Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

mafoose posted:

All these alcoholic root beers I've tried all taste too sweet at first, and have a nasty aftertaste.

I gave away three bottles of the not your fathers. All I taste is vanilla extract..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Slept on my neck wrong on Friday, had limited mobility all weekend, and it's still sore today. Ugh. I pay $500/m for benefits and they're so bad, everything under $6k is out of pocket. Looks like I'll be paying $200+ out of pocket tomorrow for a simple checkup if this does not go away.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Drink it now and buy more later you dummy

Rent is up this week and the only place I could find that has it is charging fifteen loving dollars for it :saddowns:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

Rent is up this week and the only place I could find that has it is charging fifteen loving dollars for it :saddowns:

Jesus loving Christ. For a 12 or 6?

Spyder: that loving sucks dude. I love American health care.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

the spyder posted:

Slept on my neck wrong on Friday, had limited mobility all weekend, and it's still sore today. Ugh. I pay $500/m for benefits and they're so bad, everything under $6k is out of pocket. Looks like I'll be paying $200+ out of pocket tomorrow for a simple checkup if this does not go away.

It will go away eventually, been there done that. Do some research on treatments, I think a deep tissue message might help.

I recently had a sore shoulder for moths from sleeping on it wrong.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Phone posted:

Cross posting from a PM between leica and myself:

Had to do this once to get a superdrunk coworker home.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

ssjonizuka posted:

I gave away three bottles of the not your fathers. All I taste is vanilla extract..

Same here. Sister in law's ex left a sixer at her place. I drank one and tossed the rest. I can't believe how popular that stuff is.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

Had to do this once to get a superdrunk coworker home.

That's hosed up man, a seat belt would have worked just as well with the added benefit of allowing them access to the window in case of emergencies

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Jesus loving Christ. For a 12 or 6?

Spyder: that loving sucks dude. I love American health care.

6 12oz cans

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

6 12oz cans

Jesus. It's like 6.99 here.

That's like a 12 pack of craft beer price. For some lovely, over sweet under boozed god drat swamp tree beer.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Look at these chumps getting mad at alcohol. Must notve had enough alcohol. Drink some alcohol.

I hear the root beer stuff is good.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I have only tried Coney island brand of alcoholic root beer and I really liked it. Pour over ice and serve. I should try a float next time...

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
MGS 5 let's you do some pretty hilarious things. You can beat the ever loving poo poo out of your own soldiers and when they come to they'll just salute and say "Thanks for the lesson sir." The only time the game got mad was when I threw one of them off of the side of the sea platform, and even then it just went "what the hell is wrong with you?"

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Is there a god damned iOS app for god damned imgur that'll let me upload a pic to my personal imgur "account" from my god damned camera roll? That shouldn't be hard, nor an unreasonable request in this day and age.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

MustardFacial posted:

MGS 5 let's you do some pretty hilarious things. You can beat the ever loving poo poo out of your own soldiers and when they come to they'll just salute and say "Thanks for the lesson sir." The only time the game got mad was when I threw one of them off of the side of the sea platform, and even then it just went "what the hell is wrong with you?"

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Welp, first appointment with my new doctor.

First doctor I've had that actually gave two shits about medical records from previous doctors, which was a refreshing change (every doctor I've ever had to date just asked me the basics about medical history and never asked for records). I was also called back within a few minutes of showing up; the last doctor I saw didn't even show up until nearly an hour after my scheduled appointment (even the office manager didn't show up until over 30 minutes after my appointment, which was a full hour after posted office hours).

The nurse also asked me "Have you had a flu shot yet?". I said not yet, but was planning on getting one when I got paid. Next thing I know she has a needle in her hand and asks which arm I want it in, and said they'll bill my insurance for it. I try not to argue with anyone that's wielding a needle. :stare:

I have 2 weeks to get medical records to them - I already had them from the last doctor (only saw her twice since "8am" really means "10am" at that practice, figured I'd download PDFs of the records from their patient portal), faxed a form to the doctor before that, and I've faxed a form to the hospital to get records from my last visit. Then in another 2 weeks, my first physical since I was in high school. :ohdear:

the spyder posted:

I got a letter in the mail today from Blue Cross stating they're dropping my plan.

Not dropping me personally. Just completely eliminating my plan (and the entire class of plan - no HMO Silver starting Jan 1st). Looks like I'll be getting raped next year. I actually have a good plan that I really like, I guess they're tired of actually paying for medical care.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Contact negotiations start in about 30 days.

I'm sure we're going to lose our awesome insurance, and they better not loving strike, because last time they did, the company bent them over bad. This time the union is even weaker.

