Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Panda Bear posted:

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously, I'm just saddened that's the extent of his petty tyrant fantasies. .1 on the Eichmann scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Accretionist posted:

Pro-tip for your cousin: "Professor Messer," has free training video playlists on youtube for Comptia's A+, Network+ and Security+ and they're really good

Quoting this because those videos got me through Network+ prep in a hilariously short amount of time. In the end it turns out I didn't even need the cert, but hey I didn't have to pay for anything so whatever.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Whatev posted:

Talks over, rather. And he's a far bigger idiot than they are.

This... that guy is a moron.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

plain blue jacket posted:

Humans doing retarded poo poo to animals is definitely a millennial thing

Dog shows: retroactively invented by millennials

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
so i dont know at what age your a millinial or whatever and who cares really but, im just glad this thread came up so we can see nerds try to use "ooohhhhhhh back in my day we had to EDIT CON-FIG FILES MAANUALLY" as their wincingly pathetic "up hill both ways" chestnut

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

This, but flash forward millions of years and aliens arrive and they find evidence of us, including this picture, and are like "gently caress, what a terrible people they must have been" and just leave without collecting and preserving any evidence of humanity

bullshit any aliens would have gone thru the selfie phase and probably got stuck there, they will take pix of themselves standing over our planetary mausoleum

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

why the gently caress would you not want to eat this? "taco" is just a specific expression of generic "bread around thing" that all cultures have thankfully invented one way or another

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
If you paid money to post on the internet, you're a millennial

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol

This eye rolling Old makes me as mad as I would imagine Millenials make Olds, like gently caress

Also did anyone hear about this study?

Don't tell Baby Boomers this! I swear to God they will create laws to force Welfare recipients to donate blood 3 times a week to supply the Vampiric Baby Boomer Voters!

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

what nasa used to look like:

what nasa looks like now:

and they wonder why they don't get the government handouts they constantly beg for!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

This eye rolling Old makes me as mad as I would imagine Millenials make Olds, like gently caress

everything about this photo is delicious, you can't just stop at the unidirectional commentary

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I mean it kinda fits in here if you haven't seen it yet

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I mean it kinda fits in here if you haven't seen it yet

These people ended up as catamites of a local warlord.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://projects.buffalonews.com/fix-buffalo-schools/how-los-angeles-got-kids-in-school.html

quote:

On the Friday before a three-day weekend, Jose Torres and Fabiola Gutierrez stand in the foyer of Lincoln High School in Los Angeles, generously dispensing smiles, encouraging words, pats on the back — and candy.

“Be back on Tuesday, ready to learn,” Gutierrez, the attendance improvement counselor, says to one student after another, pressing a lollipop into each student’s hand. “Enjoy your three-day weekend. Do not take a four-day weekend.”

“Happy Friday,” Torres, the principal, says to one boy, patting him on the shoulder and handing him a small pack of licorice.

Lincoln High School schedules such incentives at regular intervals to encourage students to come to school — specifically, to miss no more than seven days each year — and reward those who attend regularly.

Incentives help. So does accountability.

At 8:03 a.m., the tardy bell rings. Candy is gone — now come consequences.

Torres and Jorge Sanchez, the dean of students — who is wearing his own Lincoln varsity jacket from ’84 — each pulls out an iPhone. On each screen: trueID, an app that taps into the school’s student data system. Enter a student’s date of birth, verify the name, and that student is officially marked as late for the day.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Would do this curvy bitch

the one in the middle

with the tie

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The common man is fighting back!

Angry, Torch-Lit Mob Attacks Hipster Cafe

quote:

An angry mob vented its rage against East London hipsters on Saturday night by attacking a cafe and scrawling "scum" on the window. But the establishment wasn't just any cafe—it was a cereal cafe. As in, cereal in a bowl. "It’s senseless violence, isn’t it?" Gary Keery, 33, co-owner of Cereal Killer Cafe, tells the Guardian. "We’ve had some letters through the letterbox saying 'die hipsters' and stuff but nothing to this extreme. It just doesn’t make sense." He says customers and their children hid inside, terrified, while activists (who carried torches and pig heads) threw cereal and red paint at the windows. After customers hid downstairs, members of the mob managed to break in and throw furniture and a smoke bomb inside.

