Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
If Aaron Rosgers doesn't hang 60 on San Francisco he's a fake and a phony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I went through the Panthers schedule and they probably finish 7-9 or 8-8. 10-6 best case scenario

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Ol' Fivehead can throw a deep ball still.

Who knew?

Broncos, bitch!

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
I once farted in a trombone, they called me Beethoven. The end mother fuckers praise Allah

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
To try and do some serious analysis on the Seahawks:

The good:
- Wilson hit Graham a bunch today, including a TD. I think we can put this "he's not throwing to Graham" poo poo to bed.
- Thomas Rawls was great, and if Lynch's injury lingers, I feel we're in capable hands there.
- Regardless if it's Clausen-led, holding an NFL offense to 0 points and 11 straight punts is pretty good.
- Tyler Lockett :swoon:
- Steven Hauschka is still money.

The not so good:
- It's kind of a pittance on a win, but Christ it would be nice to score TDs before the 1st half ends.
- Jimmy Graham shouldn't block. At all. Stop this madness.
- I'm not sure how bad the Lynch injury is. Apparently PC doesn't think it's bad.
- The bears hadn't sacked a quarterback at all this season, and took RW down several times today. Our line is real bad.

Overall, it's hard to judge a team with that play since it was special-ed Bears, but there's plenty to be encouraged by.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

seiferguy posted:

- Regardless if it's Clausen-led, holding an NFL offense to 0 points and 11 straight punts is pretty good.

nope. clausen is bad enough that this isn't true.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alaois posted:

i forgot how much i missed you not posting
i dont know who you are but dont take anything i say seriously i've claimed every qb is gonna leave their team without even looking at the contract situations. i want nfl europe rules where the players had to rotate teams every year

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
What's the best chance to improve the Patriots secondary? I don't want to go back to feeling sick everytime some bullshit QB throws the ball deep. Maybe someone wants to trade us a great CB for a conditional 7th round pick?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

GaussianCopula posted:

What's the best chance to improve the Patriots secondary? I don't want to go back to feeling sick everytime some bullshit QB throws the ball deep. Maybe someone wants to trade us a great CB for a conditional 7th round pick?

You have a pretty much guaranteed run to at least the AFC title game if not the SB due to how loving bad the AFC looks this year....can you not just take that and go with it.

The Pats offense is good enough this year to the point you could probably play with no secondary and still outscore all of your opponents.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

CyberPingu posted:

You have a pretty much guaranteed run to at least the AFC title game if not the SB due to how loving bad the AFC looks this year....can you not just take that and go with it.

The Pats offense is good enough this year to the point you could probably play with no secondary and still outscore all of your opponents.

Maybe after we are 12-0, but the specter of 2007/2011 still haunts.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

GaussianCopula posted:

Yeah...boy it must suck to have 4 SB rings in the last 15 years and a HoF QB still able to obliterate 90% of teams in the league....

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not watching the Super Bowl if it includes the Patriots.

I'm serious this time.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

GaussianCopula posted:

tough life

kind of a bummer that both the eagles and seahawks were able to pull out a win this week, but i guess the silver lining is the eagles won by one possession after getting 3 interceptions and brandon marshall with the worst play ever, and the seahawks legitimately looking like the worse team for a half against matt forte on offense and a bunch of guys you could replace with random madden draftees and no one would notice on defense.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cards bitch :boom:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I wanted the Seahawks to lose but everyone saying "wow the Seahawks sure so suck" after they win 26-0 is sufficient.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I wanted the Seahawks to lose but everyone saying "wow the Seahawks sure so suck" after they win 26-0 is sufficient.

They're really good

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

zimbomonkey posted:

nope. clausen is bad enough that this isn't true.

Yeah. Like because no one cared about Carolina that year people forget how terrible Clausen really is.

Until week 16 in 2010 Clausen had thrown more touchdowns to the opposing defense (2) than he had thrown to Panthers (1).

None of his touchdown passes were to wide receivers. Of his 3 touchdowns that season, one of them was a screen that Jonathan Stewart broke for 55 yards.

