Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Tired Moritz posted:

who doesn't want akihiko to touch them with dick fists

Me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tired Moritz posted:

who doesn't want akihiko to touch them with dick fists

normies

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Jesus that thing just keeps going.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Ah I love this thread for all of the wrong reasons. Shine on you crazy bastards.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Excels fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 27, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Alder posted:

So who preordered DAN?

There isn't even a preorder for the disco edition in Europe yet. :(

I don't know who draws those FeMC/Aki comics but I've seen one or two of them before and they're cute.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Chie sucks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I go to a con for a few days and you guys manage to gently caress up the thread even more than normal, how

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
gonna go ahead and blame that lovely ad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The ad did not sit you down and go, "Okay... I understand that you're in a bit of a dry spell. However, your numbers are down and we need you to shitpost more to meet the quota, hell even exceed it."

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
hey don't look at me, i haven't posted here since telling you to play chrono trigger.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still need to do that, but I also have this lovely rhythm game coming in and I need to play that too before I can do anything else, unfortunately.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Baal posted:

I still need to do that, but I also have this lovely rhythm game coming in and I need to play that too before I can do anything else, unfortunately.

No you don't. Send it back. Chrono Trigger priority.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
p4dan made me realize I wouldnt dance to p4 music

p3 on the other hand

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I give Persona 3 a lot of guff but its music is pretty solid especially compared to 4

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I give Persona 3 a lot of guff but its music is pretty solid especially compared to 4

The music in 4 is loving amazing, though. As good as P3's is, P4's is definitely better.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The music in 4 is loving amazing, though. As good as P3's is, P4's is definitely better.

Maybe this will help explain:

Although I'm positive towards 4's music overall the dungeon themes are, I feel, average at best, and I think Heaven is the game's worst track. I think the music's aesthetics broadly work and there are a few tracks I'll gladly queue up and listen to for 10+ minutes but I think 3's music is stronger.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I think Heaven is the game's worst track.

Yikes

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I Reach out to the Truth that Mass Destruction is a better track.
Oh and Wiping All Out too.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

I know

Trust me, I know

But it really is my least favorite track in that game. Maybe the series. Can't stand it. Can't stand listening to the intro over and over in the dungeon. And the next section isn't worth the wait.

it's never worth the wait

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
reach out to the truth is the most annoying poo poo ever

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
P3 music is better

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm sorry for ever calling any opinion bad that wasn't that one

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like P4's music hits higher highs with poo poo like Heaven, Secret Base, Fog, Almighty, and a lot of the boss themes that aren't Genesis basically.

But it also has significantly more annoying tracks and the marathon of boring loving music that is Genesis.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Baal posted:

Nocturne music is better

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't loving quote my post, make your own lovely posts

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
i like how P4G introduced a way better battle theme and then made Reach Out To The Truth play when you got pre-emptives anyways (which are piss easy to get)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
While I think Persona 3's soundtrack has a better average than 4's in that there's no real weak tracks (and it's helped along by the fact I prefer the style), 4 has more and better standouts.They're both good, though.

And Secret Base is the best of 4's dungeon themes, for the best dungeon, for the best character. I don't even know how this is being contested.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Baal posted:

Don't loving quote my post, make your own lovely posts

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
P4 battle theme>p3 battle theme, backside of the tv best track of p4, final boss theme from p3 best song in the series

Fight me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
a corner of memory is the best song and it's the one that's most like p3's music.
the more I think of p4, the more I think it has flaws.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
P3's music really nails the atmosphere much better. Tartatus' theme is appropriately creepy and the way the music changes and builds as you ascend is a nice touch. The music for school matches the whole "I'm a teen in the city and I have all this free time to do everything" theme. The dorm music is chill and mellow, etc. Everything connects to what you're doing in a way that really clicks.

P4's music might be better on its own, but it doesn't give me visceral flashbacks to the game how P3's does. It's not used as well.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i never felt like
ba doo doo doo doo

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

the more I think of p4, the more I think it has flaws.

The only thing that really gets to me (as opposed to things I shrug off like the perpetually low difficulty or my preferences about how the story is told given the calendar structure) is how the links aren't well integrated with the rest of the game. It's never not annoying to me that the link version of characters seem to exist in a parallel universe compared to the main story characters. I get how difficult and intricate implementing a stronger correlation would be but given how the game is largely about the characters and their interactions it still hits me pretty weird.

Mostly that concerns party member links though. Secondary character links tend to be my favorites in 3 and 4 anyway.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Luna Was Here posted:

P4 battle theme>p3 battle theme, backside of the tv best track of p4, final boss theme from p3 best song in the series

Fight me

Mass Destruction is way cooler than Reach Out to the Truth. And liking Backside of the TV over I'll Face Myself is insane.

Agreed about P3 final boss theme tho (both versions, Battle for Everyone's Souls and Burn My Dread Last Battle).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Did you know there was a live-action series of Devil Summoner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fTIJM1Oimw

Apparently it was terrible, but I don't care, I still want to watch it. Hopefully it'll be as amazingly bad as Baywatch Nights.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Mist is freakin epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Did you know there was a live-action series of Devil Summoner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fTIJM1Oimw

Apparently it was terrible, but I don't care, I still want to watch it. Hopefully it'll be as amazingly bad as Baywatch Nights.

It was pretty bad in terms of CGI and acting, but I found it charming. It somewhat follows the game's basic plot, but adds in a lot of different stuff. If you've got a NicoNico account, you can watch the entire series.