Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I don't see him not being a WR1 even with a dog-murdering QB, but I don't think he'll remain the highest scoring WR. Maybe not even top 3 for the weeks Ben is out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dez and Hill as my 1st and 2nd round picks (10 and 11) will go down as the biggest mistake I've ever made. Lamar Miller in the 3rd, Alfred Morris (I sold him before the Matt Jones take-over so not so bad) in the 4th, and Ben in the 5th (a reach but I figured he'd be a top 3 QB this year). I'm stuck drowning in poo poo.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dez wasn't a mistake. He was bad luck.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Dez wasn't a mistake. He was bad luck.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

MacheteZombie posted:

Dez and Hill as my 1st and 2nd round picks (10 and 11) will go down as the biggest mistake I've ever made. Lamar Miller in the 3rd, Alfred Morris (I sold him before the Matt Jones take-over so not so bad) in the 4th, and Ben in the 5th (a reach but I figured he'd be a top 3 QB this year). I'm stuck drowning in poo poo.

All of these things were fine and you just have bad luck. If we all knew what was going to happen, we wouldn't play.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

All of these things were fine and you just have bad luck. If we all knew what was going to happen, we wouldn't play.

That's fair, I meant a mistake in the hindsight sense. I didn't love my draft at first, but after some re-assurance from the draft thread I felt better, then these first 3 weeks happened. It's more I'm super down on myself for the incredible amount of bad luck I've hit.

Edit: My team is basically all lottery tickets now, haha.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I have dez and big ben too, thankfully fitz has had a couple of monster games at WR1 for me

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I lost Dez and Romo and sort of Lacy. Speaking of which, still looking for suggestions vis a vis Lacy or Starks tonight. Details in an earlier post. At the moment I'm leaning towards Starks because I think there's more chance of him seeing more touches, especially if Lacy is bothered by the injury early.

shortspecialbus posted:

137.4 - 112.5

Huge week for both of us. I'm leading. He has Rodgers still. Aaron, not Richard. I have either lacy or starks who I picked up to cover my bets on Thursday.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

down by 6.1 with my Charles vs his Cobb. It's only this close because I picked up Derek Carr this week to play instead of Stafford or Bradford. They're both gonna just get fuckin dropped so hard.. other players on this team I hate right now: Jeremy Hill, Jordan Matthews, Golden Tate, Andre Johnson, Lamar Miller.

also gently caress the refs for stealing a TD away from Eifert. I saw that poo poo live at a bar and was flipping out

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Down .05 with Randall Cobb left. This always feels like a recipe for disaster.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

At this point, my only hope is that my opponent can score enough points that my terrible decisions wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dat one portagee posted:

I'm 3-0 now because of miraculous performances by k. allen, fitz, and Olsen. With Roethlisberger out my back up is tannehill. Tyrod Taylor is on the waiver wire, but last time I jumped on the hype train (with Matt Jones) I got burned... luckily it didn't matter this week. Taylor is facing NYG at home, which seems like a good match up, better than Tanny facing the Jets I think. Derek Carr is also on the wire, OAK is in CHI which is another attractive match up as they got torched by ARI for a billion touch downs.

I'm confidently trotting out my two shares of T-Mobile in Week 4. Where I have Tanneyshill and Bradford, I will indeed be looking to pickup TMO or Carr.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 28, 2015

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dxt posted:

Big Ben owner and the best waiver QB looks like Carr. Not sure how much FAAB money to throw at him, don't think anyone else is desperate for a QB but I don't want to get stuck with Bortles or Chip's wild ride. Currently spending $26/100 on him.

I would check all the other teams to see if anyone started a QB that underwhelmed, like Kaepernick or the Romo owner's team. They may be feeling some desperation. It's just good to double-check so you can price accordingly.

ubiquitous rex
Oct 28, 2003

Mullet power!
I'm in a 10 team .25 PPR league with 4 keepers and one of my league mates has soured on Marshawn Lynch. He wants a 1st round pick next year (equivalent to a 5th round pick in full redraft) and a 2nd round pick (6th round equivalent) the year after. Should I mash accept?

