Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Arse-face is getting back into the music scene, I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
please do not post humon here

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Acne Rain posted:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Acne Rain posted:

????

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
human is an artist who makes dumb things that goons don't like. Basically she draws about 2 things: personified countries, and sexual deviancy.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Davinci posted:

human is an artist who makes dumb things that goons don't like. Basically she draws about 2 things: personified countries, and sexual deviancy.

And white supremacy.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

:quagmire:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Acne Rain posted:

Prepare yourself

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

sticklefifer posted:

His signing of the treaty ended the epic Cat-Bun Wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YivZJOC2-k

Perfect Hair Forever!

Best show ever!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Pretty creative imo

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mezzanine posted:

Saw this on my way to work today.

Glands work differently here in Japan :japan:

I hear they're sideways over there.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

I've read one of the other books from this series ("Crabs on the Rampage") in which the humans manage to defeat the giant crabs by...

...doing nothing.
It turns out the same thing that causes the crabs to grow to unusual size also causes cancer. I don't think the author was smart enough to be going for some kind of Cancer/Crabs/Zodiac joke.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Nitrox posted:

Prepare yourself

Why does his crotch say "Cool & Edgy"? Is it some Flex Mentallo thing?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cheer up, Varys. Your diet is going really well.

bunnyofdoom posted:

And white supremacy.

Wait, what?

E: Ah OK, apparently some hardcore Axis Powers Hetalia fans on Tumblr have a grudge-on for her, because of her Scandinavia and the World comic. and apparently the SA hivemind take offense to her other comics as well, for some reason.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 14:50 on Sep 28, 2015

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Why does his crotch say "Cool & Edgy"? Is it some Flex Mentallo thing?

SARCASTIC JERKWAD OF THE BEACH

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
When he does enough kegel exercises, he can turn the Pentagon into a skyscraper.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

It'd be pretty lovely to be a celebrity at Disneyland. he's at the end of the ride in that shot and probably anticipating getting mobbed when he gets off. sometimes we see Kobe Bryant there and there are usually half a dozen security guards walking 8 steps behind him and keeping the thousand-strong throng at bay while he cuts to the front of all the lines.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Efexeye posted:

It'd be pretty lovely to be a celebrity at Disneyland. he's at the end of the ride in that shot and probably anticipating getting mobbed when he gets off. sometimes we see Kobe Bryant there and there are usually half a dozen security guards walking 8 steps behind him and keeping the thousand-strong throng at bay while he cuts to the front of all the lines.

Dave Chappelle did a stand up bit about this experience back during the prime days of his career

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Efexeye posted:

That's bullshit. They don't even let handicapped people jump lines anymore. Theme parks now do a thing where you sign up, and still wait as long as they think the line is but they like, let you go sit down or grab a beer or whatever instead of being in the line, and you can't do more than one at a time. It's fair I suppose, and doing the same policy at Cedar Point definitely helped me throughout the day but it's definitely there because people were hiring handicapped "family members" to line jump, and the rotten people of course have to ruin everything for the rest of us.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I'm not sure what you mean by 'bullshit' but I've personally observed this within the last 30 days

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Yeah, if Kobe Bryant wants to go to the front of the line at Disneyland, he's going to the front of the line.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

Yeah, if Kobe Bryant wants to go to the front of the line at Disneyland, he's going to the front of the line.

It's not like saying "No" has a history of stopping him anyways

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's not like saying "No" has a history of stopping him anyways

:drat:

BOOMSHAKALAKA! HE'S ON FIRE!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Choco1980 posted:

That's bullshit. They don't even let handicapped people jump lines anymore. Theme parks now do a thing where you sign up, and still wait as long as they think the line is but they like, let you go sit down or grab a beer or whatever instead of being in the line, and you can't do more than one at a time. It's fair I suppose, and doing the same policy at Cedar Point definitely helped me throughout the day but it's definitely there because people were hiring handicapped "family members" to line jump, and the rotten people of course have to ruin everything for the rest of us.

All the parks offer VIP tours. You don't even need to be a VIP to take them, you just pay for it and get a host to take you to the front of all the lines.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/vip-tour-services/
https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/viptour

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Efexeye posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'bullshit' but I've personally observed this within the last 30 days

Bullshit as in it's lovely and unfair that celebs get special treatment they don't even allow kids in wheelchairs to get anymore. Not as in I think you're lying.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I don't know about Disney, but at Cedar Point the celebs paid the same price for the tours as anyone else. I think it was about $250/person.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Zero One posted:

All the parks offer VIP tours. You don't even need to be a VIP to take them, you just pay for it and get a host to take you to the front of all the lines.

