Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

i'm the "2013" in stick-on chrome on the back.

or maybe i'm the rebuilt title, there's so much to choose from!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

i'm the "2013" in stick-on chrome on the back.

or maybe i'm the rebuilt title, there's so much to choose from!
You sold the Studebaker right? Did you pick something else up after that? That Studebaker looked so awesome.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

You sold the Studebaker right? Did you pick something else up after that? That Studebaker looked so awesome.

speaking of studebaker I took these photos at Cars and Coffee Irvine (when it still existed):

Studebaker Nighthawk with a Bentley engine and hood. :getin:

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Can't decide if I'm the lather interior of the soft top convertible.

Which brings me to a mini-rant about these wonderful listings. How do people think they'll get anything close to what they're asking with three quick exterior pictures and words fished out from a bowl of soup? Disillusioned or what? Especially newish cars for $10k-$40K. That kind of money isn't exactly chump change (for me) and I've gone into great detail for cars I've sold for less than a grand. Pictures are basically free now and so are the listings, there's no excuse not to spend as much effort as possible polishing a listing if you're actually serious about selling your car.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

NoWake posted:

Can't decide if I'm the lather interior of the soft top convertible.

Which brings me to a mini-rant about these wonderful listings. How do people think they'll get anything close to what they're asking with three quick exterior pictures and words fished out from a bowl of soup? Disillusioned or what? Especially newish cars for $10k-$40K. That kind of money isn't exactly chump change (for me) and I've gone into great detail for cars I've sold for less than a grand. Pictures are basically free now and so are the listings, there's no excuse not to spend as much effort as possible polishing a listing if you're actually serious about selling your car.

The vast majority of people are either too uneducated or have too few fucks to give to put any effort into the faintest level of critical thinking. Think of every job that could be replaced with a computer if it weren't for a steadfast reliance on dead trees for record keeping. In general, the people that have those positions have stopped trying.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Yeah, sold the Studebaker. I really liked it, but I wanted something with a manual transmission. My wife said she really liked the little convertibles we saw running around, so I got an MG Midget and satisfied us both. I'm phoneposting or I'd add a link, but there's an "old British sports cars" thread with pics and such.

The MG is pretty (it has the proper chrome bumpers) but it's not as beautiful as the Studebaker was.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/5214005031.html

:stare: God drat I wish I had the space / shop / time so that I could buy this and do a LSx swap. The ad's been up for almost 3 weeks now too, I bet anyone who showed up with $500 cash could walk away with it.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Have you seen whats been in my driveway lately? Mine just has a plain SBC and a turbo 400. Its loving quick.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Have you seen whats been in my driveway lately? Mine just has a plain SBC and a turbo 400. Its loving quick.

Pics? Didn't know you had a V8 Jag. Did you buy it that way or did you do the swap?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Femme de la jour. One of my favorite cars in my favorite color. The thing is, these probably command a high price due to the 2jz modding scene, and I'd want to keep it stock. Worth it then? Probably not.

I am a sucker for unfulfilling overpriced cars.

blk fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 27, 2015

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's a lot of money for a 13 year old Lexus

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

leica posted:

Pics? Didn't know you had a V8 Jag. Did you buy it that way or did you do the swap?

I'll get a thread going. It was partially done - it was installed but not wired up. It was shockingly easy, just found a couple of wiring diagrams and hooked poo poo up. I never take photos as I'm the same as others, my hands are always to greasy. I need to find a cheap droid phone with WiFi and make it the garage camera.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

why is it's butt so high in the air is it in heat?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

blk posted:

Femme de la jour. One of my favorite cars in my favorite color. The thing is, these probably command a high price due to the 2jz modding scene, and I'd want to keep it stock. Worth it then? Probably not.

My parents just sold their low mileage 2003 for like 13k because they bought a Merc SL.

I drove the IS a few times and for the prices they've always gone for I think it's a bit underwhelming. And now it looks very dated. Gauge cluster was cool though.

I think there are better ways to irresponsibly spend your money on a car, let us help you :)

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Wasn't there an IS wagon?

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
What do you guys think?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/5241380070.html

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Too much hood

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

blk posted:

I wanted one when they came out but the E46 is better in every way except reliability. Every way.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

VideoTapir posted:

Wasn't there an IS wagon?

There was, but I don't think any were sold with a manual in the States.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

gently caress, why aren't you there now buying this car?

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Elmnt80 posted:

Trust me I want it! If I had a check for my totalled truck in my hands I'd be headed out there now.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

I think you best move your rear end.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I've always like them because they are similar to the aussie CH (chrysler) or VH and VJ (valiant) hardtop. Which is a rare car down here, only ~2500 made and they're often forgotten due to the popularity of the charger.
E: A neighbour in the 1980s had a hardtop and I loved the look of it more than my mates VK charger.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 28, 2015

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Elmnt80 posted:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
A Comanche on 35's? uuuunf... that price is like 2 grand too high though.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/5230976503.html

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

You don't see too many of these.

Not that badly priced either.
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5243840407.html

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Mustache Ride posted:

You don't see too many of these.

Not that badly priced either.
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5243840407.html

Anybody wanna buy my spare kidney?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

:mmmhmm:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'd go $600 if it ran.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Terrible Robot posted:

Anybody wanna buy my spare kidney?

I think you're gonna need to sell the other one to fix that door.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I didn't know they called the rx5 a cosmo over there, I thought it was only called that for JDM models. Or that they were made in 74 (I thought they started in 75).
They sold a few piston versions (called a 121) so panels shouldn't be impossible to get, but then again most of those probably went in the crusher.
I've been in a few (rx5s and piston 121s), personally I find them a bit too big and heavy for a rotary.

On the bright side, there's that youtuber in canada (I think?), that's restoring one and maybe they have spare parts.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

PCOS Bill posted:

I'd go $600 if it ran.

Agreeing with PCOS, that truck is so bad it loops back around to awesome.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Is... that the windows from an extended-cab Nissan installed in the bed sides?

Fo3 posted:

I didn't know they called the rx5 a cosmo over there, I thought it was only called that for JDM models. Or that they were made in 74 (I thought they started in 75).
They sold a few piston versions (called a 121) so panels shouldn't be impossible to get, but then again most of those probably went in the crusher.
I've been in a few (rx5s and piston 121s), personally I find them a bit too big and heavy for a rotary.

On the bright side, there's that youtuber in canada (I think?), that's restoring one and maybe they have spare parts.

Yeah, Canada: aaroncake on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL06C7C4B54765998D
He's had to do a lot of rust work, and it's not going to be remotely stock. He's videoing the build. Not quite up to binky levels, but lots of details and bad puns/"that's what she said" humor. It's on hiatus, due to him losing his (rented) shop, and buying a house.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
http://bringatrailer.com/2015/09/30/no-reserve-19k-mile-1985-asc-mclaren-mercury-capri-rs/

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rad, 16k for a polished turd.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This guy is dropping by about $1000 a week

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1976-granada-base-4-door/1107071639?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

bonus monza towne coupe http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...gationFlag=true

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 1, 2015

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I think you best move your rear end.

It's in the works. May have a new thread up this weekend.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Senior Funkenstien posted:

It's in the works. May have a new thread up this weekend.

YEEEESSSSSSS

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

1985 Capri RS was my first car. I just bought tires, oil , and gas for that thing. So much tire smoke. That glass hatch felt like it weighed 150 lbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I always preferred those 80s bubble hatch capris to the mustangs.