Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Some, yeah. I'd say overall my department is much, much more in shape than others, though. We have a ton of guys super into fitness.

We do the Fight for Air stair climb every year. You have to climb 73 flights of stairs in full firefighter gear, including air pack. It's hot as balls. My department has won the best average time the past two years now.

As for the pushups, I did 77 in 60 seconds.

do you make chili with or without beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If he made it without beans it would just be spicy bolognes, so that's a rhetorical question really.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

As for the pushups, I did 77 in 60 seconds.

:swoon:

How many could you do on top of me?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
As many as he needs in 60 seconds.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I just ripped my jeans on the inseam when croutching down.... Time to buy new pants that are either too tight around the thighs or loose as gently caress around my waist. :gbsmith:

Or maybe I'll just let my inner gayness run wild and just wear leggins 24/7

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Helios Grime posted:

Time to buy new pants that are either too tight around the thighs or loose as gently caress around my waist. :gbsmith:

loving same :gbsmith::hf::gbsmith:

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Also you could try losing weight and not being a fat strong

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

ZombieParts posted:

Also you could try losing weight and not being a fat strong

How would that fix pants that are made for rectangular people?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Obviously your core is too weak, work on your love handles and you won't have this problem.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I woke up this morning with this thought in my head. We all know that not getting DOMS after a workout doesn't necessarily mean that you had a bad workout, but does getting DOMS absolutely mean your muscles are gonna grow from that workout?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
No. Go run a marathon and you'll get DOMS but your muscles won't get any bigger. It's a decent sign you pushed yourself compared to whatever you'd been doing lately but that's not all that's required to get more biggerer

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

No. Go run a marathon and you'll get DOMS but your muscles won't get any bigger. It's a decent sign you pushed yourself compared to whatever you'd been doing lately but that's not all that's required to get more biggerer

Ah yeah, that running example is a good point!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
What's the best stretch or exercise for when you gently caress up that tendon that lets you lift your arm up for dumbell raises?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Mortimer posted:

do you make chili with or without beans

Firehouse chili is a myth. I've never had it at work. I do a lot of the cooking though. Lots of chicken and ground turkey.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

What's the best stretch or exercise for when you gently caress up that tendon that lets you lift your arm up for dumbell raises?

Do some external rotations
http://www.ergo-log.com/how-to-prevent-impingement-in-your-shoulder.html

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Helios Grime posted:

I just ripped my jeans on the inseam when croutching down.... Time to buy new pants that are either too tight around the thighs or loose as gently caress around my waist. :gbsmith:

Or maybe I'll just let my inner gayness run wild and just wear leggins 24/7

You could just spend lots of money instead?
http://barbellapparel.com/

Not in any way associated with these guys, just think it's funny that the long tail has produced jeans for people with big thighs as a product line.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

EoRaptor posted:

You could just spend lots of money instead?
http://barbellapparel.com/

Not in any way associated with these guys, just think it's funny that the long tail has produced jeans for people with big thighs as a product line.

That isn't as expensive as i thought it would be. I mean they charge that much for levis here...

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Nudie thin finns

They look good, have space for swole rear end and thighs + they're 2% elastane

monny
Oct 20, 2008

Metanaut posted:

Nudie thin finns

They look good, have space for swole rear end and thighs + they're 2% elastane

I'm gonna buy these, thanks!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Please focus on getting ripped, not swollen.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

notZaar posted:

Please focus on getting ripped, not swollen.

Why are you so scared of gains?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Spanish Manlove posted:

you're not going to sway these retards, so gas.

gently caress u man

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
page a go but lol if u go to the gym regularly and still cant find gently caress pals, also if ur 40 you've had 20 years to set up a circle of sexy ppls for dick wetting/tunnel stuffing

grindr and tinder exist in this brave internet age, u have no eggscuse

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

1. whole milk or 2%

2. i haven't had coffee/monster ultra zero™® before my last two workouts and consequently theyve been two of the hardest. am I placeboing hard or does it make a difference (or both)

3. am I nuts for considering buying dumb poo poo like canadian ephedra

4. here's a cool jack3d review/comment

quote:

I love the advanced formula for when I'm handling large heavy packages at FedEx. I notice muscle rigidity and stamina, paired with a great deal of focus, and mental calmness despite my physical efforts. A very legitimate pre-workout that I purchase monthly.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mortimer posted:

1. whole milk or 2%

2. i haven't had coffee/monster ultra zero™® before my last two workouts and consequently theyve been two of the hardest. am I placeboing hard or does it make a difference (or both)

See my comment from last page:

FogHelmut posted:

You should be eating whole foods. Whole chickens, whole milk, whole eggs.

2% is a waste of space that could be packed with swole building calories. Furthermore, vitamins you get from milk are all fat soluble. More fat = more vitamins.

Step it up and add heavy cream to your protein drinks. Put butter on everything.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Mortimer posted:

1. whole milk or 2%

Caffeine does make a difference. Your body needs caffeine, whether it's from drinks or naturally occurring in food, you need it before and after a workout

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
caffeine pills

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

crushed, snorted

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Inserted rectally

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i just dip my dick in a cup of coffee and use contractions to drink it up like a straw

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Caffeine does make a difference. Your body needs caffeine, whether it's from drinks or naturally occurring in food, you need it before and after a workout

Agree, basically if you're awake you should be throttling your caffeine level as high as you can sustain throughout your day without negative side effects.

Also recommend L-Theanine as a supplement to counteract some side effects so you can take yet more caffeine and if you feel like you're going to have a headache at the end of the day just take some Tylenol or something. (Sleep is really important and headaches interrupt sleep)

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
We're all just slowly becoming Batman and Robin's Bane

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Dum Cumpster posted:

If that's not your goal then just what are you even doing lifting weights

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
smh if ur not taking so many supplements your slurry shake glows neon green

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

my piss glows neon green

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i've got balls of radium

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

The gently caress is a slurry shake

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dum Cumpster posted:

Nothing wrong with that...

... except dropping dead at age 40.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I like how they had to paint on his veins because he's a fat piece of crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I started using the trap bar the last couple of days. I really like it and I think the hair will actually grow back on the front of my shins if I keep using it

• Locked thread