Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Why the gently caress would he be carrying the keys to her chains? That bothered me so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
haha theyre sending the kid back to his home planet

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hope this show keeps evolving its villains like DBZ until Eph's stupid kid is the Master's host body for season 3

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hate Dutch and wish she'd run off with her girlfriend.

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003

Doltos posted:

I hope this show keeps evolving its villains like DBZ until Eph's stupid kid is the Master's host body for season 3

Super appropriate BIG RED AVATAR TEXT. But to everything, not just fake hand egg.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
So, they gonna make the missiles fly next episode? We haven't seen much from the Master's PoV. Be pretty cool to have the nuclear football just make all the poo poo go crazy out of nowhere.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

That hair...

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

haha theyre sending the kid back to his home planet

I got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn if you really think he's going to make it to DC.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bull3964 posted:

I got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn if you really think he's going to make it to DC.

ehhhhh.... looks like a bridge i saw in toronto once...

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I had to skip through at least 1/3 the episode, too much relationship drama in my vampire apocalypse. Two seasons and they are still chasing this book the sides appear to be stalemated. We need to get Capt Pike and the Nathan James in on this; they would have finished the Master in one episode on their way to restock band-aids.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Dutch is really dumb. lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dutch would be far more tolerable without the accent.

Also why the gently caress do they think anybody is interested in character drama and background stories at this point in the vampire saga? If you wanted deep characters, you should have explored them in the first season, as a way to set up themes of the show and viewer expectations. Doubling down on this family drama now, more than halfway through the series, makes no sense, and it breaks narrative structure.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Doltos posted:

Way to spoil the thread.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

steinrokkan posted:

Dutch would be far more tolerable without the accent.

Also why the gently caress do they think anybody is interested in character drama and background stories at this point in the vampire saga? If you wanted deep characters, you should have explored them in the first season, as a way to set up themes of the show and viewer expectations. Doubling down on this family drama now, more than halfway through the series, makes no sense, and it breaks narrative structure.

Yeah, the flashbacks to the idiot doctors having a romance and the divorce thing... what a waste of everyone's time.

The Walking Dead did the same thing with flashbacks just being farts in the mouth to everyone watching.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Tenzarin posted:

Way to spoil the thread.

Does anybody actually care about the characters/narrative at this point? I know I sure don't; I'm basically watching it because I like Eichorst and I hate myself.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Does anybody actually care about the characters/narrative at this point? I know I sure don't; I'm basically watching it because I like Eichorst and I hate myself.

I think all the non stop girl bickering with Dutch and also whiny kid really add to the show.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I give Dutch and Nazi Vampire's backstory a pass because this show almost had a nazi vampire tentacle rape a girl and that is just the dumbest loving thing ever.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I hope MarloCreem joins the crew after the auction goes sideways

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

I hope MarloCreem joins the crew after the auction goes sideways

I hope the auction goes sideways because Quinlan just wakes up in the morning, goes "oh wait, I'm a practically immortal warrior lol" and just goes in and takes the book by force. I know this show isn't always about logical choices, but this still irks me.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

I love everything about this show, especially the stupid poo poo...

Except that I hate that loving kid. I'm ready for the kid to be eaten to serve as additional motivation to rifle the nazi radio salesman.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
This show is the most Toronto I've seen on TV. I guess this is what it was like for people from Vancouver watching The X-Files?

"Hey how are we gonna make Union Station look like NYC?"
"I know! Let's park an NYPD cruiser out front!"
"DONE! It's indistinguishable from NYC now!"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

InfiniteZero posted:

This show is the most Toronto I've seen on TV. I guess this is what it was like for people from Vancouver watching The X-Files?

"Hey how are we gonna make Union Station look like NYC?"
"I know! Let's park an NYPD cruiser out front!"
"DONE! It's indistinguishable from NYC now!"

The show makes me feel good since it's Toronto not being NYC that's getting destroyed in a vampire plague.

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 29, 2015

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Of course it doesn't occur to anyone to just photocopy the Lumen. That would be too logical.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

greententacle posted:

Of course it doesn't occur to anyone to just photocopy the Lumen. That would be too logical.

What if the Lumen contains hidden passages written in special ink that isnt copied or some other obscure way of protecting its knowledge?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

greententacle posted:

Exactly. Even take some drat cellphone pics of it.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

Jim DiGriz posted:

I hope the auction goes sideways because Quinlan just wakes up in the morning, goes "oh wait, I'm a practically immortal warrior lol" and just goes in and takes the book by force. I know this show isn't always about logical choices, but this still irks me.

No poo poo. If Quinlan can daywalk, what's preventing him from doing just that.

Also, I hope the whole thing with acknowledging Marlo having a silver grill was a setup for him to bite a strigoi. With hilarious results.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Blackchamber posted:

What if the Lumen contains hidden passages written in special ink that isnt copied or some other obscure way of protecting its knowledge?

According to a certain unrelated book series, it does

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Also, if you were trying to sell a rare book that's going to fetch over a million dollars would you allow one of the interested parties make photocopies of it and making it (to your knowledge) worthless to one of your bidders?

Edit: and the other bidder is interested in being the sole possessor of the knowledge of that book? Let's undermine the value, yes.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I wouldn't be surprised if Marlo has folks hand over cell phones when they do business with him.

Jim DiGriz posted:

Also yes. Then Eichorst shakes his fist and is all NEXT TIIIIIIIIIIIIME :argh:

Go full camp in this poo poo :haw:

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

Also yes. Then Eichorst shakes his fist and is all NEXT TIIIIIIIIIIIIME :argh:

Go full camp in this poo poo :haw:

Eichorst keeping getting away is pretty ridiculous by now, but on the other hand getting him off the show would remove approximately 150% of its charm. If having completely incompetent protagonists is the price I have to pay for watching that brilliant rear end in a top hat, so be it.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
I think Palmer is split about who to support here. Hope he doesn't fall to pieces when the consequences catch up with him.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Book me a ride on a train in total darkness if vampires are a thing. I missed the first 10 minutes, why the gently caress did they do this?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tenzarin posted:

Book me a ride on a train in total darkness if vampires are a thing. I missed the first 10 minutes, why the gently caress did they do this?

Only legal way out of New York, everything else is quarantined.

Of course this is actually a terrible way to quarantine a city full of vampires but who cares it's The Strain

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
Whoa poo poo are they gonna off Nora? That's quite a departure from the books.

Edit: holy poo poo they did that, they just did that

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

Whispering Machines posted:

Whoa poo poo are they gonna off Nora? That's quite a departure from the books.

Edit: holy poo poo they did that, they just did that

Also Palmer didn't get ripped in half like wet newspaper. I have the bluest of balls. Guess that means Nora/Fett won't be a thing either too. On the otherhand obnoxious romance subplots have all been resolved.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Zaaaaaaaaachhh......

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I'm beginning to lose hope that his canonical plot resolution won't be happening with all these departures.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?

Schizotek posted:

Also Palmer didn't get ripped in half like wet newspaper. I have the bluest of balls. Guess that means Nora/Fett won't be a thing either too. On the otherhand obnoxious romance subplots have all been resolved.

Right? I was NOT expecting that. At this point they'll probably have Palmer become bff's with Eph and his gang.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how did that cholo firing squad not rip through the van while firing straight at it? Protag power to the rescue I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Well I guess that makes sense, even if it departs from the books. I read somewhere that Mia Maestro landed a major role in Scandal this season. Probably tripped over herself jumping from this ship.

• Locked thread