Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Crosspost since I know people in here were talking about Elemental Wings a while back:

Echophonic posted:

Since it seemed like there were a few folks playing Elemental Wings, I figured I'd post about this game I found.

It's called Dragon Heroes and it's a character-based vertical shooter. Has levels, character and rune gachas, pretty normal F2P progression. You start with a 6*, so you're never hurting for something to actually do levels with. I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

It's pretty fun, definitely worth checking out if you thought Elemental Wings was a wasted opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Mecha Frezia has been pretty stingy with his drops. Only 1 more to go until he's Super Attack Level 10 for me though.

King Cold comes tomorrow, and they're redoing the Bardock event again on Wednesday and Thursday, and I assume we might get a King Vegeta as well. Is there any reason that we're getting all the strike events again? It's giving me something to do since all my characters are max level, but I'm not sure if they're just stalling for content or if something big is coming.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Cozz posted:

Mecha Frezia has been pretty stingy with his drops. Only 1 more to go until he's Super Attack Level 10 for me though.

King Cold comes tomorrow, and they're redoing the Bardock event again on Wednesday and Thursday, and I assume we might get a King Vegeta as well. Is there any reason that we're getting all the strike events again? It's giving me something to do since all my characters are max level, but I'm not sure if they're just stalling for content or if something big is coming.

Probably just rehashing before introducing something new.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Probably just rehashing before introducing something new.

Is it too early for the tournament mode?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Is it too early for the tournament mode?

Probably. The bardock story event last exactly as long as the current summon event, so I expect they go for BoG content for pulls and story next. Maybe Buu saga content, we've had Buu and Majin Vegeta in the game since forever with no way to get them, although there's no Buu story event if I remember correctly.
I'm pretty hyped about the Bardock event, its the first time I should be able to farm Chilled/Freeza and maybe even go for Kid Vegeta. Maybe they'll even bring back the missions.

I think it starts tomorrow btw, the news says Wednesday, but it also says 27th. The saiyan event ends tonight too and they normally don't announce content 4 days in advance.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Man, Super 2 Goku is absolutely bananas. I really wish I had one.

My current loadout is:

Leader: Trunks (Xeno)
Successor of the Strongest Gohan
Call of Duty Nail
Aura Unleashed Tien (awakened)
Warrior of Daring Fasha (if there is even any other kind) (Awakened)
and Secrets of the Turtle Style Roshi (awakened)

This has me at 81/84 capacity at rank 47. I'm trying to think of something I might want to sub in, possibly.
On the bench I have:
Honorable Fighter Ginyu
Hero Chosen By The Earth Hercule
Indomitable Human Spirit Yamcha
Exploding Rage Gohan (awakened)
Reckless Rage Dodoria

I know I've read at least two of those really aren't too great but until I pull another S/SR I'm left considering. Awakening Trunks or Gohan will definitely be more expensive than my total capacity as it is right now. Haven't gotten mecha Frieza or King Cold thus far. I've also done about 8 single-pulls for the current special-thing and gotten only rares. It's really tempting to do a 50 stone pull but I don't want to piss them away so suddenly.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tien and Yamcha work well together because they have multiple links. If you were going to sub in someone, it would be him. I don't know that you really need to though unless you're just looking for a change of pace.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well uh that works. In three battles I managed to get King Vegeta, hover-chair Frieza, and King Cold. :staredog:

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I spent the entire last two events grinding Last Battle over and over on Z-Hard for the hover-chair Frieza. Changed tracks this time and went the easier route, completing the entire event on every difficulty to get him. Not quite sure why he is so difficult to get because he's kind of awful, but I needed him for my Frieza team. At least my hundred Bardock cards went to good use.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Do banner characters end up in the general pull pool?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zeron posted:

I spent the entire last two events grinding Last Battle over and over on Z-Hard for the hover-chair Frieza. Changed tracks this time and went the easier route, completing the entire event on every difficulty to get him. Not quite sure why he is so difficult to get because he's kind of awful, but I needed him for my Frieza team. At least my hundred Bardock cards went to good use.

He's still worth farming because eventually every Frieza can be turned into Golden Frieza.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got Kid Vegeta today. Only took three tries for him to show up, too.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Crosspost since I know people in here were talking about Elemental Wings a while back:

It's pretty fun, definitely worth checking out if you thought Elemental Wings was a wasted opportunity.

I dunno how guilds work in this game but if there's a goon one getting started I'd want in

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Aurora posted:

I dunno how guilds work in this game but if there's a goon one getting started I'd want in

Guild search for GRINDERS

Edit: Hmm, extended Dokkan Battle maintenance by 2 hours plus an app store update. Hoping for new content!

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Sep 29, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The app store update crashes the game for me after the Mr. Satan screen :gonk:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Petiso posted:

The app store update crashes the game for me after the Mr. Satan screen :gonk:

Same for me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah everyone on Reddit is going insane due to a communication error.. Just wait it out I guess.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

Yeah everyone on Reddit is going insane due to a communication error.. Just wait it out I guess.

I don't envy the development / operations team right now. Lot of nerds mad about their dragon ball right now.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I don't envy the development / operations team right now. Lot of nerds mad about their dragon ball right now.

It's reddit. If they wouldn't be angry about maintenance, they'd be angry because the update is not everything they wanted, at once. Or about not getting the card the want, afterall they spend 30 stones and only got 2 SRs.
I hope no developer goes there for anything more than a good laugh.

