Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Oh wow I didn't know cyster was caydiem. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because wildstar lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I'm trying to make bad decisions but I don't even know where to go to download the game. I never bought it.

edit: oh I found it you have to hover over games at the top, then over wildstar, then there is a download button. It's probably smart that they hide it from initial sight.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

the place you would normally download it is spotty or down or whatever from maintainance, you can go here to download it if you hate yourself.

If you can't see the forums then you can go here but I figured people might want to see what it is instead of just immediately downloading it or something. Choice.

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Oh hey, Mr. WINNER is on right now.

Never forget

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Winner.gif and silent fang, together forever.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
"Actually I am very strong and powerful at rogue PVP and you are wrong about them" - caydiem "silent" fang

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

the fact that we keep posting in this thread almost guarantees that you're gonna play this game again when it's free

please do not joke like this in the WS thread

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I can't wait to get home from work tomorrow and have another bad mmo to choose from for wasting my life.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

the place you would normally download it is spotty or down or whatever from maintainance, you can go here to download it if you hate yourself.

If you can't see the forums then you can go here but I figured people might want to see what it is instead of just immediately downloading it or something. Choice.

Not even allowed to hate myself.

What fresh new hell is this?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Apparently you can get the cash shop currency just by killing poo poo at random. I wonder how that's gonna work.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Xolve posted:

Not even allowed to hate myself.

What fresh new hell is this?

Everybody at Carbine forgot that their mega-servers are actually just normal servers that they had to pretend were mega-servers. They started to believe the delusions of their fans.

Also game isn't supposed to be up for like 20 more minutes.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Bombogenesis posted:

Everybody at Carbine forgot that their mega-servers are actually just normal servers that they had to pretend were mega-servers. They started to believe the delusions of their fans.

I mean, why just be an admiral, when you can be

Supreme Lord Admiral General.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Apparently you can get the cash shop currency just by killing poo poo at random. I wonder how that's gonna work.

An exploit will be found, half the playerbase will farm it for days, saving up enough currency to use for years to come, Carbine will realize they forget to develop the capability to roll their servers back and just half-assedly patch out the exploit telling players that it'll be fine in the long run.

That actually happened once already.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Saxophone posted:

An exploit will be found, half the playerbase will farm it for days, saving up enough currency to use for years to come, Carbine will realize they forget to develop the capability to roll their servers back and just half-assedly patch out the exploit telling players that it'll be fine in the long run.

That actually happened once already.

eh, that would be different just because it's straight money out of carbine's pocket, rather than just some badges of justice or w/e they were called

whether they could actually fix it, though, :shrug:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
Who is caydiem? I assume she did something bad in wow.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

old community manager, some people are probably angry at her because that's what nerds do at community managers

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Cyron posted:

Who is caydiem? I assume she did something bad in wow.

She was a CM for wow and represented the Rogue class. Someone found out who her in-game character was and her armory showed she was using some crap weapon. Cue everyone collectively losing their poo poo about how she doesn't know how to rogue because obviously nobody ever equips weapons other than to min/max.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

biznatchio posted:

She was a CM for wow and represented the Rogue class. Someone found out who her in-game character was and her armory showed she was using some crap weapon. Cue everyone collectively losing their poo poo about how she doesn't know how to rogue because obviously nobody ever equips weapons other than to min/max.

Ah so it like in GW2 where people raged out that one of the devs play a signet warrior and everyone got mad because he wasn't the meta.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

biznatchio posted:

Close... You forgot the part where she didn't think that rogues need buffs and her metric was that she does really well in pvp. Turns out she was using THE worst rogue weapons for pvp, because they were pretty much the fastest weapons out and rogues wanted slow wraps at the time. Sure people make mistakes building your character but when the person working for the company that makes the game is making wrong judgements and calls about building the class they are representing then that should raise some eyebrows.

Also wildstar is bad.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 29, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Gotta admit the trailer for this is pretty slick. Def gonna pull in a bunch of League players and casuals

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I can't even access my account to deal with the authentication on my account since I got a new phone.

It all makes sense...two-step verification was never to stop gold farmers, it was to stop me from playing this game again

Thanks, Past Me :unsmith:

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Rasmussen posted:

Close... You forgot the part where she didn't think that rogues need buffs and her metric was that she does really well in pvp. Turns out she was using THE worst rogue weapons for pvp, because they were pretty much the fastest weapons out and rogues wanted slow wraps at the time. Sure people make mistakes building your character but when the person working for the company that makes the game is making wrong judgements and calls about building the class they are representing then that should raise some eyebrows.

