Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And now that they are gone, there's people just chilling outside again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sports are stupid, mafia thread. That's what I learned tonight

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

chaoslord posted:

Sports are stupid, mafia thread. That's what I learned tonight

It could be worse, chaoslord. You could take the a and the r out of your team's name. and hire charlie weiss.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BottleKnight posted:

It could be worse, chaoslord. You could take the a and the r out of your team's name. and hire charlie weiss.

lol @ post-patriots weis

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

lol @ post-patriots weis

"what do you want to be when you grow up, son."

"I want to be paid by one professional and two college football teams to not coach."

*eyes well with tears* "I'm so proud of you, son."

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello thread

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uranus posted:

hello thread

hello

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:siren:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
how is everyones weekend.

beer is good

how bout whisky, thats good too. and whiskey.

discuss

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I just finished a mobile game called Lifeline. BK just finished it too and he needs to be online in the middle of the night so we can talk about it.

I really enjoyed it. Reminds me of a Telltale game.

Highly recommend.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 27, 2020

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
lift wrist to mouth, without spilling

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i am not a fan of shots

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'll sip my whisky thankyouverymuch

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hello fremds I would like someone to examine a setup and tell me if it looks okay for WoW Mafia.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Well hello friends how are you doi

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743898

Trojan WAR! (whoah oh oh what is it good for?)
A soldiers mafia game for a lot of people is now taking signups.

CCKeane, King Menelaus of the Achaeans

will be taking on the mighty

Pinterest Mum, King Priam of Troia

Who will heed the call to battle?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Does town ever Win games here? I'm annoyed with getting to endgame, knowing who all the non-town are and it not mattering. It's frustrating.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
In my experience town wins most games

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

in my experience i win most games

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
So, I'm really excited for The Martian, it looks like a great cast, great writer, one of my favorite directors, and I decided to read the book.

The book is fun but kind of terrible in a few ways, a lot of the writing feels really amateur, there are a couple instances of lawl pirate ninja lawl jokes, the female characters are either OMG STONE COLD BITCH or ~*simpering flowers*~ and the dialogue occasionally reads like it was written by a fifteen year old ("it's gonna take a buttload of fuel" says an actual person in a NASA meeting). This has not weakened my excitement for the movie though. I think it's a book that would work better as a screenplay in capable hands.

Mafia thread what are some of your favorite movies that are better than the books they are based on? Mine is American Psycho.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

this onslaught of new writers with one-hit-wonders like john green, andy weir, ernest cline and others just really runs into that problem for me a lot, LUTR. like their writing is either okay, or exceptionally bad. but they get a pass because of the content of their work, which confuses me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ljtrigirl posted:

Does town ever Win games here? I'm annoyed with getting to endgame, knowing who all the non-town are and it not mattering. It's frustrating.

We occasionally fall into ruts where lazy play leads to town losing more than they should. Sometimes game design plays a part in this too. Town absolutely do win though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

uranus posted:

I've literally had the best weekend of my life.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

this onslaught of new writers with one-hit-wonders like john green, andy weir, ernest cline and others just really runs into that problem for me a lot, LUTR. like their writing is either okay, or exceptionally bad. but they get a pass because of the content of their work, which confuses me.

John Green has, like, five really good books (about the same subject).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

I just finished playing through SOMA and am now having an existential crisis

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

I've literally had the best weekend of my life.

elaborate

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
the new chvrches album is out finally omg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

uranus posted:

elaborate

I went to a grass roots music festival yesterday, got high and bumped into so many random people I know who were genuinely happy to see me, met a hot girl and made out with her for hours and then went round my mate's house to do my first acid trip and I discovered I really am no longer just a mess of insecurities but actually a real person and today it's sunny and beautiful. And the new chvrches album is out!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Look Under The Rock posted:

So, I'm really excited for The Martian, it looks like a great cast, great writer, one of my favorite directors, and I decided to read the book.

The book is fun but kind of terrible in a few ways, a lot of the writing feels really amateur, there are a couple instances of lawl pirate ninja lawl jokes, the female characters are either OMG STONE COLD BITCH or ~*simpering flowers*~ and the dialogue occasionally reads like it was written by a fifteen year old ("it's gonna take a buttload of fuel" says an actual person in a NASA meeting). This has not weakened my excitement for the movie though. I think it's a book that would work better as a screenplay in capable hands.

Mafia thread what are some of your favorite movies that are better than the books they are based on? Mine is American Psycho.

i quite enjoyed the book, read it in pretty much one sitting and am super excited for the movie.

my favorite movie is better than book example is game of thorns

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Rarity posted:

got high, met a hot girl, made out with her for hours and then went round my mate's house to do my first acid trip
sounds pretty sick imo

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

I went to a grass roots music festival yesterday, got high and bumped into so many random people I know who were genuinely happy to see me, met a hot girl and made out with her for hours and then went round my mate's house to do my first acid trip and I discovered I really am no longer just a mess of insecurities but actually a real person and today it's sunny and beautiful. And the new chvrches album is out!

sounds pretty boss

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Kashuno posted:

I just finished playing through SOMA and am now having an existential crisis

It's okay. Your perception of reality is probably already flawed and incomplete. It's best not to think of all the ways that your brain is avoiding uncomfortable facts.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok

I'm guessing your grandma is the good one and your regular ma is the bad one

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

uranus posted:

good

bad
:razorback:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My mom used to be a lot like that Ecco, which is extra funny since she's the one who moved to another state. But things have chilled and she's learned to be a lot less high strung on that stuff. It is actually a really surprising development though and I never would've expected it before it happened.

It's a lot easier to have a good relationship with someone who is not constantly guilting you about your current bad one.