If it wasn't for all the abuse of dues and generally lovely attitude of the members, I might have actually joined.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Root Bear posted:

My boss went on a European vacation and brought me back a souvenir:

I get the joke(I think), I'm just not sure who it'll upset first.

I have that shirt too :cheeky:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

bolind posted:

Is there a god damned iOS app for god damned imgur that'll let me upload a pic to my personal imgur "account" from my god damned camera roll? That shouldn't be hard, nor an unreasonable request in this day and age.

If it's like the android app, you have to be viewing a public area (like user sub) and there will be a plus sign in the bottom right corner.

Yet you can't go to your own profile and do it. Not will it give you bb code anymore.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

iwentdoodie posted:

If it's like the android app, you have to be viewing a public area (like user sub) and there will be a plus sign in the bottom right corner.

Yet you can't go to your own profile and do it. Not will it give you bb code anymore.

I think he's asking for being in the phone's native photo app and having an integration to upload to Imgur, like already exists for Flickr, email, text, etc.
I don't find switching to Pocketgur and uploading from there that bad, though I'm always doing only the most recent clump of photos, not browsing around.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Oh, think I got it working. What the hell imgur. I can just grab the bbcode off of imgur, I just want to be able to go directly from phone -> imgur for the photo transfer.

Finally got my GPS install done. Garmin Nüvi 2789LMT in the official BMW tray thing. Hardwired in with a 12V->5V USB. Turns off and on with the car.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
So how low do you guys think TDI prices will go with this vw deal? It might be a good way to pick up a cheap fuel miser.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The official imgur app on my iPhone works like maybe 10% of the time I try it. Most of the time it just sits there without filling in the progress bar on Uploading.

Sometimes it doesn't work at all, or fails but then actually uploads the image.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Ugh, I got into work today and realized that I left my work bag with my laptop sitting in the kitchen.....

Only 200 more updates to install on this computer that I had to image so I would have a computer to work on today.

On the plus side I found out the outlook app for iPhone actually works really well.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any AMC Eagle anecdotes? They've intrigued me since I was younger, and now that I can buy one like a Big Boy, I'm curious as to whether they're a nightmare to work on, or very rewarding as I suspect. This crazy motherfucker is an inspiration; popped a 6-speed manual out of an '06 Wrangler to replace the auomatic on an '83 SX/4.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

scuz posted:

Anyone have any AMC Eagle anecdotes? They've intrigued me since I was younger, and now that I can buy one like a Big Boy, I'm curious as to whether they're a nightmare to work on, or very rewarding as I suspect. This crazy motherfucker is an inspiration; popped a 6-speed manual out of an '06 Wrangler to replace the auomatic on an '83 SX/4.

An AMC Eagle was a constant childhood fixation. Now that I've grown up, it's a constant adulthood fixation. Here's something I wrote about it.

Me posted:

The board room was a shock of walnut amidst a comforting cloud of teak. I couldn’t stop myself from wondering how much furniture polish they used.

Across the desk from me, my so-called representative (representative of what?) eagerly told me about the huge royalties I was getting from my breakout work, Trans Am Acceptance. It goes without saying that I was becoming deeply uncomfortable with the entire conversation, especially when he started to lush pre-baked praise upon me from some hidden pineal-esque gland.

As the agent spoke further I began to hear nothing but a dense television static, replacing all comprehension. My mind flitted, seeking answers to my current predicament and the root of my creative dissatisfaction.

A jingling happened beneath the desk. I looked down to see that I had involuntarily thumbed my remote car starter, which began to flash a series of lights indicating the preparation of the car’s subsystems. From somewhere deep within the concrete-framed structure I could feel its power emerge. The agent continued to talk, tried to get my attention, but it was never his in the first place.

I broke into a sprint as I left the meeting room. Before long, the laggardy normal-people elevator had dropped 53 floors to the lowest level of the parkade. By this point the sound of the warbling Eaton blower and the enormous fuel pumps shoving raw nitromethane into the fiery hells that filled each of its eight copious cylinders was a distinct and physical presence in the darkened parkade.

They asked me where the advance on my book had gone. Perhaps I had sent it up my nose, they whispered to me in a mock conspiracy. If they had read the book, I replied, they would have known.

A long time ago, as a child, I fell down a well. It felt like I had fallen forever. I was trapped at the bottom for hours. One of the firemen lowered a car magazine for me to read to pass the time, quell my panic. The first page was a prophecy, a dark bolt that hurled the charred embers of my predestined suburbanite life so far and so wide that no person could ever put it back together again.

