Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Thanks, second question, how do you put together the Legate from the CA starter? 28mm arms in two pieces are awful. The forearm stuck to my thumb holding it in place more than the rest of the arm.

Option 1, use two-part epoxy glue.
Option 2, get good pinning bits and pin everything.
Or do both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Pierzak posted:

Option 1, use two-part epoxy glue.
Option 2, get good pinning bits and pin everything.
Or do both.
^^^ This.

I assembled a couple of Nasmats the other night, and they have these aerial antennae sticking off the backs of their heads. I looked at the tine attachment point, said to myself, "aw, hell" and reached immediately for my pin vise.

Also, RE: Nasmats - Aaaargh, their toes are a separate piece. :wtc:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
tiny_shit_you_have_to_glue_to_a_su_jian.png

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I assembled my Nasmat without pinning or particular difficulty thanks to the magic of greenstuff.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Great op but some questions about starting out that I didn't see....

Is the current 2 player starter worth getting if one of the factions and or some models aren't used?
Ie is there enough value in the buildings and everything else to make it worthwhile or can we order seperate factions and enough terrain for about the same cost?

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Is the current 2 player starter worth getting if one of the factions and or some models aren't used?
Ie is there enough value in the buildings and everything else to make it worthwhile or can we order seperate factions and enough terrain for about the same cost?

I think what you want is this: http://infinitythegame.com/store/articulo.php?o=3&id=2357

The card buildings are available separately, so if you don't want both factions then don't worry about Icestorm.

Oh, except there's the Reverend Healer and Father Knight in there, which don't come in the equivalent starters so yes there is some added value in O:IS.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The new Mobile Brigada models are pretty nice. They look a bit Bubblegum Crisis.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The American Maverick has a goofy "resting shotgun across torso onto left arm" position that means wherever you put pressure on the gun (like your clutz of a rival dropping the model on its side) the angle acts like a lever to snap the arm off the shoulder. I'm all about active poses in wargame modeling but c'mon man. Some of us like this hobby for just shooting mans by rolling dice.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tiny Chalupa posted:

The buildings are not worth it IMO. Even stabilized by boxed inside as suggested by CB, they're way too light and will move during the game.

The best value for cost is to grab some free patterns and get them lasercut from MDF. You save a lot by not engraving hexes and other patterns (which you can airbrush anyway), and they're nice, heavy and much more convenient. Ask me for the link to the free patterns thread when the official forums are back on.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Corbeau posted:

I assembled my Nasmat without pinning or particular difficulty thanks to the magic of greenstuff.
Pics?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Pierzak has a good point that the terrain, while OK for starting out, is hardly ideal as it's so light. You would be as well off with white cardboard/foamcore boxes even before any painting, printing etc in my opinion.

Beyond that, you can buy the terrain alone (and in some alternative styles) on their website, and all factions have starters (Icestorm is literally the Nomad and PanO starters plus one exclusive model each) which are roughly similar. By all means, get a starter each for the factions you most like, get no terrain or a separate pack. Icestorm is a good pack but only if both players like the factions.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I put some anti-slide rubber under my terrain to keep it steady.

Re: glueing joints: put a tiny green stuff blob in the joint with super glue on both sides.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

the new stuff are all awesome but I wish the brigada ML had her helmet on properly.

The Remotes are amazing, if you think they look bad you should donate your eyes because you're clearly not making good use out of them.

That said, ran a 12 player tournament tonight which was good, although I never, ever want to TO Infinity on 2 hours of sleep ever again.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Slapped my rival down this evening. Busted him so hard he conceded after the first round! MVPs were the HMGSpetz wiping out a TRO Combi bot and Uxia with Superior Infil and a Boarding shotgun blasting down a TRO HMG bot inside of 8".

We're going to try that sketchy War Crimes two-player fan campaign. Anyone had any experience with it?

