Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I think the crit meter will be great for setting up some fun moments. Calling a shot on a guy's weapon for an easy disarm, or getting a crit headshot when you're knocking on deaths door.

I'll be looking at this new crit system really close, because my favorite New Vegas character was a crit city bitch gunslinger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

computer parts posted:

calling Aladdin Chinese fantasy since it's technically set in China.

uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh

You should really read the Book of One Thousand and One Nights instead of watching Disney movies.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SunAndSpring posted:

You should really read the Book of One Thousand and One Nights instead of watching Disney movies.

Huh. Well, I guess I'm just an idiot.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I'm not sure why people are freaking out about this "critical hit" superpower when RNG critical hits are still going to be in the game. It's just that your critical chance % is now tacked onto the critical hit command as a second layer of critical chance. So when you execute your critical hit superpower, the game runs a second RNG check to see if it's a super critical hit. If so, the attack does another 10-18% damage (depending on your perks).

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm not sure why people are freaking out about this "critical hit" superpower when RNG critical hits are still going to be in the game. It's just that your critical chance % is now tacked onto the critical hit command as a second layer of critical chance. So when you execute your critical hit superpower, the game runs a second RNG check to see if it's a super critical hit. If so, the attack does another 10-18% damage (depending on your perks).

This is not really up to your usual standard.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I'm really mad about stored crits because you know your teammates are just going to wait until you die to pop uber.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The activated crit thing should be cool though since you can build it up on scrub raiders then when you get to the Raider Chief at the back of the cave (just like Skyrim, don't pretend it won't be) you can just explode him with your berserker rage.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Huh. Well, I guess I'm just an idiot.
Probably not an idiot, simply not well-read.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
If it makes you feel better Aladdin is only French fan fiction anyway.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Boogaleeboo posted:

If it makes you feel better Aladdin is only French fan fiction anyway.
oh man wait until you find out about judge dee

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
The literacy of this thread has risen from somewhere around Chad to the level of a decent first world nation in the past dozen posts and it makes me feel left out :saddowns:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

HaitianDivorce posted:

The literacy of this thread has risen from somewhere around Chad to the level of a decent first world nation in the past dozen posts and it makes me feel left out :saddowns:

I makem baby with gay robot man in this RPG game?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

HaitianDivorce posted:

You leave Chad out of this, he hasn't done anything to you! <:mad:>

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I thought random chance was kind of the point behind a critical hit, otherwise it'd just be a sneak/power attack.

I don't really care, but I don't think it's a good design either.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Now I definitely want one of those stupid anthology things, so neat and pretty :sparkles:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mine will be here on Friday. They are pretty much just printing money at this point.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

the gently caress

GFWL?

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I would be more tempted to buy one if I didn't already own all the games (multiple copies of them in some cases). It is nice that they included each game on it's own media despite the fact that you could probably fit every game on a single DVD, or Steam codes on a single sheet of paper. w/e

But the Mini Nuke would ultimately just sit somewhere collecting dust so I'll just stick with my Collectors Edition stuff that will also begin to collect dust somewhere as soon the irritation of constantly placing and removing my phone outweighs the novelty of the PipBoy.

edit:

Rinkles posted:

the gently caress

GFWL?
This is an excuse to print money. Taking time to update the DVD art no one will bother looking at would take away precious time and money.

Psychotic Weasel fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 29, 2015

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
They re-used the discs they didn't sell. Also, lol at the good Fallouts having Bethesda branding.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Seeing as the treshold for suspected explosive devices is super low these days, I can't wait to see somebody arrested for carrying one of these in public.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

HaitianDivorce posted:

Probably me.

I was the OP from all the Fallout 3 threads. They were good threads with useful and regularly-updated OPS, and no making GBS threads was allowed. :smugdog::pipe::hf::downs:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rinkles posted:

the gently caress

GFWL?

No, could just be Games for Windows, the (mostly) unrelated set of standards that Microsoft made in ~2007.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Peztopiary posted:

Also, lol at the good Fallouts having Bethesda branding.

