Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

CherryCat posted:

Total goonlord on First Dates this week, keeps going on about the friendzone ugh.

They always put the weird guys with the fat chicks.

I wanted to scissor-kick that bipolar lady in the face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Hunted was good, although I was mega-disappointed the speccy guy got caught so stupidly, he was doing so well.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

XMNN posted:

Hunted was good, although I was mega-disappointed the speccy guy got caught so stupidly, he was doing so well.

What did he do?

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

PriorMarcus posted:

What did he do?

he went back to London on the bloody train. Seriously.

I really enjoyed this episode as well, and I think he could have lasted the week if he hadn't tried to do that.

The two girls are interesting, it's almost funny to see how paranoid they are about everything (suspecting helicopters!) when they have been I think 100% off the radar on day 1.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Casualty is doing a Muslim Extremists vs National Front episode.

Also there's a dead kid.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I really liked how they played the trailer for some race war programme where there's just a clip of some shitler saying "wherever there are Muslims there are terrorists" followed immediately by "and now on BBC One, armed police respond to extremists in Casualty!"

gently caress off.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Hunted was ruined for me on the last episode, when I noticed theres a disclaimer that they dont have access to all the tech they talk about in the show. I know it was probably silly to think they would have, but the fact that I noticed they stated they dont just ruined it for me, then whenever they talked about setting up triggers on a phone location, they probably just had the cameraman with the guy on the run feeding them the info as a way of staging it.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Padje posted:

One interesting thing with the latest series is they now show you the official wedding taking place the next day in a registry office, when the older seasons were perfectly content to let you think a concert venue had a wedding licence.

Did anyone see the one from a few weeks back with the worst ever mother-in-law? The groom was adamant he had to get married in a cave, and when the big day came around it was revealed the mother-in-law was claustrophobic and couldn't attend the ceremony. It was brilliant.

It bugs me when they do the whole separate registry office thing. It's not a wedding if it's not legal. It's just some morons standing around in a roller rink in costumes.

The crazy claustrophobic mother in law was the highlight of the season. Closely followed by the Frank Spencer impressions on an empty cruise ship. Then £2k stag do groom.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The last two weddings I went to it was just morons standing around after nipping over to the registry office the day before.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The Big Taff Man posted:

Hunted was ruined for me on the last episode, when I noticed theres a disclaimer that they dont have access to all the tech they talk about in the show. I know it was probably silly to think they would have, but the fact that I noticed they stated they dont just ruined it for me, then whenever they talked about setting up triggers on a phone location, they probably just had the cameraman with the guy on the run feeding them the info as a way of staging it.

That's sort of my issue too - I have no trouble with them faking it for the number plate system (as that could be used), but as per my post above I don't think the linked up CCTV etc is realistic. I'm still enjoying it though.

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

Eh, it makes sense if they are replicated powers they would have as police, whether that is happening I'm not so sure though. Surely leaving a recording device on the spur of the moment in someone's house (who isn't even a suspect) wouldn't be legal?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

aga. posted:

Eh, it makes sense if they are replicated powers they would have as police, whether that is happening I'm not so sure though. Surely leaving a recording device on the spur of the moment in someone's house (who isn't even a suspect) wouldn't be legal?

Im assuming again but I would think anyone who takes part in the show would sign a disclaimer.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Casualty is doing a Muslim Extremists vs National Front episode.

Also there's a dead kid.

This is going to be my 'Sunday afternoon, I've yet again got fresher flu from the little disease vectors, wrap up in a duvet & sulk' treat.

I hope hope hope it's Charlie who talks everybody down :allears:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

So the usual This is England darkness has kicked in HARD tonight :stare:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Just give all the awards for this dinner table scene in This Is England 90

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Seriously, I'm pretty sure they must have done it all in a single take too.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Excellent episode. How did Combo and Lol arrive back when it was dark when she picked him up at 7.30 in the morning? Also are we supposed to know who Milky is talking to on the phone?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

No, it's supposed to be a mystery.

I assumed it's someone he's hired to kill Combo. Hence why he was reassuring them his daughter was safe at his house.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

No, it's supposed to be a mystery.

I assumed it's someone he's hired to kill Combo. Hence why he was reassuring them his daughter was safe at his house.

Doesn't he tell whoever it is that he loves them? I remember he had a girlfriend in the film but I doubt it'd be her.

edit: Also what's the deal with these dumb adverts on C4 with the robot loving with adverts with poo poo like 'YOU MUST CONFORM'

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They've been on ITV rugby coverage as well. Normally in the middle of an annoying insurance advert so I don't really care.

aga.
Sep 1, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

Im assuming again but I would think anyone who takes part in the show would sign a disclaimer.

I meant more as a replication of police powers.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, Moaning of Life 2 next month, wonderful. Forgot the date though

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

goatface posted:

They've been on ITV rugby coverage as well. Normally in the middle of an annoying insurance advert so I don't really care.

I'm sure it's on during the freeview advert, with the budgie and cat.

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Yeah, I doubt they would give you the money for a small-scale traditional wedding in the parish church and reception in the town hall. Gotta have some dumb bullshit to justify it.

Someone actually tried to book the local church on this series and the vicar (or whoever) said that's not legal to do on 3 weeks notice.

netally posted:

It bugs me when they do the whole separate registry office thing. It's not a wedding if it's not legal. It's just some morons standing around in a roller rink in costumes.

The crazy claustrophobic mother in law was the highlight of the season. Closely followed by the Frank Spencer impressions on an empty cruise ship. Then £2k stag do groom.

The cruise ship one was specatular. Performing WHAM! whilst dressed as Faith George Michael. The total inattention to detail that makes these performers the worst thing in the world. This was the same one where the groom ballsed up the Italian hotel so hard that the producers had to visibly step in and sort everything out.

Special shout out to the UItra Virgin who gave his birde-to-be some onesies and childrens dvds as her hen do.

So the usual This is England darkness has kicked in HARD tonight :stare:

I got home drunk and watched the whole episode and I really wish I hadn't. How many characters will die next week? Kellie's OD looms.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Doesn't he tell whoever it is that he loves them? I remember he had a girlfriend in the film but I doubt it'd be her.

edit: Also what's the deal with these dumb adverts on C4 with the robot loving with adverts with poo poo like 'YOU MUST CONFORM'

I've only seem them during Freeview ads. It kind of scared me.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
http://adturds.co.uk/2015/09/26/freeview-you-must-conform-advert/

Edit: It's literally just an advert for Freeview, to emphasise that they're free and not subscription-based like the rest.

thehustler fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Sep 28, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Red is Dead posted:

I'm sure it's on during the freeview advert, with the budgie and cat.

Oh is that what it's for? It looks like an insurance ad.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm a non-conformist with my TV-consumption.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Adam Buxton has a new podcast.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

reality_groove posted:

Adam Buxton has a new podcast.

I just stumbled on that! Going to one-up you by actually linking it:

https://soundcloud.com/adam-buxton

I've started the first ep, it incorporates a talk with Louis Theroux.

Also Miles Jupp is the new host of The News Quiz, and is fantastic.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So did anyone watch the new Danger Mouse?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

This Is England is single-camera so every time the shot changes its a different take. They probably did that dinner table scene 3-4 times. Or at the very least one or two takes with a few pickup close ups.

I'm so sad it's over. They should make it like 7-up and carry on forever. Every 4 years.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm still dying to see how they're going to end it all. It's going to have to be a loving incredible ending.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

thehustler posted:

This Is England is single-camera so every time the shot changes its a different take. They probably did that dinner table scene 3-4 times. Or at the very least one or two takes with a few pickup close ups.

I'm so sad it's over. They should make it like 7-up and carry on forever. Every 4 years.

Settle down, there's still one more episode.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

reformed bad troll posted:

Settle down, there's still one more episode.

I know, I jumped the gun and posted while watching and was sure there were only 3, but then I realised it'd been done in seasons of the year so... yeah.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Just give all the awards for this dinner table scene in This Is England 90

This! Holy Feck

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pablo Bluth posted:

So did anyone watch the new Danger Mouse?

Eh. Could have stood to have been slower. The heart was there but it was far too packed.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

TV pres nerds! Channel 4 full rebrand coming at 9pm.

Looks like the blocks are coming back :o

edit:

Edit 2: oh. Ident with no logo. What the gently caress. Bloody graphic designers.

thehustler fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 29, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm really not feeling this package. It almost comes off as if they were told "NO, you have to have the blocks for they are Channel 4!" and they stretched what that meant far beyond its natural limit.

I mean, I love me some water bears but they really don't have much business being on an Ident for Channel 4.

BBC Two maybe.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

The graphics, the font, the colours, all good. Programme menus and posters/printed media. Love it.

The main video idents themselves, all bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah There's just no coheasion here, at the first I thouhgt the idea was "What makes Channel 4 ( Represented by the blocks) hence the looking at the block and seeing the water bear?" but then it just sort of farts of into god knows where teritory with People in White Suits, Person in a Fly outfit and Gem Diodes.

Like I said before, I'm half way expeting the BBC 2 to pop up in these things.