Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eltoasto posted:

Naw, hobbies are just there to distract you from your impending death, along with the death of everyone you love and those who would remember your existence.

https://youtu.be/35LqQPKylEA?t=53s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Naw, hobbies are just there to distract you from your impending death, along with the death of everyone you love and those who would remember your existence.

They're actually there to dull the pain of all the things you're forced to do to stall your inevitable death and make it less painful.

Morbidmind
Feb 24, 2013
I came here to laugh at the pedophile jokes but now I'm bummed out.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

I dunno, doesn't it kinda make you feel like "Well I played this lovely Korean game but since all hobbies are stupid, it's not so bad"?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
so judging by the last two pages this game is dead and bad, is that correct

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Countblanc posted:

so judging by the last two pages this game is dead and bad, is that correct

The 2.0 fresh start server launch was really good and I am having fun. It's the way the game should have launched in the first place, but there are no goon guilds and it's not a game you are going to enjoy much solo. Think of this thread as a relic to a magical time a year ago.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just like diablo 3, I would play the game in its current state. Im not coming back after the shitstorm the launch was.

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
I'm also playing on East side Morpheus (new server) as Jerk. I am doing pretty well so message me if you need

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Eltoasto posted:

The 2.0 fresh start server launch was really good and I am having fun. It's the way the game should have launched in the first place, but there are no goon guilds and it's not a game you are going to enjoy much solo. Think of this thread as a relic to a magical time a year ago.

it's like the fourth of july, and we need someone to pretend to out themselves as a pedophile so we can celebrate meltdown october every year. we could do it like what the british do on guy fawkes day.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eltoasto posted:

i like/prefer group stuff, but do you mean "2-3 friends playing together" or "you need a guild to not hate the game post level 10"?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

it's like the fourth of july, and we need someone to pretend to out themselves as a pedophile so we can celebrate meltdown october every year. we could do it like what the british do on guy fawkes day.

We had a real one in the FFXIV thread.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
was he playing a lalafel or a catgirl?

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Important ArcheAge Account Notification

Greetings Adventurer,

You may have recently noticed an accidental reactivation of your ArcheAge subscription. As we were celebrating our release of Update 2.0, we offered everyone 7 days of free patron time to come and enjoy the world of Erenor. Unfortunately, this free time triggered a bug that accidentally restarted ArcheAge subscriptions for anyone who had their subscription end due to failed payments. Your account was one that was affected, and we’re sorry about this surprise!

Our team has already cancelled your subscription, and we are issuing a refund to your account immediately. No action is required from you in order to receive this refund, and it will appear on your statement within 2 to 3 business days. At the same time, our team has caught the bug that caused this, and we’re currently working on fixing it to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

If you ever have any questions regarding your account, please contact us at http://support.trionworlds.com. If you want to make edits or changes to your account, visit our account management website at http://store.trionworlds.com.

We hope you are doing well, and having fun in the games you are playing! May Nui smile upon you!

Sincerely,

- The ArcheAge Team

Mother fuckers charged my account.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The Bunny posted:

Greetings Adventurer,

You may have recently noticed an accidental reactivation of your ArcheAge subscription. As we were celebrating our release of Update 2.0, we offered everyone 7 days of free patron time to come and enjoy the world of Erenor. Unfortunately, this free time triggered a bug that accidentally restarted ArcheAge subscriptions for anyone who had their subscription end due to failed payments. Your account was one that was affected, and we’re sorry about this surprise!

Our team has already cancelled your subscription, and we are issuing a refund to your account immediately. No action is required from you in order to receive this refund, and it will appear on your statement within 2 to 3 business days. At the same time, our team has caught the bug that caused this, and we’re currently working on fixing it to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

If you ever have any questions regarding your account, please contact us at http://support.trionworlds.com. If you want to make edits or changes to your account, visit our account management website at http://store.trionworlds.com.

We hope you are doing well, and having fun in the games you are playing! May Nui smile upon you!

Sincerely,

- The ArcheAge Team

Any chance this "bug" appeared just as they pulled data for their quarterly report?

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

just like diablo 3, I would play the game in its current state. Im not coming back after the shitstorm the launch was.

