Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mordekai posted:

The majority of asylum seekers are young men.

The worst kind, out to take our jobs, steal our women and mooch on welfare. Send them back the lot I say, we only accept young girls in here. And no fatties either!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm not racist but these reffoes are totes going to radicalize and blow us all up if not rape all the white women (not racist).

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Starshark posted:

I'm not racist but these reffoes are totes going to radicalize and blow us all up if not rape all the white women (not racist).

Send them back into the very teeth of war, at least then they will use the proper explosives when bombing your nightclubs.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Friendly Tumour posted:

The worst kind, out to take our jobs, steal our women and mooch on welfare. Send them back the lot I say, we only accept young girls in here. And no fatties either!

That was not what I wrote. I answered this quote.

Friendly Tumour posted:

Separating families sounds like a great idea that won't have any negative consequences whatsoever. I'm sure the refugees are going to be thrilled too.

Here you imply that the migrant come as families, and that preferrably giving asylum to women and children will break up these families. Please correct me if I misunderstood you.

And you are really quick to attack people who correct you btw.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

Starshark posted:

"Much less likely to be radicalized". Uh-huh. Got a source for that?
Women and kids generally aren't the ones causing trouble and you know it.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sorry sorry, I have a bad habit of making jokes in the wrong places. Now what I meant was that you are incredibly retarded. God bless.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

Starshark posted:

Yes, they send the men over first who get their families later. The idea is the men do the dangerous work and try to get the rest of the family over by plane or similar.
It sure sounds like they're leaving a dangerous place if they leave the wife and kids behind, and not at all like a bunch of economic migrants.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Friendly Tumour posted:

If it isn't the fault of the refugees then they can't be held responsible for it. Is there any real point to the general making GBS threads on the refugees thing you got going here, or is it just 'gently caress the poors'? Because pointing out that refugees have a high unemployment rate without ever venturing close to the reasons for that case is kinda worthless. Unless of course one was looking for justifications for throwing rocks at them. Which I'm sure you're not doing at all.

Sigh. People have been venturing very close to the reasons all thread. I did in my post in reply to you.

That said, the average Swede or Finn or Austrian cannot be held responsible for the asylum seekers either. This needs to be an EU process everyone signs, or then it's each country on it's own. Not this weird hassle of hordes staggering from one country to the next until even that last one closed the borders because the amounts are impossible to cope with.

Sweden is opening 6 to 8 refugee centers a day right now, that would be up to new centers 2900 a year if this keeps up - and it will keep up unless EU together or individual countries by themselves make dramatic policy changes.

This sure as hell isn't just some weird "lol throw rocks at othar people" thing, it's just that European countries can't cope with the load right now and that won't go away and it won't be solved by people making accusations or hinting at racism or some other sentimental bullshit. It's really weird how half of D&D posters want to make just about everything a race or prejudice issue, forget the real life problems we are facing like "where does the infra come from?" but instead take great pleasure on talking of fascism and buying nazi avatars. This thread is a good example of just about nobody giving any ideas apart from "lol we can easily fit everyone into europe" or "but you only make that and that argument because hmmm, perhaps you are... racist".

In another view, I know some posters think Europe has a well night unlimited ability to cope with new migrants without dramatic changes to public spending, taxing and sooner or later serious employment and further down the line cultural problems, but what is going on right now is that we should build completely new cities every quarter or annually (if someone suggests "hey let the asylum seekers build those" - actually a good idea, but if you are at all familiar with the bureaucracies around, also quite impossible).

Many West European countries are planned to the tune of zero to no population growth, for example. They are not prepared for hundreds of thousands of new arrivals year in year out. From vastly different cultures to boot, with often no language or skills useful locally and to the nth time, no jobs even for their own citizens. This leaves us to the point we have only tent villages to offer very soon. And the people who are coming over were sold nice apartments in the big cities of Scandinavia, a new car, a job. They won't be happy. That's just how it is. Anyone can reduce all of this to some sort of "lol the racists" and "aaagh the right-wingg" argument but that is burying your head and half your torso in the sand.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mordekai posted:

That was not what I wrote. I answered this quote.