A 1160-horsepower twincharged AMC Eagle was something that was meant to be, theorized in obscure religious dogma between the two dog-eared covers of that magazine. It would have been rude to delay its birth any longer.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Seat Safety Switch posted:

An AMC Eagle was a constant childhood fixation. Now that I've grown up, it's a constant adulthood fixation. Here's something I wrote about it.

I would drive the gently caress out of an AMC Eagle.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BrokenKnucklez posted:

So how low do you guys think TDI prices will go with this vw deal? It might be a good way to pick up a cheap fuel miser.

I've been eyeing Audi a3 tdi wagons recently and so far I've seen a 3k drop. I'm waiting for it to hit rock bottom and level off. :)

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

keykey posted:

I've been eyeing Audi a3 tdi wagons recently and so far I've seen a 3k drop. I'm waiting for it to hit rock bottom and level off. :)

Just be careful of locale and what the "fix" is going to be. California (I think) has already declared you won't be able to register one until the fix is installed on said vehicles

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Late for the flipflop chat, but I have gone through 2 pairs of these and they are the most comfortable sandals ever. First pair lasted ~5 years and 2 trips to New Zealand before breaking and my second pair is still going strong after ~3 years. The GF refers to them as my lesbian sandals and they are ridiculous looking, but I don't give a gently caress since they are so loving comfortable.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

As an owner of a '13 TDI sportwagen, I hope not low at all. The main reason I bought the loving thing is because of the high resale value and MPG, which are both now hosed.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 29, 2015

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

I would drive the gently caress out of an AMC Eagle.
:allears: Time to decide whether I take a 4-hour road trip to check out these bad boys. I wonder what "runs and drives, needs transmission" could mean!

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Here's something I wrote about it.

Please never stop writing, Mr. Seat Safety Switch. Your Tumblr brings me great joy every time I see a new automotive tale.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Thanks Fedex, for leaving that 65 pound box of truck parts I ordered butted up against my flimsy screen door. I had to call my loving neighbor to move it so I could get outside.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Can you use air tool oil as a replacement for that K&N Filter Oil?

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
While putting away some scaffolding in my father in law's barn I uncovered a sand blaster! It just so happens that the front bumper of my 03 suburban is covered in rust. After dusting off the cobwebs and soaking the handle/nozzle in some PBATC and hooking it up to the compressor I gave it a test blast and we are in business.

Now I just need to get some blasting media, what will work the best for stripping paint and heavy rust? I've never used a sandblasted before so any tips? Face shield, dusk mask, and gloves of course...

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

MustardFacial posted:

Can you use air tool oil as a replacement for that K&N Filter Oil?

I would think any oil would be fine as long as it is applied properly, like with an atomizer of some sort. I ran out of K&N cleaner one time and per an Internet suggestion I used laundry detergent and it worked 10x better.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Modus Man posted:

While putting away some scaffolding in my father in law's barn I uncovered a sand blaster! It just so happens that the front bumper of my 03 suburban is covered in rust. After dusting off the cobwebs and soaking the handle/nozzle in some PBATC and hooking it up to the compressor I gave it a test blast and we are in business.

Now I just need to get some blasting media, what will work the best for stripping paint and heavy rust? I've never used a sandblasted before so any tips? Face shield, dusk mask, and gloves of course...

http://www.kramerindustriesonline.com/finishing-guides/blasting-media-comparison-chart.htm
(courtesy of kastein in the resource&reference thread)

Painter's coveralls are also a good idea. Media is messy when it's stuck to you.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The new nexus phones look solid if you're looking for a phone.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mariooncrack posted:

The new nexus phones look solid if you're looking for a phone.

They look like what was rumored... for the price, the original Nexus 6 at $350 for 32gig is a tremendous buy. I got one a couple weeks ago and love it.

Edit: Does the 6P not have wireless charging? That would suck. I've gotten spoiled with the Nexus series and cheap wireless chargers.
Edit 2: No image stabilization for the camera either.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

meatpimp posted:

They look like what was rumored... for the price, the original Nexus 6 at $350 for 32gig is a tremendous buy. I got one a couple weeks ago and love it.

Edit: Does the 6P not have wireless charging? That would suck. I've gotten spoiled with the Nexus series and cheap wireless chargers.
Edit 2: No image stabilization for the camera either.
Neither have wireless charging. Was my deal breaker, but I bought a 5X/16GB anyway. :shrug:

My orig N5 is getting old and I'll get a lot more resale on the new one (and enjoy it for a year or so) when I sell it. Camera improvements and *front speakers* were enough for me.

• Locked thread