Still looks like there's something mightily wrong with all those delays (its pushed back another 2 hours). Probably can't (or aren't allowed) to fix this themselves, so they have to get the fix from Japan.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

PSA: Dokkan is back up

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Update is go. No new event and no story expansion :(

There's an inactive World Tournament button on the main screen though.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 29, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So hey, I've been playing this Dragon Heroes game on the side, and I'm digging it, except I have no idea what I'm doing. I feel like it's pulling concepts that I'm supposed to recognize from games I've never played. Am I supposed to power level up low level dudes by sticking them in my main party? I've got some 3-4 star dudes, but I have my freebie 6-star, a 5-star, and a 4-star in my main team and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with all the "lesser" cards. Should I save 1-3 star versions of heroes to combine with higher-star versions of them?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Petiso posted:

Update is go. No new event and no story expansion :(

There's an inactive World Tournament button on the main screen though.

It's "comming" soon. God I love this game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
My entire game got deleted. Kill me.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ross Angeles posted:

My entire game got deleted. Kill me.

Contact support, they can fix that..

Also, this is why I make a new transfer code and email it to myself once a week.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

So hey, I've been playing this Dragon Heroes game on the side, and I'm digging it, except I have no idea what I'm doing. I feel like it's pulling concepts that I'm supposed to recognize from games I've never played. Am I supposed to power level up low level dudes by sticking them in my main party? I've got some 3-4 star dudes, but I have my freebie 6-star, a 5-star, and a 4-star in my main team and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with all the "lesser" cards. Should I save 1-3 star versions of heroes to combine with higher-star versions of them?

It's all about high rank characters. Just use anything less than 4 or 5* for enhance fodder, far as I can tell. I'm running all Pendragon and it seems like using the team bonuses helps.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Guild search for GRINDERS

Edit: Hmm, extended Dokkan Battle maintenance by 2 hours plus an app store update. Hoping for new content!

It's full :(

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I got Kid Vegeta today. Only took three tries for him to show up, too.

How?! Is he only available on one stage on Z-Hard?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:rip: my Dokkan account

Oh well, more dragon stones to roll with

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Man, they're giving out Kid Goku like candy. This is great.

Edit: On that note, is it worth Dokkan Awakenign Teq Goku to AGL Goku? I have a poo poo-tonne of AGL characters, and not a lot of TEQ at this point. Is the boost worth losing one of my handful of decent TEQ characters?

Double Edit: On the subject of that TEQ Goku, you can now farm the event - he auto drops on Z-Hard, so it's trivially easy to get his Super Attack up to 10 now.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 30, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

usb teledildonics posted:

How?! Is he only available on one stage on Z-Hard?

He only spawns sometimes on Z-Hard "A Lone Warrior's Battle: Planet Vegeta's Prince." He's a bucket full of hit points and damage.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

cptn_dr posted:

Edit: On that note, is it worth Dokkan Awakenign Teq Goku to AGL Goku? I have a poo poo-tonne of AGL characters, and not a lot of TEQ at this point. Is the boost worth losing one of my handful of decent TEQ characters?

Double Edit: On the subject of that TEQ Goku, you can now farm the event - he auto drops on Z-Hard, so it's trivially easy to get his Super Attack up to 10 now.

Yes, it is worth it. Stack all the AGI Goku, Kid Goku, Goten you have, with double +3 KI Character. Spam specials attack for Kamehaha/All in the Family/Siblings links for ridiculous high damage outputs and superb defense.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

cptn_dr posted:

loving what?! What a waste of effort Dokkan Awakening him when he came out was. At least I didn't Z-Awaken him yet.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is there a set stop date for that?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So I know that this is basically the Dokkan Battle thread but are there any other good gacha games to waste time with? I wasn't a huge fan of Dragon Heroes, and I burnt out on Treasure Cruise and PAD. I honestly just want something that has cool things to get from pulling a lever and clapping like a child when I pull a winner.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So I know that this is basically the Dokkan Battle thread but are there any other good gacha games to waste time with? I wasn't a huge fan of Dragon Heroes, and I burnt out on Treasure Cruise and PAD. I honestly just want something that has cool things to get from pulling a lever and clapping like a child when I pull a winner.

Soccer Spirits is pretty different. Has a thread over in games.

Also, if you like lots of free pulls all the god-damned time, Dragon Blaze is generous with them to the point of insanity.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Well, that was a better use of my time than trying to farm any of the strike event Super Attacks. Now all I need is two Goku awakening medals and a PHY Kai and I can get Angel Goku up to Super Attack Level 10.

I also happened to get a Rare Summon in my friend point summon...but it was EXTREME PHY, when I need Super PHY to complete the last King Kai mission.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

cptn_dr posted:

Too bad I already leveled my Kid Goku up to lvl 80. At least I can boost up his super.

cptn_dr posted:

Ooh, cool. I didn't want to Dokkan awaken my Goku since I had a ton of good AGL fighters and few TEQ ones, but now I can get 20 of them to have two lvl ten dudes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Okay I requested a spot in that Grinders guild in Dragon Heroes as Hazalea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Just in case anyone was curious about Dragon Quest Super Light: Turns out the english version is SEA only, so those who want it on apple devices have to make a singapore account. I am just finding this out now.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Honestly any of the Bandai games are fun for a bit until you get tired of the F2P cascade, if you don't mind playing JP games. Kamen Rider Bout is fun and easy to get into, they throw free poo poo at you constantly but you'll never really do well unless you drop money. So you know, play until you get bored. SD Gundam G Generation Frontier is fun, but inevitably you get annoyed that the like 0.02% roll rates for non premium currency leave you with nothing after spending all 999 of your tickets. I'm about to start playing Super Light in english and it's an interesting game but not very gacha based.