Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
original twister is good but i like gang mix because it has beefier drums a bit harsher more potent synths too and the record scratching strewn about really makes it have a more full sound

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Huh, I'm noticing that, apart from Yamada being an adorable goof, the kids in Working!! are way less interesting than the adult characters. Yay for more adults in comedy anime, I guess

Also, if Satou and Yachiyo don't make out by the end of this, I'm going to be pretty mad

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I read all of Bone when I was kid and loved it, I had the complete collection that had it all in one massive book
I remember vividly how super scared I was when they were walking around the ghost circles, it was the most tense I've ever been when reading a comic

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

What's your fav song in the game

big fan of twister, calling, and untitled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5D9IPZKNA

but im a weirdo about the last one

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

heRes the best song off of uhhh.....The World Ends With You Original Soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcDj7eePkY

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

s4 league was a pretty bad game but i played the poo poo out of it just because of the ost

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

someone please make another third person shooter like S4 that isnt free to play trash like gunz 2

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

post stuck

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The entire last page suddenly ceased to exist

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
time for more hexcells infinite til I can fall back asleep

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Allarion posted:

Well, that was a longer session of FFXIV than I was planning on playing, but I'm a bard now. And now to go back to doing the story/grinding for seals since I really want a chocobo.

is it your first character? i've tried to get into bard, but the status buffs just aren't enough for me. plus it seems i'm doomed to remain a healer forever

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember when I first played ff11 about 3 years ago and was like "ooh this'll be fun" and then I played the game and was like "oh this feels terrible" with awkward camera controls and bleh, couldnt even be bothered to get out of whatever starting area I was in. maybe I'll try again if the game ever goes free to play since I've already got all of the expansions up til 3 years ago (idk if they're still making expansions or not).

also found out the hard way that they autorenewed subscriptions lmao welp so that was an extra month I didn't want and that soured me on the game a bit

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember when I first played ff11 about 3 years ago and was like "ooh this'll be fun" and then I played the game and was like "oh this feels terrible" with awkward camera controls and bleh, couldnt even be bothered to get out of whatever starting area I was in. maybe I'll try again if the game ever goes free to play since I've already got all of the expansions up til 3 years ago (idk if they're still making expansions or not).

also found out the hard way that they autorenewed subscriptions lmao welp so that was an extra month I didn't want and that soured me on the game a bit
it was the first modern WoW style mmorpg ever made dude. of course it's gonna be outdated and clunky

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

im not counting everquest

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

it was the first modern WoW style mmorpg ever made dude. of course it's gonna be outdated and clunky

I only picked it up cause I had friends saying it was actually really good and not clunky at all lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The closest I ever got to playing FF11 was installing it, watching a couple of 'how to play' videos then deciding I should do something else instead.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

my friend always talked about how you could play ff11 without using the mouse. i guess that made him feel like a cool guy or something

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

FirstAidKite posted:

I only picked it up cause I had friends saying it was actually really good and not clunky at all lol

ff11 is bad

just straight up bad, it was always bad and the guy who was in charge of it is a masochist

don't play it if you don't like having hotkeys for 52 different armor sets you switch through for each of your skills

also don't play it if you don't like the thought of leveling down + having res sickness for 10 minutes after you die

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
some of my fondest mmo memories are still with Graal Classic or whatever the free server I played on was called, not the f2p thing

that was a lotta fun just going around pking people, getting pk'd by people, exploring, and messing with the game's editor to make new stuff for others to explore and mess around with

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i had a huge pet collection in wow

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
FF14 is nothing like FF11 and is also/therefore good, unlike FF11.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
ffxi had a cool opening cutscenes and even tho the interface was bad i really liked the aesthetic of play online. it felt so polished and futuristic.

my understanding is the game as a whole is much kinder now in terms of player hating but I'll still probably never give it a shot because of all the armor set macros and host of clunky third party tools that are essentially mandatory

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

some people raided, i collected pets and mounts

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MMO=AIDS

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

big fan of twister, calling, and untitled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ5D9IPZKNA

but im a weirdo about the last one

I thought that song was called Emptiness And

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MMO's don't really jive well with my style of playing a game for a couple of hours then moving on to something new.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
other mmos:

city of heroes/villains just messing with the character creator and chillin with my friends tho the gameplay was kinda generic mmo stuff
dfo just beating up everything and aaaaaaa so good I wish this laptop could run it without overheating
maple story was absolute poo poo and I spent far too long playing that game but when I created races and collected bets for them back in beta that was pretty cool
guild wars was fun and I wish I could play it without dying due to my lovely choices in class choice lol

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

FirstAidKite posted:

some of my fondest mmo memories are still with Graal Classic or whatever the free server I played on was called, not the f2p thing

that was a lotta fun just going around pking people, getting pk'd by people, exploring, and messing with the game's editor to make new stuff for others to explore and mess around with

graal owned, i really miss it. because the game was so relatively simple and fun and there wasn't any grinding people spoke to each other a lot more and it was easy to make friends, host impromptu pvp tournies, play with GM shenanigans.

I guess minecraft is essentially its spiritual successor in the most ways but it's not the same.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tarranon posted:

graal owned, i really miss it. because the game was so relatively simple and fun and there wasn't any grinding people spoke to each other a lot more and it was easy to make friends, host impromptu pvp tournies, play with GM shenanigans.

I guess minecraft is essentially its spiritual successor in the most ways but it's not the same.

yeah I wish it was possible to just like make a new graal style of game but I'm not even sure why I had so much fun with graal over any other game, cause like you said there are other games with the same kinda features but graal was just so good and simple

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

a lot of people label it as Emptiness And due to the chorus but on the OST (and in the in-game soundtest) it's just listed as 'untitled'

im assuming it is a metajoke about 'emptiness' or the fact that the singer leaves the 'and' hanging every single time or something

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Seshoho Cian posted:

i think its named different things in different places

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
After beating MGS2 (again) I'm going to take a break from MG and instead play EO4, finally. Supposedly just about any party works, right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

After beating MGS2 (again) I'm going to take a break from MG and instead play EO4, finally. Supposedly just about any party works, right?
you need some sort of healing, but yeah, you can do whatever.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

you need some sort of healing, but yeah, you can do whatever.

four healers

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

being healthy is important

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

theres a tactic you an do in tf2 where two medics with ubersaws can run around hitting people with the saw to gain uber, then one ubers the other to become invincible while the other runs around and hits people with the saw until they have uber, then they switch off one after the other and if you get lucky and do it right you can chain together ubers infinitely, making an unkillable monster.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For some reason I found the demo of Dungeon Travellers 2 more fun than any other dungeon crawler I've tried, I swear it had nothing to do with the boobs either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It would be better without the dumb guy though

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

theres a tactic you an do in tf2 where two medics with ubersaws can run around hitting people with the saw to gain uber, then one ubers the other to become invincible while the other runs around and hits people with the saw until they have uber, then they switch off one after the other and if you get lucky and do it right you can chain together ubers infinitely, making an unkillable monster.

cool tf2 fact from 1994. let me build a time machine and use this knowledge to pwn some noobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

cool tf2 fact from 1994. let me build a time machine and use this knowledge to pwn some noobs

• Locked thread