Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Krogort posted:

Because what this game really need is another Myoko, Aoba, Mogami, Ibuki variant.

Still I wonder how they will handle the planes.

Tone is pretty different. The guns are all forward, although it probably can't fire all straight ahead. There's a bit of sameness to the 10 8" gun cruisers right now, but I'm not sure how that's fixable. The practical differences were things like being top heavy and less seaworthy, which don't really have easy ways to be modeled. I guess they could slow down Myoko, which is probably overpowered.

Really they should probably use the intangible/national traits to differentiate the ships and amplify them going up the tier. Boost the ROF on the high tier US cruisers, boost the firing velocity of the IJN ones, by incremental amounts going up.

Velius fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Sep 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

xthetenth posted:

- account unification (gold, free exp) won't come

fixed that for you

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

They could make something really cool with the Tone if they make her an aviation cruiser instead of a regular cruiser.

I mean I assume she'll just be a regular cruiser, but I can dream.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Looks like mini-patch broke lots of mods that use flash files.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Aesis posted:

Looks like mini-patch broke lots of mods that use flash files.

I kept having to restart the patch, it failed 3-4 times for me.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Astroniomix posted:

I kept having to restart the patch, it failed 3-4 times for me.

Same.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

At least it seems to have broken the Aim Assist mod, so that's nice.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Vorkosigan posted:

At least it seems to have broken the Aim Assist mod, so that's nice.
Probably going to get fixed in couple of days. From quick look at broken flash files some variable calls seem to have changed in 0.5.0.1, which broke whole lot of mods than use flash (minimap, damage count, etc).

e: I think only NA and Asia server got the patch, which probably means things are working fine in EU server.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 27, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The fact that the people managing the NA boards STILL have not managed to get the patch notes up sure inspires confidence in them. So glad I need to go look at the notes from the Asian forum and try to figure out stuff like bills planking translates to. As mentioned previously, planking probably means armor, but what the hell does "bills" mean? Hull?

Not even counting the fact that they couldn't even manage to release the patch without having a huge portion of their player base having to go through a massive headache to successfully get past the massive number of errors it's throwing.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I'm afraid to log in and play a game given how much of a trainwreck them rolling that patch out is proving to be.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Today, I met a player who I believe I may start hunting down in the game. I may just focus solely on sinking him every time I see him. no matter which team he is in. Okay, maybe I won't but holy poo poo did he piss me off. I'm playing in my Ryujo and as is a habit of mine, I go hide near an island close enough to the front lines so that my planes can come back faster after their run.

The guy, named _Dontreadthis or something along the lines, just plows into me with his battleship, literally pushing me outof hiding and into the firing path of a bunch of cruisers. He then starts laughing and say I deserve it. :confused:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

Today, I met a player who I believe I may start hunting down in the game. I may just focus solely on sinking him every time I see him. no matter which team he is in. Okay, maybe I won't but holy poo poo did he piss me off. I'm playing in my Ryujo and as is a habit of mine, I go hide near an island close enough to the front lines so that my planes can come back faster after their run.

The guy, named _Dontreadthis or something along the lines, just plows into me with his battleship, literally pushing me outof hiding and into the firing path of a bunch of cruisers. He then starts laughing and say I deserve it. :confused:

He's right, you did deserve it for playing carriers.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Elmnt80 posted:

He's right, you did deserve it for playing carriers.

You're not speaking japanese today because of carriers. You're welcome. :smug:

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

I love how carriers are the arty of WoWS, right down to people screaming insane hyperbole about them :allears:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I think Arty was way worse... At least carriers, you can do something about them. People complaining about carriers are just playing wrong. I rarely ever get hit by them, and when I do, I'm man enough to admit its my fault.

Artillery was different. Cover and hope were your only options.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Say you dismount upgraded modules before selling a ship you've completed (remount stock hull etc) - you'll get less money for selling it, but will the modules actually be kept and be available for use if you ever rebuy the ship ?? There's no "depot" in WOWS like there was in WOT so it's hard to tell.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

PirateBob posted:

Say you dismount upgraded modules before selling a ship you've completed (remount stock hull etc) - you'll get less money for selling it, but will the modules actually be kept and be available for use if you ever rebuy the ship ?? There's no "depot" in WOWS like there was in WOT so it's hard to tell.

Yes as long as its the same level one. I just sold my Myoko and demounted its modules and added them to the Nagato.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Dalael posted:

I think Arty was way worse... At least carriers, you can do something about them. People complaining about carriers are just playing wrong. I rarely ever get hit by them, and when I do, I'm man enough to admit its my fault.

Artillery was different. Cover and hope were your only options.

Carriers since the update are much more tolerable, partly because there are less of them and secondly when they do appear they are fighting each other more often, I drive DD's almost exclusively and not having some shithead carrier floating his fighters over my head the entire game makes it so much more enjoyable, with imbalanced carrier composition in games it happened so much i stopped playing for a while, but I'm now getting back into it.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

DurosKlav posted:

Yes as long as its the same level one. I just sold my Myoko and demounted its modules and added them to the Nagato.

