Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange sky
May 7, 2007

Oh but theres meo go zonline Vodafone play.. He could be using a friend's password for all we know. He could be watching a foreign channel's stream.. There's no way Benfica wins this in this country if they indeed sue them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

orange sky posted:

Oh but theres meo go zonline Vodafone play.. He could be using a friend's password for all we know. He could be watching a foreign channel's stream.. There's no way Benfica wins this in this country if they indeed sue them.

I don't think the point is to win anything, other than maybe Inacio having to put out public statements saying that he did not pirate premium cable tv channel Benfica TV, and have people talk about that for the next days instead of betting on how many more months Vitoria is going to stick around.

Though I will believe Inacio is innocent if it's revealed that his provider is NOS, but then he is still a total chump for paying for loving NOS.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Porto invested their massive windfall very poorly I don't know what they were thinking. The quality of the league has dropped by 10 with all the departures.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Porto - Benfica in 15

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Mitro is gonna bag some goals and I hope someone lays out Maxi

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Maicon's boot was a bit high there

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Fair result, Benfica was better in the first half but did nothing in the second one.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Hello everyone, I recently signed up for this new streaming service called NGSN which stream several leagues around the world, one of the league they show is the Portuguese league and I am currently watching the end of the Vitória Guimarães Sporting Braga game. Anything I should know about other than Benfica,Porto and Sporting wining everything?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Everybody's crazy, the referees suck and Sa Pinto will punch someone before the season is done.

A lot of drama has been going on since Jesus went to Sporting (after training Benfica for 6 years) and Benfica are now trying to bury Sporting by any means possible (newspapers, transfers, what have you).

If you love drama you'll love this. We've got soap operas in our blood.

Also, Bruno de Carvalho won't shut up and I love it 'cause he pisses everyone the gently caress out.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

orange sky posted:

Everybody's crazy, the referees suck and Sa Pinto will punch someone before the season is done.

A lot of drama has been going on since Jesus went to Sporting (after training Benfica for 6 years) and Benfica are now trying to bury Sporting by any means possible (newspapers, transfers, what have you).

If you love drama you'll love this. We've got soap operas in our blood.

Also, Bruno de Carvalho won't shut up and I love it 'cause he pisses everyone the gently caress out.

This sounds kinda awesome.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Hello everyone, I recently signed up for this new streaming service called NGSN which stream several leagues around the world, one of the league they show is the Portuguese league and I am currently watching the end of the Vitória Guimarães Sporting Braga game. Anything I should know about other than Benfica,Porto and Sporting wining everything?

Here's some quotes by Sporting's president, Bruno de Carvalho. He's right about everything.

On the referees: "There are some new rules in football. If the ball hits the hand of an opponent's player, it isn't a penalty for Sporting. It's the new law in football. Just like grabbing a Sporting player inside the area isn't a penalty. It's a hug, a caress, and that's what football is all about. To show the tenderness we have for one another. I urge Sporting players not to show the same tenderness to their opponents because if we hug someone inside the area it's a penalty. Also we have to understand the offside rule is vague when it comes to Sporting. Those who can rule, the others have to obey."

On Marítimo's (a club in the island of Madeira) president: "Prostitution - those who sell themselves for money - is the same, in the country and in the islands."

On Porto's president: "I don't care about what Pinto da Costa says. My father, who I love, is 80 years old. I understand. At a certain point we all start having some difficulties, it's ok."

On Benfica: "There's a simple solution that people haven't realized yet. When we want to start solving Portugal's problems, it's easy: just remove the red from the flag and everything will be fine."

On Portuguese football: "We know our football is bipolar (Porto and Benfica) so it works like the anus where we have the buttocks facing each other and saying: I'm here and I'm better than you. Out of something like the anus, only two things can come out, and it's either a fart or crap. And that's what our football is full of: crap."

e: if you want to know more just read the OP which is pretty outdated but will teach you some history hell i made it so youy know its good and like the last 5 pages of the thread

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 28, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Here's some quotes by Sporting's president, Bruno de Carvalho. He's right about everything.

On the referees: "There are some new rules in football. If the ball hits the hand of an opponent's player, it isn't a penalty for Sporting. It's the new law in football. Just like grabbing a Sporting player inside the area isn't a penalty. It's a hug, a caress, and that's what football is all about. To show the tenderness we have for one another. I urge Sporting players not to show the same tenderness to their opponents because if we hug someone inside the area it's a penalty. Also we have to understand the offside rule is vague when it comes to Sporting. Those who can rule, the others have to obey."

On Marítimo's (a club in the island of Madeira) president: "Prostitution - those who sell themselves for money - is the same, in the country and in the islands."

On Porto's president: "I don't care about what Pinto da Costa says. My father, who I love, is 80 years old. I understand. At a certain point we all start having some difficulties, it's ok."

