Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

I'm being offered Brandon Marshall for Arizona D. I am playing the guy offering next week which is the only reason I'm hesitating on this. I've got the Rams D as well right now so I should be good, I just don't want this to come bite me in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I take that trade in any form.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Trade a defense for a usable player 10 times out of 10

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

punch drunk posted:

I'm being offered Brandon Marshall for Arizona D. I am playing the guy offering next week which is the only reason I'm hesitating on this. I've got the Rams D as well right now so I should be good, I just don't want this to come bite me in the rear end.

loving do it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ty1990 posted:

loving do it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

Alex Smith is gutless trash and I am halfway contemplating selling Kelce in dynasty just to wash my hands of this cat-vomit team.

Just won my dynasty game because of Kelce's production tonight by 1.60, GB's def also helped.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Finally, I'm on the correct side of a 'highest scoring team plays against second-highest scoring team' match.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Abugadu posted:

Finally, I'm on the correct side of a 'highest scoring team plays against second-highest scoring team' match.

:hfive:

I also had Legarette Blount and Jeremy Maclin on the bench! :buddy:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
God damnit the Lacy non-injury ended up loving me pretty bad now that the McCoy news and Karlos's big game have happened. I dropped Williams to pick up Starks just in case, and I doubt I'll be able to get him back since I'm 9th on waivers. At least everyone in my league's fairly set on QB's so I have an outside shot at picking up Tyrod off waivers tomorrow since I had Ben. Real shitshow of a season so far and we're freaking 3 weeks in.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Antonio Brown - how much are we worried about him with Big Ben's injury? This team has me worried.

QB - Tyrod Taylor, Sam Bradford
WR - Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Brandin Cooks, Vincent Jackson
RB - CJ Anderson, Chris Ivory, Gio Bernard, Todd Gurley, Ronnie Hillman, Ryan Mathews
TE - Heath Miller

Totally carried by AB and Julio to a 2-1 record but I can't handle another 2.7 point week from CJ. I have too many RB2s in RBBC's and I'm thinking of trying to trade AB for better RBs. Ive got an offer of Dion Lewis and Matt Forte, and I'm seriously considering it. I would then try to package Mathews and Ivory or something for another upgrade. Am I over reacting to getting 2.7 points from CJ + Ivory this week?

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

cheese posted:

Am I over reacting to getting 2.7 points from CJ + Ivory this week?

That's just CJ, Ivory was effectively inactive.

If I had Antonio and Julio I would never trade either of them away.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Not me, but my main league:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Steven Hauschka for Dan Bailey
Jordan Reed for Tyler Eifert
Tyrod Taylor for Russell Wilson

Picking up all these off waivers. Is it smart? I already have Andy Dalton

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Surely you have worse players to drop than Russell Wilson and Tyler Eifert.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RBX posted:

Steven Hauschka for Dan Bailey
Jordan Reed for Tyler Eifert
Tyrod Taylor for Russell Wilson

Picking up all these off waivers. Is it smart? I already have Andy Dalton

Is this an 8 team league? How are all these players available?

They're all worthy adds but not for what you're dropping.

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

Would you take these trades?

Brady and Lacy for Bell
Brady and Lacy for AP

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
So prior to last weekend the highest I remember anybody ever scoring in our league was like 210 or so, I got 216.5 this weekend. Son of a bitch I was up against did 221. Nobody else in our entire league was even close to our dumb rosters lol, this drat game.

Edit:
And to add insult to injury I didn't even see that this same drat discussion was had earlier on the page!

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 29, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah its 8 team. The poeple i'm with are mostly friends and family, only like a few of us actually pay attention.

This is my team

Here's an example opponent

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
God help me I'm thinking of picking up Andy Dalton

I'm trying to hang onto Romo until he gets healthy and Rivers has been ehhhhh

Or Derek Carr, he's going against the Bears next week...

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Sep 29, 2015

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
12 team Yahoo league, non PPR

I have McCoy and Forte as my starters at RB but worried about McCoy not playing Sunday

I have David Johnson and Chris Johnson on my bench. The only decent RBs available are:

Lance Dunbar (DAL)
Bilal Powell (NYJ)
Chris Polk (HOU)
Knile Davis (KC)

Should I stick with the Johnsons or drop one for one of these guys?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chris Polk "decent" lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Keith Atherton posted:

12 team Yahoo league, non PPR

I have McCoy and Forte as my starters at RB but worried about McCoy not playing Sunday

I have David Johnson and Chris Johnson on my bench. The only decent RBs available are:

Lance Dunbar (DAL)
Bilal Powell (NYJ)
Chris Polk (HOU)
Knile Davis (KC)

Should I stick with the Johnsons or drop one for one of these guys?

