Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

did goku really have to figure out how to punch beerus without destroying the universe this week?

Yep. Get ready for the Internet to explode with an all new round of power level/who beats who debates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I went to the TeamFourStar panel at AWA and I like Cell a whole lot more as a character when he's running for president or playing the straight man to other crazy people as some of Takahata's jokes would have you believe. Also KaiserNeko talked about how hosed he was coming out of high school and over the last almost decade met some of the most amazing people he's ever met and made really close friends and appreciated the huge fanbase he has and I legitimately thought he was about to cry, it was pretty touching.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...You know, much as I liked the god transformation sequence, this episode just got... weird, about their abilities and the implications thereof. The film treated them as just being even incredibly more powerful (and skilled) than was already established for DBZ. The manga treated has treated it pretty much the same.

But now the show is saying that if they aren't clearly focused on matching each other blow for blow, then god level fighters can accidentally destroy the entire universe in just a couple blows with their fists? And what the heck was the dragon aura thing all about? Because they look like they got even more powerful after doing it, so... god ki automatically turns into dragons when you power up?

Also please don't let next episode's title mean they're gonna give him super saiyan god super saiyan already.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
bring back kaioken

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Astro Nut posted:

... And what the heck was the dragon aura thing all about?

They loved Yu Yu Hakusho a bit too much.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Today I am going to run a live playtest, with real people around a real table, of Dragon Ball Parallels. I will endeavour to report back on what a chaotic mess it will be.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
can't wait to hear all about it!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beerus and Goku have the same kind of stand.

That's the point of the dragons.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The dragon thing was weird and kind of dumb looking, but having to actually control your powers so you don't 'ruin everything else seems pretty in line with the kind of stuff a god would be able to do. Makes that line about Goku the Destroyer seem more plausible then before.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I say the dragons were just Beerus and Goku showing off, "Hey, look what I can do with my ki! Now I'm gonna make it dance!"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pyroi posted:

I say the dragons were just Beerus and Goku showing off, "Hey, look what I can do with my ki! Now I'm gonna make it dance!"

like making your pecs dance.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

...You know, much as I liked the god transformation sequence, this episode just got... weird, about their abilities and the implications thereof. The film treated them as just being even incredibly more powerful (and skilled) than was already established for DBZ. The manga treated has treated it pretty much the same.

But now the show is saying that if they aren't clearly focused on matching each other blow for blow, then god level fighters can accidentally destroy the entire universe in just a couple blows with their fists? And what the heck was the dragon aura thing all about? Because they look like they got even more powerful after doing it, so... god ki automatically turns into dragons when you power up?

Also please don't let next episode's title mean they're gonna give him super saiyan god super saiyan already.

To be fair goku did go super saiyan god super saiyan at the end of battle of gods. You just didn't get a good look at it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Momomo posted:

Makes that line about Goku the Destroyer seem more plausible then before.

We saw that shockwave turn a planet to actual dust and he's 50% responsible for that. It if can disintegrate one planet, who's to say he didn't just melt like 50 planets while trying to save Earth?

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
This episode was made just to give all the "Goku can beat X comic character" fanboys an orgasm

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

superman is a worse father than goku

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Stairmaster posted:

superman is a worse father than goku

Considering Superboy isn't actually his son and he has no kids, it's apples to oranges.

Fuego Fish posted:

Today I am going to run a live playtest, with real people around a real table, of Dragon Ball Parallels. I will endeavour to report back on what a chaotic mess it will be.

It'll probably be fine.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goku's an alright father

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

Considering Superboy isn't actually his son and he has no kids, it's apples to oranges.

It'll probably be fine.

Superman has kids both with lois lane and wonder woman tho?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
rip Chris, killed by reboot

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i liked the scene with the grand kai's parting gift to little kaioshin

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Covok posted:

It'll probably be fine.

It did not happen due to scheduling conflicts, which is annoying. But oh well, I think I gotta revise the game a bit anyway. Plus I forgot to print out any character sheets for the Earthling.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Season 2 of Kai was released in the UK today, though Amazon sent my copy yesterday, highlights were Krillin blowing up, Captain Ginyu being himself and Freiza's new voice being way better than the previous one.

The things I did not like was Jeice's new accent, as an actual British person I don't know what accent he was trying to pull but it was bad, real bad, and some of the filler with Bulma running around in random directions was kept in but mercifully the bulk of it was cut out, I'm also not sure what to make of the random Japanese songs that pop up with subtitles every so often, I can tell its trying to be dramatic but it comes off as just being lame.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jeice is australian

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Was that a case of trying to convey a particular dialect or did they just feel like giving him an accent?

Also what else can/should I do to better this thread? Outside of some ground rules I kinda winged it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the giant mr. popo is very offputting tbh

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I can remove popo

E; that last fan service page might be a little much. I'd much prefer to add than subtract tho.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 28, 2015

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Aurain posted:

We saw that shockwave turn a planet to actual dust and he's 50% responsible for that. It if can disintegrate one planet, who's to say he didn't just melt like 50 planets while trying to save Earth?

Bye bye, New Namek.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think that the relationship between Gohan and Piccolo in DBZ is really sweet and that Piccolo is a real stand-up guy and good character.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
For me Piccolo is right under Future/Cool Trunks.

He is cool, can regenerate his arms, and gets stronger by sitting and crossing his arms.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DBZ sucks rear end, go watch a good old shounen like YYH or Saint Seiya you loving mutants!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

DBZ sucks rear end, go watch a good old shounen like YYH or Saint Seiya you loving mutants!
rude

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I have a new found appreciation for Future Shorts after watching the Cell saga (Kai) for the first time but he is still nowhere as good as Piccolo Tien or Krillin sorry :(

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Farecoal posted:

I have a new found appreciation for Future Shorts after watching the Cell saga (Kai) for the first time but he is still nowhere as good as Piccolo Tien or Krillin sorry :(

But they don't have swords......

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I've read YYH and seen a handful of Knights of the Zodiac and I liked em both a lot. I like Flame of Recca.

Mogomra posted:

For me Piccolo is right under Future/Cool Trunks.

He is cool, can regenerate his arms, and gets stronger by sitting and crossing his arms.

:hf:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

YYH was pretty good but i stopped watching after Yusuke turned out to be half demon. maybe i'll watch the rest of it some day but it got pretty bad at the end of that arc I think.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
That's exactly where it gets bad, so you picked the right time to stop. Up until then Yu Yu Hakusho is pretty fantastic though.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
you should still finish it

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Momomo posted:

That's exactly where it gets bad, so you picked the right time to stop. Up until then Yu Yu Hakusho is pretty fantastic though.

Nah the rest after that is still pretty good, that part specifically is pretty awful though. It just completely trashes everything Kuwabara had been building up to. I think the the followup where Yusuke doesn't know what to do with all that power and each character trying to find their purpose in life is one of the best arcs in YYH. I mean it does end in a tournament for no reason, but it's a pretty cool tournament and the ending is really sweet so I'd recommend finishing it. Hell the anime does the ending arc much, much better than the manga does in my opinion.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the only real downside of the final arc is that it features next to no Kuwabara because he already got his poo poo together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DBZ is a good old shonen tho and is very narrowly below YYH in quality

e: also those are scrub picks, should have said Ushio & Tora or Kinnikuman

• Locked thread