MODULES, NOT UPGRADES

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Christ dude no need to be an rear end. I made a loving mistake. As well as the fact I feel the terminology on those 2 items are backwards. When I think of upgrade I think of something I use XP for and when I think of a module I think of something extra I add to a ship AKA a thing that lets me turn quicker. Or just name them something different.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 28, 2015

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
The :hitler: tier 6 cruiser has 16.5 km range with almost Cleveland firepower (nine 150 mm guns at 10 rpm). That would be fun with a high level captain for concealment and advanced firing training.
Looks like a floating citadel though.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
carriers are worse. they're not shackled by RNG and they get to run away with near impunity if you ever do catch one at the end of a game

e: torpedoes should be subject to RNG like everybody else. Occasionally a TB should blow up its own CV's deck or a minekaze could spontaneously explode or something.

yaay fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 28, 2015

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Sometimes you just want to strangle pubbies who can't stay in a circle. I sank 5 ships, including both CVs, and did 75K damage...and we get a draw.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
So I'm just now finding out after launch that I can't use my wargaming gold from wot and wowp. This is very disheartening, as I had so much I was hoping to use.

:emo:

Deuterious
Oct 17, 2011

zxqv8 posted:

So I'm just now finding out after launch that I can't use my wargaming gold from wot and wowp. This is very disheartening, as I had so much I was hoping to use.

:emo:

They haven't added that in yet, but they say it's coming.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Deuterious posted:

They haven't added that in yet, but they say it's coming.

I think they said it wouldn't happen in 2015. Gotta wait some more.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Edit: NVM

Dalael fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 28, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Do i get the Colorado or the Nagato first? Currently playing the fuso and new mexico and enjoying both.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

VietCampo posted:

Do i get the Colorado or the Nagato first? Currently playing the fuso and new mexico and enjoying both.

I was told by more than one reliable source that if you can free xp the Colorado, then do it... Hope that helps.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Colorado might be slightly more bearable with the recent buff, but I'd still say skip it.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
So how do you think the Ruski DD's are going to be balanced for having a ton of short range torps? Worse than usual armor? Terrible guns? Literal mutiny?

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

TSBX posted:

So how do you think the Ruski DD's are going to be balanced for having a ton of short range torps? Worse than usual armor? Terrible guns? Literal mutiny?

No.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

IIRC the word is turning circle is their weakness.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

TSBX posted:

The fact that they're short ranged torps? And that their guns are almost assuredly not going to be as good as the US DDs? I mean, the short ranged stuff will likely be strong in low tiers (when pubbies are bad and maps are small), but if they keep sub 8k range torps up past T6, then they're going to have serious problems if they don't have a new niche they can fill.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

TSBX posted:

The stats are public (unfortunately I don't know a source other than reddit link). Turning and rudder shift aren't that good, torpedo range is godawful and concealment is the worst of the destroyers.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

James Garfield posted:

The stats are public (unfortunately I don't know a source other than reddit link). Turning and rudder shift aren't that good, torpedo range is godawful and concealment is the worst of the destroyers.

They seem more like light cruisers that can't get citadeled than a US or IJN DD.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

yaay posted:

carriers are worse. they're not shackled by RNG and they get to run away with near impunity if you ever do catch one at the end of a game

e: torpedoes should be subject to RNG like everybody else. Occasionally a TB should blow up its own CV's deck or a minekaze could spontaneously explode or something.

The only RNG part of carriers is that random hosed up drop due to AA, but neither the CV player not the target can rely on that. If you're unlucky that will gently caress up the spread and make it even worse for the target.

My main issue with carriers is that they're unfun to play against and I don't enjoy playing them while I really enjoyed playing arty in tanks. You should have seen the rage from the pre nerf T92 gold shells.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

wdarkk posted:

They seem more like light cruisers that can't get citadeled than a US or IJN DD.

This, combined with the fact that the mid-late tier ones are the fastest ships in the game by a significant margin, is what I'm especially dubious about. Combined with the fact that destroyers are fairly hard to even get penetrations on, rather than overpens, and you're looking at something that seems poised to be one of the most durable things in the game. Maybe their larger size will cut down on those overpens, but I'm suspicious. And since their gunfire is only fractionally slower than US destroyers, while using larger guns that likely have a decently better fire chance, they can do that gunboat thing really well. Especially considering how HE and fires currently work.

Also, who cares what their detection range is when they can just hide in a smoke cloud for a while raining shells on you, then scoot away far faster than you can catch if you try to actually pursue them.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Just had a great game which I lost, somehow?! I was in my Kawachi and RNG must have been in my favour because before I died I got 7 citadel hits and destroyed 4 Boats pretty much on my own. In the end I did 81k damage the most I have ever gotten. We were up significantly so I left figuring it was a sure win, I was wrong. It was still pretty great because the two St Louis drivers were in a platoon and accused me of hacks when I got massive crits on both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Hoboskins posted:

Just had a great game which I lost, somehow?! I was in my Kawachi and RNG must have been in my favour because before I died I got 7 citadel hits and destroyed 4 Boats pretty much on my own. In the end I did 81k damage the most I have ever gotten. We were up significantly so I left figuring it was a sure win, I was wrong. It was still pretty great because the two St Louis drivers were in a platoon and accused me of hacks when I got massive crits on both of them.

Your team is very capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, check the post battle stats see if it was only you doing damage, i got several games where i'm making more than 1k base experience but the entire team struggles to break 200 :v: