Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

even he's marginal on his own music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

JohnnyC posted:

sorry england but you mostly ruined punk rock

you are literally stupid

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Ras Het posted:

you are literally stupid

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
tell him to quit biting matthew j bentley

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Ras Het posted:

you are literally stupid

i tried to leave a lil wiggle room for the buzzcocks and wire. also the brits kind of had to murder punk with the sex pistols and oi and stuff to make post punk bands happen, most of which were better than a lot of early punk bands anyway

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
please stop

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

keep going I'm almost there

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHL75H_VEM

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
All Your breaks and Your chillwaves have rolled over me.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

this reminds me of the time a dude i worked with was listening to i tunes samples of christian rock and dance music for like 2 hours in a row. just the 15 second samples because he couldnt decide which he should buy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jsoh posted:

this reminds me of the time a dude i worked with was listening to i tunes samples of christian rock and dance music for like 2 hours in a row. just the 15 second samples because he couldnt decide which he should buy

owns

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Ras Het posted:

please stop

im just saying if you had to pick five punk records from 1969-1980 that were the only punk records from that period you could listen to for the rest of your life and you picked five british records you'd have made a mistake with four of them

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

JohnnyC posted:

im just saying if you had to pick five punk records from 1969-1980 that were the only punk records from that period you could listen to for the rest of your life and you picked five british records you'd have made a mistake with four of them

yeah true except that its exactly at 1980-81 that discharge released the records in whose shape like 70% of great punk records released since were made

like if you look at hardcore (and only hardcore, obviously america generally tops the bill in other subgenres) youve got all of the rest of the world following discharge, amebix and chaos u,k while from 85 until today US hardcore has mostly been about reinventing Extreme Skate Shop Music. its incredible. we know a lot of bands skate, but we skate even harder. and we pump iron too

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You guys know Bernie Sanders didn't really say that

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Ras Het posted:

yeah true except that its exactly at 1980-81 that discharge released the records in whose shape like 70% of great punk records released since were made

like if you look at hardcore (and only hardcore, obviously america generally tops the bill in other subgenres) youve got all of the rest of the world following discharge, amebix and chaos u,k while from 85 until today US hardcore has mostly been about reinventing Extreme Skate Shop Music. its incredible. we know a lot of bands skate, but we skate even harder. and we pump iron too

oh hardcore's a completely different story, youll get no argument from me there, all of the records i like from american hardcore bands are the ones they made after they stopped trying to play hardcore

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

You guys know Bernie Sanders didn't really say that

wait really? drat...

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

oi ftw

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Z1_n0S1uo

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
priest beat manifesto

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

same

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMNHD0zI41Y i dont remember if it has been posted

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

free offset right now

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

extremely dope + that's the program they used to make the T2 morphing poo poo

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1o_DYDYr8

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

JohnnyC posted:

sorry england but you mostly ruined punk rock

uhhhh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

JohnnyC posted:

the brits kind of had to murder punk with oi and stuff

is this a fuckingi joke

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

areoyu trying to sit there with a straight face and tell me u dont like oi polloi because if so lets take this to the fuckin scoff thread m8

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

as a finn im obviously pro oi polloi but surely they have, umm, zero oi records

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ras Het posted:

as a finn im obviously pro oi polloi but surely they have, umm, zero oi records

what is happening.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

i guess im wrong now that i think of it. nevermind

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theyre band name has the word oi in it. twice. farking Christ.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Big bOi

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Stux posted:

areoyu trying to sit there with a straight face and tell me u dont like oi polloi because if so lets take this to the fuckin scoff thread m8

i said england specifically not scotland

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Power Ambient posted:

extremely dope + that's the program they used to make the T2 morphing poo poo

you don't say

i'm guessing this also applies to snoop dogg and other animorphs in general?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

http://pitchfork.com/news/61410-steve-albini-e-mail-about-how-much-he-hates-dance-music-turned-into-billboard-advertisement/

steve albini posted:

I am absolutely the wrong audience for this kind of music. I've always detested mechanized dance music, its stupid simplicity, the clubs where it was played, the people who went to those clubs, the drugs they took, the poo poo they liked to talk about, the clothes they wore, the battles they fought amongst each other...

Basically all of it: 100 percent hated every scrap.

The electronic music I liked was radical and different, poo poo like the White Noise, Xenakis, Suicide, Kraftwerk, and the earliest stuff form Cabaret Voltaire, SPK and DAF. When that scene and those people got co-opted by dance/club music I felt like we'd lost a war. I detest club culture as deeply as I detest anything on earth. So I am against what you're into, and an enemy of where you come from but I have no problem with what you're doing...
In other words, you're welcome to do whatever you like with whatever of mine you've gotten your hands on. Don't care. Enjoy yourself.

Steve

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Albini is such a bore, good producer tho.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad

Zombiepop posted:

Albini is such a bore, good producer tho.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

• Locked thread