Here you imply that the migrant come as families, and that preferrably giving asylum to women and children will break up these families. Please correct me if I misunderstood you.

And you are really quick to attack people who correct you btw.

Only around 3/4 are male. So out of 100 refugees you are splitting up 25 families(assuming there is no wife sharing stuff going on), if you only take woman.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

tumblr.txt posted:

Women and kids generally aren't the ones causing trouble and you know it.

Plenty of female suicide bombers out there brah. Wait - what do you mean by 'causing trouble'? Raping white women?

tumblr.txt posted:

It sure sounds like they're leaving a dangerous place if they leave the wife and kids behind, and not at all like a bunch of economic migrants.

Yeah, why don't they just starve in Hellcamp, Lebanon. Beats me. While I've got your attention, you have any proof Australia stopped the boats because AFAIK it's an 'on water matter' and not talked about to anyone.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tumblr.txt posted:

Yeah! How dare these ingrates dare not to drag their families through a trail of tears where death waits with open arms in the bottom of the ocean. And with the warm welcome of teargas and nightsticks and barbed wire and rocks, all the effort we put into their welcoming party. I too, cannot understand why any loving father would not want their family to experience something like that. It's the family trip of a lifetime!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Oh poo poo. I see the same broken record started again.

"lol they take jerbs"
"heh they rapes white women"
"nobody is talking about raping white women, but i am now! rape rape rape rape - that that is my counter-argumant"
"you are a retard"
"racists racism (race)"
"send them back to war!!" (nobody wants to do that, and most of the ME isn't actually in a shooting or bombing war right now, it's Syria and parts of Iraq, oh and seriously less than half of the asylum seekers even come from Syria)
"lol at the idea someone could radicalize" (well that isn't a very good "argument", yeah)

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Ligur posted:

Oh poo poo. I see the same broken record started again.

"lol they take jerbs"
"heh they rapes white women"
"you are a retard"
"racists racism (race)"
"send them back to war!!" (nobody wants to do that, and most of the ME isn't actually in a shooting or bombing war right now, it's Syria and parts of Iraq, oh and seriously less than half of the asylum seekers even come from Syria)
"lol at the idea someone could radicalize" (well that isn't a very good "argument", yeah)

You are an actual racist and have been probated/banned for that very reason. You trot out the same arguments every racist who tries not to be dismissed out of hand uses. "They rape white women. Okay, that's racist... We can't find jobs for them, they're just unemployable! And not for racist reasons!"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

tumblr.txt posted:

Why don't those economic migrants understand? Their station's been chosen for them. Why do they try to escape it? Prosperity's for us.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ligur posted:

Sigh. People have been venturing very close to the reasons all thread. I did in my post in reply to you.

That said, the average Swede or Finn or Austrian cannot be held responsible for the asylum seekers either. This needs to be an EU process everyone signs, or then it's each country on it's own. Not this weird hassle of hordes staggering from one country to the next until even that last one closed the borders because the amounts are impossible to cope with.

Sweden is opening 6 to 8 refugee centers a day right now, that would be up to new centers 2900 a year if this keeps up - and it will keep up unless EU together or individual countries by themselves make dramatic policy changes.

This sure as hell isn't just some weird "lol throw rocks at othar people" thing, it's just that European countries can't cope with the load right now and that won't go away and it won't be solved by people making accusations or hinting at racism or some other sentimental bullshit. It's really weird how half of D&D posters want to make just about everything a race or prejudice issue, forget the real life problems we are facing like "where does the infra come from?" but instead take great pleasure on talking of fascism and buying nazi avatars. This thread is a good example of just about nobody giving any ideas apart from "lol we can easily fit everyone into europe" or "but you only make that and that argument because hmmm, perhaps you are... racist".

