Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Only one chapter so far but Nanatsuya: Shinobu no Housekibako seems interesting. I couldn't really get into 87 Clockers but I'm kind of a gem/mineral nerd so this one is already more appealing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Everything Burrito posted:

Only one chapter so far but Nanatsuya: Shinobu no Housekibako seems interesting. I couldn't really get into 87 Clockers but I'm kind of a gem/mineral nerd so this one is already more appealing to me.

I like this a lot so far! I'm the same in that 87 Clockers didn't grab me, but this one appeals to me more.

On another note, this one's a manhwa but the romance in it is super cute! Gyon-Woo & Jik-Nyu is somewhat based off of the Orihime and Hikoboshi legend, but with extra stuff about heavenly spirits and such. The art is pretty, and I feel there's a good balance of comedy and :kimchi: moments. Gyon-Woo is one of those really stubborn protagonists done in an endearing way.

The series is also somewhat close to being finished I think? It's not incredibly long, so I think the story goes at a good pace.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

how many volumes of High School Debut are there? 13 or 15 i am getting conflicting results

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

14 and 15 are bonus chapters set in college that never got scanlated

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

14 and 15 are bonus chapters set in college that never got scanlated

thank you and :rip:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In today's Tomo-chan, Jun makes an important realization about a certain character's gender.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
New I Can't Be a Princess, featuring Cinderella's fairy godmother brother and a lost shoe.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Tarezax posted:

New I Can't Be a Princess, featuring Cinderella's fairy godmother brother and a lost shoe.

I think I like the guy's short-form comics better, because they don't stretch the same joke out so far.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

In today's Tomo-chan, Jun makes an important realization about a certain character's gender.

You're so close, Jun. Just a little bit further! You can do it!

I'm still expecting it to go typical romance and have Tomo decide she doesn't want to jeopardise their friendship just as Jun realises he loves her, though. :v:

e; welp; Dynasty Scans is no longer hosting After Hours. :(

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Sep 26, 2015

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

e; welp; Dynasty Scans is no longer hosting After Hours. :(

Maybe it means it's getting licensed.

Let me dream.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It was a notice from the Japanese publisher, so nooooooooooooope.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's still on batoto, no idea if that will change. Is it good? I hadn't even heard of it before your post.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems promising so far, has a similar set up to Octave only with (so far) less angst, however given the implications of the latest chapter I'm expecting it to head to angst-ville soon.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

a kitten posted:

It's still on batoto, no idea if that will change. Is it good? I hadn't even heard of it before your post.

It's very good and you should read it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In today's Tomo-chan, we learn why Jun doesn't seem to have very many guy friends.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan chapter three

(It's still super cute.)

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Moonlight that Surrounds me

I just read this in the last days. In fact in "preparation", I went and read PSME for the second time, as I did it enough years ago to be able to enjoy it again with some surprises, and hey, it's one of my favorites shoujos.

I know it was going to have a different style to PSME, just looking at the covers and reading the first chapter. And yeah, it's different, a minor work in comparison. I still enjoyed it more or less and some parts were good, but you know, it can't be compared. It makes you think that as much as fans naturally want to see the previous protagonists as adults and for their adventure to continue, Saki Hiwatari's talents are a bit wasted here, and maybe it would have been better to move on and gives us a totally new story. I mean, she has used 10 years of her life in this fanservice driven work which maybe wasn't needed, the story of the characters was really told already.

It's all more "happy" and girly, with the focus on some cute little children living some silly adventures and being a bit stupid and innocent, as kids are, but very moe and huggable. It starts being mainly episodic, though in the second part it goes heavy on more longer and a bit more dramatic arcs, but in neither the author reaches heights of the original work. There is never true tension or danger in here. It's also much more bawwy, at some point it's rare to read a chapter without some character crying of happiness, so much it starts to feel not very serious, even if each scene is in theory earned.

If she really wanted to work on same story, I think Rin in high school's life, having a girlfriend being so much older than him and with a baby coming would have been potentially hilarious and more original.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 27, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just one chapter translated, but looks to be pretty darn funny.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

A good find!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

This is super good, thank you!

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Missed opportunity right here

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That link... there's a whole site full of nothing but yuri manga? And it's almost half past eleven on a sunday night. Who needs sleep anyway?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poil posted:

That link... there's a whole site full of nothing but yuri manga? And it's almost half past eleven on a sunday night. Who needs sleep anyway?

You will be refreshed, by girls kissing.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Poil posted:

I kinda forgot to put a warning there, but lots of things on that site are DEFINITELY NOT WORKSAFE. Be careful if you go clicking around.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

chumbler posted:

You will be refreshed, by girls kissing.
I kinda need it after finally getting around to watch Mad Max.

Mikl posted:

I kinda forgot to put a warning there, but lots of things on that site are DEFINITELY NOT WORKSAFE. Be careful if you go clicking around.
Well, as long as there are warnings so I don't accidentally stumble into things more explicit than, say, Octave it shouldn't be a problem. Nice avatar/post combo by the way. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 27, 2015

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Mikl posted:

:greencube:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If NSFW stuff is going to be a problem you should maybe try Dynasty's site since they have most of Yuri-ism's stuff and everything is tagged appropriately so you only have yourself to blame if you read something you shouldn't.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

If NSFW stuff is going to be a problem you should maybe try Dynasty's site since they have most of Yuri-ism's stuff and everything is tagged appropriately so you only have yourself to blame if you read something you shouldn't.

I usually do that. This time I was too excited (no double entendre intended) to see there was a new chapter, I brain farted, and posted directly from Yuri-ism's reader :cripes:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol I wouldn't worry, if posting SFW stuff on a site that also has stuff that isn't was a problem we wouldn't be able to post series from anywhere at all.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Mikl posted:

I usually do that. This time I was too excited (no double entendre intended) to see there was a new chapter, I brain farted, and posted directly from Yuri-ism's reader :cripes:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

lol this is great

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

I-it's not like my heart started pounding or anything...!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This might fill the gap left by Mizutama Honey Boy not being updated.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So far I like the first chapter better than Mizutama because there hasn't been one instance of the main character saving the day by pretending to be gay.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Ideally we would have a world where Sengoku and the new girl Kurokawa coexisted in harmony.

I don't think I'd be ready for that.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
A couple of new chapters and omakes of Tsurezure Children went up on Kissmanga and Batoto.

Dicks, probably?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

the best. do we know how often this one is going to get updated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Razzled posted:

the best. do we know how often this one is going to get updated?

According to the scanlator's note chapter one came out in September, so I'd guess we're going to get new chapters once a month.