My current roster of RBs includes Lamar Miller, Jeremy hill, devonta freeman, ameer Abdullah, and Ryan Matthews, so Beastmode would give me a much needed boost of dependability, but he's also banged up and kinda old. How long is Marshawn worth leaning on?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

My round 1/2 turn of CJA and Forsett coupled with Romo means my season is effectively over in a 14 team league where trading barely happens. At least I'll be able to have fun watching football this season. :unsmith:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

weekly font posted:

My round 1/2 turn of CJA and Forsett coupled with Romo means my season is effectively over in a 14 team league where trading barely happens. At least I'll be able to have fun watching football this season. :unsmith:

How about DFS?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Prophecy120 posted:

An update from many weeks ago. The guy who was drafting a bunch of suspended players and who intentionally lost week 1 with the lowest score possible to get a high waiver pick is now sitting at 0-3 after using his #1 waiver pick on Leonard Hankerson and benched him week 2, missing his 16.1 point game. Sweet sweet fantasy justice.

Awesome. Our league heel posted a thread up in the middle of Week 1 lambasting all off us for "allowing" him to take the best WR (AB), TE (Gronk), in the draft and that we're all sorry drafters and to just hand over the trophy now. He ended up losing that week to Nuke, Ivory, BMarsh, and the Broncos. He's now looking at an unenviable 1-2 start.

Moral of the story and I've said this before; you need to try to win every single game, even the ones where you feel you don't have a chance. You don't throw games, you don't just assume you can absorb bye-week losses or get lax about building depth. Fantasy is a capricious-enough bitch that anyone who has played long enough would know that very few sure-fire bets ever play out that way over an entire season.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Gyshall posted:

How about DFS?

Ya, I think I want to play some FANDUEL or DRAFTKINGS and become a millionaire!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ubiquitous rex posted:

I'm in a 10 team .25 PPR league with 4 keepers and one of my league mates has soured on Marshawn Lynch. He wants a 1st round pick next year (equivalent to a 5th round pick in full redraft) and a 2nd round pick (6th round equivalent) the year after. Should I mash accept?

My current roster of RBs includes Lamar Miller, Jeremy hill, devonta freeman, ameer Abdullah, and Ryan Matthews, so Beastmode would give me a much needed boost of dependability, but he's also banged up and kinda old. How long is Marshawn worth leaning on?

I would make that trade even if my RB stable was strong. That's insane value for the bellcow on a rush-heavy offense that actually moves the ball down the field.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Woops, wrong thread.

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 28, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Can somebody who has actually watched a Browns game tell me what the hell I should think of Travis Benjamin?

He this year's Sanu or this year's Antone Smith?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Forever_Peace posted:

Can somebody who has actually watched a Browns game tell me what the hell I should think of Travis Benjamin?

He this year's Sanu or this year's Antone Smith?

He is quick and fast, and gets the ball from McCown just like he got it from JFF, so all the 'experts' were wrong there. Also returns punts, but fumbled one yesterday late in the 4th that would have given us more time to score, the D held, we got the ball back, drove down the field, he was wide open on the last play of the game for a 30 plus yard TD, but McCown threw off his back foot and Woodson read and jumped the route for the game sealing INT. He is good, and one of the offenses top options, I don't have him, and if I did would only use him for byes and injuries because I just cannot trust a Brown :(

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Crunkjuice posted:

This is my all time high score in fantasy football. Standard yahoo scoring and no ppr. Never gonna see this again.

Wowzer

so I traded away Stafford last week and this week Ben's knee goes kabloey. I got a bunch of offers immediately last night but there's only one serious one. I am still leaning towards just waiving my qb situation for a few weeks.

This is a 12 team standard scoring league with all tds being 6pts.

Ben
Cobb, Tate, A. Johnson
Lacy, Gore,
Witten
Bernard
Brown
Eagles D

Bench: A Foster, Rishard Matthews, Wheaton, Duke Johnson, Baldwin

The original offer I got was giving Lacy for Peyton, Marvin Jones, and Lamar Miller. That's not enough but fair enough so I countered with Peyton, Hilton, and Miller, which is being entertained.

Even if that's more fair, am I correct in thinking that it's really just overpaying for a stop gap even with the Hilton offer? Peyton probably goes back to the bench when Ben is healthy and I have no use for 2 qbs who can both start. QB values aren't that high in our league. I had to trade stafford for Andrew Johnson. I really doubt I'd get much more for Peyton, and while I think Miller is a good buy low guy, I don't think I gain enough points from him and Hilton to offset the loss of Lacy

Thoughts??