In another view, I know some posters think Europe has a well night unlimited ability to cope with new migrants without dramatic changes to public spending, taxing and sooner or later serious employment and further down the line cultural problems, but what is going on right now is that we should build completely new cities every quarter or annually (if someone suggests "hey let the asylum seekers build those" - actually a good idea, but if you are at all familiar with the bureaucracies around, also quite impossible).

Many West European countries are planned to the tune of zero to no population growth, for example. They are not prepared for hundreds of thousands of new arrivals year in year out. From vastly different cultures to boot, with often no language or skills useful locally and to the nth time, no jobs even for their own citizens. This leaves us to the point we have only tent villages to offer very soon. And the people who are coming over were sold nice apartments in the big cities of Scandinavia, a new car, a job. They won't be happy. That's just how it is. Anyone can reduce all of this to some sort of "lol the racists" and "aaagh the right-wingg" argument but that is burying your head and half your torso in the sand.

You're a racist though. But anyway, it's a really good thing that the Europeans governments are making it really easy for the refugees to find jobs and all and build cities for the flagrant housing shortage we've been suffering from in the past decades caused by our exploding populations and um... gently caress it there's a point in there somewhere, you figure this poo poo out. Peace!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Starshark posted:

You are an actual racist and have been probated/banned for that very reason. You trot out the same arguments every racist who tries not to be dismissed out of hand uses. "They rape white women. Okay, that's racist... We can't find jobs for them, they're just unemployable! And not for racist reasons!"

Except that I don't give a poo poo about the race of a person. Seems it occupies your mind quite a bit, along with raping white women. You don't have anything to offer to the discussion yourself. You just keep making up poo poo about what other people say about raping women or their real motives for posting or whatever, and then use condescending and arrogant one-liners as replies to something they didn't even say as your counter-point.

And heh at the idea that getting banned/probated on a humour forum as a proof of anything.

Well. It might be solid proof for you. Which sort of explains your posting.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ligur posted:

Except that I don't give a poo poo about the race of a person. Seems it occupies your mind quite a bit, along with raping white women. You don't have anything to offer to the discussion yourself. You just keep making up poo poo about what other people say about raping women or their real motives for posting or whatever, and then use condescending and arrogant one-liners as replies to something they didn't even say as your counter-point.

And heh at the idea that getting banned/probated on a humour forum as a proof of anything.

Well. It might be solid proof for you. Which sort of explains your posting.

:salt:
:butt:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
These race -dudes sure are quality posters with a great array of arguments, or anything to say to begin with :allears:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I'm Just Worried About The Economy

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Ligur posted:

These race -dudes sure are quality posters with a great array of arguments, or anything to say to begin with :allears:

I've already addressed your arguments the last time we went round. To sum, refugees will be employable eventually and even if for some reason they'll never get a job as long as they live, there's worse things than helping the unfortunate. You don't buy that because you're terrified of reffoes - as seen by the fact that you're gabbling on about this in three threads. In fact, I"m not sure you talk about anything else. Your facebook feed must be fun.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

DarkCrawler posted:

Women and children first is a myth and has never been applied in actual large scale emergencies where bunch of people need help, even if they have a penis.

Uhm some women and children have penises too, don't forget that

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ligur posted:

Jesus loving christ, just do the napkin math. Sit down and do it.

Normally Germany takes in around 700k-800k foreigners each year, which amounts to about 200k net immigration once you subtract emigration. Now, up until September there were 200k-250k registered refugees in 2015 and of these only around 20%-30% are actually from Syria& Afghanistan and will be allowed to stay as residents. That's (very) roughly 50k-100k people, a very high number and very expensive, but it's not the end of the western civilization and it gets dwarfed by the regular migration in and out of Germany each year.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I guess Finland's refugee crisis will solve itself when our economy crashes and refugees run back to Sweden.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Puistokemisti posted:

I guess Finland's refugee crisis will solve itself when our economy crashes and refugees run back to Sweden.

