Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Something about the Fateful Findings trailer reminded me of another atrocious trailer which came out a while ago, maybe 5 years ago but perhaps longer?

All I can recall for certain is that it was nearly 100% indoors at what was purported to be a medical facility, more research than hospital, holy hell was everything white and gray on that set. Objects were levitating a bit and being spun around iirc, the acting was of course terrible, but I can't think of anything more specific to google with success. Does anyone happen to know what I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
That sounds like "After Last Season", which is astonishing for how boring it is.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Robert Denby posted:

That sounds like "After Last Season", which is astonishing for how boring it is.

Haha, that's exactly it. Shame it's boring, that was one of the first "holy hell it's so bad it's amazing" trailers I came across.

drat, that soundtrack is nearly identical to The Demon Rush. Perfectly awful.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 22, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This movie involves a woman reaching into the toilet to save pills that had been poured away. In any other movie this would be a crushing display of the dark and degrading nature of addiction. Here it's loving hilarious. All the oscars.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Please report back after you watch the press conference scene at the end. :allears:

"NOW YOU HAVE ALL THE TRUTHS."

This scene: THERE IS TOO MUCH TO SAY. It just keeps going; the whole sequence is like a demented carousel, oscillating from Neil Breen spouting complete nonsense about his hacked rock files, to the small gaggle of what I can only assume are his dead-eyed neighbors who've been duped into wearing their interview suits as they admit to vague truth crimes in front of a green screen.

And no matter what's actually happening, the same applause clip plays over and over throughout, but there's nobody there except for "I, and other insurance companies," "president of The Bank," and the other weirdly stoic members of the Suicide Club of Corruption. At one point the editing makes it look like the applause is coming from a wall of shrubs??? THEN THE SNIPER... who amounts to nothing. Breen just kinda looks vaguely in that direction.

I lost it progressively more each time that loving pistol was raised into the frame, though my favorite demise was probably the insurance guy's, because he obviously didn't even swallow the pills he put in his mouth. He overdosed in 3 seconds straight through his cheeks, gentle smile still on his face as he welcomed oblivion.

I wasn't drinking nearly heavily enough for this movie.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The press conference where Neil smiles and laughs warmly while people shoot themselves in the loving head in front of presumably dozens of applauding reporters and random people justifies the entire movie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm the president of the bank I did the crimes *shoots self to applause*

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm the president of the bank I did the crimes *shoots self to applause*

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm 15 minuets into Fateful Findings. Say what you will about The Room, but at least Tommy Weisu knows how to keep poo poo moving.

Edit: Yeah, this is getting hosed up, but still. MOVE FASTER! Give this to an editor that knows what their doing, you can get this down to maybe over an hour.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 22, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I just finished the movie and if I tried to describe it to someone the things coming out of my mouth would be indiscernible from the symptoms of a stroke

edit: I keep rewatching bits of the final speech and the cutting in and out of the applause is never not the funniest thing that's ever been put to film

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 22, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm 15 minuets into Fateful Findings. Say what you will about The Room, but at least Tommy Weisu knows how to keep poo poo moving.

Edit: Yeah, this is getting hosed up, but still. MOVE FASTER! Give this to an editor that knows what their doing, you can get this down to maybe over an hour.

Someone actually did a supercut of FF that was about half an hour or so.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"That fat immigrant's talking poo poo...see if you can slide your way around this bullet, fatso." :lol: gently caress John Rhys-Davies

I was waiting for them to bring up the weird Jordy video again once they started talking strange movie music videos.
Dirty Harry basically is Jason Voorhees yeah.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like how the Dirty Harry impression slowly changed into Abraxis by the end of the episode.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
You guys convinced me to watch Fateful Findings.

I don't know what I was expecting but it's simply astonishing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Good news! Someone also uploaded Neil Breen's Double Down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_eSGhRCdgo

Doesn't look like the one where he plays alien Jesus is on YouTube, though.

e: You need to watch at the very least to the 12 minute mark.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 23, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love WHM mailbags.

"I GOTTA poo poo"

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"I GOTTA poo poo"

I picture him saying that with eyes welled up with tears, and then running off into the bathroom and slamming the door.

The most emotional poo poo ever.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Good news! Someone also uploaded Neil Breen's Double Down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_eSGhRCdgo

Doesn't look like the one where he plays alien Jesus is on YouTube, though.

e: You need to watch at the very least to the 12 minute mark.

quote:

Neil Breen directs and stars as the world's greatest hacker for hire. His next assignment: to shut Las Vegas down. However, he'll have to battle his past demons, unless he wishes to compromise the mission.

I can tell by the description that too much is happening in this movie.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

I can tell by the description that too much is happening in this movie.

Don't worry, 90% of the stuff that's established never pays off. Or gets mentioned again.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Don't worry, 90% of the stuff that's established never pays off. Or gets mentioned again.

I...I don't wanna hear any interviews about this guy. I wanna believe this guy is MORE crazy than Tommy Weisue.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Indiana Jones and Doctor Chin's Magic Pills

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
The Devil's Advocate: come for the HOO-AAH, stay for Keanu's stupid accent.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I wished Keanu Reeves actually sounded like the guys' impression in the movie. Would've made the movie 100 times better

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

davidHalestorm posted:

I wished Keanu Reeves actually sounded like the guys' impression in the movie. Would've made the movie 100 times better

Sounds like Kenneth the Page.

One of the reasons I love WHM is because they're so good at bringing movies back to my consciousness that I once thought were amazing but are actually dogshit and fodder for humor. See also: Face/Off, Dragonheart.

1000 PANCAKES.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
What are some good episodes for characters they made up, like Martin Cinemax III or the door man from Three Man & a Baby? Or their sweet robot impressions in Stealth? I think I've listened to everything at least once but I'm drawing a blank.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

Illinois Smith posted:

What are some good episodes for characters they made up, like Martin Cinemax III or the door man from Three Man & a Baby? Or their sweet robot impressions in Stealth? I think I've listened to everything at least once but I'm drawing a blank.

Martin Cinemax III was from, I believe, Moontrap. Also from that episode, Tiny Die Hard, starting Walter Koening.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Cat's Eye for Louie Anderson's cat hot-dogs and Day After Tomorrow for a follow up Louie Anderson goof

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Catwoman had Michael Massee's Garbage Island, and let us never forget the horse in Pippi Longstocking

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I wish their Jim Belushi impression was a fictional character

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
How could you forget Cloudy in The Pallbearer?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

How could you forget Cloudy in The Pallbearer?

Aw it's ok, everyone forgets Cloudy :smith:

But also goddamn good episode today. I shamefully was just like them and, when I first saw it I was all "Oh my god this is ART" and then, ya know, I graduated high school and watched it again and said 'oh nooooo'.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

A Meat posted:

I wish their Jim Belushi impression was a fictional character

CYANONBALLLLL!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Illinois Smith posted:

Eric Movie

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

De Nomolos posted:

Sounds like Kenneth the Page.

One of the reasons I love WHM is because they're so good at bringing movies back to my consciousness that I once thought were amazing but are actually dogshit and fodder for humor. See also: Face/Off, Dragonheart.

1000 PANCAKES.

Hey, man, Face/Off is awesome :colbert:

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Eric Movie

I was just about to post this. What episode did it originate from?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Put upon cobra commander is the best character since put upon skeletor

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Brocktoon posted:

I was just about to post this. What episode did it originate from?

Winter's Tale, I think.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Put upon cobra commander is the best character since put upon skeletor

See you later~

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Stuart Wellington posted:

...the ghastly apparition whispered into mine ear: