Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

goldblums eyes posted:

what is the opinion on telling people about 72-hour exclusive videos on vessel? I'm assuming they'd want people to talk about them because it's make them wanna get a subscription (like me caving the second I heard about until dawn's final episode). I don't wanna be a dick if they're supposed to be "secret" content lol but that seems kinda dumb.

Matt posted about Vessel here a while back. This is probably the most relevant part:

TheRealestMatt posted:

Also guys, I post in here fairly regularly I guess, and you are directly asking me, so I felt compelled to reply. And while this is not top secret hush hush information, I'd appreciate it if you could keep it to yourselves for now, we'll be making a formal video or at least a text announcement in the coming weeks so everyone gets the low down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, I heard you guys were talking about Undertale earlier.

Undertale is GOTY 2015. Also, mostly a very good LP game, as long as whoever plays it plays it blind and remembers to always have DETERMINATION, no matter what happens.

and also record desktop, not game window

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

goldblums eyes posted:

what is the opinion on telling people about 72-hour exclusive videos on vessel? I'm assuming they'd want people to talk about them because it's make them wanna get a subscription (like me caving the second I heard about until dawn's final episode). I don't wanna be a dick if they're supposed to be "secret" content lol but that seems kinda dumb.

people are bad enough spoiling poo poo in the thread the instant the youtube videos go up, I dread to think about reading this thread if people start doing it a day early

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Indecisive posted:

people are bad enough spoiling poo poo in the thread the instant the youtube videos go up, I dread to think about reading this thread if people start doing it a day early

True, it's a fine line. I guess I wasn't talking so much about actual video discussion, but moreso just "a new shitstorm is up should I pretend this doesn't exist or can I say there's a shitstorm up".

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The best spoiler.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

goldblums eyes posted:

True, it's a fine line. I guess I wasn't talking so much about actual video discussion, but moreso just "a new shitstorm is up should I pretend this doesn't exist or can I say there's a shitstorm up".

Don't talk about vessel

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"The end of MGS4 in particular is perfect" followed by burying 2's ending oh my god Woolie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god, did he actually say that in the latest podcast episode

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

Oh my god, did he actually say that in the latest podcast episode

And then Liam put it above 3's ed, they all love the Big Boss post credits scene :shepicide:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Big Boss stinger in MGS4 is really great because it could be summed up in 20 minutes less by just having Big Boss show up, say "whoops", and then die after killing Zero and then shrugging comically.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The Big Boss stinger in MGS4 is really great because it could be summed up in 20 minutes less by just having Big Boss show up, say "whoops", and then die after killing Zero and then shrugging comically.

That would sum up the whole game series to be honest.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 29, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rodyle posted:

And then Liam put it above 3's ed, they all love the Big Boss post credits scene :shepicide:

Can someone check for a carbon monoxide leak in that room or something.

(Although I also loved the Big Boss stinger in MGS4)

(Even if MGSV kinda robs it of impact now.)

I know it's super pretentious and elitist, and I'm going to be crucified for saying it, but IMO MGS2's ending is peak "If you didn't like it, you probably didn't understand it."

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Someone needs to make this with a slide whistle sound effect.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh god the moment Liam mentioned a Kickstarter I knew where that poo poo was going.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please ban Kickstarter from the list of topics certain people are allowed to talk about along with Woolie's fighting games and anime

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I did not back ML because one ride through that trilogy was more than enough for me thanks.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What even is ML

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Baal posted:

What even is ML

Muv-Luv. In which VNs "go to space" or something.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

havenwaters posted:

Muv-Luv. In which VNs "go to space" or something.

Boy DO THEY.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still have not played Muv-Luv

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's the best and worst of times.

Don't play ML.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Everyone but Pat is playing Undertale, which makes me optimistic that they are going to pair someone up with Pat and make him play it blind. We will see I guess!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

It's the best and worst of times.

Don't play ML.

I'm gonna play it

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I know it's super pretentious and elitist, and I'm going to be crucified for saying it, but IMO MGS2's ending is peak "If you didn't like it, you probably didn't understand it."

