Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

He was apparantly trying to deal with a spider :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Looks like he dealt with it.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Bajaha posted:

Spiders deserve fire. Just not in a way that would screw yourself or others around you.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Bajaha posted:

Worth it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spiders are useful little wiggly things, leave them alone.

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.

GutBomb posted:

It was a replica, right?
Was it in a museum? They're all replicas.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

When they aren't in your vehicle they tend to keep to themselves and eat all the far more irritating and disgusting bugs so I agree.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
There's a spider in my driver's wing mirror that I let live. If I killed it another one would move in anyway.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

If you own a contemporary Mazda you best make your peace with spiders.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

AirRaid posted:

There's a spider in my driver's wing mirror that I let live. If I killed it another one would move in anyway.

One of my coworkers had this happen. She got in through the passenger side for like two weeks before she got someone in the office to help her get rid of it.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Spiders are cool and chill and you should leave them alone to catch flys and other gross bugs. I had one that lived in my MX5 side mirror for like 3 weeks, it would sense the door being opened and closed and scuttle up behind the glass until I stopped again. :3:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Spiders are fine except when they make stupid little webs in the window and corners of the room that I have to clean up. Outside I leave them alone unless it's a black widow, I hate them and their webs and they get nuked.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

Spiders are fine except when they make stupid little webs in the window and corners of the room that I have to clean up. Outside I leave them alone unless it's a black widow, I hate them and their webs and they get nuked.

Trying to clean around the car in the garage, and finally take bottles to recycle.

Black widow crawled onto my hand out of a bag, and I almost knocked the car off jack stands.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

iwentdoodie posted:

Trying to clean around the car in the garage, and finally take bottles to recycle.

Black widow crawled onto my hand out of a bag, and I almost knocked the car off jack stands.

I was working in my folks shed when I was probably 18 or so, had been in and out of it all day. Was starting to get dark and I walked back into the shed to start putting stuff away, and a loving black widow had made a giant web across the doorway in the couple hours since I had last been in it, and I walked right into it and got a black widow close up as it was on the right lens of my glasses. I'm pretty sure that's the closest I've ever been in my life to a heart attack.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Black widow chat.... Paging 14 Inch to remind us about ALL OF THESE GOD drat SPIDERS.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Best way to kill black widows is with fire. I use long lighters just for this purpose.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

PCOS Bill posted:

Agreed, I catch & release when I find them & like watching garden spiders build webs on my balcony. And so help me if anyone harms a jumping spider, I will lay a thousand tigers apund their head

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

leica posted:

Best way to kill black widows is with fire. I use long lighters just for this purpose.

We use this

Not a joke.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

leica posted:

Upside down computer dusters work too, but with cold

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blugu64 posted:

Gonna have to try this, good idea. A lot safer and won't leave soot marks as well.

At my house I actually have more of a problem with brown widows, although I get blacks as well.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ozz81 posted:

Agreed, I catch & release when I find them & like watching garden spiders build webs on my balcony. And so help me if anyone harms a jumping spider, I will lay a thousand tigers apund their head

People who harm jumping spiders are basically the biggest assholes. They're tiny, harmless, and just genuinely curious little spiders. I love the little guys, I go out of my way to make sure they stay safe if I find them near me :3:

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I don't mind spiders.

My dad has a beater Subaru Outback which he leaves the windows down on basically all the time. One day he dropped his phone or something one day and was looking on the floorboard and found a several foot long snake skin under his seat. Yeah, gently caress that. If a snake slithered out from underneath my seat while driving I would be in a ditch

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8rxJRsINU4

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Typical biker trash, rider is lucky they didn't kiss the front of the car.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

blugu64 posted:

Doubles as awesome AC refills!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

blugu64 posted:

When I worked as a film processor we used to fill alot of our downtime by spraying that stuff into old film canisters and waiting for the cap to randomly blow off.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Beach hobomobiles shouldn't really count but drat:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Can I post the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider?

It's definitely relevant:
- it's a spider
- it's also a dumpster fire on wheels
- bad(ge) engineering

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Phone posted:

Can I post the 2017 Fiat 124 Spider?

It's definitely relevant:
- it's a spider
- it's also a dumpster fire on wheels
- bad(ge) engineering

There's alot of irony to the fact that the company that used to hold a considerable portion of roadster market now has to resort to badge engineering the Miata.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

how do you figure stuffing the 4c engine in a miata to be badge engineering?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

fyodor posted:

how do you figure taking a miata and calling it a fiat be badge engineering?

It's the definition, really. Just because most Plymouth Acclaims had different engines than the Dodge Spirit doesn't mean that it wasn't a badge engineered car.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Geirskogul posted:

It's the definition, really. Just because most Plymouth Acclaims had different engines than the Dodge Spirit doesn't mean that it wasn't a badge engineered car.

lol if you think a 4c-powered miata is anything like what mazda makes.

edit: VVVV :jerkbag:

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 28, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, what about the soul, passion, and intangibles.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The GTI is just a badge-engineered Golf you guys don't believe the hype. The Focus ST is just a badge-engineered Focus SE don't get suckered!

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

fyodor posted:

The GTI is just a badge-engineered Golf you guys don't believe the hype. The Focus ST is just a badge-engineered Focus SE don't get suckered!

I'm not sure you understand what Badge engineering is...

Wikipedia posted:

The term originated with the practice of replacing an automobile's emblems to create an ostensibly new model. Differences may be confined to simply badges and emblems, or may encompass minor styling differences, as with cosmetic differences to headlights, tail lights, and front and rear fascias. More extreme examples involve differing engines and drivetrains.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

fyodor posted:

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Wouldn't the VW Tiguan be a badge engineered Golf?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

yes despite the fine-tuning that would be required when creating an abarth model with the 4c engine, same poo poo!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

MetaJew posted:

Wouldn't the VW Tiguan be a badge engineered Golf?

I've always said the Tiguan is just a lifted Golf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The Seat Leon is a badge engineered Golf, hth
See also everything Mitsubishi with a Dodge badge on it.