Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

The last YYH arc is hilarious.

WOW I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEX-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The last YYH arc is so bad, omg why togashi

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I love the last tournament arc because it basically says "gently caress repetitive over-dramatic tournament bullshit that everyone wants, everyone just has a good time fighting each other, and some low range guy wins it in the end because seeding matters."

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

It would have been nice to see it happen after all that buildup.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would like it if Yusuke's lovely dad drama was never a thing.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

I like how Yusuke's mom was some drunk floozy and then for some reason his dad was king of the demon world like how the hell did that even happen

I had the game for gameboy on a 17 in 1 cart and I didn't know what it was but I beat it anyway. Kuwaabara leveled up the fastest and Hiei the slowest. It's a good beatem up platformer rpg.

Amorphous Blob fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 29, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Raizen wasn't his dad, he was like his great great great grandpa.

Also kinnikuman is tight as hell although I only watched Nisei as a kid and the original as a Manga only later

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Amorphous Blob posted:

I like how Yusuke's mom was some drunk floozy and then for some reason his dad was king of the demon world like how the hell did that even happen

I had the game for gameboy on a 17 in 1 cart and I didn't know what it was but I beat it anyway. Kuwaabara leveled up the fastest and Hiei the slowest. It's a good beatem up platformer rpg.

Yeah, Yusuke was just down the line in demon blood and it awakened in him.

Also, the Genesis fighter was made by Treasure and it was pretty good and a good predecessor to Guardian Heroes on the Saturn.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Oh I thought the demon who starved to death was his dad.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think there is a cooler character in anything than Kuwabara

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kurama.

Only by a little though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

YYH owns because the eventual plot resolution is "holy poo poo fighting people like shonen protagonists sucks and means you can never have a healthy life" and Kuwabara and later Yusuke both retire so they can stop being crazy assholes.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ImpAtom posted:

YYH owns because the eventual plot resolution is "holy poo poo fighting people like shonen protagonists sucks and means you can never have a healthy life" and Kuwabara and later Yusuke both retire so they can stop being crazy assholes.

That's what Gohan realized and now he's a respected scholar, has a loving marriage, and will have a kid to raise in a few years.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He also gets dragged into a fight he is not ready for and nearly dies

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

yup

Justin_Brett posted:

Kurama.

Only by a little though.

nope

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gohan is a chump

He wouldn't have even got a few hits in on Buu if it wasnt for yet another completely free bullshit powerup from the old kai. Gohan is terrible. They should write out Gohan and bring back Piccolo as the token third guy behind Goku and Vegeta

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

Kurama is a nice boy who loves his momma, just like Cool Trunks.

Yeah they should hurry up and write Gohan out of the picture if they're that determined to make him a nerdy house husband. Give Big Green more screen time(and don't make him chump to a Freiza goon what the gently caress)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Okuyasu

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Amorphous Blob posted:

I remember there being more in the anime. Did it really just smash cut like that in the manga?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

I remember there being more in the anime. Did it really just smash cut like that in the manga?

Yeah the ending is basically completely changed in the Anime.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Amorphous Blob posted:

Kurama is a nice boy who loves his momma, just like Cool Trunks.

Yeah they should hurry up and write Gohan out of the picture if they're that determined to make him a nerdy house husband. Give Big Green more screen time(and don't make him chump to a Freiza goon what the gently caress)

My biggest problem with RF is that every character just feels like a loving nerd except Beerus and Whis who aren't even involved in anything in the movie except that strawberry sundae and making the ending terrible.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Covok posted:

The last tournament feels like a ton of poo poo got cut, but there is two more stories after that so I don't know what the gently caress.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Didn't they also introduce a rival for Hiei who ended up being a love interest too? That last part is weird as poo poo with how much it was trying to do.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Was YYH's writer sick at the time he did the ending? I know he has health problems.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Baal posted:

He also gets dragged into a fight he is not ready for and nearly dies

Gohans mistake was being born saiyan.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Baal posted:

Didn't they also introduce a rival for Hiei who ended up being a love interest too? That last part is weird as poo poo with how much it was trying to do.

He apprenticed his mom or some poo poo. Like Yusuke apprenticed his Dad and Kurama apprenticed his old thieving buddy.

e: Apparently not his mom.

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 29, 2015

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Covok posted:

The ending is much better in the anime. The anime has Yusuke realise he's just fighting for the sake of fighting or fighting because people like Toguro or Sensui wanted him too and that if he keeps doing that everyone he loves will leave him. The fight with Yomi is also much better and the tournament closes out with a satisfying conclusion.

Baal posted:

You're thinking of Mukuro and Hiei becomes her second in command around the middle of the arc after she requests to meet him. Also yes, she is his love interest. I thought it was a really nice romance, mainly because of how understated and tasteful it was. Just two broken people realising how similar they were and realising they had the ability to help each other because of it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also the manga for YYH haas a really out of nowhere ending for the spirit world part which kind of made no sense considering the rest of the series.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Baal posted:

I would like it if Yusuke's lovely dad drama was never a thing.

This was my big problem with it. I liked Yusuke because he came from a broken home with a non-existent father figure and mother who ignored him, and he was still able to become a decent person. Adding in a father character just ruined all that, doubled down because it made him literally one of the strongest demons ever which also went against what made Yusuke cool.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also the manga for YYH haas a really out of nowhere ending for the spirit world part which kind of made no sense considering the rest of the series.

With Koenma's dad?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Covok posted:

That's what Gohan realized and now he's a respected scholar, has a loving marriage, and will have a kid to raise in a few years.

and his wife gets murdered twice because of it

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Amorphous Blob posted:

Those are some terrible panels, I thought Kubo was the king of nothingness but his predecessors have him beat. That second page is the biggest offender; what's with all the dinky punch explosions? Why is there so much unused grey space? It's so underwhelming, this is supposed to be the series ending climax battle? :confused:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kubo can draw a whole lot of nothing, but he can be a really fantastic artist when he wants to be. Togashi is really bad, like it's amazing he's been drawing for so long and his art has never really improved.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

Kubo can draw a whole lot of nothing, but he can be a really fantastic artist when he wants to be. Togashi is really bad, like it's amazing he's been drawing for so long and his art has never really improved.

but that turkey

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

Those are some terrible panels, I thought Kubo was the king of nothingness but his predecessors have him beat. That second page is the biggest offender; what's with all the dinky punch explosions? Why is there so much unused grey space? It's so underwhelming, this is supposed to be the series ending climax battle? :confused:

He didn't want to do the final arc at all.

Baal posted:

Lol if you don't enjoy chickenscratch napkin sketches

e: His recent chapters art are regular quality though

Kild fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 29, 2015

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kild posted:

With Koenma's dad?

Yeah, there is no buildup for that at all. I still really like YYH, but like everything it has flaws

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Asuron posted:

You're thinking of Mukuro and Hiei becomes her second in command around the middle of the arc after she requests to meet him. Also yes, she is his love interest. I thought it was a really nice romance, mainly because of how understated and tasteful it was. Just two broken people realising how similar they were and realising they had the ability to help each other because of it.

The epilogue chapter with him giving her a "present" was awesome.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Christ, drawing any type of crowd scene must be the one thing that has everyone in the mangaka's office give a collective groan amongst the interns, cause you know somebody's gotta do it to make this week's deadline by putting in extra hours on top of the already grueling deadlines

White Light fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 30, 2015

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I've always wondered why Kubo doesn't make one of the assistants that he must have draw him some actual backgrounds. Even a horizon would add something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would have to assume he doesn't see a point given that a lot of bleach just sort of rushes by in fight scenes and whatnot. So it's not like anyone's going to realistically care and he's not wrong because the only people that really give him poo poo for it are western internet nerds.

• Locked thread