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 25, 2015

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Verr posted:

Slapped my rival down this evening. Busted him so hard he conceded after the first round! MVPs were the HMGSpetz wiping out a TRO Combi bot and Uxia with Superior Infil and a Boarding shotgun blasting down a TRO HMG bot inside of 8".

We're going to try that sketchy War Crimes two-player fan campaign. Anyone had any experience with it?

Uxia is the best.

My buddy and i were thinking of doing the War Crimes thing. He was worried about the low model count on the first campaign (he plays aleph)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jesus gently caress my Speculo keeps rolling a 20 ok deployment but i can't resist causing such carnage in people's deployment zones.

She ends up as a 34pt cheerleader for my Charontid while he walks through the entire game instead.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Pierzak posted:

The best value for cost is to grab some free patterns and get them lasercut from MDF. You save a lot by not engraving hexes and other patterns (which you can airbrush anyway), and they're nice, heavy and much more convenient. Ask me for the link to the free patterns thread when the official forums are back on.

Sweet mind explaining what MDF is? I'm apparently retarded but I assume you mean something like this?
What does that typically run? Simply curious

Okay so if those 2 factions aren't preferred basically any starts with maybe another model tacked on should be good to go?
Are there any blatantly unbalanced starters or all pretty close to one another?

Lastly will I need to pickup the N3 book or is the free rules enough?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Sweet mind explaining what MDF is? I'm apparently retarded but I assume you mean something like this?

Okay so if those 2 factions aren't preferred basically any starts with maybe another model tacked on should be good to go?

Free rules is enough, make sure to visit wiki.infinitythegame.com if you have any questions. Sigh away from Link teams for now.
The starters aren't really balanced... If you are learning, you might want to go with the standard ice storm box or proxy them in.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
MDF is Medium Density Fiberboard, sometimes also called "Masonite." It's a composite made from wood pulp, and is quite sturdy. You can get it at almost any DIY store in 3mm (1/8") for pretty cheap, but I think the stuff they generally use for laser cut terrain might be the 2mm variety. Not 100% sure on that.

In terms of starters, most follow the same general layout - 3 line troopers, 2 more specialized troops (e.g. sniper, flame-thrower, close combat, or hacker), and one heavy infantry. There are slight variations on this, but in general that's how they work. This typically balances out to around 100-120 points. Grabbing another box or blister is usually plenty to get you started.

Pick up the N3 book if you want the fluff. The rules are all available for free download from CB's site.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tiny Chalupa posted:

- yeah it's similar stuff, the one used for lasercutting is 3mm HDF I think. Some people do it with plywood but I found the HDF surface better. A basic L-shaped building of 17x17x10cm with windows/doors/roof would cost me 5-6€ locally (at a professional cutter who does wargaming terrain, some group order arranged/prepared myself would shave some more % from it), but I'm in :poland: so your costs may vary.

The official forums are back on, here are some patterns:
http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29183-free-laser-cut-stuff-from-wargaming-lodz/

- starters are NOT point-balanced against each other. BTW, the game is balanced from 200 points onwards, in smaller battles elite armies like CA/Aleph will have a noticeable disadvantage.

- the free PDF is basically the full rules part of the printed book with lower-quality images. I like the printed version for convenience, but you can play without ever needing a paid document.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
KOSUIL Assault Pioneers
MOV:4-4 CC:13 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:14 ARM:2 BTS:3 W:1 S:2 AVA:2
Fireteam: Tohaa, Bioimmunity

Inactive Symbiont Armor
MOV:4-4 CC:13 BS:12 PH:11 WIP:13 ARM:0 BTS:0 W:1 S:2
Fireteam:Tohaa

Engineer K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife (29 | 0)
Minelayer K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife (25 | 0)
Engineer Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife (24 | 0.5)

October releases:
Domaru box (spitfire(!) + BS + CCW + CCW, model a loving chain already! :argh:)
Azra'il HMG
Seraph
Dactyl doctor
Van Zant (the non-LE version)

Also, lovely pics of the new Domaru:

ed: Whoa whoa whoa, stop the presses, are we getting Rodoks now? :aaaaa:

I love the hydraulic boots :3:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 27, 2015

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Azra'il HMG! :toot:

Between that and the Hunzakut, nice for Haqq players.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Pyrolocutus posted:

Azra'il HMG! :toot:

Between that and the Hunzakut, nice for Haqq players.

