Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Manoueverable posted:

At this point in time I wouldn't count out the Falcons sneaking into the #2 seed because holy poo poo that schedule is soft as gently caress

It's hilarious that those two NFC South games are going to be so important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Banks, Phillips, Kennison weren't?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Let me tell you about Andy Dalton vs really good secondaries...

He wins because shut up.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

warcrimes posted:

Some good players, some bad players, no chiefs

lol don't get mad, I am kidding. your offense looks really good, be happy

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
AJ Green is exactly the type of receiver Sherman does really poorly against :cheers:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pron on VHS posted:

facts have no emotional bias

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I really hate Colin Kaepernick, you guys. I also hate that Charles Davis was defending him during the broadcast. Al and Cris would have rightfully gone all in on that performance.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Pron on VHS posted:

My hands are shaking as I type this...

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

AJ Green is exactly the type of receiver Sherman does really poorly against :cheers:

Sherman shut down Green last time they played but that was everyone's rookie year including Dalton's. In fact I'm pretty sure the first time I ever heard of Richard Sherman was after the game when he was talking poo poo on Green.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Sherman shut down Green last time they played but that was everyone's rookie year including Dalton's. In fact I'm pretty sure the first time I ever heard of Richard Sherman was after the game when he was talking poo poo on Green.

Ike Taylor used to inexplicably shutdown AJ too until he got even slower in his dotage. But the few instances in Sherman's dominant stretch where people completed a few balls, the receivers are big, tall and fast

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

He got beat by Jerome Simpson and they just moved AJ to where he wouldn't be covered by Sherman:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/09000d5d8239fe90/Bengals-vs-Seahawks-highlights

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 29, 2015

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Ike Taylor used to inexplicably shutdown AJ too until he got even slower in his dotage. But the few instances in Sherman's dominant stretch where people completed a few balls, the receivers are big, tall and fast

what about demaryius thomas

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

warcrimes posted:

My hands are shaking as I type this...

you are super defensive about the raiders dude

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

what about demaryius thomas

Football is a weird sport, my man

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Football is a weird sport, my man

Agreed. Who the hell saw the Eagles D being their strength this year, or even being competitive in the Jets game at all?

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page
Rodgers is going to eat the 49ers defense. Mangini tries to disguise the blitz but instead leaves slow dudes 5 steps behind their coverage.
Kap still needs to learn to throw poo poo away. Like straight Eli throw it into the stands because this team couldn't come from down 10 when they had more talent. Down 14 is game over 3 minutes in.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Chiefs got a wide receiver touchdown, and that's all that matters this week

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chris James 2 posted:

The Chiefs got a wide receiver touchdown, and that's all that matters this week

Packers defense worst ever?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The loving Packers ruin everything.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Just lmao

Andy should be on the hot seat, but he will be fine. Alex Smith should be benched, but will continue to start.

We wonder why the Chiefs are a playoff futile franchise and honestly it really shouldn't be a mystery. It's maddening just thinking of how much talent they have wasted, are currently wasting and the future guys who they will draft and have no hope.

Through everything, this franchise never learned why trying to fix the QB position in FA will never work. They deserve every bit of failure.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After the Steelers the Packers are the #1 team I would like to see be just woefully bad for a good half decade. No fanbase should be that spoiled except mine. .

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

After the Steelers the Packers are the #1 team I would like to see be just woefully bad for a good half decade. No fanbase should be that spoiled except mine. .

Just wait until Rodgers retires. The Pack will be back to sucking like when I was a kid

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

Just lmao

Andy should be on the hot seat, but he will be fine. Alex Smith should be benched, but will continue to start.

We wonder why the Chiefs are a playoff futile franchise and honestly it really shouldn't be a mystery. It's maddening just thinking of how much talent they have wasted, are currently wasting and the future guys who they will draft and have no hope.

Through everything, this franchise never learned why trying to fix the QB position in FA will never work. They deserve every bit of failure.

Did Alex Smith give up 24 points to Aaron Rodgers in the first half?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

adaz posted:

With 30-some passing yards in the first half I'd argue he did

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Just wait until Rodgers retires. The Pack will be back to sucking like when I was a kid
They'll draft some young gun QB in the late first round to groom behind Aaron Rodgers and the cycle will continue.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Nah, we'll just pull another HOF quarterback out of our rear end.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

adaz posted:

The multiple 3 and outs and the pick inside the Packers red zone, ehhhhhh, he played his part

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
That loss was on everyone except for like 4 players but good lord I am ready to move onto another QB. Even if he is worse he will at least be more entertaining, with higher highs and lower lows

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

With 30-some passing yards in the first half I'd argue he did

He had a bad half but he didn't throw the game away on picks or fumbles. He was also completely destroyed by the pass rush (7 sacks, 8 hits) and didn't have a lot of help. I mean, it was a bad game of his sure but putting this on the QB is a bit much.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

That loss was on everyone except for like 4 players but good lord I am ready to move onto another QB. Even if he is worse he will at least be more entertaining, with higher highs and lower lows

Did you blackout drunk for that last Matt Cassel year? I mean, I wouldn't blame you if you did but holy gently caress you do not mean this. Look at the bears after they lost their Alex Smith. Really goddamn bad, and you do not want that. I do not want that.

