Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i know y'all have been anxiously awaiting it and so without further adieu here's my kanye album ranking,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Good life is still the best

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Who is gonna hate on a song with a line like "la la la la that's how the gently caress you sound" and it's Kanye saying it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

because it sucks

actually the whole tail end of that album other than flashing lights and the glory sucks, don't let me just pick on that song

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
just wanted to drop in and say Yeezus and 808s are the best Kanye West albums. Thanks

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i dont get why people jock the testicles of yeezus so much. for me, the album breaks down as follows:

good songs i still listen to:
* new slaves
* blood on the leaves
* bound 2

ok songs i sometimes listen to:
* on sight
* black skinhead
* hold my liquor

bad songs that people think are good:
* i am a god

mediocre and/or forgettable:
* im in it
* send it up
* guilt trip

it was rushed, unbalanced, and sloppy. people think that is a merit or defining quality when really it is just the mark of relatively shoddy craftsmanship (for ye)

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

thathonkey posted:

i dont get why people jock the testicles of yeezus so much. for me, the album breaks down as follows:

good songs i still listen to:
* new slaves
* blood on the leaves
* bound 2

ok songs i sometimes listen to:
* on sight
* black skinhead
* hold my liquor

bad songs that people think are good:
* i am a god

mediocre and/or forgettable:
* im in it
* send it up
* guilt trip

it was rushed, unbalanced, and sloppy. people think that is a merit or defining quality when really it is just the mark of relatively shoddy craftsmanship (for ye)

i actually like i'm in it despite the mostly retarded lyrics and i think i am a god is okay but the rest of this i agree with

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm In It and Send It Up are both so good though?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I like this song and don't like that song you're all objectively wrong.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The only not-good songs on Yeezus are this one and this one this is the objective truth

Hold My Liquor and Guilt Trip

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
guilt trip is really good lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Guilt Trip is the only song on Yeezus that I forget is on the album every single time I listen to it.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Guilt Trip is the worst song on the album, but only because it is merely a good song in the presence of great ones

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i love send it up and i still cant believe king louie was on a kanye album. so awesome

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
hold my liquor is one of the best sorry.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, Hold My Liquor legitimately owns.

When I park my Range Rover
Slightly scratch your Corolla
Okay, I smashed your Corolla

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
^^^ let's be real: all of those songs are mediocre (except hold my liquor which is pretty ok). kanye stans itt. i assume the next post will be something about how people have different opinions about music. well, these are mine about yeezus. it's like all the people who love that album have stockholm syndrome of something i swear

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Chief Keef on Hold My Liquor is the best part of Yeezus, easily. Definitely one of the best and most creative uses of a feature I've seen. Much better than loving paul mccartney

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Kanye interview literally talks about how he would dip out of working on the album to hit up Kim's baby shower. Rubin says how sporadic and random Kanye worked on yeezus. It was not something ye spent a lot of time on (like he usually does) and if you go spinning that as a positive you're a Stan. This album was way more superficial poo poo than quality content and you could tell that from the marketing and stunts he pulled regarding the album compared to how he marketed/promoted other albums.

Yeezus tries to be this "cool dark and scary" but it doesn't hold a candle to anything ye put out before it except maybe good music or cruel summer.

Blood on the leaves, bound 2, that's it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Maybe he should always work on his albums sporadically then :colbert: Not that the albums he put out before Yeezus were bad. Quite the opposite. But Yeezus ruled, and if he put out more stuff like that, I'd be totally cool with that.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Chief Keef on Hold My Liquor is the best part of Yeezus, easily. Definitely one of the best and most creative uses of a feature I've seen. Much better than loving paul mccartney

That's a weird way to say the Frank Ocean outro in New Slaves, man.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Maybe he should always work on his albums sporadically then :colbert: Not that the albums he put out before Yeezus were bad. Quite the opposite. But Yeezus ruled, and if he put out more stuff like that, I'd be totally cool with that.

You really, truly, enjoyed Yeezus the most out of all his work and hope that he just keeps putting out bleak, "dark" albums?

I like when Kanye makes awesome pop rap like flashing lights and poo poo.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Xanderkish posted:

That's a weird way to say the Frank Ocean outro in New Slaves, man.

Nah

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

rear end Catchcum posted:

You really, truly, enjoyed Yeezus the most out of all his work and hope that he just keeps putting out bleak, "dark" albums?

Well I for one have an opinion about music and I am REALLY ANGRY AT PEOPLE WHO THINK SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I'm just genuinely surprised that is someone's fav ye album without putting on a front or saying it is just to be different. I find it hard to imagine if that's your absolute fav thing of his you really enjoyed his output before because, at least to me, it's a huge gap, at the very least, stylistically (and, in my opinion, quality wise).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

rear end Catchcum posted:

I didn't say I enjoyed it the most out of all his poo poo but I really did enjoy it a whole loving lot, and if he put out more poo poo like that, I'd likely enjoy that too.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Oh it's definitely not an album I'm a big fan of, either. But hey, it's a testimony to the wondrous anomaly of the human experience that different people can listen to the same piece of art and come to radically different opinions about it.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Yeezus is a really loving good album and there's a lot more to it than "grrr I'm dark and angry!"

Also 808s was recorded in three weeks and that album is really good too

i was reloading
Aug 15, 2015

by zen death robot
Kanye needs to release swish already

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
808's and Yeezus are his two worst albums if you don't care about Kanye much as a person. LR & MBDTF work really well with 0 commitment to being a Kanye fan.

That said, Yeezus has like 6 perfect songs on it and even tho i don't like 808s it has street lights and amazing which are great songs

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Please tell me what songs on yeezus you consider perfect songs. It's the use of flagrant hyperbole itt that's really bothering me, is all.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

What the gently caress is a stan?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cerepol posted:

This is the best I got:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSLZFdqwh7E

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I like Robocop off 808s a lot

I feel like I should think it's stupid, but I don't

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

The Mash posted:

I like Robocop off 808s a lot

I feel like I should think it's stupid, but I don't

It's my favourite on 808s.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Cerepol posted:

If you have to ask you probably ranked yeezus #1

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Welcome to Heartbreak owns

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Anaranjado posted:

If you have to ask you probably ranked yeezus #1

Well does this mean I need to rank it #1 or can I rank it what I want? If so 1989 is #1 followed closely by yeezus.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Cerepol posted:

Well does this mean I need to rank it #1 or can I rank it what I want? If so 1989 is #1 followed closely by yeezus.

Oh brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Cerepol posted:

Taylor Swift 1989 or Ryan Adams 1989

This is p important

• Locked thread