Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yeah, but Dunbar is now being used as a big part of the passing game with Weeden behind center. He led the team in targets with ten and brought all of them in for 100 receiving yards. A RB that is getting that sort of use in the passing game has a great floor in PPR.

Yeah full ppr it'd have to be Dunbar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
14 team 0.5 PPR league, would you rather have CJ Anderson/Pierre Garcon or TJ Yeldon/DeSean Jackson?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Would you guys trade away Mark Ingram for Andrew Luck? I have four RB1/RB2s and three slots.

Who's your quarterback? And who are your RBs?

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm still holding out hope that Lamar Miller and the Dolphins will get their poo poo figured out and he can come back and produce, at least in the flex from time to time. I have AP and I'm banking on Arian Foster coming back strong to have a solid RB1/2 duo for the rest of the season. After Miller I have Matt Jones and... Isaiah Crowell for RB depth. its a sad state of affairs.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

[12:31] <rotobot> Bengals: When we're behind, it's Gio Bernard - Jeremy Hill | CIN -- http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9409/jeremy-hill

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Good thing Hill has Bernard on his fantasy team.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

dat one portagee posted:

I'm still holding out hope that Lamar Miller and the Dolphins will get their poo poo figured out and he can come back and produce, at least in the flex from time to time. I have AP and I'm banking on Arian Foster coming back strong to have a solid RB1/2 duo for the rest of the season. After Miller I have Matt Jones and... Isaiah Crowell for RB depth. its a sad state of affairs.

If by poo poo figured out you mean Philbin/Lazor fired then yeah, I'm right there with you!

Seriously, Miller and Hill sit and I'm just going to rotate between Lewis/Vereen/Williams until something changes.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

old dog child posted:

[12:31] <rotobot> Bengals: When we're behind, it's Gio Bernard - Jeremy Hill | CIN -- http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9409/jeremy-hill

Well, the Bengals better start getting their lead poo poo together.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I need 38 combined yards from Lacy tonight to win :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear:

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Thwomp posted:

Who's your quarterback? And who are your RBs?

QBs are Tyrod Taylor and Romo's corpse in the RES slot.

RBs are Jamaal Charles, Mark Ingram, Chris Ivory, Arian Foster, TJ Yeldon.

12-team 0.5PPR.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5 ppr, +2 pts for tds over 40 yds.

I give:
Jeremy Hill and Michael Crabtree

I get:
Danny Woodhead
Golden Tate.

Time to jump ship I think?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Axl Rose posted:

I haven't been impressed watching Rivers for the past two weeks, thinking I need to grab another QB to have another option. Carr is available on waivers, but I'm thinking the Roethlisberger owner will pay too much of his FAAB to get him, so I'm considering targeting Tyrod Taylor in a trade. The owner has Eli Manning also, and is WR needy. Do you think any of these WRs would be a fair offer that they would likely accept? (This is a 14 team standard scoring league with 6 point passing TDs)

Rishard Matthews
Kendall Wright
Stevie Johnson
Jordan Matthews
Deandre Hopkins (Obviously not giving him up)

Although I know it would be overpaying on paper, my first inclination is to offer Jordan Matthews while he still has some name value, because I think that offense is going nowhere fast. Johnson, Wright, and R Matthews all seem like they've proven that they deserve to be starting over J Matthews anyway. Is this giving up waaay too much for Tyrod Taylor?

I think Taylor might actually be ok, but I wouldn't want to gamble that for your backup qb. I agree that the Eagles just suck, but I think there's a better chance of that being wrong than Tyrod Taylor finishing inside the top 10 for QB.

I'm the Big Ben owner in a 12 man standard FAAB league and I was considering making a move for Carr. It's my first year doing faab... I still have $96/$100, and Carr is our top qb. followed by Bortles, Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Mallet, Cousins, Foles, Smith. Vick and Weeden are out there too, so it's not as if I won't be without a qb. Realistically, the guy starting Bridgwater and Brees will almost certainly put a bid. Maybe at most two other people might try to improve their back up situation.

What's a good bid that will win but not overbid? I was thinking $7-10 since it's going be a fill for 3-6 weeks?

MacheteZombie posted:

.5 ppr, +2 pts for tds over 40 yds.

I give:
Jeremy Hill and Michael Crabtree

I get:
Danny Woodhead
Golden Tate.

Time to jump ship I think?

gently caress no. Don't entertain lovely trades like that, and shoot it down right away. You won't get as many lovely trades from them in the future.

Woodhead is a back up whose value is purely dependent on gameflow or injuries. He's a weak flex unless you are in a ppr league. Same thing for Tate, I think he's ok, but he's not particularly valuable unless it's a PPR league.

Meanwhile, you are giving up Hill, who at the very worst just sees more of a 50-50 split instead of 60-40 or 70-30 that he used to enjoy. Crabtree I'd be ok giving up since he's the 2nd option and doesn't see a lot of RZ looks.

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Would you guys trade away Mark Ingram for Andrew Luck? I have four RB1/RB2s and three slots.