Once you dig through the word salad it's not difficult to understand. Kojima made it difficult because he didn't (arguably still doesn't) understand the concept of brevity. I like the ending in theory but in practice it's unintelligible garbage spouted at you for half an hour by a robot on a 95% static screen.

Same with MGS4's Big Boss ending, it's neat in concept and I don't have an issue with him being alive again but everything he says is just a load of circuitous bullshit exposition and there's nothing gained from all this stuff being said by Big Boss except to have a couple dramatic shots of him saluting in front of the tombstone (complete with mash X flashbacks because hey guys remember that scene? remember???) and hugging Snake for the sake of "closure" or whatever.

vvvv e:

TheRealestMatt posted:

He's not playing Undertale, because he expressed no interest in it.

Pat confirmed for lamest member of the Zaibatsu

TriffTshngo fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 29, 2015

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

hubris.height posted:

Everyone but Pat is playing Undertale, which makes me optimistic that they are going to pair someone up with Pat and make him play it blind. We will see I guess!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

TheRealestMatt posted:

drat. Thanks for letting me know! What route did you go for / how far have you gotten?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie hating on the Cobras and the theoretical Boss game.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Undertales great. I followed Toriels advice when i played it, I couldn't hurt any of the awesome characters or a single cute monster.

Great podcast.

Edit: Oh I get her name now.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 29, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think a lot of people don't realize (thanks, anti-union laws) that the SAG people are putting some outrageous demands because then they could pull them off the table at negotiations. That's how most lockout/strikes get ironed out.

SAG: We want a golden monkey that will carry all our stuff and you are personally paying for all of them.
Companies: How about we just give you the transparency clause?
SAG: Deal.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Visidan posted:

Undertales great. I followed Toriels advice when i played it, I couldn't hurt any of the awesome characters or a single cute monster.

Great podcast.

Edit: Oh I get her name now.

Do you get Asriel's name? Asgore is terrible with names, and just smooshes their names together. The undertale thread is really good, you should check it out: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3741724&perpage=40&pagenumber=119#pti10

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can someone check for a carbon monoxide leak in that room or something.

(Although I also loved the Big Boss stinger in MGS4)

(Even if MGSV kinda robs it of impact now.)

How does it, if you don't mind me asking?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Woolie hating on the Cobras and the theoretical Boss game.

I wouldn't want to see a Boss game either. The Boss was a great character in MGS3 and pointless explanation of her backstory wouldn't improve it at all. It would more likely just make the character retroactively worse.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How does it, if you don't mind me asking?

Because the Big Boss that created Outer Heaven...wasn't Big Boss. Coming back from the dead twice is 200% more impressive than doing it once.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean it's pretty impressive the dude came back from being set on fire with an aerosol can.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Because the Big Boss that created Outer Heaven...wasn't Big Boss.

Yes it was, listen to those post-game tapes.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Andrast posted:

I wouldn't want to see a Boss game either. The Boss was a great character in MGS3 and pointless explanation of her backstory wouldn't improve it at all. It would more likely just make the character retroactively worse.

Peace Walker did this, and it really makes you lose a lot of respect for her. Turns out Operation Snake Eater wasn't a one-time thing, she was constantly eating poo poo on behalf of the government and then shrugging and going "but I'm a true patriot, they like me actually" as they humiliate her yet again.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh man I completely forgot the ridiculous "Boss was actually the first astronaut but it was covered up" backstory they threw in.

KZX
Aug 26, 2010
Really hoping the next Matt and Woolie LP is Undertale. It would honestly be a perfect fit for that combo.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

KZX posted:

Really hoping the next Matt and Woolie LP is Undertale. It would honestly be a perfect fit for that combo.

TheRealestMatt posted:

maybe get hype for liam x matt, matt x woolie? maybe they do it as the triad? that'd be cool too. but forget your hopes and dreams for a pat playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
I am looking forward to this year's shitstorm