Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

fyodor posted:

yes despite the fine-tuning that would be required when creating an abarth model with the 4c engine, same poo poo!

Please continue to blow past my original point that Fiat (once a household name in the roadster segment) has been reduced to using the Miata as a starting point to argue over semantics :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If it keeps that suspension, but with the 4C engine I could really dig it.

Then again I would dig a (twin) Turbo Miata a lot more.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 28, 2015

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

1500quidporsche posted:

Please continue to blow past my original point that Fiat (once a household name in the roadster segment) has been reduced to using the Miata as a starting point to argue over semantics :allears:

yea but so what?

"I am shocked cars made in 2015 share platforms." -goons

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

fyodor posted:

yea but so what?

Dude, come off it. It's an interesting "fall from grace" from a company that used to pride itself on making one of the original inspirations for the Miata.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I have complete faith in alfa making it a true alfa. Bu which I mean they'll make what was a reliable car catch on fire a lot.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wait why are fiat/Chrysler platform sharing with mazda now? What kind of twisted mirror universe have I stepped into?!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Lol if you think they're going to use the 1.75L motor. FCA wanted to sell 1500 4C's in America and they've sold less than 100. The 2017 Fiat 124 is going to have the 1.4L and is going to be more expensive and weigh more than the ND.

Have fun with your Ford Fusion convertible.

Phone fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 28, 2015

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Phone posted:

Lol if you think they're going to use the 1.75L motor.

FCA wanted to sell 1500 4C's in America and they've sold less than 100. The 2017 Fiat 124 is going to have the 1.4L and is going to be more expensive and weigh more than the ND.

As long as its not made in Serbia like the 500L. Just took the air box off one with 25k on it to do the oil change, and it already was full of oil spewing from the turbo.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

fyodor posted:

yea but so what?

lol you are so mad about this and you don't even understand the original issue.

It's you. You're the goon.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
i love listening to americans argue about alfa romeos like they've ever actually seen one irl

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

corn in the fridge posted:

i love listening to americans argue about alfa romeos like they've ever actually seen one irl

I saw a Saab 9000 once, that sort of counts.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

We have plenty of Spiders driving around even up here well above the rust belt.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea I drove a bunch of Alfas on the dyno when I was an emissions monkey, they arent that rare in the US.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I've seen three in Atlanta...

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

hi i'm johnny knoxville and this is the law of gravity

http://i.imgur.com/y1nWFvm.gifv

edited to not be hueg

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 29, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sudo Echo posted:

hi i'm johnny knoxville and this is the law of gravity

Gigantic gif...

That's funny, but next time maybe a link? That gif completely froze up my phone today, it's kinda sorta large.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

That's funny, but next time maybe a link? That gif completely froze up my phone today, it's kinda sorta large.

Using awful app? Turn off autoload for gifs.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Using awful app? Turn off autoload for gifs.

Just a browser, but I'll have to look and see if it can not autoload them I suppose.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

SA just really needs to add webm/gifv embedding already. Even 4chan has it. 4chan.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sudo Echo posted:

SA just really needs to add webm/gifv embedding already. Even 4chan has it. 4chan.

There are several scripts and plugins and such that do this

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Black widow chat.... Paging 14 Inch to remind us about ALL OF THESE GOD drat SPIDERS.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Flame-thrower time boys!

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
My Audi A3 is a badge engineered GTI. They changed the body and interior and the scorn from the general public comes for free.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
The Jeep Renegade is a badge engineered Fiat 500

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

They didn't even change the Fiatas interior.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Jeep strongly deny any link from Renegade to 500... Their sponsored links pop up on my facebook feed sometimes and I enjoy asking them about it because they seem to answer everyone.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Hey ya'll....whatcha doin?"

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

88h88 posted:

Jeep strongly deny any link from Renegade to 500... Their sponsored links pop up on my facebook feed sometimes and I enjoy asking them about it because they seem to answer everyone.

The Renegade isn't related to the 500, it shares a platform with the 500X, a completely different car.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Aren't all cars just badge engineered Model Ts?

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
All Saabs are just badge engineered fighter jets.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Uthor posted:

Aren't all cars just badge engineered Model Ts?

All of your posts are badge engineered poops.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Phone posted:

All of your posts are badge engineered poops.

All of my poops are badge engineered TRP posts.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Throatwarbler posted:

The Renegade isn't related to the 500, it shares a platform with the 500X, a completely different car.

I meant whatever version of awful 500 it shared with so yeah, the X, a garbage car.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

guys i like miatas i dont care what you say @.@

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

88h88 posted:

I meant whatever version of awful 500 it shared with so yeah, the X, a garbage car.

Sorry, 500X. Still a joke

Someone save Jeep :ohdear:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Husband texted me - a coworker is selling her 2001 Prius and he wants to buy it.

I think the terrible car stuff is in my family?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

fyodor posted:

guys i like miatas i dont care what you say @.@

I like the :D fronted mazdas :buddy:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I saw a woman doing her makeup in her rear-view mirror today.

I never thought I'd see it in real life.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Husband texted me - a coworker is selling her 2001 Prius and he wants to buy it.

I think the terrible car stuff is in my family?

My boss was just bitching earlier about how pristine his Chrysler....Aspen? Pacifica? Whatever the Durango one was before he gave it to his wife and now everything's falling apart. I told him that I didn't believe a single word he said because he was praising everything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I saw a woman doing her makeup in her rear-view mirror today.

I never thought I'd see it in real life.

What land of miracles and heavenly goodness do you hail from to have never seen this before?

Have you seen the ol' ipad on the steering wheel trick yet?