Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Azhais posted:

I'd like to be mad about it but it's the city's own drat fault for giving them a goddamn 80 year lease

True. In the mean time it is the central hub for food trucks with presumably awesome mexican food.

Content:

The Vikings O line still looks real bad.

Denver is going to be the first team we have played in 2 weeks that isn't going to be missing TEs and with Kubiak at the helm for the moment I can see them going Big 3 TE sets and shoving us around like in SF.

With Denvers D Manning won't even have to noodle arm the ball around to best us.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Cards and Bengals play during the regular season so this is impossible.

I was just using examples. So one year it could be something like the Lions and Browns. I normally would never root for the Browns but I would if this scenario had any likelihood.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I wish I had some argument against the Pats being 18-0 headed into the Super Bowl but it seems pretty drat likely. The Bills might knock them off if they can rush the passer at half the rate they did yesterday and maybe the Steelers in the playoffs (if they are healthy and Scobee stops being bad).

There are a few (3) teams that could give them a run in the Super Bowl though, so there is some hope.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

The Pats are real good but they are no where near a good enough team to go undefeated.

They will go on the road against a good team and lose by less than a TD. Football is weird in the ways that a team can swing back and forth week to week.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Again same thing as people are saying about the Bears going 0-16 it's ridiculous to say stuff like "it's likely they will go 19-0" about any team especially when we're not even a quarter done the season. It's just too easy to drop one over a 16-game season. There's a reason it's happened so rarely in the Superbowl era. Things never happen like they're "supposed to". Even those 2007 Patriots came pretty close to losing a couple times(once to the eventual 5-11 Ravens who were the Dolphins only victory!) and their final loss was nowhere near as much a shocker as people made it out to be. So it's just way too hasty to say stuff like that so soon.

To me it's when you hit double digits without a loss that you can really start discussing a team being potentially undefeated. And vice versa.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

OxySnake posted:

True. In the mean time it is the central hub for food trucks with presumably awesome mexican food.

Content:

The Vikings O line still looks real bad.

Denver is going to be the first team we have played in 2 weeks that isn't going to be missing TEs and with Kubiak at the helm for the moment I can see them going Big 3 TE sets and shoving us around like in SF.

With Denvers D Manning won't even have to noodle arm the ball around to best us.

I'm far more concerned about matching up with Denver's defense than trying to contain Denver's offense. Especially right now when you can tell if the playcall is run/pass based on where Teddy takes the snap. Even yesterday after firmly establishing the run, San Diego wasn't biting on the play action.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Pats have a mediocre oline and a bad secondary unlike 2007, and are reliant on a 38 year old QB and a tight end with a laundry list of injuries to get things done.

They're not going undefeated. Hopefully they'll stay healthy and really good through the regular season and playoffs.

It'd be surprising if the response wasn't so predictable. Hey, remember last year, when Peyton looked great at 38 and was tearing up the league and Brady looked cook behind an awful offensive line but was gritting out wins with a great defense?

Yeah, which one won the SB that year again?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, and BTW: bills good, jets... Jets, dolphins usually split.

Undefeated ain't gonna happen for the pats.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?
I got so mad about the Saints yesterday, got blackout drunk, and I think I sprained my rotator cuff.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Catfish Stevens posted:

I got so mad about the Saints yesterday, got blackout drunk, and I think I sprained my rotator cuff.

Hi Drew

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Catfish Stevens posted:

Drew Brees account found.

Edit: God damnit.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Falcons Bengal

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
It's not really the fact that the Patriots are good this year, it's just that everyone else seems to be down

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I just think the AFC sucks and the Pats have a soft schedule (AFC South, NFC East) more than I think they are some unstoppable Juggernaut.

You all are probably right though, a couple bad bounces in a game is all it takes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

and are reliant on a 38 year old QB and a tight end with a laundry list of injuries to get things done.

lalalalalala i can't hear you

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I don't think undefeated is going to happen but if you look at the schedule it's very hard to find 2 games that are eve a toss up. The only possible loss would be against Denver in Denver, but that's a week 12 game and who knows what Peyton looks like at that point. That plus the fact that it's such a juice storyline will have people talking about it until the Patriots lose their first game.

On the other hand the Patriots are going to get 3 core players back (Wendell, Stork, LaFell).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Core player Brandon lafell

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Dolphins are going to sweep the pats on the road to 4-12

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

FizFashizzle posted:

We truly live in a different time don't we?

Nov 6, 2002

I'm pretty doubtful Brandon LaFell is going to come back and do anything this season. He hasn't caught a ball from Brady in practice or a game since the Super Bowl.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Catfish Stevens posted:

We truly live in a different time don't we?

