Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I know sound doesn't travel in space, that's why we flood the space between our ships with a sound-transmitting gas or foam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Maybe we can anti-disco by trying to do a cover of it?
Be all "Ok robo-daddyo, you got the right idea.", and start trying to belch out our takes on the best disco has to offer until they can't stand anymore.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Anti-disco, turn a discoball inside out.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

You weirdos, the treacherous secret weapon part of this battle has already happened. I just wanted your ideas on how to run the fight itself. You'll see what I mean in a sec.

Update

Meet the new crew:
Weapons

Navigation

Shields

Engines

They're ... OK I guess. Croc special abilities can be good but if we were playing this properly there'd be very little chance of getting the right croc in the right place. Like I said before we're going random from now on so be nice to these guys, unless you don't feel like it. I roll Garrrrrn's random stats and he get 6 expertise and 1 fist for this sector.

Here's where we left off:

Space ship batles are handled like a regular fight, but with a bunch of extra rules which I won't get into again right here. Usually the goal would be to knock a ship's hull to 0, but in this case we just have to get the shields down because SuGaBA has a plan.

As soon as the fight starts we empty the Cloaca, covering ourselves and the space around us in filth. This allows us to get the drop on them and we fire first, hitting them, knocking their shields out and tracing a melty line into their hull with the Meson Beam Cutter. This scores three critical hits.

Here's the critical hit page of the book, it's gives a good idea of why we should avoid being shot at too much.

We also roll on this chart for enemy ships .Our first two shots don't do anything useful but the last damage destroys their shields completely. If the fight was going to continue after this it would matter, but since the shields are down we turn to 223 :

With the fight won we have to decide what to do next but first we check for a CRAPULENCE increase. All the new crew are fine but Pew increases. He's now on 4. Total CRAPULENCE is a manageable 9.

Anyway there are a few decent things to check out in this system, let me know what you want to do next. When we check out of here it'll be towards Atlas, a nasty chokepoint along the way to the Void Nebula.

Current starship manifest:

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 29, 2015

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

loot the disco ship

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Begin Looting. Hell, maybe we can try to mount their weapons on our ship, make us more powerful.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

loot the disco ship

Obviously this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Loot the ship and then blow it to kingdom come. Scan surrounding area for other ingesting things to explore and then let's get the hell out of here.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Loot the Disco ship and see if SuGaBa can use any of it to interface with Galactus' the giant cosmic being's body. I.e., lets turn our ship into its new head.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Derek Dominoe posted:

Loot the Disco ship and see if SuGaBa can use any of it to interface with Galactus' the giant cosmic being's body. I.e., lets turn our ship into its new head.

A move that is Atma-esque in its grotesquery.
I second that we land in his neckhole and link the fiber-optic (or whatever SuGaBa uses) cables to the dead demigod's severed nerves, controlling him like a big meat puppet.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Loot and assume the Disco ship. Tuen the Disco Alliance into servitors SuGaBA controlled slavebots.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also, totally forgot about Pew.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Outrail posted:

Loot and assume the Disco ship. Tuen the Disco Alliance into servitors SuGaBA controlled slavebots.

Dear lord do not do this! SuGaBA would take over the ship and kill everyone on it with in seconds.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Outrail posted:

Yeah, this sounds good. That should give us a whole bunch of new crewmembers too.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dear lord do not do this! SuGaBA would take over the ship and kill everyone on it with in seconds.

Obviously you forgot about the safety protocols installed within SuGaBA, preventing it from killing any Caiman.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Applewhite posted:

meat puppet

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Derek Dominoe posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even see that one, gently caress it, Megazord time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Pyroi posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even see that one, gently caress it, Megazord time.

