Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

joepinetree posted:

No, Mulder got convinced by Kritschgau that the entire Alien plot was intentionally created as a distraction to cover experiments that were really being conducted by the government.

Right, I know what convinced Mulder, but what I was getting at is there was a lot of other poo poo happening at the time that primed him for a sudden loss of faith once he was shown some "proof." I actually just hit those episodes last night and I think it makes sense for what's going on with his character towards the end of season four and beginning of season five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Paradoxish posted:

Right, I know what convinced Mulder, but what I was getting at is there was a lot of other poo poo happening at the time that primed him for a sudden loss of faith once he was shown some "proof." I actually just hit those episodes last night and I think it makes sense for what's going on with his character towards the end of season four and beginning of season five.

It was also the same season when he questioned the fate of his sister, as he had good reason to believe she was just abducted and killed.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

It was also the same season when he questioned the fate of his sister, as he had good reason to believe she was just abducted and killed.

Speaking of which, Kumail just released a new X-Files Files where they talk about "Paper Hearts." Great episode!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

been binging through this show on and off lately, i'm halfway through season 4. One of my favorite motw episodes that nobody in this thread seems to talk about is soft light, mostly just because I loving love Tony Shalhoub.

Also loved Red Museum. Started off as just another ho-hum motw episode and then suddenly it's about alien DNA and poo poo like whoaaaaaa. This show rules

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mabels big day posted:

been binging through this show on and off lately, i'm halfway through season 4. One of my favorite motw episodes that nobody in this thread seems to talk about is soft light, mostly just because I loving love Tony Shalhoub.

Also loved Red Museum. Started off as just another ho-hum motw episode and then suddenly it's about alien DNA and poo poo like whoaaaaaa. This show rules

Soft light is great. Any episode that has X in it is automatically badass.

I just finished the Emily two parter last night. I forgot how much Scully gets poo poo on in seasons 4/5.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
The Dreamland 2-parter is excellent. I watched it for the first time recently. Afterwords I got the joke about the waterbed from Monday, which I had watched a few weeks prior.

But why didn't they have Duchovny playing Fletcher and McKeen playing Mulder? That would have been so much better than playing it so the audience can always see the characters in their original bodies. It's like all the other fictional characters get to see Mulder acting weird and saying awful poo poo and only the audience is left out of the fun.

Also, Since I watched Better Call Saul recently as well, Dreamland chalked up as another Breaking Bad farm episode.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
According to Cracked, Agent Fox Mulder Is A Goddamned Maniac (scroll down to #1).

Hey, it's just a TV show.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Small Potatoes was a work of art.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

mabels big day posted:

Small Potatoes was a work of art.

Basically any episode Vince Gilligan had a hand in was loving top tier TV.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
You know, what kind of name is Mulder, anyway? What is that, like, Jewish?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

MariusLecter posted:

You know, what kind of name is Mulder, anyway? What is that, like, Jewish?

quote:

Dutch: occupational name from mulder 'miller'.German: occupational name for a maker of wooden bowls, from Middle High German mulde 'bowl', 'trough', 'tub' + the agent suffix -er.variant of Müller (see Mueller).

Not sure how to make this fit aliens and monsters.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I Want to Bowlieve

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's funny how when you binge-watch you start noticing them reusing actors. Nicholas Lea is a victim in Gender Bender before he shows up later as Krycek, and the girl who plays Roland's girlfriend shows up later in 2Shy as the roommate.

Speaking of Roland, Zeljko Ivanek knocks that performance out of the park.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

What really stood out to me during my rewatch was the sheer number of actors that I recognized from Stargate SG-1 episodes showing up in secondary/guest roles during the Vancouver seasons. Canadian sci-fi! :argh:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mister Kingdom posted:

According to Cracked, Agent Fox Mulder Is A Goddamned Maniac (scroll down to #1).

Hey, it's just a TV show.

" has never actually officially solved an X-File in his life"
Dear Cracked, please take notice that in one episode Scully says their rating for successfully closed cases is like 70%, well above the FBI average, which is why the directorship hasn't been able to find an excuse to shut them down. :spergin:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Cracked is terrible and full of erroneous information? :nallears:

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Paradoxish posted:

What really stood out to me during my rewatch was the sheer number of actors that I recognized from Stargate SG-1 episodes showing up in secondary/guest roles during the Vancouver seasons. Canadian sci-fi! :argh:

My favorite Canadian minor character is the Baltimore police officer from Erlenmeyer Flask who has just a ridiculously strong and obvious Canadian accent. Like they don't even try to pretend.

Also he looks eerily similar to Bruce McCulloch

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I love that the smoking man, who is supposed to be the embodiment of American imperialism and the crimes of 5 administrations, is the most Canadian actor imaginable.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/YahooTV/status/647542626443468800

quote:

Heads up, X-Philes! Fox will debut a two-part trailer for @thexfiles on Monday, during @Gotham & @MinorityReport

Unnnggggg

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

They won't trick me into watching Gotham though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Were the visions of the demon in 'Irresistible' supposed to mean that the fetishist killer is an actual demon, or that it's metaphorical and the people who see him just interpret him that way? I always felt it came across as the latter, but either way there's no suspicion of a supernatural component from any of the characters, so it's really not an X-File at all.

edit: I'm saying without the context of Orison as a follow-up. I was never sure how to interpret the episode on its own before they decided to bring back that plot.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 26, 2015

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm just gonna wait for some kind soul to post the links to the trailers in this thread. Excited though!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
NEW trailer out tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1K0e2Juvf0

NO THAT'S NOT A TEAR IN MY EYE. IT'S JUST THIRTEEN YEAR OLD ME FREAKING OUT FROM THE INSIDE.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I'm just so happy right now.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I hope the 1940s UFO crash stuff means we're finally going to get an episode that deals with Roswell directly. For such a central event in American UFO culture, and really conspiracy culture in general, I always thought it strange that the show tiptoed around it for the most part.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Both parts.

https://youtu.be/RUAJJvCd2G0

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Oh shiiiiiiit

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

I will need a copy of this on VHS. It is the only way I can fully appreciate it, for reasons!

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Mulder's office still has a bunch of pencils stuck in the ceiling!

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
How the hell is CSM still alive?! He was shot by helicopter missiles and engulfed in fire! Maybe they decided to just hope everyone's forgotten all about the terrible series finale. It would probably be for the best, I guess.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick
Was that a Roswell flashback I saw? Holy poo poo I am so excited for this. CSM retcon (or whatever crazy explanation they give for his survival/resurrection), this looks amazing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
HYPED

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Exploder posted:

Was that a Roswell flashback I saw? Holy poo poo I am so excited for this. CSM retcon (or whatever crazy explanation they give for his survival/resurrection), this looks amazing.

He had to stay alive to make sure the Bills never win the superbowl.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
He may just be around for flashbacks. AFAIK no one's seen him filming scenes with Mulder or Scully.

Krenzo
Nov 10, 2004
Jeremiah Smith accidentally made him immortal when he cured his lung cancer.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

He is dead, and now only exists in Mulder's head, like Tyler Durden.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

head58 posted:

He is dead, and now only exists in Mulder's head, like Tyler Durden.

This except he's actually an evil ghost on an alien chip in Mulder's left rear end cheek

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Only if he keeps showing up in Hawaiian shirts.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mange Mite posted:

This except he's actually an evil ghost on an alien chip in Mulder's left rear end cheek

Not even an evil alien conspiracy would dare blemish those cheeks.

It's Scully in disguise to motivate Mulder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Ummm... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeD7VEkekY

58 seconds in, possible Fringe tie-in?

• Locked thread