Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
You can definitely drag out of windows while crouching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
Guess this is a sperg question - there's a variation of the "V has come to" song that plays when you ride out towards the whaling ship with Ocelot, does that exist as a separate track somewhere?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

The Grimace posted:

Jesus Christ, I just spent 15-20 minutes trying to do Cloaked in Silence [Extreme] and failed atleast 10 times, never getting her health below 50%. Who the gently caress would find this fun? The regular Quiet fight was fantastic, but this... Jesus Christ, I'll have to look and see if there's any sort of strategy. Can't do more than one supply drop on her, so I can't imagine how it would be possible to get that Optional Task for not beating her without using firearms. What the gently caress. She shoots less than a second after I rear my head.

e: Just read that a lot of the structures she stands on can be broken, causing her to fall down. That's neat, but... now I just need to stay alive long enough to even get between cover to cover.
e2: Also, smoke grenades gently caress up her vision? And if you put tree leaves between the two of you, she won't shoot through them for some reason. Guess it messes with her visibility.

I know this was from 9 days ago, but in case you are having trouble with this still -

There is no score penalty for using a tank on this mission. That's how I S-ranked it. I just drove right to the middle of the map and blasted her about 10 times with 105 mm AP rounds. If you're doing the non-firearm objectives, it's just a big pain in the rear end, but there's no need to get the S-rank and the objectives in the same mission.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Metallic Archaea clouds that instantly corrode metal, such as your helicopter or D-Walker, do not corrode guns or your bionic prosthesis. Why?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Metallic Archaea clouds that instantly corrode metal, such as your helicopter or D-Walker, do not corrode guns or your bionic prosthesis. Why?

The will of Big Boss is too strong

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Next generation composites. That's why you can't just buy guns like a normal person.

The real answer is Armor Skull fights and Sahelanthropus would be really stupid if your gun and hand blew up mid mission.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you fail mission 43 if you don't execute every soldier? Or can you leave the ones not trying to get outside?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

RatHat posted:

Do you fail mission 43 if you don't execute every soldier? Or can you leave the ones not trying to get outside?
I think they tell you on the radio if you make it to the door that they won't unlock the door to let you out unless you "check" everyone.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, Metallic Archaea are extremely specialized. It's not like they all eat all types of metal. So maybe they don't eat whatever steel guns are made out of? It make sense considering that the Skulls use guns. The metallic archaea only east aircraft grade aluminum, pilot faces, and depleted uranium.

I mean yeah it's dumb, but you only need to look at as far as the Skulls use guns, and probably engineere the weapon THEY USE to not eat their other weapons.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So how do the Skulls materialize guns and machetes from thin air again? The armor and cloaking are supposedly caused by the parasites bonded to their skin/suits, but are the guns? Are the guns just made of parasites? Are they parasite bullets?

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Nanomachines, my friend.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Ledenko posted:

Guess this is a sperg question - there's a variation of the "V has come to" song that plays when you ride out towards the whaling ship with Ocelot, does that exist as a separate track somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKbTYpaRMeQ

Look in the description text for song times and titles.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Nakar posted:

So how do the Skulls materialize guns and machetes from thin air again? The armor and cloaking are supposedly caused by the parasites bonded to their skin/suits, but are the guns? Are the guns just made of parasites? Are they parasite bullets?
It might just be something I want to believe, but I read someone somewhere speculating its an advanced form of the wormhole tech you replace fultons with.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

zedprime posted:

It might just be something I want to believe, but I read someone somewhere speculating its an advanced form of the wormhole tech you replace fultons with.

That is what I was thinking.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

A Big... Dog posted:

THIS IS PEQUOD, COMING IN HOT

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

SPACE HOMOS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKbTYpaRMeQ

Look in the description text for song times and titles.

...yes, that's the video where I learned the name of the track is "V has come to".

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I want to do mission 43 again but don't want to lose any soldiers

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Someone said earlier that they redid it and didn't lose any soldiers, but did lose the heroism. I can't personally vouch for if that's true.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My memory is fuzzy of it but I'm pretty sure I didn't lose people again. I don't have access to my PS4 to try again and verify and am not there on PC.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I was bummed this image/costume from the launch trailer didn't make it into the game in any form that I remember:

He goes from BB to Venom to Skullface to this (end of MG2 BB?) as he walks down the quarantine hallway.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:
THIS IS PEQUOD, COMING IN HOT

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I still wonder how the archaea didn't eat through the syringe needle.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Nakar posted:

I did it. It took 30 tries, but I completed A Quiet Exit using a DD Soldier with a useless skill, Olive Drab fatigues, and the GROM that Quiet gives you. With an S. Shame it seems impossible to avoid kills absent some serious tomfoolery, I was almost perfect. :smith:

I got no kills on that mission as an FYI, people blowing up from vehicles don't count.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

I still wonder how the archaea didn't eat through the syringe needle.