You need to give you roster or at least some league scoring for context but for heads up value Luck has a far higher ceiling, so yes.

Gobias Ind. posted:

14 team 0.5 PPR league, would you rather have CJ Anderson/Pierre Garcon or TJ Yeldon/DeSean Jackson?

Probably the first pair. I don't think Jackson will have many more TDs than Garcon (if he does at all) and I think Garcon will have at least 30 more catches, if not more. I feel Denver will probably at least keep CJ as part of the rotation to give him an opportunity. I think even at that level, he will probably see more work in the passing game than Yeldon. Yeldon is risky too. Not looked particularly good through 3 games and he's going to be a slave to game flow on a team that will play from behind a lot.

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 28, 2015

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

THE MACHO MAN posted:

You need to give you roster or at least some league scoring for context but for heads up value Luck has a far higher ceiling, so yes.

QB Tyrod, Romo, Bridgewater
RB Charles, Ingram, Ivory, Foster, Yeldon
WR Demaryius, ARob, Alshon, Stevie Johnson, Terrance Williams, Martavis Bryant
TE Kelce, Eifert
DST Broncos, Jets
K McManlynus

12-Team, 0.5PPR.

Harold Cooplowski fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 28, 2015

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

89 posted:

Well, the Bengals better start getting their lead poo poo together.

"The Bengals are leading the NFL in % of time in lead/tied and only trailed for 1 minute, 58 seconds yesterday... "

https://twitter.com/FootballJedi/status/648583793582804992/photo/1

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

"The Bengals are leading the NFL in % of time in lead/tied and only trailed for 1 minute, 58 seconds yesterday... "

https://twitter.com/FootballJedi/status/648583793582804992/photo/1

All I'm reading is "Jeremy Hill is poo poo."

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I'm the Big Ben owner in a 12 man standard FAAB league and I was considering making a move for Carr. It's my first year doing faab... I still have $96/$100, and Carr is our top qb. followed by Bortles, Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Mallet, Cousins, Foles, Smith. Vick and Weeden are out there too, so it's not as if I won't be without a qb. Realistically, the guy starting Bridgwater and Brees will almost certainly put a bid. Maybe at most two other people might try to improve their back up situation.

What's a good bid that will win but not overbid? I was thinking $7-10 since it's going be a fill for 3-6 weeks?

In the same boat with Big Ben and most of the same waiver options. Throwing $16 at it currently, I might lower it though. Everyone else seems to be doing good enough at QB to not need Carr.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Jumping on the losing Big Ben Bandwagon, if I've got Tannehill on my bench should I ride him until Ben returns or should i target, Eli, Cam, Flacco, Dalton, Carr?

Axl Rose
Apr 29, 2013

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I think Taylor might actually be ok, but I wouldn't want to gamble that for your backup qb. I agree that the Eagles just suck, but I think there's a better chance of that being wrong than Tyrod Taylor finishing inside the top 10 for QB.

First, go to your league home and scroll down to where you can see the recent add drops. Now, look at the row right above the first add/drop and find where it says "FAAB Bids" (should be the farthest right option). If you click that, you'll be able to see the bids that were put in by everyone in the league, even the managers that were outbid. This could help give you a sense of of how much the person you're bidding against usually spends compared to other people. Also, it's just a really useful tool for managers in FAAB systems that most people don't know Yahoo offers.

I'd say put $17 on him. Sure, you may pay 7 or 8 bucks more than necessary, but it guarantees that you get him, and you'll still have over 3/4 of your budget with about 3/4 of the season to go.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Probably the first pair. I don't think Jackson will have many more TDs than Garcon (if he does at all) and I think Garcon will have at least 30 more catches, if not more. I feel Denver will probably at least keep CJ as part of the rotation to give him an opportunity. I think even at that level, he will probably see more work in the passing game than Yeldon. Yeldon is risky too. Not looked particularly good through 3 games and he's going to be a slave to game flow on a team that will play from behind a lot.

Thanks. I'm still somewhat willing to roll with CJA and give him a shot to bounce back (or trade him if he ever has a big game) - the problem is I have him in 2 leagues and I'm less willing to hang onto him in both. So I'm trying to find a deal that is at least a lateral move for me - but both of my leagues are brutally difficult to engage people in trade talks, so I'm struggling to find something that would be appealing to both sides.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Out of town all weekend, guess I'll log in and see how my fantasy team did this w---

:raise:

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

Crunkjuice posted:

Jumping on the losing Big Ben Bandwagon, if I've got Tannehill on my bench should I ride him until Ben returns or should i target, Eli, Cam, Flacco, Dalton, Carr?

I'm in your situation, big ben as my QB1 and Tanny QB2. I don't think I trust Tannehill and the dolphins enough to start him for possibly 6 straight weeks, I'm trying to decide on rolling the dice with Tyrod or picking up Carr off the wire.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

dat one portagee posted:

I'm in your situation, big ben as my QB1 and Tanny QB2. I don't think I trust Tannehill and the dolphins enough to start him for possibly 6 straight weeks, I'm trying to decide on rolling the dice with Tyrod or picking up Carr off the wire.