Chiefs should look into finding an alex smith replacement, sure. But just ditching him with no plan is a recipe for disaster.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

adaz posted:

He had a bad half but he didn't throw the game away on picks or fumbles. He was also completely destroyed by the pass rush (7 sacks, 8 hits) and didn't have a lot of help. I mean, it was a bad game of his sure but putting this on the QB is a bit much.
Having watched the game I can't see how it's possible to put this game NOT on Alex Smith, dude was skittish, didn't throw beyond the LOS very often, held the ball way too long

of course the offensive line sucked but he also had no pocket presence whatsoever

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

adaz posted:

Did you blackout drunk for that last Matt Cassel year? I mean, I wouldn't blame you if you did but holy gently caress you do not mean this. Look at the bears after they lost their Alex Smith. Really goddamn bad, and you do not want that. I do not want that.

Chiefs should look into finding an alex smith replacement, sure. But just ditching him with no plan is a recipe for disaster.

You are being me right now, and it won't work on me, as I am a new me after tonight

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Having watched the game I can't see how it's possible to put this game NOT on Alex Smith, dude was skittish, didn't throw beyond the LOS very often, held the ball way too long

of course the offensive line sucked but he also had no pocket presence whatsoever

Full disclosure, I watched the first half and most of the third quarter before having to leave work and I put this pretty squarely on the defense, that offensive line and alex smith. I don't see how it's solely his fault is all, this was a combined effort of poo poo not just a hey look at htis bad quarterback being bad. That first half was a trainwreck from the entire team.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?
It's time to get in on the Chicago fire sale and bring Jay Cutler to KC.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

adaz posted:

is the bears alex smith kyle orton?

cause yeah, anyone would be lucky to have half a man that orton is.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Catfish Stevens posted:

It's time to get in on the Chicago fire sale and bring Jay Cutler to KC.

We will give you Alex Smith for 2 seconds.

My phone tried to correct "you" to "us" . :(

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

WHOOPS posted:

you are super defensive about the raiders dude

that was a joke but sure, yeah, let's go with that

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
hi the packers going into prevent mode in the 3rd was funny as poo poo and i'm glad that rookies got playing time

also packers bitch

also who the gently caress needs jordy

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
giants whyu did you cut james jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Quick thoughts after the Packers game:

Rodgers is going to be raptured on the field one of those days, he's just going to complete a 80 yard touchdown then ascend to Heaven right then and there. I've watched a lot of really loving amazing quarterbacks play in my lifetime, Marino, Favre, Manning, Elway, Young, Brady... but Rodgers is just utterly transcendent.

The Packers are getting a fuckton of mileage out of those cross-over plays to Cobb. I can't imagine that it'll keep working for much longer once teams have tape on it.

The defense actually looks coherent, having put together two solid performances two weeks in a row. The Seahawks' and Chiefs' garbage time stats are simply a product of Capers deliberately deciding to play prevent and grind out as much clock as possible. Up until that point, the Packers defense has shut down two straight offenses in a row. Now, of course, both teams' offenses have looked absolutely woeful so far, so we can't really evaluate much off it yet. What really impresses me is the variety of Packers defenders who are stepping up and making really big plays. HHCD, Damarious Randall, Jayrone Elliott are all very young but already making game-changing plays on the defense. Clay Matthews has revitalized his career playing from inside linebacker. Mike Daniels threw the Chiefs OL around like toys tonight.

Building upon that point, I really genuinely sincerely have to give Dom Capers credit for two consecutive excellent gameplanning. For the first half tonight, just as he did last week against Wilson and the Hawks, the Packers defense took away the run game and forced Alex Smith to make plays with his arms and legs. Of course, unlike Wilson, Smith is incapable of doing so, and came out of the first half with, what was it, 31 passing yards? The Chiefs looked utterly impotent until the Packers began giving them as much room as possible in the aforementioned effort to grind out the clock -- which, don't get me wrong, very nearly backfired on them. But garbage time stats aside, the prevent defense did its job tonight and the Chiefs ran out of time to make anything more than a minimal effort at a comeback.

No idea why Clay is on the punt team. Chiefs punting did an excellent job. Kickoffs not so much, Montgomery had two pretty good returns.

All those gigantic free plays on offsides flags that Rodgers has been consistently pulling off, I think it's going to cause a big shift in the NFL one way or another. Either the NFL is going to change the rules for it, or coaches will be forced into making sure that their players keep on playing even after the flag instead of giving up and standing around. Or both, maybe?

12-men-on-the-field being flagged is going to be a consistent thing going forward, however, and I'm happy to see that the no-huddle is paying off a couple years after it was implemented.

• Locked thread