Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

loving christ, I'd literally be in tears having to give that thing up after I got it for $900. lovely luck man.

I didn't even get a chance to shop for track suits :cry:

If i had the space to do it, i would keep it to part it out, but i just don't.

That 850i also went for $3500 and i missed it. just a bad day all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah its a shame because that thing would definitely be worth more than its weight in parts with the condition its in.

Do they ever sell camper trailers at those auctions? I'm flirting with buying a small one and doing some traveling for kart races next year.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Powershift posted:

That 850i also went for $3500 and i missed it. just a bad day all around.

Did that manual 530 end up selling?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrChips posted:

Did that manual 530 end up selling?

yeah, $1200, there was also an auto with 270k and OOP ontario that went for $900.

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah its a shame because that thing would definitely be worth more than its weight in parts with the condition its in.

Do they ever sell camper trailers at those auctions? I'm flirting with buying a small one and doing some traveling for kart races next year.

yeah, there's usually a couple at every auto sale.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
poo poo, I'm sorry dude. Let's go pick out something even more Russian gangster later.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm going to have to go to one of the Edmonton ones, the Calgary auction has nothing as good as that.

Is getting a usable camper trailer for a grand feasible?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There are usually only 5-10 trailers at each sale. $1000 if there is one would be mid 80s and crusty.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm going to have to go to one of the Edmonton ones, the Calgary auction has nothing as good as that.

There's a Datsun 620 camper truck on Kijiji right now, just make ten grand and buy it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/very-rare-datsun-620-motorhome-for-sale-only-11-497-miles-mint/1103988407

It's awesome.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

There's a Datsun 620 camper truck on Kijiji right now, just make ten grand and buy it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/very-rare-datsun-620-motorhome-for-sale-only-11-497-miles-mint/1103988407

It's awesome.

While that is awesome at $10k I'd have to go for my original vision of buying a Westfalia and somehow making that work.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
At least you're not the guy who bought a stolen/vin swapped benz at auction and then found out it was stolen when he bought a new key at the dealer, powershift.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Powershift posted:

yeah, $1200, there was also an auto with 270k and OOP ontario that went for $900.

That's a pretty attractive price to flip it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Frank Dillinger posted:

At least you're not the guy who bought a stolen/vin swapped benz at auction and then found out it was stolen when he bought a new key at the dealer, powershift.

Yeah, all i'm out is gas for the round trip, and a little bit of a broken heart.

MrChips posted:

That's a pretty attractive price to flip it.

yeah, and there were a fuckton of people there, prices were high. I was expecting $10k out of my truck and it went for $12,500. i bought it at the same auction more than 3 years ago for $14,900.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 29, 2015

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

Don't click this if you don't want to see the horror show that is a $900, 131k km mercedes that can never be registered on the road again. (it is a little dirty)

http://imgur.com/a/ybIRO
Oh man, that is heartbreaking. That thing looked great.

What's the process now assuming the seller can't get you the paperwork? Does the auction send a hook for it or something?

DrakeriderCa posted:

And we bought the Lincoln MKX, so I'm now an old man. Sorry, Slidebite. I'll leave you my sex toys in the will for my inevitable death in a fiery tent trailer crash.
Grandpa cars are the best cars.

Get a good hitch and sway control and you should be fine. Congrats. Post more about the Lincoln. HIDZ, rear end coolers and all that jazz?

You had better not be joking about the sex toys and I also want the costco-size astroglide

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

slidebite posted:

Oh man, that is heartbreaking. That thing looked great.

What's the process now assuming the seller can't get you the paperwork? Does the auction send a hook for it or something?

Grandpa cars are the best cars.

Get a good hitch and sway control and you should be fine. Congrats. Post more about the Lincoln. HIDZ, rear end coolers and all that jazz?

You had better not be joking about the sex toys and I also want the costco-size astroglide

Oh yussssss my butt will be well chilled. I'll have to do a list when I get delivery.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

DrakeriderCa posted:

Oh yussssss my butt will be well chilled. I'll have to do a list when I get delivery.

AB:AI Ford party 💃! Are you slowly going to turn into Mathew McConaughey? I personally wouldn't say no if I could start channeling Mike Rowe.

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.

1500quidporsche posted:

The market hasn't softened fully yet. I've been watching for a trailer, and I'm going to wait until December to buy, unless something awesome comes up. I've been watching the sub-10k market, and 2008/2009s are starting to creep into the results.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nomex posted:

The market hasn't softened fully yet. I've been watching for a trailer, and I'm going to wait until December to buy, unless something awesome comes up. I've been watching the sub-10k market, and 2008/2009s are starting to creep into the results.

that market might not soften a whole lot. with a dollar worth $1.35, it's easy shopping for americans.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

There seems to be a minuscule person trapped in your post :ohdear:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

McTinkerson posted:

AB:AI Ford party 💃! Are you slowly going to turn into Mathew McConaughey? I personally wouldn't say no if I could start channeling Mike Rowe.

It's already begun. I've started delivering impromptu asides in my sexy voice.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'm now imagining a Lincolnized Mustang...interesting...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

that market might not soften a whole lot. with a dollar worth $1.35, it's easy shopping for americans.

Yeah to be honest I'm not expecting the market to soften much. Consider that it was cheaper for me to buy a van with absolutely nothing wrong with it and do some minor modifications than it was to buy an enclosed trailer that would fit my kart

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

El Scotch posted:

I'm now imagining a Lincolnized Mustang...interesting...

Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop driving that

Hot.

Rod.

Lincoln.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Terrible Robot posted:

There seems to be a minuscule person trapped in your post :ohdear:

Phone post, I was curious to see what limitations the windows phone app had for characters.

