Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
edit: Nah, not on a new page. Get a job working outside the home, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah okay, angry about coffee shop payments guy. It's everyone else who is weird.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Pointing out things that make STDH obviously in the 'DH' category = angry about coffee payments. Got it.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lol that you are so robotic that you can't comprehend what would happen to the world if someone paid for someone else's drink and your response is "goons!"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I would never pay for someone's coffee.

However if perhaps some kind of hot dog shack or deathtrap amusement park were at stake...

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

ibntumart posted:

Anyway, back to free poo poo at coffee/doughnut places:

Hahaha like anyone who was that elitist (and who the gently caress would be that elitist about boots of all things, or actually call someone a peasant) would go into a loving Dunkin' Donuts

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
lol ya i know, it's not like I gave reasons and examples of times when it made sense good catch guy, good catch

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I want to believe that the thing that marks that story as stdh was people being lovely to a stranger for absolutely no reason at all but that's one of the most believable parts. :smith:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

jodai posted:

I want to believe that the thing that marks that story as stdh was people being lovely to a stranger for absolutely no reason at all but that's one of the most believable parts. :smith:

Yeah. :smith:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

lol ya i know, it's not like I gave reasons and examples of times when it made sense good catch guy, good catch

Yeah, it's not like others have loads of examples where they have dismissed you're weird anger at people buying strangers drinks.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You mean the one in [Small Town], or the one in [Small Town]? I fuckin' love that chain but the servers are kind of rude at the one in [Small Town] so I usually drive to [Small Town] to grab a bite of [Fast Food Meal]. So good.

So, you guys have played Watch_Dogs too, hunh?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

At least he put in the effort to make a fake name for his "girlfriend".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Handwriting does look pretty feminine though.

But I think paying someone to write that is more believable than the note.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Khazar-khum posted:

Fake. There's no 'National Passport Center'.

There is, however, a National Visa Center at that address.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Is this really something to be proud of, that your school is so lovely it got banned from the Zoo? If it happened of course.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

That note is so cloyingly adorable, it makes my teeth itch.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

quote:

So I think if I just get it out of my system hopefully I won't keep dwelling on it.
Minor backstory, my best friend is the kind of girl that every guy falls for in the first 5 minutes. She's stunning, down to earth and incredibly genuine. She's the absolute definition of charisma and grace. Thus 5 years ago when we started hanging out I just thought hell, she'll never like someone like me. Well we became inseparable, and when she would get drunk I'd be the one to take her home and tuck her in, never once reciprocating her drunk advances. I always figured she only wanted me while drunk ya know? (Plus she had a bad habit of being an absolute heart breaker)
Anyway, she met a guy 2 years ago and he's everything she wants in a man. Fast forward to their wedding tonight - the nights winding down and she drags me out to the dance floor for a slow dance. Towards the end of it (mind you I'm a tad bit inebriated at this point) I jokingly tell her she'll just have to be the one that got away. Her response?
"You know that's bullshit, I was the one you never even wanted. You can't blame me after breaking my heart"
Now I'm lying in bed without the energy to even drown my sorrow in some low-budget erotica.
Her husband is a fantastic guy, and he'll make her so happy. But I hosed up, by letting my insecurities get between the one I always really wanted.

I kind of hope this one is true, because LOL at this loving loser

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

One day I was having a lovely day at work on a Friday and my fiancé was working a late shift so I knew I wouldn't see her until like 11. I walked into the apartment and lo and behold on the couch was a brand new copy of Destiny, my favorite beer, a box of cheez its, and (for some reason) an animation cel from Akira, along with a lovey-dovey note about how rough she knew my week was. The note didn't even have either of our names on it, it could have been right out of STDH.

....except, y'know, she wrote the note because she was gone all night and not because she had "banished herself" like some kind of loon. I feel like if you come home and your SO has left you a note despite also being home themselves something is pretty hosed up in your relationship, candy and soda notwithstanding.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

Take that, Jed Mosely!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

bringmyfishback posted:

That note is so cloyingly adorable, it makes my teeth itch.
I can simply not read it as anything but the heaviest sarcasm, that's how over the top it is.