Dunbar is bad outside PPR, Chris Polk is bad in all forms of the universe, Knile Davis is nothing but a handcuff and same with Powell. See what you can get for CJ2k?

I'd try to get ahold of Karlos Williams. He looks legit.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol nfl.com projecting Jamaal Charles for 2.7 points next week I mean I know the Bengals have a good D but :eyepop:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spoeank posted:

Dunbar is bad outside PPR, Chris Polk is bad in all forms of the universe, Knile Davis is nothing but a handcuff and same with Powell. See what you can get for CJ2k?

I'd try to get ahold of Karlos Williams. He looks legit.

Yeah thanks dude- I basically came to the same conclusion about those guys. Williams got snapped up last week and everyone hoards RBs in my league. No one ever trades either but I'll see if someone has a decent guy on their bench. I've got Witten, Kendall Wright and Garçon as potential trade bait. Also Carson Palmer and Cam Newton and I guess I could trade one of them

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
I just got offered M. Lynch and V. Jackson for my Julio Jones and Antonio Brown.

Seems like a straight-forward "no thank you" to me.

Or am I being silly for thinking that A. Brown will continue to do well (not as well?) without the Big Rape?

Tortilla Maker fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Sep 29, 2015

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Also, the LeGarrete Blount trade last week feel through, which I guess I should be happy about?

My Blount for his Palmer.

(quote is not edit...)

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Tortilla Maker posted:

I just got offered M. Lynch and V. Jackson for my Julio Jones and Antonio Brown.

Or am I being silly for thinking that A. Brown will continue to do well (not as well?) without the Big Rape?

That other guy is either taking the piss or completely delusional. Lynch is having an MRI on his hamstring, who knows how hosed up he really is. In terms of fantasy, he's a liability right now. And even if Brown's production dips for a few weeks, it's not going to outright tank. As for V. Jackson, I had to look up who the hell that is.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

lol nfl.com projecting

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Of course Dion "Sims" Lewis is on bye.

of COURSE

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Tortilla Maker posted:

Tip for winning at fantasy football: Don't trade two non qbs averaging over 20 points a week for two non qbs averaging 7 points a week, one of which who is injured.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Thank you Kaep and the 49ers for giving the Cardinal Defense a billion points and helping to make me lose by 10. :argh:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

Speaking of dynasty leagues, I'm wondering if picking up Thomas Rawls as a speculative pick before Sunday is a smart move. If he gets a decent amount of carries vs. an abysmal Chicago run Defense, he could be a hot dynasty commodity.

God dammit.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Speaking of Rawls,

LOLBACKUP QB AND TE'S RIGHT

Is there anyone you guys would drop for maybe Karlos Williams or Rawls? I once had a good versatile group of RB2's to choose from 2 weeks ago, and now more than half are currently suffering some type of ailment/bye/dumbshit. Am i overthinking this and should just start Woodhead and Ivory/Spiller and hope they get me decent numbers?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Sep 29, 2015

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

cheese posted:

That is a lot of players who could score a lot of points this season for Hill. Who are you dropping to make room?

DeAngelo Williams and Sam Bradford. I'm going for it, I'm done with Hill. Don't think I could handle it if he ruined one more week for me. Cheers guys! Lets go CJ Anderson!!!!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

zeldadude posted:

Cheers guys! Lets go CJ Anderson!!!!

The battle cry of every pre-Columbian galleon that has sailed to the end of the world only to fall into the abyss.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Is Forte worth pursuing?

It's definitely time to make a buy low offer since the Bears stink on ice. There's also trade rumors floating around. So he either sticks with a Bears team that's only ok when Cutler is in or goes to some other mystery team. Is it worth a gamble?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Traveling so I can't do Trade Target Tuesday or Waiver Wire Wednesdays this week or next week. Somebody want to take up the mantle?

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
Thoughts on these trades?

Full PPR

Give Forsett get Mike Evans
Give Brees/Watkins get Cooks

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
With NE on a bye, I need to pick up a kicker and defense, meaning I have to drop two players. Note: 8-team league, so I don't have to be as worried about mediocre players being snagged.

Currently on my bench:
-Eli Manning
-Dez Bryant (:negative:)
-TY Hilton
-Amir Abdullah
-Melvin Gordon
-CJ Anderson (:negative:)
-Delaine Walker

I lean towards dumping Eli and either Gordon or Abdullah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
14 team Yahoo league, 0 PPR with an offer of HIS Garcon/Flacco for MY Crabtree/Ryan. Am I right in assuming this is a bad trade?

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 29, 2015

• Locked thread