Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Benne posted:

gently caress you CJA you're dead to me

Don't worry I hear he's going to be a RB2 any week now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

edfasf

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Still being new at this, I could use some trade advice. On of the guys in my league just lost Benny, and I'm hoping I can somehow capitalize on the resulting panic.

This is my team:
QB: C. Palmer, M. Ryan
RB: C. Ivory, G. Bernard, A. Peterson, M. Gordon, F. Gore, C. Spiller
WR: O. Beckham, D. Hopkins, B. Marshall, D. Bryant, C. Johnson, D. Parker
TE: M. Bennett, Z. Ertz

And this is his:
QB: B. Roethlisberger, T. Bridgewater
RB: D. Woodhead, L. McCoy, S. Vereen, J. Forsett, A. Ellington, L. Blount
WR: A. Brown, L. Fitzgerald, D. Moncrief, V. Jackson, T. Hilton, J. Maclin
TE: J. Graham, V. Davis

Are there any obvious trade proposals I should make? I'm leaning towards keeping Ryan because his schedule seems to be slightly better and I'm less worried about his health, but I guess that's neither here nor there.
Thanks in advance!

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 28, 2015

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Somebody dropped Ryan Mathews in my league. I made a claim to get him. Started trade talks that would leave me without a DB, so I canceled the claim so I could pick up a DB. Trade fell through. Saw someone pick up "R. Mathews". So, I didn't bother.

They loving picked up Rishard Mathews. Ryan is still a free agent but now he's on waivers and I won't be able to get him :(

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly

Franks Happy Place posted:

Anderson is officially hot trash. Time to see what I can get for him.

I'm a fan of yours but from this point on I'm doing the complete opposite of you re: Denver running game.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Was a good week to leave on the bench across various leagues: CJ2k, Freeman, Blount and Karlos Williams on the bench.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm expecting to lose tonight. Down by 23 with only Kelce left to run. Don't see it happening

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm 3-0 now because of miraculous performances by k. allen, fitz, and Olsen. With Roethlisberger out my back up is tannehill. Tyrod Taylor is on the waiver wire, but last time I jumped on the hype train (with Matt Jones) I got burned... luckily it didn't matter this week. Taylor is facing NYG at home, which seems like a good match up, better than Tanny facing the Jets I think. Derek Carr is also on the wire, OAK is in CHI which is another attractive match up as they got torched by ARI for a billion touch downs.

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected
Up 9 with my Maclin vs. Kelce tonight. Gonna be a tight one I think. It's time for that mythical KC WR TD I think

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I left both Blount and Rishard Matthews on my bench. Along with Dunbar, Sims and Hurns. Thats 80 goddamn points

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chris Johnson appears to be getting a lot of work in Arizona now. I'm looking at picking him up in a PPR (1 point per reception) league with otherwise standard scoring I'm looking at Johnson vs. CJ Anderson who has only one game with more than 8 points so far in this format. Granted he faced a rough rushing defense last night but I'm getting worried. Is that a little crazy?

I'm also looking at picking up Lance Dunbar and dropping C.J. Spiller who doesn't seem relevant at this point.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

dat one portagee posted:

I'm 3-0 now because of miraculous performances by k. allen, fitz, and Olsen. With Roethlisberger out my back up is tannehill. Tyrod Taylor is on the waiver wire, but last time I jumped on the hype train (with Matt Jones) I got burned... luckily it didn't matter this week. Taylor is facing NYG at home, which seems like a good match up, better than Tanny facing the Jets I think. Derek Carr is also on the wire, OAK is in CHI which is another attractive match up as they got torched by ARI for a billion touch downs.

snatch up Taylor immediately. Ihave Tannehill as well and thank god I benched him in favour of Dalton this week. Next week will be even worse vs. the Jets.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do not drop CJ Spiller.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

tadashi posted:

Chris Johnson appears to be getting a lot of work in Arizona now. I'm looking at picking him up in a PPR (1 point per reception) league with otherwise standard scoring I'm looking at Johnson vs. CJ Anderson who has only one game with more than 8 points so far in this format. Granted he faced a rough rushing defense last night but I'm getting worried. Is that a little crazy?

