Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Both are valid, but I wouldn't trust you to write a Windows batch executable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Phone posted:

corn in the fridge posted:

34 years old and bragging about having sex on the internet smh

September Chat Thread: All the burns are harsh.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Phone posted:

neither would i

much less something like solidworks or delmia

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

BloodBag posted:

It's my birthday! :toot: Wifey came through with Fury Road and a Deutschland cycling jersey. Also, someone's getting laid tonight :gizz:. 34 seems like I'm getting up into the 'respectable' age.

Happy birthday oldie!

(I turned 30 in April and feel the cold embrace of death creeping ever closer.)

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Happy birthday oldie!

(I turned 30 in April and feel the cold embrace of death creeping ever closer.)
Looking down the barrel of 31 here. Less than a month, but it's better than the alternative :unsmith:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

... if you wish to write javascript or C++ :negative:

Python. Python is forever.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

the company i'm interning for rn has dev positions available

... if you wish to write javascript or C++ :negative:

Either would be fine. Put on your big boy pants and join the army of burned-out former C++ developers who can quote chapter and verse of which features are technically undefined by the standard.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

September Chat Thread: All the burns are harsh.

Dads always know just how to say it

"Now act like one"

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Python is my favourite, but it's slow as hell. I have some experience with ObjC and most of my experience is with Java though.

Basically gently caress pointers and gently caress memory janitoring

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

:negative:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Everyone who's familiar with Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog should run a tracert on bad.horse right now. Windows users go for 36 100 hops for extra fun (and to make sure you get the whole joke).

scuz fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 28, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Did you know drywall can be load bearing? I didn't. Apparently the only prerequisite is that you build your house on a garage-depth foundation with no footers in the middle of a swamp.

Groverhaus

Can somebody explain the whole grover house thing to me? Didn't he post in AI? For some reason I remember him having an automatic boxster or something.

I'm assuming he got run out of SA.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

Can somebody explain the whole grover house thing to me? Didn't he post in AI? For some reason I remember him having an automatic boxster or something.

I'm assuming he got run out of SA.

Grover was a mod that a lot of people had problems with. He had a house remodeling thread where there were some construction issues from the work that he did. Most of the issues were minor, at worst. Hivemind swarmed on him and it became a target of constant ridicule. It was bannable to bring it up for a while, but now people are having fun bringing up a dead, fully beaten-to-a-pulp, issue.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

meatpimp posted:

Most of the issues were minor, at worst. Hivemind swarmed on him and it became a target of constant ridicule.

This is true in the same sense as saying someone who has cancer, a cold, gas, and a headache has mostly minor issues.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wasn't he a lovely poster here as well? For some reason I remember him getting a Boxster and being all smug about it or something.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

Wasn't he a lovely poster here as well? For some reason I remember him getting a Boxster and being all smug about it or something.

Yeah, he had an auto Boxster and would talk about poo poo that he had no idea about. He was a military contractor, but waved his dick around like he was enlisted and was the world's largest F35 apologist.

His house building thread was hilariously awful because he literally got his Professional Engineer license to sign off on his own house. Like if you have a PE, you can sign off on civil projects like bridges, but his was for his electrical engineering background. The inspector failed him a bunch of times, so he got his PE and signed off on his own house. He also got the variety pack of windows at Lowes, so he has like 5 different types of windows on one side of his house.

It's great.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

No, seriously. We're testing a massive website for functionality and Python handles all the manual testing. I'm in love.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
there are few things worse than an F35 apologist

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Goober Peas posted:

This is true in the same sense as saying someone who has cancer, a cold, gas, and a headache has mostly minor issues.

It's like saying meatpimp is a noted contrarian.

:glomp:

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.

14 INCH DICK posted:

Dads always know just how to say it

"Now act like one"

It does a man good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkP5Svl16Qg

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Phone posted:

Yeah, he had an auto Boxster and would talk about poo poo that he had no idea about. He was a military contractor, but waved his dick around like he was enlisted and was the world's largest F35 apologist.