It could be made out of any metal the archaea don't eat, or it could be made out of some kind of synthetic polymer.

I still don't understand how/why Ocelot had to demonstrate Metallic Archaea to Huey while torturing him if Huey's legs are "powered" by Metallic Archaea...

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Snak posted:

It could be made out of any metal the archaea don't eat, or it could be made out of some kind of synthetic polymer.

I still don't understand how/why Ocelot had to demonstrate Metallic Archaea to Huey while torturing him if Huey's legs are "powered" by Metallic Archaea...

Because torture is psychological, and it's not as scary if he's like "We've got some metallic archaea around here somewhere that I could probably use on your glasses, maybe. I dunno, I'd have to go look for it, but believe me, hoo boy, we've sure got it".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Snak posted:

I think it was less about showing him how the stuff worked, and more "hey fucker look what we found"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They should have used it on the "Dog or Wolf?" cortex in that rear end in a top hat's brain.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

I think it was less about showing him how the stuff worked, and more "hey fucker look what we found"

Yeah, the scene was just awkward because Ocelot was explaining what it was to US while demonstrating it's effects to Huey.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Huey is a real piece of poo poo

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Huey is the worst.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Why hasn't anyone modded over Pequadd's lines with Macho Man Randy Savage quotes yet

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I wonder what Ground Zeroes was meant to be. It doesn't make sense to randomly make a Cuba level that is never used again.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

It's like the Tanker level in MGS2, except it was released a year earlier than the rest of the game

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Sylink posted:

I wonder what Ground Zeroes was meant to be. It doesn't make sense to randomly make a Cuba level that is never used again.

There was talk of having a mission later on in TPP where you go back there, potentially as a "This is what really happened" version ala the second hospital escape, presumably. But much like Chapter 51, that got cut out as well.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Funky Valentine posted:

Venom lands in a small Liberian village for one mission.

A blonde Caucasian toddler walks up to him, kicks him hard in the shins, and runs away while a piano version of Rules of Nature plays in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevzIXAtX2g

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Sylink posted:

It's pretty obviously the "virtuous mission" of TPP. I'd imagine Konami was getting super fed up with their not being a product out for MGSV and demanded someting be released. Kojima probably had to fight to get them to release the prologue mission as a standalone product before the rest of the game. I can't imagine he, or anyone else on the team was happy with it.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
welp, i feel dumb now. It just now hit me (watching the cut ending) that the reason that Eli thinks not BB is his dad even though we had the DNA test done to say that's not true left me thinking he was a big dumb dumb but nah im the dumb dumb, that was like one random thing i heard in a cutscene and was like "thats not true" but its because you're not his dad you just look like him

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Hmm, that sucks. I've been replaying GZ and honestly its better in a lot of ways, mostly due to the constraints. But worse controls and UI.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sylink posted:

Hmm, that sucks. I've been replaying GZ and honestly its better in a lot of ways, mostly due to the constraints. But worse controls and UI.
If TPP had been, like, 10 Camp Omegas with open approaches (don't ask me how that would work) I'd have liked it even more. It's still incredible but you can tell Camp Omega had the most attention and care put into it as an individual location, making it great for infiltration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Paul Zuvella posted:

It's pretty obviously the "virtuous mission" of TPP. I'd imagine Konami was getting super fed up with their not being a product out for MGSV and demanded someting be released. Kojima probably had to fight to get them to release the prologue mission as a standalone product before the rest of the game. I can't imagine he, or anyone else on the team was happy with it.

read somewhere (i forget now, probably reddit so maybe its bullshit) but kojima wanted ground zeroes out the way it was to prepare people for the radical change in gameplay (because they he must of figured not many people played peace walker or something) and the open world stuff but he wanted it released for free and konami were like no! that is not a free game!

fake edit: went looking for a solidus skating gif to complete that quote but found this instead:

• Locked thread