Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Moola posted:

this is a good analogy! Except Konami sometimes puts out good games

At least GW don't publish their books with the last third missing. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
yeah true, but even with 1/3 missing the quality is still better :roflolmao:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Moola posted:

yeah true, but even with 1/3 missing the quality is still better :roflolmao:

Shocking opinion

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Indeed. It's like you haven't even read the Far Superior Sword of Truth books.. there's a 'Lets Read' here in this very forum !

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668845

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I just put together most of my Megadread. I fuckin love this model. It is quite surprising how much I overestimated the size of this model when I made my own.

Renfield posted:

Indeed. It's like you haven't even read the Far Superior Sword of Truth books.. there's a 'Lets Read' here in this very forum !

gently caress those books and all who read them.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

How does that even happen.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The head of Konami's games division literally did not know anything about games. He admitted this in an 'apology' letter to the fans. He had no concept of what they are, what makes them popular, or how incredibly valuable someone like Hideo Kojima is.
He saw the cost to profit on mobile games and couldn't understand why MGS5 was being made with the budget it had. So he told Kojima that no one would miss him, then turned off the money to MGS5 with two thirds of the story done and shut down Silent Hills. And commissioned a Silent Hill pachinko machine.

In short, Konami doesn't know how to business.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 28, 2015

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Konami doesn't need to know how to do video game business anymore, they make far more off their gambling machines and resorts than they do on their gaming division.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TKIY posted:

Maybe some armies can deal with it. I'm trying to think what I could bring with Tyranids at 360pts that would even begin to be somewhat equivalent to it.

Looks like it's a LoW though, so there should only be one of them on the table at least.

Flyrant? 20 devilgants in a droppod? Dropping a couple monsters in a couple droppods.
Okay, not great but it works.

It's really not that hard to kill for the points. It shits out a lot of firepower though. BS3 and no invul unless you put more points into it.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 28, 2015

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

LordAba posted:

Flyrant? 20 devilgants in a droppod? Dropping a couple monsters in a couple droppods.
Okay, not great but it works.

It's really not that hard to kill for the points. It shits out a lot of firepower though. BS3 and no invul unless you put more points into it.

It can take a 5+ invuln with one of its systems. It will also likely take Syfire and Interceptor.

Flyrants will do 1.77 Wounds per round of shooting. So, will usually need to shoot at it 5 times with Flyrants to kill it.

20 devourer Guants will do 1.66 Sounds per round of shooting. Will also take 5 rounds of shooting to kill it. Assuming none die on the intercept.

Exocrines do 1.33 per round, assuming they can't plant and shoot BS4.

A Dimachaeron will eat this thing for breakfast in close combat. Just has to survive some strength D and a boatload of missiles.

Unfortunately, Tyranids just don't have an answer for this thing.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

The head of Konami's games division literally did not know anything about games. He admitted this in an 'apology' letter to the fans. He had no concept of what they are, what makes them popular, or how incredibly valuable someone like Hideo Kojima is.
He saw the cost to profit on mobile games and couldn't understand why MGS5 was being made with the budget it had. So he told Kojima that no one would miss him, then turned off the money to MGS5 with two thirds of the story done and shut down Silent Hills. And commissioned a Silent Hill pachinko machine.

In short, Konami doesn't know how to business.

they really are terrible

I mean, at least the head of GW knows what a model is

MGSV is still really good though

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Im still annoyed at my friend for deleting PT off his PS4

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Moola posted:

Nah.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:stare:

you know whats weird, is you posted that nah BEFORE I posted my nah in the other thread ...

Moola fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 28, 2015

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Moola posted:

:stare:

you know whats weird, is you posted that nah BEFORE I posted my nah in the other thread ...

Copycat, copycat.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gently caress I just ski'd down a hill and over a cliff in my box and died, I love this game

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

they really are terrible

I mean, at least the head of GW knows what a model is

It's true

Most games companies are terrible and are full of miserable people

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Anyone know what would make an appropriate Heavy Bolter for the belly of a Land Speeder? I found some sponsons from a Predator that seem about the most appropriate if I magnetize them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'll take a picture of mine when I get home. I did it slightly different.

Evilmonstar
Nov 18, 2012

Hey dudes, have any of you tried to use Tabletop Simulator on steam to play 40k? If so, how well does it work?

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Uroboros posted:

Anyone know what would make an appropriate Heavy Bolter for the belly of a Land Speeder? I found some sponsons from a Predator that seem about the most appropriate if I magnetize them.