Garage update: The single is now officially sold. I'm homeless until the second.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lincoln could be doing wonderfully nutty things with not a lot of money.

stick 2 2.7ebs together for a 5.4 quad turbo V12, stick it in the mustang platform with that 10 speed automatic. boom, done.

Although i guess it's easier to just take the flex, lop the top bit off to make a sedan, and call it a continental.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

McTinkerson posted:

Phone post, I was curious to see what limitations the windows phone app had for characters.

Garage update: The single is now officially sold. I'm homeless until the second.

Woooooooooooooo

Come polish my car

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

DrakeriderCa posted:

Woooooooooooooo

Come polish my car

All my supplies are packed away in a pod somewhere in a storage yard in Edmonton. You have my elbow grease tomorrow if you want it though. All I had planned was to hit the range and put some holes in paper.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

McTinkerson posted:

All my supplies are packed away in a pod somewhere in a storage yard in Edmonton. You have my elbow grease tomorrow if you want it though. All I had planned was to hit the range and put some holes in paper.

Sounds good. You point me at the right products and I'll let you drive the MKX :iia:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

He calls his penis MKX

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The thing that pisses me off about the MKX, is that if lincoln ever comes to their senses and makes a Mark IX coupe, there's really nowhere for them to go after that without looking dumb.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Jesus Christ I might start calling my penis MKX. This thing is amazing. I've never owned a modern luxury car before but this Is definitely one. There are so many little details about it that make me giggle.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How many ash trays does it have?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I just found this thread and all of this auction talk got me excited. I bought a '94 GMC Vandura 2500 panel van from a farm auction here in Lethbridge a couple years ago for $500, let it sit in my driveway while the band I had intended it to drive around disintegrated and broke up, and then sold it on kijiji a few months ago for $750. :hellyeah:

Right now I drive a last-model Grand Prix base but in my heart of hearts I want a GT or GTP Comp-G that I can fart around with. I've been following the kijiji prices but it didn't even occur to me to look through auctions.

So where do I look auctions-wise? Are there any other auctions aside from the Michener Allen ones that I should be aware of? Any idea when the listings for the mid October MA auctions get posted?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You closer to edmonton or calgary?

They usually add cars as they're processed starting about 2 weeks out. The calgary MA auction is smaller because there's also regal and graham in calgary. both of those have an auction every saturday with between 2 and 50 unreserved cars and a bunch of dealer junk. both actually have a big one this weekend. There's also the calgary parking authority auction in the middle of every month, but that's a little riskier as they make no guarantees of the legal status of the vehicles and you have to pay the tow bill to your driveway, you can't just plate it and leave.

Is there some emotional attachment or stockholm syndrome with the w-body?

You don't see the 5.3 cars too often because they don't push cars over the block and they usually get driven until the tranny explodes. looking at the recent results at michener(it doesn't specify yyc or yeg), the only gt or gtps that have gone through since july are an 02 GT coupe with 112k at $500, and a 00 GTP coupe at $1,450 at 197k. A 07-08 grand prix with 150k on it seems to be worth about $3500.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Dude hoards rotten conversion vans and lusts after W-bodies? It's like they finally found my long lost brother after all these years.

Of course it had to be Lethbridge.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Powershift posted:

Is there some emotional attachment or stockholm syndrome with the w-body?

Probably the latter. I never got into cars as a teenager because I totaled the first car I ever owned when I was 16, and was then priced out of being able to own/operate one until my early 20s because of the ridiculous insurance costs. Since then I've sort of gone with whatever I could afford, and the '04 Grand Prix was the first car I owned that was actually fun to drive. I have no idea where to go from there I'm just sticking with it because it's a safe bet. (I have a lot of catching up to do so forgive me if the things I'm stoked on are completely retarded.) I'd like to find something on par with the 04-07 GT/GTP, not necessarily a Grand Prix, so I wrote up a "recommend me a car!" post for the stupid questions thread and then realized not to post it there. :shobon:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Without hijacking too much, I haven't looked at the polls the last few days only to see the deadlock breaking with the NDP falling apart and the Liberals and CPC in a statistical tie? Is it the French debate that is killing Mulcair?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

slidebite posted:

Without hijacking too much, I haven't looked at the polls the last few days only to see the deadlock breaking with the NDP falling apart and the Liberals and CPC in a statistical tie? Is it the French debate that is killing Mulcair?

That's my understanding yeah. I've been completely underwhelmed with Mulcair the whole campaign, I wanted him to come out yelling and screaming since that's what everyone hyped him up to be. I like the liberal's platform more in every single way but making the Trudeau name a political dynasty makes me sick to my stomach so I still don't know if I can actually vote for them.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
C-51, though, dude. The NDP is the only game in town for actually repealing that poo poo; the Liberals voted for it while yelling about how sad they were to be coerced into voting for it.

We'll see how tonight's debate is. The Munk definitely hurt Mulcair, but he's a tough dude. He's been soft pedalling it this entire election because he's not running for leader of the opposition.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 2, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's going to be a perfect 33.3%/party vote split with the conservatives winning a majority.

If jack layton was still in charger, the NDP would probably be crushing it. a lot of people just flat out don't like mulcair, kind of like the effect ignatieff had on the liberals results.

It's a shame that parliament and the prime minister can't be put at odds beyond a minority government which ends up getting nothing done until the yearly election. It also guarantees we'll never seen a candidate like bernie sanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Holy poo poo been busy lately. 102 hours worked in the last 7 days hauling frac water.

I purchased a big sled deck with duck tail. 10' length and built from steel square tube. Solid unit but its heavy as all gently caress. 4 healthy men to lift it in, but now it's in my driveway with no way to remove it.

Thinking of taking it to the work yard and using a bobcat to lift it off. Never used a bobcat before. I'll post of pictures after I crumple the truck.