Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

I loving hate all of you. 2 bucks a litre. 4.78 usd a gallon.

why do you need to drive when you can walk across your little island in like an hour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

tysons is also terrible. pretty much all of nova is a suburban hellscape. strip malls, box stores and fast food.

I dunno I'm near a bunch of good places to eat and I can take the metro to work everyday. Utilities are cheaper than the northeast and rent is about the same, otherwise it's new england with more humidity. Sorry you're raging against whatever it is.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

I loving hate all of you. 2 bucks a litre. 4.78 usd a gallon.

So when you figure in gas how much did that lamb really cost you? :smug:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Uh gas is $2.19 by me
:frogout: x infinity

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

tysons is also terrible. pretty much all of nova is a suburban hellscape. strip malls, box stores and fast food.

Confirmed. My in laws live there, and this is dead on.

:(

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Vasudus posted:

I dunno I'm near a bunch of good places to eat and I can take the metro to work everyday. Utilities are cheaper than the northeast and rent is about the same, otherwise it's new england with more humidity. Sorry you're raging against whatever it is.

im not raging against anything retard. nova is the blandest place in america. it doesn't even have the rust belts 'we used to make stuff and now all we do is heroin' charm.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

High unemployment, broken down infrastructure, and high crime rates do have a certain charm to them.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Did fuel prices drop overnight or something? Last time I paid attention, I think it was about $3.40 or so for 93 octane, but sure as poo poo, I paid $2.77 a few days ago.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

Did fuel prices drop overnight or something? Last time I paid attention, I think it was about $3.40 or so for 93 octane, but sure as poo poo, I paid $2.77 a few days ago.

It went from like 2.09 to 2.27 for regular here. Glad I bought it this morning on my way in to work.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I dunno but the stupid gas station near me charges 2.15/2.25/3.0fucking8, why 93 octane needs such a price increase is beyond me

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

it's new england with more humidity.

oh god no

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

im not raging against anything retard. nova is the blandest place in america. it doesn't even have the rust belts 'we used to make stuff and now all we do is heroin' charm.

lol, clearly you have never been to most of Oklahoma or Iowa.

Vasudus posted:

otherwise it's new england with more humidity.

Nah, not nearly as much graft or good Italian food. Also lack of minor league hockey kills it.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

why do you need to drive when you can walk across your little island in like an hour?

Isn't Two Finger from NZ? It took Frodo three whole movies to get across the island.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Gas prices are things only poor people worry about :smugdog:

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I don't really miss having a car now. I fill up the motorcycle maybe once a month if I don't go exploring the Korean countryside and it's like :10bux: for a full tank. Pretty great.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

That's because outside of Arlington, no county in NOVA believes in urban planning and thus has devolved into a suburban sprawl hellscape occupied mostly by teaparty republicans that unironically work either for the federal government or federal contractors.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

shyduck posted:

I dunno but the stupid gas station near me charges 2.15/2.25/3.0fucking8, why 93 octane needs such a price increase is beyond me

Because people fall for the marketing scam that is PREMIUM.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Godholio posted:

That's not how gas works.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Naked Bear posted:

That IS how consumers work, though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

That's why I called it a scam.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

MrYenko posted:

That IS how consumers work, though.

Looks like someone has never owned a turbocharged car.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

A lot of cars use forced induction these days, so it's actually a lot more in demand.

e: Midgrade is bullshit, though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's great but it's still been a thing for at least half a century, probably longer. One of my vehicles has a high enough CR I have to buy it. The other gets 87 like it should.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mad Dragon posted:

Looks like someone has never owned a turbocharged car.

I have a 12:1 LS7, in the south. Please tell me all about detonation.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

MrYenko posted:

I have a 12:1 LS7, in the south. Please tell me all about detonation.

I finally sold my own GM money pit. Condolences on your forthcoming repairs.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^I know right, my loving Holley is leaking again.

Godholio posted:

That's great but it's still been a thing for at least half a century, probably longer. One of my vehicles has a high enough CR I have to buy it. The other gets 87 like it should.

To clarify, I don't think that higher octane fuel is bullshit, but calling it premium and charging for THAT is bullshit.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

So when you figure in gas how much did that lamb really cost you? :smug:

My car returns about 8.8 litre per 100k which I make to be 11.36 km a litre. Store is 6.2km return journey and gas at 2 bucks a litre is about 0.6 litre burnt so add a dollar twenty to the price making it 33 bucks nzd or around 20.40 bucks us instead of the 19.79 I said originally
:spergin:

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Two Finger posted:

My car returns about 8.8 litre per 100k which I make to be 11.36 km a litre. Store is 6.2km return journey and gas at 2 bucks a litre is about 0.6 litre burnt so add a dollar twenty to the price making it 33 bucks nzd or around 20.40 bucks us instead of the 19.79 I said originally

:dogout: of here with your weird moon numbers

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

psydude posted:

I finally sold my own GM money pit. Condolences on your forthcoming repairs.

Pre-emptive headwork.

:getin:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Two Finger posted:

My car returns about 26.72mpg FREEDOM. Store is 3.875 miles FREEDOM return journey and gas at 4.78 FREEDOM DOLLARS a FREEDOM GALLON is about 0.158 gallon FREEDOM burnt so add a dollar twenty to the price making it 33 bucks nzd or around 20.40 bucks us instead of the 19.79 I said originally

:spergin: :spergin: :spergin:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

quote:

My car returns about 26.72mpg FREEDOM. Store is 3.875 miles FREEDOM return journey and gas at 4.78 FREEDOM DOLLARS a FREEDOM GALLON is about 0.158 gallon FREEDOM burnt so add a dollar twenty to the price making it 33 bucks nzd or around 20.40 bucks us instead of the 19.79 I said originally

:spergin: :spergin: :spergin:

what's this commie nzd poo poo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I couldn't figure out the exchange rate for possum skins

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
We trade coon skins not opossum (Plebe.) skins, and they're two scheckels to a coon skin, $14.88 per scheckel. All foreign exchanges take place in coon skins or scheckels only. We don't devalue the dollar by pegging to more volatile bellwethers.

Compute from there, smarmy upside down land kiwi.

(_!_)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

we're all going to kill each other and humanity is not going to make it off this rock

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Waroduce posted:

we're all going to kill each other and humanity is not going to make it off this rock

the universe at large will breath a collective sigh of relief

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

go3 posted:

the universe at large will breath a collective sigh of relief

The universe will not have even noticed we were there at all.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
The real scam is branded gasoline. Chevron has the exact same stuff as whatever corner gas station.

Plus the octane is listed on the pump when you select it. If you are so dumb as to pick premium just because you think there's more magic in it there's a good chance you would just waste that money on magic beans instead.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The universe will not have even noticed we were there at all.

https://youtu.be/tgF9VTXITco

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Humanity is a fractional blink for the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Lol you still in Columbus?

• Locked thread