It slightly pains me that Interplay is nowhere to be seen on it, as much as they are a shadow of their former self and was run like one of the worst companies in Earth history.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
Hopefully this will make its way into Fallout 4 ..
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60473/

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

computer parts posted:

No, could just be Games for Windows, the (mostly) unrelated set of standards that Microsoft made in ~2007.
Seems like the correct answer.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

It slightly pains me that Interplay is nowhere to be seen on it, as much as they are a shadow of their former self and was run like one of the worst companies in Earth history.

They don't have the rights, that's how it works. It's not like Bethesda removed the developers and Interplay's mentions from the credits, anyway.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pwnstar posted:

The activated crit thing should be cool though since you can build it up on scrub raiders then when you get to the Raider Chief at the back of the cave (just like Skyrim, don't pretend it won't be) you can just explode him with your berserker rage.
He might have (purely cosmetic) power armor this time though

Seashell Salesman posted:

I don't really care about random criticals from regular combat changing, but I would be very disappointed if stealth auto-criticals were out.
For the billionth time it's always been a good idea to remove the instakill sneak criticals endemic to Bethesda games but they absolutely refuse to in each game they make. I don't think it's in danger of getting removed at all here.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Peztopiary posted:

They re-used the discs they didn't sell. Also, lol at the good Fallouts having Bethesda branding.

Good luck in this thread after saying New Vegas wasn't good.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Finally got around to watching the couple videos i hadn't yet. Anyone else notice that there's a lot of Brotherhood dudes getting murdered by the PC?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The Brotherhood Airship Prydwen even gets blown out of the sky.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Nasgate posted:

Finally got around to watching the couple videos i hadn't yet. Anyone else notice that there's a lot of Brotherhood dudes getting murdered by the PC?

#HouseWasRight

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nasgate posted:

Yeah, there's a possibility that the BoS in Boston is the Midwestern one (much more rear end in a top hat-ish if compared to their DC counterparts from Fallout 3)

e: nvm just looked at the insignia and it can be Lyon's Brotherhood from Fallout 3 too

frajaq fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 30, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So basically an older Sarah Lyons/Arthur Maxson grew up to be an rear end in a top hat and they're invading Boston like they did with the Pitt because they think they're superior and they likely want the institute's technology, which means we could actually ally with a less than good organization only because we have a common enemy in the Brotherhood and not because The Institute is any better. Hopefully a good evolution from what the East Coast BoS were in 3.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Or it's really that Midwestern chapter. I haven't touched Tactics ever, what kind of assholes are they compared to Hardin of Mojave chapter?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

GuyUpNorth posted:

Or it's really that Midwestern chapter. I haven't touched Tactics ever, what kind of assholes are they compared to Hardin of Mojave chapter?

Depends on whether or not General Barnaky is in charge of them. If you choose the ending where he becomes the new comptroller brain of Vault Zero, he ushers in a horrible era of oppression against tribals, genetic deviants and anything else that doesn't match his definition of perfection.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I never cared for the brotherhood since the original games, I hope FO4 lets you hose them by the dozens.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I cared that this is the kind of fate an organization like that will eventually face, trying to take technology from everyone and hording it for no good reason. gently caress You. I'm John Fallout and this technology is going to be used to rebuild the wastes. If any of you slack-jawed squires and your pseudo knightly nonsense want to take it from me, I'm going to turn you all into canned meat.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Yeah. The Brotherhood were a product of the times that formed them. When they started out they were a bunch of military guys holding onto a huge stockpile of lasers and plasma weapons, the kind of thing you do NOT want bandits to get ahold of, and so their boss handed down commandments that they were never, ever, EVER supposed to share them and should police up any other dangerous tech they knew of. When they started out the world was exclusively full of mowhawked maniacs and themselves, but as time passed, the rest of the world started actually rebuilding, making their mission obsolete. So now a lot of them are just plain assholes who are just justifying keeping all the shineys to themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It would be cool to have the Brotherhood actually trying to take your fancy gear. Little level 3 scrub finds a laser pistol and is strolling and and sees some Brotherhood dudes patrolling and goes to say hi, since they were such cool guys in Fallout 3. Then they hold you up and demand your energy weapons or they'll blow you away.

• Locked thread