Yeah, pity the Azra'il will get fielded like, never.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
:allears: That Rodok render, I want that poo poo yesterday.

e: a solid combat engineer with d-charges option for Tohaa doesn't hurt, either. Especially nice that he's linkable.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pierzak posted:

Yeah, pity the Azra'il will get fielded like, never.

Yeah, well, they look cool as gently caress :colbert:

Also, they might yet get revised in HS later this year, so we'll see!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The Rodoks look awesome. Not a fan of the new Domaru, though to be fair I wasn't a huge fan of the old ones either.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Why are the female Domaru so drat weedy? It's like there's barely a person in there.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Signal posted:

Why are the female Domaru so drat weedy? It's like there's barely a person in there.

:anime:

ed:

quote:

Tohaa Symbiobeasts (Mutan and Surda) and Kerail will come out in November, their rules are under heavy testing right know, many possibilities are being discused, antipode like, g:sync...

The Pulzar weapon that the Kerail carries might have an special effect that even if it doesn't hit or do damage, the enemy becomes targeted.

Guija comming up in November (which will be a BIG month)

Crazy Koalas rule will change name and become 'perimetral' weapons, new types of this weapons will come in HSN3 such as the Tohaa Symbiobugs or the Madtraps.

Domarus are getting a spitfire, maybe something more on HSN3.

Holoprojector will change and will grant surprise shot.

0-V ammo changes name to avoid confusion and will become eclypse ammo.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 27, 2015

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Those Rodoks are loving rad, can't wait! I got my very first minis this week, Morat boxes and Suryat blisters, and I'm really enjoying the MAF aesthetic.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Signal posted:

I'm kind of the other way; I'm tired of all the dudes being brick shithouses.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

I'm kind of the other way; I'm tired of all the dudes being brick shithouses.

Now take off the layer of powered armor and look again.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I really just want to say MADTRAPS in caps only

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
are they changing symbiont armours rules again? or did I get that rumour mixed with something else.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Hoboskins posted:

are they changing symbiont armours rules again? or did I get that rumour mixed with something else.

I hope so, they seem weirdly costed vs. NWI.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They should cost more

Anyone here got any experiences with or against a Haiduk? SMSR looks cool but I've no idea where I'd use it over an SML

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

SMSR looks cool but I've no idea where I'd use it over an SML
It's basically your generic area-control sniper plus "i have a few points left to spend so I can use my fuckton of Shasvastii FOs I'm taking anyway".

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Pierzak posted:

Now take off the layer of powered armor and look again.

It makes sense. Without the armour all those females would have the anorexic proportions of catwalk models.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

It's basically your generic area-control sniper plus "i have a few points left to spend so I can use my fuckton of Shasvastii FOs I'm taking anyway".

Yeah I'm thinking of using this because I love me some sniper's and fos

Although I always feel a bit off on taking a sniper without an msv

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 27, 2015

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Z the IVth posted:

It makes sense. Without the armour all those females would have the anorexic proportions of catwalk models.

True fact: anorexic catwalk models make for smaller targets. Also, the accepted terminology is no longer "anorexic" but rather "tactically thin." :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

I hope so, they seem weirdly costed vs. NWI.

In profiles like the new unit posted above, that is essentially what they are right? The model takes one wound, goes to the second profile? If anything it is almost as good as 2W, except you are vulnerable to fire (whereas NWI is vulnerable to shock ammo)

Z the IVth posted:

I would say they have those proportions in armour, without it they would barely be 3D. I mean they don't even appear to have any room in there for knees, let alone muscles.

• Locked thread