Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

CainFortea posted:

We have enough unfunny poo poo posters, we don't need to import more.

Some people just want to watch the thread burn...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
All we really need is a Widestancer return. She always made this place more fun. :swoon: :allears:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Wulfling posted:

All we really need is a Widestancer return. She always made this place more fun. :swoon: :allears:

Here, let me quote Widestancer.

lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Xolve posted:

He's made Dalael posts tolerable, and that in itself should be punishable by death.

- an actual post in a thread with people that tried to run Widestancer out of town before calling for Widestancer to save the thread

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

- an actual post in a thread with people that tried to run Widestancer out of town before calling for Widestancer to save the thread

lol

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Wulfling posted:

In before "lol"

AFAIK, Widestancer quit SA back in July, around the time that Derek Smart Takes Over Imp Zone happened. Which is to say, she has abandoned me in my time of posting need. :smith:

That said, instead of a page-long derail, just use your ignore buttons. I know, "insecure manchildren using ignore lists in TYOOL 2015," bla bla bla. But frozenpubes is pretty much Hoopz Mark 2; he's intentionally obtuse and distracting because that generates replies, and he thinks that getting replies equates to fitting in. If you're capable of rising above this, great; if you're incapable of resisting the urge to bite at easy bait, that's what the ignore list is for.

And on an ontopic note:

quote:

[Hurricane, vanguard]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

720mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP M
[Empty High slot]

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

533 dps (4k alpha) @ 20km while still packing a full tank, and overheats to 2km/s. 300dps (2k) alpha @ 80km with Tremor. :unsmith:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

ullerrm posted:

In before "lol"

AFAIK, Widestancer quit SA back in July, around the time that Derek Smart Takes Over Imp Zone happened. Which is to say, she has abandoned me in my time of posting need. :smith:

That said, instead of a page-long derail, just use your ignore buttons. I know, "insecure manchildren using ignore lists in TYOOL 2015," bla bla bla. But frozenpubes is pretty much Hoopz Mark 2; he's intentionally obtuse and distracting because that generates replies, and he thinks that getting replies equates to fitting in. If you're capable of rising above this, great; if you're incapable of resisting the urge to bite at easy bait, that's what the ignore list is for.

And on an ontopic note:

533 dps (4k alpha) @ 20km while still packing a full tank, and overheats to 2km/s. 300dps (2k) alpha @ 80km with Tremor. :unsmith:

And if you must respond, please don't quote him, Tia.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

ullerrm posted:

In before "lol"

This is sad and depressing news. The SC thread needs her now more than ever. :saddowns:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
That DSMART takeover was pretty hilarious. That was the first time I read much on SC besides the odd post that got linked here and Jesus were there ever some mad nerds over there

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also, make sure to only quote trolls that don't "think that getting replies equates to fitting in".

And also Dalael, noted betterposter-than-Rain who isn't trying to fit in.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
So if Widestancer is gone does that leave it to Derek Smart to save the Eve thread? I don't want to take too much time away from his crusade against Star Citizen, though.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

smg77 posted:

So if Widestancer is gone does that leave it to Derek Smart to save the Eve thread? I don't want to take too much time away from his crusade against Star Citizen, though.

Summoning Widestancer.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Good lord, fitting in this thread is the last thing I'd try to do with my life.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Goons are actually incapable of just not biting. For example: the yosposters who still reply to stymie in 2015.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

vitamin the d posted:

Goons are actually incapable of just not biting. For example: the yosposters who still reply to stymie in 2015.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

smg77 posted:

DS got derailed from SC by more gamergate SJW bullshit. Might take him a day or two to circle back around.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

When ever someone uses that abbreviation. This is what I imagine

Played 100% straight faced.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 26, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

vitamin the d posted:

Stymie still posts!?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

When ever someone uses that abbreviation. This is what I imagine

Except played 100% straight faced.

What else do you call it? I can't be bothered to read his lovely blog, and that is what everyone else is calling his current derail. He is off tearing into some woman for who the gently caress knows what. Its not as fun when he isn't after SC.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
Is that that Derek Smart dude? He keeps posting in one of the Facebook SA groups about star citizen, and I can't tell if the goons are trolling or agreeing with him.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Widestancer got married I think, there's a thread archived in the gold mines about it. I don't think her and her husband will be coming back anytime soon.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i will never forgive dsmart for not probating me :saddowns:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

Widestancer got married I think, there's a thread archived in the gold mines about it. I don't think her and her husband will be coming back anytime soon.