Roughly 200-strong, the protesters called themselves "The F*** Parade" and explained their anti-gentrification stance on a Facebook event page, reports the Independent. "Our communities are being ripped apart—by Russian oligarchs, Saudi Sheiks, Israeli scumbag property developers, Texan oil-money twats and our own home-grown Eton toffs," they write. "We don't want luxury flats that no one can afford, we want genuinely affordable housing." Their protest also left a police officer injured (flying bottle to the face) and a nearby real estate agency damaged. By Sunday, though, Cereal Killer Cafe was back in business, selling over 120 kinds of cereal with more than 20 toppings and 30 kinds of milk, for up to $6.50 a bowl, the CBC reports.

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol
Hipster's.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The gently caress Parade is a pretty good mob name

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Senor Gato posted:

Hipster's.

Hipster is, as hipster does.

Mamma always said life was like a box of Warby Parker trial frames; you never know what ya gonna get.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

https://vimeo.com/140419528

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Simstim posted:

I'm the driver in the car stuck behind him about to run him over

I'm the hand covered in soot. It's the closest I'll ever come to actual labor.

Full disclosure: steam engines are cool. it's the conspicuous HEY LOOK AT ME while feigning disinterest that makes it hipster/millennial as gently caress.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

a starwar betamax posted:

so i dont know at what age your a millinial or whatever and who cares really but, im just glad this thread came up so we can see nerds try to use "ooohhhhhhh back in my day we had to EDIT CON-FIG FILES MAANUALLY" as their wincingly pathetic "up hill both ways" chestnut

I think last page that someone said the only generational demographic that is tracked is baby boomers, so I think millenneals are everyone born before 1944 and after 1965? Dunno. This thread has raised a lot more questions than it has anwsered.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

<3 WE LOVE IT <3
<3 WHEN YOU <3
    ARE <3 HERE

DaemonWyrm
Jul 3, 2003

Why don't I hear any sleep screams?

This lady has a big pot of stew she's gonna draown those high school students in.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
id go 2 school 2 gently caress

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

I think the funniest part about that is that you actually still do have to edit said files manually. But that's because i'm a big nerd.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I didn't think it was possible to have a negative % body fat

The most shameful of limp wrists

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

i always feel bad for skinny guys with giant heads and bulbous noses. it's not a good look. if you are gonna be skinny, you need sharp, even birdlike, facial features for the whole look to work.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

i always feel bad for skinny guys with giant heads and bulbous noses. it's not a good look. if you are gonna be skinny, you need sharp, even birdlike, facial features for the whole look to work.

you feel empathy wow

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

whew!!! just made it to the end of this thread from the start during one day of "work" that was a lot of posts!!

someone give me a handout! slap my back and suck my dick i need a reward!!!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

*clicks the 40something.jpg thread*

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

whew!!! just made it to the end of this thread from the start during one day of "work" that was a lot of posts!!

someone give me a handout! slap my back and suck my dick i need a reward!!!

now leave

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

I'm the guy you're referring to

Just letting you know I validate you and I have given thought to your opinions, and I've come to the conclusion that you make a good point, but you haven't provided a good enough argument to change my mind. If this was one of those forums where I could give you, like, a thumbs up or something, I'd consider it. I wouldn't actually click 'like' or anything because I think those things are stupid and shallow, but the thought would cross my mind.

I kinda want to get you a participation trophy is what I guess I'm saying.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I'm 23 and I only ever read this thread on my phone.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

To his credit, shaving with a straight/safety razor and making shaving lather on the spot with a brush rules and is the superior way to shave. Anything that brings us closer to eliminating bad facial hair culture.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you want to know my problem with beard culture? all these dudes using beards to hide their lovely uninteresting faces

in our previous beardless culture, these faces would be known and loathed; but now they hide

they hide in the open

i have been honing my beard-piercing prowess to detect these faces even under the cover of beards

the results are disturbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

C-Euro posted:

To his credit, shaving with a straight/safety razor and making shaving lather on the spot with a brush rules and is the superior way to shave. Anything that brings us closer to eliminating bad facial hair culture.

Yeah man. What? Why is doing something purposely hard and lovely better?

• Locked thread