Clausen had six times more turnovers than touchdowns in Carolina (9 interceptions and 9 fumbles).

I'm glad it's not a lost season for the Seahawks, but Pickles shouldn't be considered competition.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

waah posted:

Yeah. Like because no one cared about Carolina that year people forget how terrible Clausen really is.

Until week 16 in 2010 Clausen had thrown more touchdowns to the opposing defense (2) than he had thrown to Panthers (1).

None of his touchdown passes were to wide receivers. Of his 3 touchdowns that season, one of them was a screen that Jonathan Stewart broke for 55 yards.

Clausen had six times more turnovers than touchdowns in Carolina (9 interceptions and 9 fumbles).

I'm glad it's not a lost season for the Seahawks, but Pickles shouldn't be considered competition.

Look, Fox and Pickles had a plan in 2010, get the #1 pick in the draft. They are just repeating it now.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

GaussianCopula posted:

Look, Fox and Pickles had a plan in 2010, get the #1 pick in the draft. They are just repeating it now.

It shows. When you have more punts than your QB has completions

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol the Broncos rule :horse:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

What did she do?

I have no specifics, she was just a complete bitch while Grimes was with Atlanta. She'd trash talk coaches, players, etc whenever someone put a mic to her face, which was just about every time she showed her face, in the current media climate.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

GaussianCopula posted:

Would you say we're in danger of... LOST SEASON 3.0? :aaaaa:

Because a replay of 2011 or 2007 would be a real loving heartbreaker. :jerkbag:

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

GaussianCopula posted:

Dude, didn't you get the memo? People here want nothing but sackcloth and ashes from Pats posters man, sackcloth and ashes. Thank you for reminding me why I lurk.

Maybe we neeRAARRRGH gently caress YOU YOUR TEAM NEEDSD NOTHING SHUTUP

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
So apparently watching a snuff film is pretty fun.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I woke up unexpectedly at 5:30am and all I could think about was how bad the miami dolphins are hahahhaa

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Denver's D is real good and Kubiak is starting to make an invaluable contribution by thriving in his new role as glorified clipboard holder and shutting the gently caress up

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Aaargh.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@TesslerSports: The Miami Dolphins are signing Mike Liedtke (OL, Illinois State) to their practice squad today. Recently worked out for the Saints and Jets.

haha

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Robinson deserves better then Blake Bortles.

Ehud posted:

I woke up unexpectedly at 5:30am and all I could think about was how bad the miami dolphins are hahahhaa

same

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ehud posted:

Please don't quote Gabriel Garcia Marquez books ITT.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
I will die before the Lions appear in a Super Bowl.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Our offense actually targeted the TE we traded a first for!

Now someone please post a gif of him trying to block McPhee, leading to the easiest sack ever.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Chichevache posted:

Our offense actually targeted the TE we traded a first for!

Now someone please post a gif of him trying to block McPhee, leading to the easiest sack ever.

Turns out he more or less is a WR after all

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Please don't quote Gabriel Garcia Marquez books ITT.

It was inevitable, the scent of dog poo poo always reminded him of the fate of the AFC East

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I somehow managed to watch a whole day of football without seeing that disastrous Brandon Marshall pitch. Holy poo poo, both at the play and me managing to miss it until now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Grittybeard posted:

I somehow managed to watch a whole day of football without seeing that disastrous Brandon Marshall pitch. Holy poo poo, both at the play and me managing to miss it until now.

Worst play in NFL history. He said so himself. The best part is that he's pitching it to a TE who literally can't catch the ball.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Last night was some vintage-rear end Peyton and I'm sick of all you faithless heathens cawing for his demise.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Last night was some vintage-rear end Peyton and I'm sick of all you faithless heathens cawing for his demise.

I love Peyton and will fight to the death that he's the best quarterback ever, but he's done. Even on the long completions, he underthrew them and the receivers had to stop and go up for jump balls that should have been in-stride touchdowns.

You never saw that poo poo five or six years ago(or three years ago for that matter), he would have just connected for an easy 60 yard TD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
His body shuddered and looked like it was going to fall apart on some of those heaves down field.

• Locked thread