On Benfica: "There's a simple solution that people haven't realized yet. When we want to start solving Portugal's problems, it's easy: just remove the red from the flag and everything will be fine."

On Portuguese football: "We know our football is bipolar (Porto and Benfica) so it works like the anus where we have the buttocks facing each other and saying: I'm here and I'm better than you. Out of something like the anus, only two things can come out, and it's either a fart or crap. And that's what our football is full of: crap."

This is very good and I like it.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Mean Bean Machine posted:

e: if you want to know more just read the OP which is pretty outdated but will teach you some history hell i made it so youy know its good and like the last 5 pages of the thread

Maritimo's president has since said "Oh, he should know about prostitutes - he knows what he's come out of" (rougly translated, that's what he meant).

Also "He knows a lot about balls - Berlin balls (berliner doughnut).

I love this poo poo.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

This is all fantastic, what's the best source for listening to/reading these quotes? I think my "portuñol" is probably good enough to understand it and laugh and maybe even translate for this thread.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Drogadon posted:

This is all fantastic, what's the best source for listening to/reading these quotes? I think my "portuñol" is probably good enough to understand it and laugh and maybe even translate for this thread.

Well you can also use google translate I guess, Portuguese-Spanish should be pretty good.

Best places are:

https://www.record.xl.pt

https://www.ojogo.pt

https://www.abola.pt

Just search for Bruno de Carvalho and you'll hit gold.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Since we're throwing out quotes we might as well talk about how Manuel Machado is one of the greatest coaches to ever approach a microphone. If you understand Portuguese you'll know that most coaches, including (or maybe specially?) top coaches like Jesus or Mourinho are very, i don't know, plebian in their talk. They have no finesse, only arrogance at best, and that's pervalent in Portuguese coaches.

Not Manuel Machado. Manuel Machado is a fuckin' poet who uses words with more than four syllables and he knows how to use them. Why say "X player is showing good potential and he could reach great heights" when you can say "it seems pertinent to say that we're obseving an entusiast who possesses the necessary tools to perform better tasks"?

Gato Fedorento did a great sketch about Portugal's most underated coach (they aren't funny anymore but ignore them and listen to him).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1chq-qfdE

He's at his best when he's angry though, when he suddenly erupts in tirades against the government, responding "sitting down, sometimes standing up" to a question about how he observed them match, how the referee left him feeling like that time he returned to his car only to find it without wheels, how a referee's performance was so terrible that only a beating cane would improve his skills or, when talking about Jesus "A quarter is a quarter, a cretin is a cretin."

Manuel Cajuda once said that in Portugal "you win a pittance but at least you laugh a lot". And he was right.

Personally, with Benfica losing to Porto and now getting ready to suffer a beating in Madrid i'm not laughing much, although props to Porto (with Casillas of all people) for beating Mourinho's Chelsea.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also our television football discussion are massive meltdown centrals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6fJK0KEiuk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9edmmtPSoU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=206UPpJRW-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXIVD__LJZY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PRIg5sNY1k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0OCEHSOqyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ej21WM6-2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrU3jRItKgM

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

This is all great and I can barely understand it with my intermediate level portuguese, football drama might actually motivate me to go back to classes.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

That first clip was like my childhood growing up in a Portuguese household, two or more people talking at the same time, no one listening.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

DaddyBigBucks posted:

That first clip was like my childhood growing up in a Portuguese household, two or more people talking at the same time, no one listening.

Yeah all football debate shows here are exactly like that. And they all contain someone that represents each of the big 3.

The worst of all is Pedro Guerra, commentator and manager of the Benfica TV channel. He once called an opinion show with a fake name to praise Benfica's president (his employer) and kiss his rear end.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Regarding Pedro Guerra, this is great

https://youtu.be/vTnZFUj4wDg

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

orange sky posted:

Regarding Pedro Guerra, this is great

https://youtu.be/vTnZFUj4wDg

I hate this fat piece of poo poo, it's not even a matter of if but when is this guy going to get savagely beaten up by some swole Sporting ultras and left for dead on the streets of Lisbon, can´t wait.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So this week:

Rui Vitoria beat Atletico Madrid
Lopetegui beat Chelsea
Marco Silva beat Arsenal
Paulo Fonseca beat Groningen
Paulo Sousa beat Belenenses (:smith:)
Jorge Jesus beat 500k euros out of Sporting's finances.

Good week imo

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Holy poo poo, history was made yesterday. Bruno, you have my vote!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Is poo poo really hitting the fan or is this just a dumb website misunderstanding normal everyday poo poo flinging?

quote:

A huge scandal is happening in Portugal thanks in large part to documents published by a website called Football Leaks. It shines a bright light on corruption and exposes Benfica and Sporting Lisbon, among others.

The scandal is relating to a myriad of shady dealings including third party ownership and bribing referees. Although outside influences are trying to correct all of this behaviour, bitter Lisbon rivals Benfica and Sporting are helping any interested football authorities by airing the other’s dirty laundry.

Many of the leaks on the Football Leaks website attract suspicion to Sporting due to their fondness for third party ownership. It is believed that Benfica president Luis Felipe Vieira commissioned these leaks.

In response, Sporting president Bruno de Carvalho told television station TVI that Benfica were offering gifts to referees who are in charge of their games.

UEFA apparently allow clubs to buy referees gifts with a value of €183 or less, but de Carvalho accused Benfica of spending a whopping €250,000 a year on officials, imploring authorities to investigate this.

De Carvalho said that he received a gift box from an anonymous person that would usually be given to referees. It featured Eusebio’s face on it and included invitations to Lisbon’s best restaurants.

The Sporting president should be worrying about his own mess regarding Doyen Sports Investment Limited, a third party ownership company that has helped the club buy players in return for a cut of the profits.

Now Doyen are looking for some of the money they’re apparently owed, around €20m, including a cut of the transfer fee Manchester United paid for Marcos Rojo.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport will reach a verdict on the case in the coming weeks.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/huge-scandal-happening-in-portugal-benfica-and-sporting-accuse-each-other-of-corruption/
http://football-leaks.livejournal.com/

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Yep, it's been an especially crazy week and Benfica buy referees so all's cool

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

honestly it's just another week around here, everything has been crazy in portugal ever since jesus joined sporting

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Man this league is really fun to follow, games are fun and the stuff outside are even more fun. Has it always been like this?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Man this league is really fun to follow, games are fun and the stuff outside are even more fun. Has it always been like this?

Eh not really, it was kinda boring in the 00's when Porto was winning the league almost every year so even tho the controversy was always there the football was predictable, but the resurgence of Benfica around 2007 and Sporting in the last couple of years has made the league a lot more competitive and fun and crazy

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Oh poo poo.

Getting Jesus to go to Sporting was the best thing Bruno could have done.

Benfica is asking for €14M in "damages" (emotional?), one euro for every benfica fan in the world, from Jorge Jesus.
Among the many arguments Benfica say they have, Sporting bought a telestration(sp?) tool right after Jesus joined Sporting. This apparently constitutes piracy and software theft (!!?!).
Goddamn, Luis Filipe Vieira is really sad for losing Jesus. Really, really sad. No biggie, this will just make Jesus spill the beans even more.

One of the sources:
http://www.record.xl.pt/futebol/nacional/1a-liga/benfica/detalhe/aguias-pedem-um-euro-por-cada-adepto-a-jesus-980866.html

Also: this is all an exclusive in a magazine called Sábado, which belongs to the Cofina Group. They have info regarding the whole process and they have the files. I wonder how much Benfica got for that, or in what way it will be paid (only LfV will get paid probably).

This is my choice quote:

"Jesus isn't even a winner. [In 6 years] He won three leagues, five league cups and two supercups. But he didn't go through the Group Stage in the Champion's League in 2012/2013 and 2014/2015. He also lost two Europa League finals and a Cup Final."

10 trophies in 6 years. He isn't even that much of a winner, after all. (Also, for the record, he's the coach with the best record in Benfica)

orange sky fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 15, 2015

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
You have to win trophies to be a winner but he is not a winner.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

A reminder that Jorge Jesus lost two leagues to this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lng96cyEQMo

in a row.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

orange sky posted:

Benfica is asking for €14M in "damages" (emotional?), one euro for every benfica fan in the world, from Jorge Jesus.
Among the many arguments Benfica say they have, Sporting bought a telestration(sp?) tool right after Jesus joined Sporting. This apparently constitutes piracy and software theft (!!?!).
Goddamn, Luis Filipe Vieira is really sad for losing Jesus. Really, really sad. No biggie, this will just make Jesus spill the beans even more.

This is it, we have finally reached peak ridiculousness in this whole Jesus thing

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Marco Ferreira, a referee who retired last year, has done an interview with As where he says Vitor Pereira, the head of the referees, called him and other referees whenever they were in charge of a Benfica match to pressure him into favoring Benfica. Tomorrow there's a Benfica - Sporting btw

e: starts in 10 mins

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 25, 2015

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica 0 - 3 Sporting at HT, thank you Jesus

orange sky
May 7, 2007

rekt

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:negative:

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006

Saw the match in the stadium. Ditto.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
2-1 in the Cup. 3 matches against Benfica this season, 3 wins, getting embarrassing. someone put them out of their misery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.facebook.com/SportingCPApoio/videos/10153467796038122/

this season in 30 seconds

• Locked thread