Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does my career let you integrate CAWs as NPCs and/or add other brands like universe mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh you can run in from the crowd now? Finally my CAW of that dildo from Night of Champions will be complete.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I feel like they promised that last year, with the tweets. then only six of them showed up throughout your entire career and you weren't on 9 PPVs a year

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

The hit detection's definitely improved. I like the Mass Effect style promo bits, as long as they have actual repercussions.

If you can't punch an interviewer then it's not Mass Effect style

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Now you too can know what it's like to have Kane and the Big Show do a run in during your match.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 25, 2015

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I was just about to gripe about not being able to be a tag team in career mode, but it turns out you sorta can -- or at least get into tag team feuds.

It would be neat, though, to be a tag team the whole way through.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh you can run in from the crowd now? Finally my CAW of that dildo from Night of Champions will be complete.

Wow that's a rude way to describe Joey Mercury.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shima Honnou posted:

Neat. I was wondering what they would be doing for the period not-WWF portions of it.

Given what has been done in the past, the only thing I was wondering was how awful Cole & JBL would be calling an ECW match from 1995

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Phenix Rising posted:

I was just about to gripe about not being able to be a tag team in career mode, but it turns out you sorta can -- or at least get into tag team feuds.

It would be neat, though, to be a tag team the whole way through.

Yeah, but in a WWE My Career, that would last a whole, what, 3 months? Then the game would break you up and one of you would be let go.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

epitasis posted:

does my career let you integrate CAWs as NPCs and/or add other brands like universe mode

in the PS4 and PC versions, probably Xbone too, if you had friends who had the game and had MyCareer CAWs they'd pop up in that mode during the NXT part. Probably more too, but I never saw the rest of the one stream of it by newLegacy

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if they got Tony Schiavone for Austin's WCW matches

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

EugeneJ posted:

I wonder if they got Tony Schiavone for Austin's WCW matches

This is the greatest video game in the history of entertainment!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Out of curiosity, for anyone who has the next gen 2k15. Is there still a two firework display limit in create an entrance? One of the few fun things about Raw 2 on the original X-Box was slowing the game down to a crawl with pyro during entrances.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

remusclaw posted:

Out of curiosity, for anyone who has the next gen 2k15. Is there still a two firework display limit in create an entrance? One of the few fun things about Raw 2 on the original X-Box was slowing the game down to a crawl with pyro during entrances.

Yes.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I started a current day WWE scenario in TEW.

The AI just booked Brian Kendrick over John Cena at NXT Takeover

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I started a current day WWE scenario in TEW.

The AI just booked Brian Kendrick over John Cena at NXT Takeover

lol the way the AI handles loanees is awesome

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Definitely doesn't beat Daniel Bryan falling victim to the HYPE

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I think WWE 2k16 is going to be fairly cool and I'll be looking forward to picking it + all its DLC up for cheap in spring even if the lack of Hogan and four horsewomen is disappointing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

You'll have all the Hogan CAWs you can stomach in all his many guises. That is assuming 2K doesn't diligently delete them off the servers.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Yeah but he won't be bodyscanned all beef jerky-like. Probably won't have the awesome shirt-ripping intro either.

On a similar note all the Kurt Angle CAWs for 2k15 are loving awful. Literally all of them are just the default face bald guy. Some don't even bother to fix his skin tone.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Hogan CAW are always far more honest about his hairline than the official model, so its a wash.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Like whatever in universe mode you skip most of the intros anyway but that shirt tear was the one thing I'd always wait for.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lady Naga posted:

Like whatever in universe mode you skip most of the intros anyway but that shirt tear was the one thing I'd always wait for.

He didn't have it in 2K14; I take it they rectified that in 2K15?

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Davros1 posted:

He didn't have it in 2K14; I take it they rectified that in 2K15?

For some reason 80's Hogan didnt.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MisterGBH posted:

For some reason 80's Hogan didnt.

I don't know if you're talking about 14, but 15 definitely had the shirt rip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAJiDLnwVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVZm2hKtwSQ

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Shirt ripping was next gen only. Most of the people that made caws probably didn't move over to next gen because a lot of it was lacking big time.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

KungFu Grip posted:

Shirt ripping was next gen only. Most of the people that made caws probably didn't move over to next gen because a lot of it was lacking big time.

There's been some good ones. The Matt Hardy I have looks like Matt Hardy, and there's...this

but nobody seems to have put any effort into a decent Kurt Angle.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daisy, Daisy
Give me your answer true

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Career mode looks good and right finally. I can't wait to languish for 6 years on the midcard and have Bushwacker Luke induct me into the Hall of Fame.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

super macho dude posted:

Career mode looks good and right finally. I can't wait to languish for 6 years on the midcard and have Bushwacker Luke induct me into the Hall of Fame.

I'm looking forward to lingering for 20 minutes trying to decide which of the 4 awful pre-scripted lines to give Renee in reply to her asking what my reaction is to being ambushed by Heath Slater and Fandango.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gaz-L posted:

I'm looking forward to lingering for 20 minutes trying to decide which of the 4 awful pre-scripted lines to give Renee in reply to her asking what my reaction is to being ambushed by Heath Slater and Fandango.

Well, if maniacal laughter isn't an option...

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

The recorded lines for NBA 2K15 career mode are so bad, they're hilarious. At least the WWE guys are used to cutting promos and such, so they shouldn't sound so awkward.

I mean they'll still be bad of course.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They're going to sound terrible

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
You know, the animations leave something to be desired, but I really like how the developers of this made it so you can hit your finisher from multiple places. Would really add something to the 2K series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbwKx9JzUvk

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
If there's one thing that sports games have taught me it's that license exclusivities are loving poison. Unless you're one of the big two (Fire Pro or 2k WWE) your game isn't going to sell at all because you're not allowed to actually use recognizable wrestlers or promotions, so the closest you can get to any variety is low-effort pap like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AIH28G2YRo

EA having exclusive rights to NFL and 2k being the only developer allowed to make NBA games also completely killed the arcadey sports game genre and it's a loving crime.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

doesnt EA have the nba license they just gave up on live after cancelling it like three years in a row because they kept being literally unable to make the game work

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

epitasis posted:

doesnt EA have the nba license they just gave up on live after cancelling it like three years in a row because they kept being literally unable to make the game work

All I know is that it's been five years since an NBA Jam title and I'm sure that's the reason.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lady Naga posted:

All I know is that it's been five years since an NBA Jam title and I'm sure that's the reason.

The last NBA Jam game sold for poo poo and wasn't very good so they didn't make another one, there's no license exclusivity thing. They should be spending their time on another NBA Street anyway.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I just found out that entrances in 2K16 actually happen without delay so when one wrestler is in the ring it doesn't immediately fade out, go to a loading screen, and then load the next entrance animation. It's all seamless. And that's pretty awesome. Come on PC release...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Skunkrocker posted:

I just found out that entrances in 2K16 actually happen without delay so when one wrestler is in the ring it doesn't immediately fade out, go to a loading screen, and then load the next entrance animation. It's all seamless. And that's pretty awesome. Come on PC release...

It's amazing it's taken them this long to do this.