Black Baby Goku? I thought that was a troll post as well.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Ckwiesr posted:

Is that that Derek Smart dude? He keeps posting in one of the Facebook SA groups about star citizen, and I can't tell if the goons are trolling or agreeing with him.

Both. He is fun as hell to troll, but he is right on a lot of things even if by virtue of trolling linkdin for info, and guessing.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That's the thing about Derek Smart. He is often right in his conclusions, bat poo poo insane in his responses.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Ckwiesr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds only thing you need to know about derek smart.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Derek Smart and his eve goon reject army. That's all we are.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

vitamin the d posted:

Calling it 'biting' is just legitimizing what that poo poo for brains thinks he's doing.
In fact, he rather desperately hopes you think he's smart enough to troll and can't work out that just literally being retarded isn't some clever ruse that only he's in on.

It takes entirely too much to be banned in this thread. We have been forsaken.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Klyith posted:

The rail brutix gets poo poo on because it doesn't really work and never has, it doesn't have enough powergrid for both 250s and passive tank. It has a armor repair bonus and 5 medium drones, there are some ships where you can waste those advantages but the brutix isn't one of them. Now if you want to fly a brutix hull with railguns, the Navy Brutix has always been a different story.

Overall the changes are pretty good, BCs didn't need a ton of buffing to get back into a semi-competitive place. They're still gonna be outclassed by T3s and poo poo, but the range bonuses make them a great foil to kitey bullshit. My impressions:

Jackpot
Ferox - getting even better as a rail sniper ala feroxfleet. I think these are gonna be super common.
Hurricane Fleet - went from joke to great in one patch.

Winners
Hurricane - still has to be honortanked with arty, but the range/falloff bonus works better for projectile than any other ship.
Navy Drake - It's a fast drake now. Not as big an improvement as the HFI but not bad.

Eh
Myrmidon & Prophecy - they were ok before thanks to OP drones. Treading water.
Navy Brutix - was good, still good, the Captain Mutiny Memorial Anti-Support fit is a great thing for blapping people who don't expect a BC to track their interceptor.
Drake - still a pve boat that can occasionally surprise people when it turns out to be a pvp HAM drake

Losers
(ok maybe not losers, they didn't really get worse, but there was potential squandered)
Brutix & Harbinger - the range bonus does kinda nothing for these guys. The harbinger didn't need it in the first place, and the brutix with blasters is still helpless against kiters. It would have been really cool if they'd added a flat tracking bonus rather than the same range bonus everything else got.
Cyclone - "nobody flies this but it's actually great"

I'd like to get your take on different battleships. Flying a Hyperion right now.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

when we were spitballing fits for gloryfleet in jewbal we actually ended up with the hyperion beating out the domi for gallente bs

but the raven was even better

(we eventually settled on the brutix)

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
I like the concept of the Cyclone, but it definitely still blows overall. All it's really getting is 10% more MWD speed (9% base), a minute amount of agility, and a range bonus it basically can't even use because it can't apply meaningful damage without a scram and a web (limiting it to a two-slot tank). The only reason anyone even uses the Cyclone at all is because bonused XLASBs are absurdly good in small engagements and it has enough CPU to fit one fairly comfortably.

A 3-BCS HAM Drake does 533dps from missiles and 633dps with Hob IIs. An equivalent Cyclone is only doing 395dps from missiles and 550dps with Hammerhead IIs, and it's got one less slot for tank and about 20% less EHP before considering the extra slot. The Drake has a 35% DPS advantage from missiles alone, meaning that even ignoring EHP, the Cyclone is worthless as a large-gang or fleet ship and not a very good kiter against anything other than other BCs (rendering any projection bonus basically worthless).

As for mobility, even after Vanguard it will have an 11s align time with MWD and a max speed of about 1450m/s, which doesn't even begin to make up for the lack of EHP and damage compared to other BCs-- nevermind that the Hurricane will have 95% of its speed and agility, far more damage with better application, more range flexibility with short-range guns, more EHP, a much better slot layout for brawling, and still has the same awesome dual utility highs (:rolleyes:). Even if you fill the Cyclone's two extra highs with 220mm ACs, you're barely breaking 600 paper dps, and the application is worse than all but the Drake's.