His house building thread was hilariously awful because he literally got his Professional Engineer license to sign off on his own house. Like if you have a PE, you can sign off on civil projects like bridges, but his was for his electrical engineering background. The inspector failed him a bunch of times, so he got his PE and signed off on his own house. He also got the variety pack of windows at Lowes, so he has like 5 different types of windows on one side of his house.

It's great.

:vince:

How did I miss this

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yay now I'm not the only one with a banime av

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQKSPEO6TzY

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I went and dug through a warehouse full of old camera crap on Saturday and now I've got the black lung. Some sort of loving cough down in my lungs.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

I went and dug through a warehouse full of old camera crap on Saturday and now I've got the black lung. Some sort of loving cough down in my lungs.

The other day I was cutting down a giant rotting Yucca in my yard that smelled like death and now I have pink eye. I'd seriously rather have explosive diarrhea, it feels like I have sand in my eye and it's driving me insane.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Tusen Takk posted:

Yay now I'm not the only one with a banime av

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQKSPEO6TzY

If you are referring to me, mine is a treasure. You on the other hand :stonk:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That was amazing.

And goddamn did the passenger look embarrassed as gently caress.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

And goddamn did the passenger look embarrassed as gently caress.

That's the look of someone in a seriously lovely relationship with a dude who has serious anger issues. Poor woman.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

It's like saying meatpimp is a noted contrarian.

:glomp:

Surely you don't know that I'm made of chill.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

neither would i

much less something like solidworks or delmia

fuckin lol that someone actually knows what delmia is

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

fuckin lol that someone actually knows what delmia is

I intern where most of the code for DELMIA is written lol

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Dementia talk in this thread

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Phone posted:

Yeah, he had an auto Boxster and would talk about poo poo that he had no idea about.

The automatic TIPTRONIC Boxster was an upgrade from a V6 fourthgen Firebird. I think it was even an early fourthgen with the utterly garbage 3.4.

There is literally no reason to own a V6 fourthgen unless you are buying it super loving cheap and using the shell and bodywork only.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

scuz posted:

Everyone who's familiar with Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog should run a tracert on bad.horse right now. Windows users go for 36 100 hops for extra fun (and to make sure you get the whole joke).

Just tried it, this is loving fantastic.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hahaha, someone had too much loving time on their hands. Awesome.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

T1g4h posted:

Just tried it, this is loving fantastic.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Hahaha, someone had too much loving time on their hands. Awesome.
It's also hilarious that someone's using and entire block of IP addresses for what could go down in history as the most esoteric and hidden joke of all time. 10/10.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Can someone posts the results for the lazy and/or unaware

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Tusen Takk posted:

Can someone posts the results for the lazy and/or unaware

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Phone posted:

It's great.

A lot of people are giving him poo poo but I did't think his house thread was that bad. Its not the best house, and he did some stupid things but don't we all? and he's still built more of a house than most people can manage.

Also - what is wrong with getting certified to sign off your own poo poo? Sounds like a good idea! I've got 2 mates who have been to night classes in college here to do electrical qualifications so that they can re-wire their own houses.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Doing poo poo wrong is one thing, everyone makes a mistake once in a while but you're supposed to correct them.

Getting a PE cert so you can sign your own poo poo off even though you know it's against code is a retarded idea. Signing your own poo poo off if it's up to code is... whatever I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tomarse posted:

A lot of people are giving him poo poo but I did't think his house thread was that bad. Its not the best house, and he did some stupid things but don't we all? and he's still built more of a house than most people can manage.

Also - what is wrong with getting certified to sign off your own poo poo? Sounds like a good idea! I've got 2 mates who have been to night classes in college here to do electrical qualifications so that they can re-wire their own houses.

The principle of signing off on stuff that isn't in your field is a huge loving red flag. Technically legal; however, he practically can never sell that house due to liability.

An electrical PE can sign off on civil projects such as bridges; however, if anything happens to that bridge, the PE who signed off on it will get sued into the ground and then some.

The world isn't black and white, shades. Of gray, etc, but Grover signing off on his own house is definitely not in that gray area.

• Locked thread