I just chop bits off the top heavy bolters and sling them along the underside.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Direwolf posted:

I just chop bits off the top heavy bolters and sling them along the underside.

Seems viable. Unfortunately you average kit only comes with a single Heavy Bolter. So if I want to be able to equip the entire squadron with double HBs I will be drawing parts from somewhere. Spare HB sponsons is what I what got, but no extra pintle mounts. Also, when it comes to fire on the underbelly weapon on a Speeder is that thing assume to be able to rotate a full 360? What about the upper weapon? 180 arc?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Uroboros posted:

Seems viable. Unfortunately you average kit only comes with a single Heavy Bolter. So if I want to be able to equip the entire squadron with double HBs I will be drawing parts from somewhere. Spare HB sponsons is what I what got, but no extra pintle mounts. Also, when it comes to fire on the underbelly weapon on a Speeder is that thing assume to be able to rotate a full 360? What about the upper weapon? 180 arc?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I suppose side mounting is an option, but I am more curious what "version" of the Heavy Bolter is actually designed to be mounted from the bottom of the Land Speeder. There are multiple variants, we have the pintle mount, sponson mounted, or man carried version. I somehow doubt there are any actually modeled for Speeders themselves, unless the Dark Angels speeders come with a different loadout.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
I feel like a fool for asking
What book is the War Convocation in?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

ToyotaThong posted:

I feel like a fool for asking
What book is the War Convocation in?

White Dwarf #69

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
thanks

Yazman
Mar 7, 2009

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

My big problem with GW, that's kinda turned me off of 40k for years now, is that it's sort of just gone from Warhammer 40k to Imperium 40k. Seriously. Back in third ed the attention was much more evenly spread across a lot of races, rules and lore-wise, and there was always big stuff happening with Tau, Necrons, etc.

Nowadays it just feels like "The Imperium Tabletop War Game feat. some extra stuff." And if you're someone like me who is more interested in non-Imperium stuff in 40k, then it just isn't an interesting product anymore because 75% of the stuff that comes out is for Space Marines and the like.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Oh dear, the Tau Stormsurgestormer is 150$US.

Buy one model for a unit of size 3, or a complete army/game for something else.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Yazman posted:

Nowadays it just feels like "The Imperium Tabletop War Game feat. some extra stuff." And if you're someone like me who is more interested in non-Imperium stuff in 40k, then it just isn't an interesting product anymore because 75% of the stuff that comes out is for Space Marines and the like.

This a million times.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

thegodofchuck posted:

White Dwarf #69
And this poo poo makes me crazy. Quit putting out substantive rules in your goddamn catalog, GW.

Fake edit: Oh, wait, this isn't the Death Pool thread.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Ilor posted:

And this poo poo makes me crazy. Quit putting out substantive rules in your goddamn catalog, GW.

Fake edit: Oh, wait, this isn't the Death Pool thread.

As a collector of WD, I heartily disagree. Put more worthwhile poo poo in there. Everything you need to play is leaked as :filez: anyway.

(As an example, I found the full rules for the War Convocation faster than I found what issue it was in).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yazman posted:

My big problem with GW, that's kinda turned me off of 40k for years now, is that it's sort of just gone from Warhammer 40k to Imperium 40k. Seriously. Back in third ed the attention was much more evenly spread across a lot of races, rules and lore-wise, and there was always big stuff happening with Tau, Necrons, etc.

Unless you like the Sisters. :negative:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Eimi posted:

Unless you like the Sisters. :negative:

Or, like, having women in your army period. Even the canonically mixed-gender Guard requires third party parts or even full figures to actually represent that.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Esser-Z posted:

Or, like, having women in your army period. Even the canonically mixed-gender Guard requires third party parts or even full figures to actually represent that.

Play eldar. They're all girls

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Hixson posted:

Play eldar. They're all girls

I played Tau. Everyone but Etherals is helmeted and armored, so anyone can be any gender!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So this is floating around:

Sounds like wishlisting, but man would it go a long way towards helping out horde Nid lists.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

TKIY posted:

So this is floating around:

Sounds like wishlisting, but man would it go a long way towards helping out horde Nid lists.

When something is too good to be true...

Would be a nice house rule though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That's some lovely formatting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

That's some lovely formatting.

If you've seen any of the GW eBooks that actually makes this more likely to be real.

• Locked thread