Your country has gently caress-all refugees (12000-odd Somali speakers which tells me that either the Somalis are integrating faster than the Finns think, or you have a handful of refugees), and I'll bet they'll take gently caress-all more. Your economy isn't going anywhere. :)

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
So how do you make the refugees give up their honor killing, headscarf wearing, no alcohol consuming and FGM practicing backwards ways?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

waitwhatno posted:

Jesus loving christ, just do the napkin math. Sit down and do it.

Normally Germany takes in around 700k-800k foreigners each year, which amounts to about 200k net immigration once you subtract emigration. Now, up until September there were 200k-250k registered refugees in 2015 and of these only around 20%-30% are actually from Syria& Afghanistan and will be allowed to stay as residents. That's (very) roughly 50k-100k people, a very high number and very expensive, but it's not the end of the western civilization and it gets dwarfed by the regular migration in and out of Germany each year.

Wow, an actual reply, in this thread :aaa: I've been fed numbers like this since early summer instead, which I why I thought Germany is doing something quite irregular as in closing borders. But let's say only 50k end up staying -> the families will follow. Still a piece of cake.

Agreed that is probably something which a powerhouse like Germany can handle. It sounds like Germany refuses a vast majority of asylum seekers a residence permit and send them off, do you have any statistics available? As a Finn that sounds quite amazing, we gave a residence permit to 45% in 2014 even though only some 15% were given asylum. I suspect Germany might receive bunch of internal (EU) refugees.

That housing thing? It's actually a problem in the Nordics. For example the large Swedish and Finnish cities where most asylum seekers end up sooner or later when and if they receive a permit have chronic housing issues. The countryside is getting a little empty with nice little row houses standing empty but nobody wants to live there. We're seriously hosed if Sweden starts sending 15-30k people a year over here. And Sweden? They are so terminally ill of housing prices have skyrocketed, I keep hearing young adults have to live with their parents like if it was Spain, are turning everything with a roof left to a center, and they are considering building a new barrack village just for asylum seekers. What will they do in 2016? Build 10 new barrack villages? After the people have been processed, where will those who stay be housed?

My worry is that 2015 is not some kind of temporary spike. If Syria dwindles, new internal conflicts will blow out close to Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa certainly will never run out of asylum seekers i.e. the situation is turning chronic, and I'm afraid that unless EU introduces policy changes it's going to be this in 2016, 2017 and so on.

If this blows out and everything turns to how it was between, say 2004 to 2011 I'll shut up about the whole thing.

edit:

Puistokemisti posted:

Or then it solves itself between KKK-cosplay men and the fact Iraqis notice they are not ending up in Helsinki anytime soon, much less with a job, but are housed in bumfuck bönde where there is very cold and no tea, cafes or bars and basically nothing but humming woods and the occasional car, and Panadol costs 20€, or what was it that one guy said.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 29, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

jonnypeh posted:

So how do you make the refugees give up their honor killing, headscarf wearing, no alcohol consuming and FGM practicing backwards ways?

Don't stick them in ghettos and actually spend money on bilingual schools and the like.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

computer parts posted:

Don't stick them in ghettos and actually spend money on bilingual schools and the like.

Agreed on first one, but what if they are already in a ghetto? How would a state solve that, short of measures resembling something out of a third reich or a socialist "workers paradise".

e: in Estonia the state is planning to house them all incoming refugees in many separate rural areas of Estonia. "Coincidentally" or not that means areas with little means of employment for anyone, foreigner or not.
e2: not sure why you mean bilingual. Most countries have one or two official languages, none of which are Arabic.

jonnypeh fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Sep 29, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

jonnypeh posted:

Agreed on first one, but what if they are already in a ghetto? How would a state solve that, short of measures resembling something out of a third reich or a socialist "workers paradise".

So your concern is about refugees that are already here? You would then want to emphasize my second point, while also allowing for new housing opportunities. If new minority communities form outside the ghetto, it makes it more likely that people will leave the ghetto.

kalven
Feb 17, 2006
I'm guessing this will vary a lot between nations, but at what percentage of employment is a group a net boost to the economy?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

jonnypeh posted:

Uh raising taxes to pay for social housing is neither third reich nor workers paradise. The German state owns some prime real estate in the big cities, there wont be ghettos if the state doesn't want them.