Me too except looking at Dalton vs Tyrod. On one hand Dalton is the #2 QB in my league after 3 games. On the other hand, he's Andy Dalton

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

im looking to package my Tannehill (and go with Dalton ROS) and Steve Johnson to a Bridgewater owner. Im ideally looking for a WR in return but would be willing to take any positional upgrade. Here are his notable players, would any make for a good trade?

Dem. Thomas
Tr. Benjamin
Sproles
M.Bryant
M.Evans

Im thinking Evans??

e: I also have waiver priority over him and plan on holding him hostage by picking up Tyrod. Theres no good QBs left on the wire after that.

can anyone help me with this?

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

can anyone help me with this?

Try Evans, then settle for Bryant.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Wondering what to do with my team. Stand pat? Panic? 0.5 PPR

QB: Dalton
RB: J. Hill/L. Miller/A. Abdullah/M. Gordon/C. Ivory/M. Jones
WR: A. Brown/J. Matthews/E. Decker/G. Tate
TE: Gilmore

Planning on dropping Jones for Karlos Williams atm

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Try Evans, then settle for Bryant.

Yeah i think Evans would be a big win for you, but I wouldn't take the deal in his shoes. Bryant would be a slight loss in value maybe, but still improves your team.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
CJ Anderson / Jeremy Hill / Alfred Morris are an awesome threesome! I love my boat anchor team!

:suicide:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Look ye goons and despair as you realize the teams of the most vocal of our advice givers

I, on the other hand, am 3-0 in 4 out of 6 of my leagues :getin:

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

headcase posted:

Me too except looking at Dalton vs Tyrod. On one hand Dalton is the #2 QB in my league after 3 games. On the other hand, he's Andy Dalton

He's available on my wire too, i'm just looking at his upcoming schedule vs SEA and BUF, those could be tough games.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

There's really no defending Hill. He's legit being outplayed by Bernard. Marvin Lewis is a moron but you have to play your best players and so far this year that's been Gio.

Luckily Hill is talented enough to maybe wake up but in the meantime in not going to play that game. I'm certainly not selling low as he's a potential keeper. But if you're in redraft and can get what you think is fair value and want out, Go for it.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
I'm tied to Hill as well but luckily I'm 3-0 with Julio Jones carrying my team. I'm going up against the Gio owner next week so I plan to leave him in for some laughs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

This is from a few pages back but as a Chiefs fan I have to say a few things. The Chiefs most likely have the best secondary in the league. They had one guy named Flemming that nobody knows who the gently caress he is and he's a scrub moron that Peyton picked on maliciously. He was terrible. However, Sean Smith is back after his suspension and playing this week. Of course, Aaron Rodgers is a god so he could play well but thinking KC is bad against receivers is a total anomaly.

Holy poo poo I'm an idiot and Smith comes back next week because he has a weird three week suspension start every Packer wide receiver as fast as you can.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yeah Julio/Hill here too. I heart Julio so much and Olsen was fantastic for me this week too.

But my 13th and 14th round picks of Lewis (write in, got laughed at) and K. Williams look downright prophetic right now.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I Believe in Hill

:rip: season

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

If I am handcuffed with Geno, is it even clear which one gets the start?

I'm assuming Bengals always trot out Hill and that it is his to lose, but Marvin probably remembers the Gio machine from last year (at least I remember him being clear RB1)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

headcase posted:

My two QBs are Dalton and Taylor, drafted in the 15th and 17th rounds respectively. And people mocked me :smug:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I don't even know what to do in leagues with small benches with guys like Forsett, Hill, Demarco Murray, etc. You can't drop them, but they're losing you games every week if you start them.

Related, but how did Mathews look last game? Obviously put up numbers orders of magnitude better than Murray has up til now, but was it the Eagles playing better, defense being awful, or more of a Mathews just single handedly being badass?

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006
Giving aids back to the monkeys.
One of the many guys hurt by Bens injury here. Wondering if I should try to grab Tyrod or Carr to tide me over, or swing a trade with a guy in my league. One owner has both Rodgers and Brady, but his RBs are Morris, Woodhead, Jennings and Joique. Was thinking I could maybe flip Randle for Brady? That leaves me with Lacy and Gore as my starters.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is there a single man who believes Vick can keep the Steelers Offense moving along okay? Where are you, brave hero? Why must we with one hand praise the vile acts of a human being while casting doubt and hatred upon other vile acts of a human being? Pope Francis would tell us both men are equally evil and thus perfect PIT QBs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Sleazy P posted:

One of the many guys hurt by Bens injury here. Wondering if I should try to grab Tyrod or Carr to tide me over, or swing a trade with a guy in my league. One owner has both Rodgers and Brady, but his RBs are Morris, Woodhead, Jennings and Joique. Was thinking I could maybe flip Randle for Brady? That leaves me with Lacy and Gore as my starters.

That'd be a good trade for both of you.

• Locked thread