Use the SuGaBA slavebots to run it.

assemblyrequired
Jul 14, 2014

Derek Dominoe posted:

This must be done. Crocodile power rangers

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Loot and SCRAP all the discobots rip them apart piece by piece.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Loot and make sure to search for survivors from our dance troop. Two of them are worth the bother, and I don't like that warning about being "more careful" with our crew going forward, anyway. Careful isn't very Caiman at all.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Loot and make sure to search for survivors from our dance troop. Two of them are worth the bother, and I don't like that warning about being "more careful" with our crew going forward, anyway. Careful isn't very Caiman at all.

They've probably been discofied and are now half machine half caiman all shame.

E: do you really want to see that? It may make the away team throw up and be traumatized.

J.D.Salinate
May 18, 2014
Check out that monstrous giant corpse.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Loot the disco ship, and see if they have records indicating what the hell happened to space giant.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Al Borland posted:

They've probably been discofied and are now half machine half caiman all shame.

E: do you really want to see that? It may make the away team throw up and be traumatized.
If this was the case they would still retain their status as nobles and be potentially competent since they'd have competently made robot bits.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

If this was the case they would still retain their status as nobles and be potentially competent since they'd have competently made robot bits.

And considering we need an on board computer to do nearly anything for us, they wouldn't be much different really.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ok it looks like we're going to poke around in the Ganymed and find out what's been going on. Let's pick an away team. lost track of time, leaving this open for a bit longer

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 29, 2015

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Yeah, let's continue our grand Two-Fisted tradition of adorning ourselves and our transport with rotting flesh. Meat puppet away!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, thank god for our cloaca and the virus, that would have been a tough fight without them. It's a well-designed encounter; the odds are against you but you can make it trivial by pulling the right dirty tricks.

Another vote for boarding the disco goth ship. I dunno if I like the slavebot idea, though -- remember, the entire point of the virus is that it made the robots sullen and hard to coordinate. We don't need that headache.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
If the AI managed to gently caress with the programming by making them depressed I would think it is possible to unfuck it by replacing serving the caimen as their higher purpose. However, we have to be careful with giving the AI too much power.

I say we first salvage the ship for useful tech and then investigate the giant dead guy.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
redshirts, have them start looking, gently caress slaves, scrap the bots and turn them into weapons.

assemblyrequired
Jul 14, 2014

Al Borland posted:

redshirts, have them start looking, gently caress slaves, scrap the bots and turn them into weapons.

And then become a giant power ranger

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Welp, let's go with the Disco Alliance ship. This being a Two-Fisted Fantasy game you still have time to mess around with corpses later.
We need an away team. We have our senior officers, the redshirts and Haldians. I recommend we at least take the engineer given our energy situation.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Everything seems safe for the moment. Sent the captain, the engineer, one redshirt, and that sexy female officer.

WorldsStongestNerd fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 29, 2015

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
taking bets in my cabin on who returns

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Send captain, Spencer Digby, Luxury Yacht, and some slaves

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Obscil posted:

Sure why not.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nation posted:

taking bets in my cabin on who returns

Open a book on the teams survival. Let the team place bets on their teammates.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Obscil posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Update

Last page completed:

And beaming over to the Ganymed (401):

Another day passes, bringing us up to 10. By now the Haldus and Becrux systems have been overrun by the aliens that are pursuing us.

We're going with this lineup:

Obscil posted:

For once we can see all the available choices on the page, but if you prefer this might be a good time to crack out one of the expansion packs for the game. I have the "Blood and Treasure" pack which adds options during most of the boarding actions in the game, including this one. It's more or less a pamphlet of extra paragraphs that add a bit of risk and reward, and also it adds extra item and sometimes crew cards. We could choose an option from the expansion if you'd prefer to do that, although I'll leave it to you with good memories or a working copy of the game to recall what those options are.

Where should we start looting?

And the starship manifest:

Outrail posted:

Open a book on the teams survival. Let the team place bets on their teammates.

One of the Caimans still in the deck (Johnny Two Scorecards, so called for his notorious cheating at the whist table) is an inveterate gambler who does things like that, but it earns him a pretty regular beating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Half a day's wage on our survival and a full day's wage Spencer Digby bites it

• Locked thread