It could somehow become the best MMO on the market and still I doubt I'd come back because of how Trion has handled everything. Probably the worst PR I've seen in an MMO yet.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ruffz posted:

It could somehow become the best MMO on the market and still I doubt I'd come back because of how Trion has handled everything. Probably the worst PR I've seen in an MMO yet.

right, the game is good but trion is poo poo

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Well, kind of late but finally sold everything and cashed out. Surprisingly made back not a bad sum of money too.

Now, what mmo game should I waste all my money on.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Remember when Trion was good?

Y'know...for six months when Rift came out?

wfwon posted:

Well, kind of late but finally sold everything and cashed out. Surprisingly made back not a bad sum of money too.

Now, what mmo game should I waste all my money on.

Marvel Heroes forever.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ruffz posted:

RIP Age of Wushu.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Degs posted:

Remember when Trion was good?

Y'know...for six months when Rift came out?

Marvel Heroes forever.

I remember playing the Shaman soul in Rift and keybind every ability I had to one key and facerolling to rank 6 with zero effort, yes.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The Bunny posted:

Greetings Adventurer,

Sincerely,

- The ArcheAge Team

You didnt remove every scrap of payment info you could?

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I think somebody posted many months ago that Trion had issues with unauthorized billing in RIFT. I didn't want to risk giving them another cent for this garbage, so I removed everything I could from the billing page.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
If you still have stuff in this game on Aranzeb I'm more than happy to take it. I still enjoy it in a casual kind of way. Mail whatever to Browalker

Bozonofski
Sep 22, 2009

Finndo posted:

If you still have stuff in this game on Aranzeb I'm more than happy to take it. I still enjoy it in a casual kind of way. Mail whatever to Browalker

Likewise, just started playing again. As bad as this game is it's still a load of fun for some reason. Any goons still playing add me in game: Bozar

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Give all your stuff to Windsong, that he may live eternal

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

For some reason I enjoyed Archeage's gliders more than regular flight in other MMOs. It was a lot of fun just finding the biggest climbable mountain and gliding over the zone.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

It was definitely one of the highlights of the game.

Next sandbox game better have gliders and boats.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Figuring out how to drive your boat underwater and get stuck in a whirlpool of your own creation only to SHOOT OUT OF THE WATER LIKE A GODDAMN WHALE AND SLAM BACK DOWN ONTO THE SURFACE was a lot of fun. Also piracy and stealing fish.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Unguided posted:

For some reason I enjoyed Archeage's gliders more than regular flight in other MMOs. It was a lot of fun just finding the biggest climbable mountain and gliding over the zone.

What other MMOs have "regular flight"?

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

What other MMOs have "regular flight"?

WoW's flying mounts and Aion's wings that were on a timer immediately come to mind here.

And yeah, give me a new MMO with player housing, boats, and gliders and I'll be happy.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Taran posted:

WoW's flying mounts and Aion's wings that were on a timer immediately come to mind here.

And yeah, give me a new MMO with player housing, boats, and gliders and I'll be happy.

It's not new, and there's no gliders, but have you ever played Ultima Online? It's getting a new expansion soon

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

We'd better stop talking about the things that were fun in this game. Next thing you know some of the weaker willed goons will be reinstalling. I'll just hope some other game comes along that takes the good parts of ArcheAge and builds on it, and isn't run by some dipshit company like Trion.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Careful, this will turn into the Wildstar thread where all the people who spent months talking poo poo about the game immediately reinstalled for F2P to ironically continue calling the game poo poo.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ArcheAge is cool and good and owns

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Careful, this will turn into the Wildstar thread where all the people who spent months talking poo poo about the game immediately reinstalled for F2P to ironically continue calling the game poo poo.

IMO there is nothing wrong with playing for free for a few hours to wring whatever fun out of the game that you can. It only becomes retarded if you start spending money on it again.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought more credits

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought more credits

i slammed my dick in a door

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought more credits

You're a compassionate man, representing 100% of Trion's AA transactions this month in the US.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The guild wars expo has gliders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Angela Christine posted:

IMO there is nothing wrong with playing for free for a few hours to wring whatever fun out of the game that you can. It only becomes retarded if you start spending money on it again.

They'd have to remove the subscription requirement for owning land for it to even be worth reinstalling. I don't foresee them ever doing that.

• Locked thread