I'm also looking at picking up Lance Dunbar and dropping C.J. Spiller who doesn't seem relevant at this point.

you missed the boat on Johnson. Ellington will be back next week and Johnson will slip into obscurity.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Man, my RB situation in my 12-team 1PPR league is getting rough. Here is who I have:

Dion Lewis
Matt Jones
Chris Ivory
Shane Vereen
CJ Anderson
Tre Mason

Ivory is literally the only RB picked Rounds 1 thru 10 who has worked out for me. Got Jones in the 14th and Lewis off waivers.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well thanks for the advice on playing sproles. My opponent has managed 160 points though (with more to come) so my week was a wash. Now that I have a shaky (but manageable) RB setup I have to focus on dealing with Big Ben's absence along with trying to find a better receiver to go with Antonio Brown.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
nm

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Start Lacy or Starks tonight?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

shortspecialbus posted:

Start Lacy or Starks tonight?

What's the score in your matchup right now? Who does your opponent have (if anyone)?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Veritek83 posted:

What's the score in your matchup right now? Who does your opponent have (if anyone)?

137.4 - 112.5

Huge week for both of us. I'm leading. He has Rodgers still. Aaron, not Richard. I have either lacy or starks who I picked up to cover my bets on Thursday.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

After starting 7-1 in my 4 leagues, went 0-4 this week, and lost a close one due to starting Chris Ivory after they announced he was active, gently caress me.

In my main money league, my RB corps is a total mess.

CJA
J Stew
Yeldon
Spiller
Matt Jones
CMike

Am I totally crazy to be thinking of starting Jones and Yeldon from now on? I am possibly willing to give CJA one more shot with some cake matchups coming up, and his flashes of looking good yesterday, but at least Yeldon offers a 5-10 point floor, and Jones showed he can have huge weeks.

On another note, after Randle impressed yesterday, looks like it is time to drop CMike, at least for the time being.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Cervixalot posted:

After starting 7-1 in my 4 leagues, went 0-4 this week, and lost a close one due to starting Chris Ivory after they announced he was active, gently caress me.

In my main money league, my RB corps is a total mess.

CJA
J Stew
Yeldon
Spiller
Matt Jones
CMike

Am I totally crazy to be thinking of starting Jones and Yeldon from now on? I am possibly willing to give CJA one more shot with some cake matchups coming up, and his flashes of looking good yesterday, but at least Yeldon offers a 5-10 point floor, and Jones showed he can have huge weeks.

On another note, after Randle impressed yesterday, looks like it is time to drop CMike, at least for the time being.

I'm a CJA owner too, and I don't think I have a choice. I mean, it's clear there's a timeshare with Hillman, but I figure if Peyton gets back to his normal self, that's going to open up more running lanes and give CJA a better chance at 10-15 yard plays and TD opportunities. He's really just a FLEX play at this point, but I invested a lot in him, and my other RBs aren't that great either.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress you AJ Green

gently caress you Steve Smith SR

gently caress you Andy loving Dalton

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Big Ben owner and the best waiver QB looks like Carr. Not sure how much FAAB money to throw at him, don't think anyone else is desperate for a QB but I don't want to get stuck with Bortles or Chip's wild ride. Currently spending $26/100 on him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Wife added Dalton in our league, gotta have another decent option to platoon with a scrub like Luck. Such a weird year so far.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

dxt posted:

Big Ben owner and the best waiver QB looks like Carr. Not sure how much FAAB money to throw at him, don't think anyone else is desperate for a QB but I don't want to get stuck with Bortles or Chip's wild ride. Currently spending $26/100 on him.

I don't have much experience with FAAB, but this seems like way too much to spend on Carr. How hot of a commodity is he really going to be?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

RVProfootballer posted:

Wife added Dalton in our league, gotta have another decent option to platoon with a scrub like Luck. Such a weird year so far.

Yeah I'm considering using him as my fill in QB for Ben. I have Flacco right now but I'm not sure I want to rely on him.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I've got Palmer for my backup to Big Ben :smug:

Watch Palmer break an arm or something next week.

Also, I'm in the boat with this guy:

shyduck posted:

I'm heading towards two weeks in a row of scoring enough points to beat anybody else in my 12 team league, except my opponent. Wonderful

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Up 4.5 with my Aaron Rodgers v. Jamaal Charles tonight, against beer4thebeergod of all people. Gonna be excite.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Gobias Ind. posted:

I don't have much experience with FAAB, but this seems like way too much to spend on Carr. How hot of a commodity is he really going to be?