So among BCs it's still the worst brawler other than the Ferox, the worst kiter other than the Brutix, and the worst overall in large engagements, but it's 2/3rds as fast as a cruiser so we can't buff it at all, sorry guys.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SMA/IMP Drake fleet had a bad night thanks to Horde & Waffles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrq95n4YDwk

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Have you read this blog post?

http://targetcaller.blogspot.de/2015/09/goodbye-null-sec-hello-small-gang.html

Tal is leaving null for low-sec because of the pressure groups like MoA are putting on CFC. Being forced to defend them space and to participate in counter-entosis fleets just ain't fun to him. It's a good example how smaller groups can infact hurt goons.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I never heard of that guy. All I had to see was his corp tag to figure out why he'd be such a fucknut.

Man it only took him two years and a trillion isk to make one ex-razor pubbie leave 0.0

Hexel fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 27, 2015

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Syndic Thrass posted:

Tal is leaving null for low-sec because of the pressure groups like MoA are putting on CFC. Being forced to defend them space and to participate in counter-entosis fleets just ain't fun to him. It's a good example how smaller groups can infact hurt goons.

Who is this person and why should I care?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

darth cookie posted:

Who is this person and why should I care?

You probably shouldn't that was a response to gevlon gobblers newest blog post

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
His blog post would make a good straight to DVD movie.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

mikey posted:

I like the concept of the Cyclone, but it definitely still blows overall. All it's really getting is 10% more MWD speed (9% base), a minute amount of agility, and a range bonus it basically can't even use because it can't apply meaningful damage without a scram and a web (limiting it to a two-slot tank). The only reason anyone even uses the Cyclone at all is because bonused XLASBs are absurdly good in small engagements and it has enough CPU to fit one fairly comfortably.

A 3-BCS HAM Drake does 533dps from missiles and 633dps with Hob IIs. An equivalent Cyclone is only doing 395dps from missiles and 550dps with Hammerhead IIs, and it's got one less slot for tank and about 20% less EHP before considering the extra slot. The Drake has a 35% DPS advantage from missiles alone, meaning that even ignoring EHP, the Cyclone is worthless as a large-gang or fleet ship and not a very good kiter against anything other than other BCs (rendering any projection bonus basically worthless).

As for mobility, even after Vanguard it will have an 11s align time with MWD and a max speed of about 1450m/s, which doesn't even begin to make up for the lack of EHP and damage compared to other BCs-- nevermind that the Hurricane will have 95% of its speed and agility, far more damage with better application, more range flexibility with short-range guns, more EHP, a much better slot layout for brawling, and still has the same awesome dual utility highs (:rolleyes:). Even if you fill the Cyclone's two extra highs with 220mm ACs, you're barely breaking 600 paper dps, and the application is worse than all but the Drake's.

So among BCs it's still the worst brawler other than the Ferox, the worst kiter other than the Brutix, and the worst overall in large engagements, but it's 2/3rds as fast as a cruiser so we can't buff it at all, sorry guys.

You're not wrong, but you are forgetting it can select it's damage type, meaning the difference in actual applied damage vs the drake can be much smaller in many cases. You're also ignoring in your number crunching an XLASB fit will tank ~1000dps until it exhausts its charges, which can situationally be rather amazing.
As a bit of a hail-mary the HAM fit also fits a medium neut and small NOS(why would you fit ACs?). If you want to be a dick it's a cheap way of doing it, and no one expects anything useful to happen.

It's actually an awesome brawler within a small scope, similar in use to a Myrm.

Syndic Thrass posted:

This guy was wailing about how the Imperium does wars during provi. I don't think he really understood us at all.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
He doesn't like suicide ganking; cased closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Syndic Thrass posted:

I liked this part.

quote:

some doubled down on ratting (now that you could earn participation credit for doing it)
Not. :eyepop:

That being said Talvorian Dex is a quite decent human being and Repercussus is/was by far the most interesting corp in RZR, doing all the doctrine jobs and some more interesting stuff on top of that. When I was playing they used to roam in W-space and held a C6 for few months (maybe they still do). Now I see they roam in lowsec which is again quite original for the pretty squared RZR main precepts, which basically are: deploy nao, grind pap, be first in kb stats so we get space coins from big momma CFC, shut the gently caress up (not just in local).

From my perspective, of an ex player who keeps on reading and wondering if/when to resub my legion of alts, it's a pretty interesting blogpost.
TL;DR is: FozzieSOV, in the effort of giving more power to the little groups to harass the big established corps and alliances, made nullsec uninteresting and the capability of owning space extremely limited, no matter how many people you are able to field, because people are not bots and if you must only respond to counter-entosis pings finally you move to lowsec for the pvp. Which is ultimately not such a bad thing.

Tl;DR of the TL;DR: null is dead.

• Locked thread