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, did I gently caress myself trading Arian Foster for Jeremy Hill?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

89 posted:

So, did I gently caress myself trading Arian Foster for Jeremy Hill?

I would take a healthy Foster over Hill any day since Foster sees more volume and is imo better. And that's before Hill's poo poo rear end start to the season.

That being said, I think at worst Hill conceeds more carries to Bernard, not that he lost his job or anything.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Foster is supposed to return this week right?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

dat one portagee posted:

Foster is supposed to return this week right?

Signs have pointed to a return Week 4, yes, but HOU has a short week and plays on Thursday night for Week 5, so they may decide to hold him out one more week. We should know more by this Friday.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

If Shady sits I'm starting Lewis and Williams and sitting Miller again and Hill goes to the bench. gently caress it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

sitting Miller again and Hill goes to the bench. gently caress it.

I'm going to start mashing just about any offer my league mates send me for either of these dudes. I'm done.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
The Jets Dolphins game next week is in London at 9:30 AM / 6:30 AM PST. Your first of several reminders this week that those players will lock early.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Zypher posted:

The Jets Dolphins game next week is in London at 9:30 AM / 6:30 AM PST. Your first of several reminders this week that those players will lock early.
Basically: get them out of your lineup ASAP if you were dumb enough to put them there in the first place :)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

pangstrom posted:

Basically: get them out of your lineup ASAP if you were dumb enough to put them there in the first place :)

I'm happily playing Marshall as my WR3 in my other league.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
im looking to package my Tannehill (and go with Dalton ROS) and Steve Johnson to a Bridgewater owner. Im ideally looking for a WR in return but would be willing to take any positional upgrade. Here are his notable players, would any make for a good trade?

Dem. Thomas
Tr. Benjamin
Sproles
M.Bryant
M.Evans

Im thinking Evans??

e: I also have waiver priority over him and plan on holding him hostage by picking up Tyrod. Theres no good QBs left on the wire after that.

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013
I haven't been impressed watching Rivers for the past two weeks, thinking I need to grab another QB to have another option. Carr is available on waivers, but I'm thinking the Roethlisberger owner will pay too much of his FAAB to get him, so I'm considering targeting Tyrod Taylor in a trade. The owner has Eli Manning also, and is WR needy. Do you think any of these WRs would be a fair offer that they would likely accept? (This is a 14 team standard scoring league with 6 point passing TDs)

Rishard Matthews
Kendall Wright
Stevie Johnson
Jordan Matthews
Deandre Hopkins (Obviously not giving him up)

Although I know it would be overpaying on paper, my first inclination is to offer Jordan Matthews while he still has some name value, because I think that offense is going nowhere fast. Johnson, Wright, and R Matthews all seem like they've proven that they deserve to be starting over J Matthews anyway. Is this giving up waaay too much for Tyrod Taylor?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Speaking of getting off Chip's Wild Ride, now that I have Russell Wilson as my every week QB and Bradford's upside and trade value is all but gone, I'm thinking of dropping him for some RB depth in full PPR. I have second waiver claim, so I'll absolutely be able to pull one of these guys. Who's the better add, Karlos Williams or Lance Dunbar?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

DeepDickPizza posted:

Speaking of getting off Chip's Wild Ride, now that I have Russell Wilson as my every week QB and Bradford's upside and trade value is all but gone, I'm thinking of dropping him for some RB depth in full PPR. I have second waiver claim, so I'll absolutely be able to pull one of these guys. Who's the better add, Karlos Williams or Lance Dunbar?

Williams is by far the better talent and may actually start splitting carries with McCoy.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Eifert gave me a donut but I still only need 10 points from Charles and Kelce to win.

100% on the Tyrod hype train.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

TommyGun85 posted:

Williams is by far the better talent and may actually start splitting carries with McCoy.

Yeah, but Dunbar is now being used as a big part of the passing game with Weeden behind center. He led the team in targets with ten and brought all of them in for 100 receiving yards. A RB that is getting that sort of use in the passing game has a great floor in PPR.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

In 2 leagues, both opponents have Devonta Freeman and AJ Green :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Would you guys trade away Mark Ingram for Andrew Luck? I have four RB1/RB2s and three slots.

• Locked thread