Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I am happy the Colts pulled their heads out of their asses and won yesterday. Frank Gore rules. And it's no surprise their best drives featured him, Coby Fleener, and Jack Doyle. Fleener isn't much for blocking and can have the dropsies, but he is really good at running routes and getting open. He needs to be featured more.

Andre Johnson on the other hand, looks done. His one good play was negated by a hold, of course. I think they might just want to use him in goal-line situations and play Dorsett more, with Moncrief starting on the other side of Hilton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Cam Newton is the same qb as Roethlisberger except his team doesnt give a gently caress if he destroys his body running with the football

Except for, you know, the accuracy and touch on the ball

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
So Peter King is basically saying that it's a Lost Season (TM) if the Patriots don't go undefeated, at least for Tom Brady.

For my part I'm fine with ring 5, but 19-0 would be pretty sweet, especially in a year where we play the NFC East (aka "Year of Eli")

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

In his career with the Chiefs, he has 4 overall in the regular season.

Still, Alex...drat. Throw a ball.

Twitter fooled me. We still have by far the worst starting QB in the division

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

The Ravens will go 7-9 this season, every loss being by less than a td

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

FizFashizzle posted:

None of the undefeated teams in the NFC have played anyone good.

Of the four, Arizona looks to be the best.

Seattle is pretty decent but I agree that the Cardinals look the best.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

So Peter King is basically saying that it's a Lost Season (TM) if the Patriots don't go undefeated, at least for Tom Brady.

For my part I'm fine with ring 5, but 19-0 would be pretty sweet, especially in a year where we play the NFC East (aka "Year of Eli")

95% agree

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

None of the undefeated teams in the NFC have played anyone good.

Of the four, Arizona looks to be the best.

If Green Bay gets through KC tonight they've probably played the roughest schedule, even if KC and Seattle would only be 1-2. One of those teams will probably end up pretty good at least, which is more than I can say after glancing through the other schedules.

I guess the Falcons might have the next toughest out of the NFC undefeateds? Lucked out on the timing with Dallas for sure though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TubeStank posted:

Seattle is pretty decent but I agree that the Cardinals look the best.

I'm not ready to hop back on that bandwagon simply because they have Kam back after not being near the team for months and they beat the worst team in the nfl.

There seem to be organizational issues there, Marshawn looks to finally be breaking down, and the offensive line isn't magically going to be nfl caliber.

that said I strongly believe they'll beat Carolina in a horrifying 12-8 affair in a couple weeks and the Panthers can continue their slow, pathetic limp to the 6 seed.

Grittybeard posted:

I guess the Falcons might have the next toughest out of the NFC undefeateds? Lucked out on the timing with Dallas for sure though.

They've looked very unconvincing doing it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anthony Barr is really good and he almost made like 12 kids grow up without a father.

https://www.nfl.com/now/10103061-7033-0000-0054-062998f34163 about 2:30 in

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

GaussianCopula posted:

I thought you were Peter King?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Having your #2-3 WRs and your #1RB out is bad but Fitzpatrick still played like poo poo. Devin Smith had his man beaten multiple times and Fitz underthrew the deep ball every time. That's disconcerting.

Defense played well though and Chip was smart to attack the linebackers in coverage. No passes were completed against Revis or Cro in 6 attempts. That Sproles PR was some voodoo poo poo. I still have no idea how he made it through what appears to have been pretty good coverage.

Realistically I would have been happy with 2-2 going into the bye. If the Jets can pull off 3-1 with an out of conference loss and divisional win, then awesome. Hopefully getting Decker and Ivory back will get the offense on a better track.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I know a lot of people are down on Seattle (rightfully so) but I still think with the NFC being as weak as it is they'll compete for a WC. Cards are scary.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Ozu posted:

Having your #2-3 WRs and your #1RB out is bad but Fitzpatrick still played like poo poo. Devin Smith had his man beaten multiple times and Fitz underthrew the deep ball every time. That's disconcerting.

Defense played well though and Chip was smart to attack the linebackers in coverage. No passes were completed against Revis or Cro in 6 attempts. That Sproles PR was some voodoo poo poo. I still have no idea how he made it through what appears to have been pretty good coverage.

Realistically I would have been happy with 2-2 going into the bye. If the Jets can pull off 3-1 with an out of conference loss and divisional win, then awesome. Hopefully getting Decker and Ivory back will get the offense on a better track.

Fitz's accuracy was generally dogshit yesterday, not just on deep balls. He had Smith wide open in the back of the endzone at some point in the 3rd quarter yesterday and he airmailed the ball behind him. That was more concerning to me than his noodle arm.

I'm excited to see Decker back on the field, especially now that Smith is back.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 28, 2015

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ozu posted:

Get used to that. Back when Fitz was with the Bills, he'd miss Marquise Goodwin deep at least once a week. Fitz's deep accuracy is poo poo. Otherwise he's cool and good though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

If they lose this week, it's a bad 1st quarter of the season because they will have lost to 2 bad teams back to back after a good road win. Going in the wrong direction. I'm just VERY tried of bad QB play costing this team games as it has for my entire life as a Jet fan. It's really going to suck if they waste another great defense because they can't pull their heads out of their rear end on O.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The NFC North is dog poo poo.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

WHOOPS posted:

Yup. There's one in the twin cities standing in the way of some redevelopment becuase the lease goes until 2053.