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006

The Real Foogla posted:

Uh raising taxes to pay for social housing is neither third reich nor workers paradise. The German state owns some prime real estate in the big cities, there wont be ghettos if the state doesn't want them.

By that I meant putting them onto trucks in middle of the night to take to camps far away to die. That's why I asked.

But won't new those new blocks of housing then become new ghettos? They must be spread out among the local population so the secularism starts working.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

jonnypeh posted:

But won't new those new blocks of housing then become new ghettos? They must be spread out among the local population so the secularism starts working.

Yes, correct.

Of course, the issue then becomes "will the White/native population still live in those same areas?" The US had the same issue in the 50s where you initially had mixed race housing but due to White Flight they became very mono-racial.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

jonnypeh posted:

By that I meant putting them onto trucks in middle of the night to take to camps far away to die. That's why I asked.

Uh... Why not just let them practice their religion?

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

Starshark posted:

Uh... Why not just let them practice their religion?

Because it's regressive as gently caress. If you don't like homophobia and are pro-feminist, Islam is your enemy.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ligur posted:

Wow, an actual reply, in this thread :aaa: I've been fed numbers like this since early summer instead, which I why I thought Germany is doing something quite irregular as in closing borders. But let's say only 50k end up staying -> the families will follow. Still a piece of cake.

I was going by official, published numbers which are not available for September yet. But lets say four times as many come till the end of the year, it's still not that much more in absolute terms.

Ligur posted:

Agreed that is probably something which a powerhouse like Germany can handle. It sounds like Germany refuses a vast majority of asylum seekers a residence permit and send them off, do you have any statistics available? As a Finn that sounds quite amazing, we gave a residence permit to 45% in 2014 even though only some 15% were given asylum. I suspect Germany might receive bunch of internal (EU) refugees.

Here are the official federal numbers for 2014 (in German)

https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Pressemitteilungen/DE/2015/01/asylzahlen_2014.html

202k applications overall. From the accepted, legit applications ~33k received asylum, ~7k received temporary residence for special reasons. 41k were refugees from Syria.

Ligur posted:

That housing thing? It's actually a problem in the Nordics. For example the large Swedish and Finnish cities where most asylum seekers end up sooner or later when and if they receive a permit have chronic housing issues. The countryside is getting a little empty with nice little row houses standing empty but nobody wants to live there. We're seriously hosed if Sweden starts sending 15-30k people a year over here. And Sweden? They are so terminally ill of housing prices have skyrocketed, I keep hearing young adults have to live with their parents like if it was Spain, are turning everything with a roof left to a center, and they are considering building a new barrack village just for asylum seekers. What will they do in 2016? Build 10 new barrack villages? After the people have been processed, where will those who stay be housed?

My worry is that 2015 is not some kind of temporary spike. If Syria dwindles, new internal conflicts will blow out close to Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa certainly will never run out of asylum seekers i.e. the situation is turning chronic, and I'm afraid that unless EU introduces policy changes it's going to be this in 2016, 2017 and so on.

If this blows out and everything turns to how it was between, say 2004 to 2011 I'll shut up about the whole thing.

Where do your poor people live? That's were the immigrants are gonna live now too.

German native birth rates have been below replacement rate since the 60s, so if the immigration stops Germany will probably collapse. How exactly the numbers will work out is really hard to tell, but yeah, it's probably gonna be a lot more migration over all. But there is no alternative, there is no way to keep our standard of living any other way and I don't see why it's a negative thing.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tumblr.txt posted:

Because it's regressive as gently caress. If you don't like homophobia and are pro-feminist, Islam is your enemy.

Says the guy banned for racism.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
No I haven't?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

tumblr.txt posted:

Coincidentally, it's also the enemy of misogynistic and homophobic Christians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tumblr.txt posted:

No I haven't?

Sorry, wrong racist! Carry on denigrating Islam!

• Locked thread