"Here's some of that garbage food you stuff yourself with, you fatass. Thanks a lot for barely taking an active part in this family. Enjoy your loving videogame."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ryoshi posted:

One day I was having a lovely day at work on a Friday and my fiancé was working a late shift so I knew I wouldn't see her until like 11. I walked into the apartment and lo and behold on the couch was a brand new copy of Destiny, my favorite beer, a box of cheez its, and (for some reason) an animation cel from Akira, along with a lovey-dovey note about how rough she knew my week was. The note didn't even have either of our names on it, it could have been right out of STDH.

....except, y'know, she wrote the note because she was gone all night and not because she had "banished herself" like some kind of loon. I feel like if you come home and your SO has left you a note despite also being home themselves something is pretty hosed up in your relationship, candy and soda notwithstanding.

At least it wasn't written DEAR HUSBAND, LOVE WIFE like the one was.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

But, you guys don't get it.

He is such a good provider, caring helpmeet, and amazing cocksman, she will do ANYTHING to make him as happy as she can. He is such a gift to mankind, her happiness is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Don't you all know how to read between the lines?

:gas:

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That's kind of a weird take on a fake note. The gently caress is a helpmeet?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

ElGroucho posted:

Mmm... just what you want to say to a good friend on their wedding day.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Danger Mahoney posted:

It's a biblical term for wife basically. It's use somewhat common among US fundamentalist types, like when they are teaching their daughters how they need to be subservient to their future husbands.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Danger Mahoney posted:

The term comes from the King James Bible. By the mid-17th century, people made the mistake of thinking that Genesis 2:18 phrase "an help meet for him," i.e., someone worthy to help him(Adam), was actually saying there was such a thing as a "help-meet" or "helpmeet," which would basically mean a subordinate woman wife. The phrase morphed into "helpmate" early in the 18th century. The only people I've heard still using this have been from more conservative Protestant or Evangelical circles.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Dilb posted:

It's a biblical term for wife basically. It's use somewhat common among US fundamentalist types, like when they are teaching their daughters how they need to be subservient to their future husbands.

helpmeat

Of all the things that didn't happen...this loving one:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bringmyfishback posted:

helpmeat

"PS I look forward to the civil lawsuit filed against me to garnish my unemployment checks. Hope you learned your lesson."

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

bringmyfishback posted:

helpmeat

"Those things you stole? The ones with my name on them, that I'm corroborating with this very note? Yeah, they were illegally drugged. I brought drugs to work with my name on them, you idiot! Hahaha you stole my drugs and now HR will be VERY ANGRY!!"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dilb posted:

ibntumart posted:

The term comes from the King James Bible. By the mid-17th century, people made the mistake of thinking that Genesis 2:18 phrase "an help meet for him," i.e., someone worthy to help him(Adam), was actually saying there was such a thing as a "help-meet" or "helpmeet," which would basically mean a subordinate woman wife. The phrase morphed into "helpmate" early in the 18th century. The only people I've heard still using this have been from more conservative Protestant or Evangelical circles.

Danger Mahoney posted:

Not what I believe, but it worked for the point of the joke. Especially as the type of loser that would cook up such a lame STDH would be the farthest thing from any of the things I mentioned.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Unlikely

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

It happened, but the shouty man lives alone.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Josie posted:

It happened, but the shouty man lives alone.

Nope. Living with your RealDoll collection is not alone.

Or is it?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Samizdata posted:

Nope. Living with your RealDoll collection is not alone.

Or is it?

Depending on the medication of your schizophrenia.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Depending on the medication of your schizophrenia.

Cheers for the clarification.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

ElGroucho posted:

Is it just me or would it be really loving weird and awkward for a bride to slow dance a relatively new male friend at her wedding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Drunk Tomato posted:

Is it just me or would it be really loving weird and awkward for a bride to slow dance a relatively new male friend at her wedding

They have been friends years according to the story.

• Locked thread