That loving K-Mart

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

If they lose this week, it's a bad 1st quarter of the season because they will have lost to 2 bad teams back to back after a good road win. Going in the wrong direction. I'm just VERY tried of bad QB play costing this team games as it has for my entire life as a Jet fan. It's really going to suck if they waste another great defense because they can't pull their heads out of their rear end on O.
Yes. If they win what looks like a winnable game (Jets currently favored by 1.5) then it's a very good first quarter. This changes week to week to be too worked up over an OOC loss when they're missing 4 starters, including Richardson. Concentrate on the uncoming "road" win and they're back on track.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Codependent Poster posted:

I am happy the Colts pulled their heads out of their asses and won yesterday. Frank Gore rules. And it's no surprise their best drives featured him, Coby Fleener, and Jack Doyle. Fleener isn't much for blocking and can have the dropsies, but he is really good at running routes and getting open. He needs to be featured more.

Andre Johnson on the other hand, looks done. His one good play was negated by a hold, of course. I think they might just want to use him in goal-line situations and play Dorsett more, with Moncrief starting on the other side of Hilton.

The sad thing about Andre Johnson is, instead of giving him a boatload of money to be terrible, they could have paid a lot less to Reggie Wayne for a 1 year deal to be his farewell tour, and he'd be just as effective.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Yes. If they win what looks like a winnable game (Jets currently favored by 1.5) then it's a very good first quarter. This changes week to week to be too worked up over an OOC loss when they're missing 4 starters, including Richardson. Concentrate on the uncoming "road" win and they're back on track.

Richardson playing doesn't win that game though. This was horrific offense losing a game by themselves again as we've seen for the last 30 years. Also Willie Colon, a middling player himself, got hurt and they put in walking pile of crap Brian Winters who then proceeded to get absolutely dominated by a backup DT and giving up pressure that caused 3 tipped passes and a pick. Just ugly football.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 28, 2015

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

Nope you assholes took him you, so you sure as gently caress better get him to 14000

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Put Andre Johnson on kick coverage IMO

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the colts are killing AJ's HOF hopes

or AJ is killing them himself. whatever

At least Steve Smith is doing some fuckin work on his HOF resume this year. at this rate he's on pace to pass andre, cris carter, james lofton, reggie wayne, marvin harrison, and tim brown on the all-time receiving yards list

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 28, 2015

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

Richardson playing doesn't win that game though. This was horrific offense losing a game by themselves again as we've seen for the last 30 years. Also Willie Colon, a middling player himself, got hurt and they put in walking pile of crap Brian Winters who then proceeded to get absolutely dominated by a backup DT and giving up pressure that caused 3 tipped passes and a pick. Just ugly football.

The defense played an excellent game, all things considered. They gave up, all told, 17 points despite the offense turning the ball over 3 times and generally not being able to sustain drives until the end of the game.

I'm going to withhold judgment on the offense until Decker + Ivory are back. Also, I'd much rather see Kerley get regular reps than Quincy Enunwa whenever the receiver corps is healthy again.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Peter King operates under this strange assumption the rest of America cares about the Patriots as much as he does

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm gonna hate the colts so much loving more if they can't get aj less than 400 yards.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

The defense played an excellent game, all things considered. They gave up, all told, 17 points despite the offense turning the ball over 3 times and generally not being able to sustain drives until the end of the game.

I'm going to withhold judgment on the offense until Decker + Ivory are back. Also, I'd much rather see Kerley get regular reps than Quincy Enunwa whenever the receiver corps is healthy again.

The D was fine. Not great, but fine. This was 100% on the offense.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

He's not the only one, ESPN is doing this today too. I mean come on, they're 3-0, this is just headline-generating nonsense. It's also annoying because it just sets up a dumb narrative for if they lose a game or two.

Plus it detracts from Kraft needling the Ravens.

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 28, 2015

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I want to see an 18-0 AFC team and an 18-0 NFC team meet in the Superbowl.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kawalimus posted:

I want to see an 18-0 AFC team and an 18-0 NFC team meet in the Superbowl.

whoever wins, the dolphins lose

i can get behind this

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Can someone post the PFF scores for the Lions starting offensive linemen?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

evilweasel posted:

whoever wins, the dolphins lose

i can get behind this

Amazing too if those two teams were like the Cardinals and the Bengals.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This is gonna be the best season ever :allears:

quote:

Rand GetlinVerified account ‏@Rand_Getlin 20m20 minutes ago
#Bears punter Pat O'Donnell has a knee sprain and is day to day, a source said.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dubious posted:

That loving K-Mart

I'd like to be mad about it but it's the city's own drat fault for giving them a goddamn 80 year lease

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Enunwa has been bad but Kerley doesn't play the same position. Enunwa is the defacto TE/H-back since ours are all broken and terrible; Kerley only plays the slot.

The Owusu injury really doesn't hurt except that you're now giving reps to inexperience in Devin Smith, albeit with a higher upside. Decker injury kills because instead of a tall power forward in the slot creating matchup headaches versus nicklebacks and linebackers, you have a small guy in Kerley. While he's a pretty decent WR, he doesn't have the speed or height to be a matchup problem versus anyone. When Decker comes back Kerley's snaps will likely go way back down.

I also would like Ridley to come back healthy since Zac Stacy doesn't appear to be anything good.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If the Superbowl isn't 18-0 versus 18-0 I am going to be so mad.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

cheesetriangles posted:

If the Superbowl isn't 18-0 versus 18-0 I am going to be so mad.

This and the AFC team is the loving Bengals

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Kawalimus posted:

Amazing too if those two teams were like the Cardinals and the Bengals.
Cards and Bengals play during the regular season so this is impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

pasaluki posted:

This and the AFC team is the loving Bengals

I'm sorry but the Bengals can't play all games at 1pm.

• Locked thread