Also wildstar is bad.

To be fair, the devs had zero clue how to play WoW for like 3 years. Some random person was the one who was like "hey weapon skill is good, here's some math" and pretty much all caster gear just had intellect, which at the time only increased mana pools.

Hell I still don't think they know how to play monks at all, and it's been a couple years since they came out.

E: My 1k queue hasn't moved at ALL.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Velthice posted:

you're missing an important criteria here:

It is literally impossible for a game that is not Wildstar to be less lovely than Wildstar.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

I'm obviously in the minority here but I hope they fixed a lot of bad things about this game and it becomes fun because I loved the aesthetics of the end game and hope I can find a raid group/stomach to play it long enough. :unsmith:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

West Ham Sandwich posted:

E: My 1k queue hasn't moved at ALL.

I'm hanging at character creation. Forever.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

what the gently caress?

the lion king is still on broadway? is that sign for the musical?

The Lion King musical is one of the most successful stage productions in the history of human civilization

it will be on Broadway basically forever, because it just keeps making money

(unlike Wildstar)

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Boy this f2p launch is thrilling.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
That's a pretty snazzy trailer

Kinda wish the game itself looked that good

Cyster I smack because I like seeing games get better

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I'm obviously in the minority here but I hope they fixed a lot of bad things about this game and it becomes fun because I loved the aesthetics of the end game and hope I can find a raid group/stomach to play it long enough. :unsmith:

It may well be that they have (I mean they've had plenty of time), but the minute I read that bolded part all the cat herding bullshit and attunement spreadsheet came bubbling back. I think I've just been spoiled by wow's flex raiding and wowgoons's signup apps and multiple raid groups.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Seems i can create a guy on the pvp server but not pve.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Minsky posted:

It may well be that they have (I mean they've had plenty of time), but the minute I read that bolded part all the cat herding bullshit and attunement spreadsheet came bubbling back. I think I've just been spoiled by wow's flex raiding and wowgoons's signup apps and multiple raid groups.

True, and the conversion from 10m heroic to 20m mythic is what made most of my raid group fall apart in WoW (also something about Warlords being total poo poo, IDK) but god drat I go on and on to anyone that will listen about the aesthetic of this game being so good. The genetic archives area and the last couple zones, it was just like the sci-fi mmo poo poo I'd kind of always wanted between how good the music was and how cool some of the areas were (to me.)

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Wiltsghost posted:

Seems i can create a guy on the pvp server but not pve.

it's almost like no one actually likes open world pvp

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like open world pvp but I'm also a terrible person

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

True, and the conversion from 10m heroic to 20m mythic is what made most of my raid group fall apart in WoW (also something about Warlords being total poo poo, IDK) but god drat I go on and on to anyone that will listen about the aesthetic of this game being so good. The genetic archives area and the last couple zones, it was just like the sci-fi mmo poo poo I'd kind of always wanted between how good the music was and how cool some of the areas were (to me.)

It's a very pretty game and I never had any performance issues on max settings, but I had trouble making a character I was happy with because of the insane barbie proportions.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Open world pvp was cool and great until the exile population outnumbered us to hell and back and it became a matter of summoning half the guild just to contest the non-bugged world events required for attunement.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Got in on my warrior from launch and oh god Thayd is a hellhole of lag right now. Also the minimap immediately crashed, so good job on fixing your awful UI Carbine.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Bombogenesis posted:

Got in on my warrior from launch and oh god Thayd is a hellhole of lag right now. Also the minimap immediately crashed, so good job on fixing your awful UI Carbine.

Is there a ton of people or is it just bad coding? because I am leaning to bad coding.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Both I'd wager. Still can't make new characters but Thayd is pretty drat packed with people, at least on the PvE server.

quote:

Hello!

We are aware that players are currently experiencing an issue that prevents new character creation. Our team is investigating, and we will keep you updated in this thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Team WildStar

How long was this in beta for? I know a beta can't really 100% replicate a full on live launch but this one seems to be kind of a big bug?

Bombogenesis fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 29, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

bad coding + a bunch of people making their terrible code strain even more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Bombogenesis posted:

Both I'd wager. Still can't make new characters but Thayd is pretty drat packed with people, at least on the PvE server.

How long was this in beta for? I know a beta can't really 100% replicate a full on live launch but this one seems to be kind of a big bug?

It a bug, to stop people from playing your game, wait this is a great bug!

• Locked thread