I don't think everyone will be rushing to pick him up, but I also don't want to be stuck with the alternatives. Might knock it down to $16?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

A lot of people seem to be doing the Dalton/Luck combo. I'm thinking Luck gets benched for me next week.

Also, thanks Greg Olsen for finally turning your WR1 number of targets into something.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

So is Rishard Mathews the real deal?

My starting 3 WRs last week were Terrence Williams, Doug Baldwin, and Roddy white. I'm in the top waiver priority position.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

dxt posted:

I don't think everyone will be rushing to pick him up, but I also don't want to be stuck with the alternatives. Might knock it down to $16?

That seems more reasonable. I know there's the fear of getting stuck with someone worse, I just can't imagine too many people will be looking for a QB.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

headcase posted:

So is Rishard Mathews the real deal?

My starting 3 WRs last week were Terrence Williams, Doug Baldwin, and Roddy white. I'm in the top waiver priority position.

I picked him up and started him this week as i've been watching a lot of the Dolphins. Neutrally it looks like he's Tannehill's favorite for what it's worth and the guy trusts him because he's really putting some 50/50 balls up there for him on the scramble. That being said, teams will eventually scheme to him if he keeps getting 10 targets. The best answer? Your guess is as good as mine.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

Prophecy120 posted:

So I think I'm running into some bullshit from a league member. He is purposefully starting horrible/injured/suspended players week 1 in order to get the top waiver pick for the first few weeks. Our waivers work where the lowest points the first week get top priority, and you keep that priority until you make a pick. Once you make a pickup you drop to the back of the line. He is starting LeVeon Bell, M. Bryant, Knile Davis, A.Gates and the Bears D (playing Packers) and isn't shy about telling us his strategy, since he claims its legit. This is retarded right?

An update from many weeks ago. The guy who was drafting a bunch of suspended players and who intentionally lost week 1 with the lowest score possible to get a high waiver pick is now sitting at 0-3 after using his #1 waiver pick on Leonard Hankerson and benched him week 2, missing his 16.1 point game. Sweet sweet fantasy justice.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Glad to see that at least I'm not the only one with RB troubles through the first three weeks.

Drafted Forsett -> L. Murray -> T. Coleman -> Sankey -> Knile -> Woodhead as my RB corps. Traded Sankey for A-Rob before week 2 and that's proving to be a pretty important win for me.

I would have felt pretty good about a core of Murray, Coleman, Forsett with Woodhead as a bye week fill-in and Knile as a lottery ticket but then Coleman got hurt and the Ravens' run game has been a disaster.

I'm in a trade-shy league and missed chances to get Dion Lewis and Karlos Williams off waivers in week 1 so I'm not really left with any options at this point other than hoping that Forsett is eventually able to turn his chances into production or that Coleman doesn't get the worse half of an RBBC with Freeman. :sigh:

Someone in my league offered me Alfred Morris for Forsett but Morris seems to be in an even worse spot and might not be fantasy relevant by the end of the season. Forsett is at least still 'the guy' in Baltimore, he just happens to be on a team that can't run the ball for poo poo so far, but his continued workload gives me at least a little bit of optimism for the rest of the season.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
So its time to consign Andre Johnson to the great poo poo heap of history, right?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Gobias Ind. posted:

That seems more reasonable. I know there's the fear of getting stuck with someone worse, I just can't imagine too many people will be looking for a QB.

Sounds good, thanks for the advice. Hopefully Julio and Lacy can keep this team going (almost for sure going to be 3-0 after tonight's game), the rest of the team is pretty bad.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I am leading my roto league by 0.72 points, but feel like I could be stretching that out/not relying on Keenan Allen to have monster games in odd numbered weeks.

I have Golden Tate, Pierre Garcon and Michael Crabtree.

Travis Benjamin and Rishard Matthews are putting up some decent numbers to make them appealing free agent options in my league (PPR).

Drop who for who or am I just shuffling deck chairs?

Other expendables include Flacco and the KC defence, though I'd like to hang on to them so they can play the Bears in a couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Maybe it's been discussed already but I wasn't able to keep up with the thread:

How bad does Big Ben's injury hurt Antonio Brown's fantasy stock? Signed a concerned Antonio Brown owner.

• Locked thread