What if everyone starts to get the VIP package and then the lines for it are just as long as the regular lines used to be? :ohdear:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then everyone will be paying $500 a ticket, and they'll probably make more rides, or offer an $800 Premium Tour service.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Walt Disney World still lets people in wheelchairs enter rides through the exit, and get on that way.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Zero One posted:

I don't know about Disney, but at Cedar Point the celebs paid the same price for the tours as anyone else. I think it was about $250/person.

At Disneyland, you pay regular ticket prices, and then pay $300-350/hr on top of that for the VIP tour. It is not cheap.

I have a family member that was approached inside Disneyland by someone in a suit who told them they won a special prize. The special prize was a day's VIP tour. The story goes that Barry Bonds had paid for it, but flew to Orlando instead of Anaheim and the tour was already scheduled. He said it was rad.

People have been abusing the handicap access system in Disneyland for so long, that genuinely handicapped persons ended up waiting as long or even longer than the "normal" line in order to get on an attraction. Genuinely disabled Disneyland enthusiasts nearly unanimously prefer the new system, but people hauling around fat meemaw in a scooter or teenagers pooling money to rent a wheelchair are now pretty bummed out about it.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

canyoneer posted:

people hauling around fat meemaw in a scooter or teenagers pooling money to rent a wheelchair are now pretty bummed out about it.

I watched a :btroll: cut the line at Hersheypark on her scooter only to discover she was too fat to ride. They couldn't get the guard down over her gut.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Zero One posted:

Can you not just do private tours after hours or something? I went to a conference in Orlando a few years back, and they rented out a big section of Universal Studios for an evening "networking" event, which consisted of us getting real drunk and riding on roller coasters with no lines all night. It still took like 10 minutes to walk through the line area of some of it though, I can't imagine actually standing in line for that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Smelly posted:

I watched a :btroll: cut the line at Hersheypark on her scooter only to discover she was too fat to ride. They couldn't get the guard down over her gut.

That's awesome. I'm assuming she bitched and moaned about it not being built for "full bodied" women.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

PittTheElder posted:

Can you not just do private tours after hours or something? I went to a conference in Orlando a few years back, and they rented out a big section of Universal Studios for an evening "networking" event, which consisted of us getting real drunk and riding on roller coasters with no lines all night. It still took like 10 minutes to walk through the line area of some of it though, I can't imagine actually standing in line for that.

Buy-outs happen. They're usually in the tens of thousands of dollars range, though.

Liz Taylor's birthday at Disneyland was a big one: http://articles.latimes.com/1992-02-28/local/me-3127_1_liz-taylor

Or Kanye and Kim this year: http://www.musictimes.com/articles/40343/20150605/kanye-west-kim-kardashian-shutting-down-disneyland-norths-birthday-party.htm

canyoneer posted:

People have been abusing the handicap access system in Disneyland for so long, that genuinely handicapped persons ended up waiting as long or even longer than the "normal" line in order to get on an attraction. Genuinely disabled Disneyland enthusiasts nearly unanimously prefer the new system, but people hauling around fat meemaw in a scooter or teenagers pooling money to rent a wheelchair are now pretty bummed out about it.

Disney got rid of their old system a couple years ago. Now the special access is pretty much only given to autistic and Make-a-Wish kids. People in wheelchairs need to wait the normal time or get a fastpass.

Zero One has a new favorite as of 02:08 on Sep 29, 2015

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's awesome. I'm assuming she bitched and moaned about it not being built for "full bodied" women.

She was more pissed off at her party when they told her to wait while they rode the coaster. I don't recall hearing her bitch about the ride itself.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Zero One posted:

Disney got rid of their old system a couple years ago. Now the special access is pretty much only given to autistic and Make-a-Wish kids. People in wheelchairs need to wait the normal time or get a fastpass.

There's a reason they got rid of the old system. Thank the rich moms from NY. Essentially, they were abusing the system using a (hired) handicapped "family member" to skip the people actually waiting in line.

e:And fatsos can wait just as long as everyone else.

Cacafuego has a new favorite as of 02:19 on Sep 29, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Walt Disney World still lets people in wheelchairs enter rides through the exit, and get on that way.

Yes, but they still have to wait the same amount of time as if they stood in line before they can come around and enter that way. Just they don't have to wait it out while physically torturing themselves in the line like an able bodied person. They can like, go get a coke in the shade until the waiting time is up.

That's exactly how I did it at Cedar Point this Summer the previous poster brought up. I only use a cane, not a wheelchair, but there was still no way I was making it through all that standing in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread