Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In an ideal world, we would get FT animated. Then, after the massive success of that, we continue with the 90's pandering and get G Gundam 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Srice posted:

The fact that they're books is probably the real deal breaker, I think.

Make half-assed visual novel format and sell it on steam

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Onmi posted:

So. Frozen Teardrop Spoilers also MGSV comparison spoilers.

It looks like Heero isn't Heero at all he's a clone of Heero named alpha. You see the Heero from Gundam Wing is the Beta Heero, who trained along side the Alpha at the same time, but was the original. Alpha seems to have Beta's memories however.

So they literally pulled a Venom Snake with Heero

Not quite correct on the Frozen Teardrop score, as I understand it:

Heero was cloned, yes, but the cloning is well in the past, when he was a child, and done by J to pit the two against each other. Alpha (the clone) is probably the "Heero" who was using the callsign "Black Alpha" in Relena's Episode Zero chapter, and is presumably dead by Gundam Wing proper but I can't confirm that off the top of my head.

The Heero in FT is the same snarkbag from the anime.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Onmi posted:

So. Frozen Teardrop Spoilers also MGSV comparison spoilers.

It looks like Heero isn't Heero at all he's a clone of Heero named alpha. You see the Heero from Gundam Wing is the Beta Heero, who trained along side the Alpha at the same time, but was the original. Alpha seems to have Beta's memories however.

So they literally pulled a Venom Snake with Heero

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss give me more. I need it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Doctor J: Still the ebst from beyond the grave.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
I liked the guy with the fake nose the best.

And knowing the Gundam Wing scientists, they all probably have backed up personalities or something on a computer network called, knowing FT, "7 Dwarfs".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TNG posted:

I liked the guy with the fake nose the best.

And knowing the Gundam Wing scientists, they all probably have backed up personalities or something on a computer network called, knowing FT, "7 Dwarfs".

Seven Dwarfs already exist. They are seven special ammunition cartridges for the Snow White's Buster Rifle.

The known dwarves last I checked are: Shoot an ice swan, shoot a fire bird, shoot a tornado and shoot an EMP storm. Fire and ice and combine to form a thermal shock wave bird instead.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Oh yeah, you're right. Well let's say 3 Blind Mice, or Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'd be kind of sad if that youtube was the actual IBO opening animation because if so it means they're clipshowing the OP like they did with G-Reco.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's literally just the PV but with the OP played over it

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

It's literally just the PV but with the OP played over it

The second half with the backstory info and the character info was but I don't remember that first half from the PV.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That said, goddammit BB, I can't stop hearing WAITING FOR ERECTION now.

I thought it was literally referring to erecting a flag, as in "Raise Your Flag."

The fact that we also get to laugh about it like a bunch of dumb middleschoolers can only be a plus, in my mind.

Edit: Also the opening riffs are really solid but they're writing a check the actual lyrical portion can't cash. It's probably just okay rather than terrible, though.

Runa fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 28, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's "Waiting for direction". The whole song is about soldiers who have lost their way and all that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You've no idea how disappointing this is.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

T.G. Xarbala posted:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I actually like it, I'll be preparing for the lawsuits now. Man With A Mission OPs are pretty goofy but fun.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'll give it a month to grow on me.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

The second half with the backstory info and the character info was but I don't remember that first half from the PV.

That was the first PV. They've released two.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Speaking of PVs, here's a new 15 second one with like five seconds of new footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdOze_8MJHw

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I also like the OP

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
When does this start airing?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This Sunday.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

That was the first PV. They've released two.

Okay, good. I hadn't watched the first PV.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
aw, waiting for erection was the only thing this show had going for it in my view

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Biscuit better get his own tank.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm hoping Biscuit gets the fat frog Gundam, actually.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I have no idea how this is gonna go. I'm excited.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stop watching bad shows.

(I have no idea what that is but I am 99% sure it is Cross Ange because that is a tremendously Fukuda thing to do.)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Whoever drew that sucks at scale. The Freedom's shoulder cannon and beam rifle are twice as large as the wings.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Also I suspect there's no way that fence can hold several tons of beam rifle.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

Stop watching bad shows.

(I have no idea what that is but I am 99% sure it is Cross Ange because that is a tremendously Fukuda thing to do.)

It is indeed. He put it on his list in the tell others what to watch list, so I made him learn to pay attention to warnings about bad shows.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TaurusOxford posted:

Whoever drew that sucks at scale. The Freedom's shoulder cannon and beam rifle are twice as large as the wings.

Those are option parts for the robots in Cross Ange, which are much smaller than mobile suits.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Man gently caress Fukuda. I hate that Cross Ange exists.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If it would end all of the bad whining posts about Cross Ange, I would watch the dang show instead of seeing another post about it!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Shows like that hold power because people refuse to let it die...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm hoping Biscuit gets the fat frog Gundam, actually.

It's a big fat Gundam with a fork emblem. Do you really believe there is any alternative?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

It's a big fat Gundam with a fork emblem. Do you really believe there is any alternative?

#realgundamshavecurves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
the hell's cross ange?

is it like a crossbone gundam spinoff or something?

• Locked thread