Or that's a weei lvl post where lafell is going to make them even better instead of being a blocking wr and their fourth option in the passing game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

It's absurd, but counting the playoffs, he went 90 / 1100 / 9 last year.

It's a pretty good life being the 3rd option on a good offense. But yeah, he had surgery like right after the SB and been out since, he's going to be the 4th or 5th option at best this year.

Nov 6, 2002

He'll be good Edelman/Amendola insurance later in the season when one of those guys is hurt for sure.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

He'll probably do better than Amendola that's for sure

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

I don't think undefeated is going to happen but if you look at the schedule it's very hard to find 2 games that are eve a toss up. The only possible loss would be against Denver in Denver
Stop. The Pats almost lost to a 4-12 Jets team twice last season. Historically a 7 point NFL favorite has only a 65% chance of winning the game outright, so even if you can't find a game in their schedule where they'd be a dog, they're probably not lucky enough to win every single 60/40 70/30 matchup they encounter.

Or maybe they are since the last 15 years are predicated on being lucky enough to lottery ball the best QB ever.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

TheBizzness posted:

I wish I had some argument against the Pats being 18-0 headed into the Super Bowl but it seems pretty drat likely. The Bills might knock them off if they can rush the passer at half the rate they did yesterday and maybe the Steelers in the playoffs (if they are healthy and Scobee stops being bad).

There are a few (3) teams that could give them a run in the Super Bowl though, so there is some hope.

I see them hopefully being brought back to earth sometimes between weeks 10-13 where they play Giants, Bills, Broncos and Eagles. One of those teams I think can beat them at least once. I'm hoping for some Eli bullshit magic or Chip Kelly bullshit magic.

The Jets sometimes give them problems too but otherwise they are going to lay waste to the AFC landscape like Ghengis Khan.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm more ready for Stork to come back because he's a better blocker and I never want to see a guy shoot the A-gap at Brady ever again ever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

It's absurd, but counting the playoffs, he went 90 / 1100 / 9 last year.

It's a pretty good life being the 3rd option on a good offense. But yeah, he had surgery like right after the SB and been out since, he's going to be the 4th or 5th option at best this year.

That's almost five catches a a game!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

So he'd be the #1 in carolina right now is what you're saying

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

I also would like Ridley to come back healthy since Zac Stacy doesn't appear to be anything good.

I also don't understand the obsession with a guy like Powell who just isn't an NFL caliber running back and looks like he's running in quicksand no matter how solid a blocker he is.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

The real question would be, could #1 Carolina Receiver Tedd Ginn Jr. put up those numbers with Tom Brady

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

So he'd be the #1 in carolina right now is what you're saying

the panthers have enough wide receivers that can't catch a pass when it matters, thanks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

waah posted:

The real question would be, could #1 Carolina Receiver Tedd Ginn Jr. put up those numbers with Tom Brady

Would DHB with Ben Roethlisberger be a fair comparison?

Because DHB has made some good catches this year, while also making utterly absurd mistakes to prevent many more.

Realistically Ted Ginn Jr would be an Aaron Dobson who gets open way more often, but still drops the same % of passes to him.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 28, 2015

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I believe most everyone is aware of this established fact but Ryan Fitzpatrick is a real poo poo quarterback but I want everyone to know my rear end in a top hat clenches up each time I see he's tossing it more than 10 yards. Every deep play is a bad toss, sometimes into double and triple coverage. Fortunately most of the time he's so inaccurate that it's uncatchable by both the intended and unintended receiver.

The Jets still look like a great team, but god drat, it's tough to watch Jets games with Jets fans, there's a lot of buried anger that comes to the surface

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles kicker Cody Parkey has another leg injury. It's not the groin, it's something else.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

That's some mangenius gameplanning, right there.

Nov 6, 2002

EvanTH posted:

I believe most everyone is aware of this established fact but Ryan Fitzpatrick is a real poo poo quarterback but I want everyone to know my rear end in a top hat clenches up each time I see he's tossing it more than 10 yards. Every deep play is a bad toss, sometimes into double and triple coverage. Fortunately most of the time he's so inaccurate that it's uncatchable by both the intended and unintended receiver.

The Jets still look like a great team, but god drat, it's tough to watch Jets games with Jets fans, there's a lot of buried anger that comes to the surface

Are the Jets really going to go back to Geno though? Guy is a turnover machine.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

EvanTH posted:

Thanks BoB, for creating demand for Fitzs services

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Panthers with Steve Smith would be a 10-/ 10+ win team almost certainly with the way this years shaking out.

Really really glad they let him go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

NC-17 posted:

Are the Jets really going to go back to Geno though? Guy is a turnover machine.

No, nor should they.

• Locked thread