Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzyBureaucrat
Sep 1, 2015
Blatter actually having to stand up for his actions sounds wonderful, but I'll believe it when I see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

gipskrampf posted:

Swiss television has scans of the documents, signed by Blatter himself: http://www.srf.ch/news/allgemeines/blatter-verkaufte-tv-rechte-weit-unter-dem-marktpreis

Basically, Blatter sold the TV rights for the world cups in South Africa and Brazil for US$ 600,000 to Jack Warner, who then sold them again for reportedly 20 million dollars.

Nice signature, Warner

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

gipskrampf posted:

Swiss television has scans of the documents, signed by Blatter himself: http://www.srf.ch/news/allgemeines/blatter-verkaufte-tv-rechte-weit-unter-dem-marktpreis

Basically, Blatter sold the TV rights for the world cups in South Africa and Brazil for US$ 600,000 to Jack Warner, who then sold them again for reportedly 20 million dollars.

Jack Warner loving owns

At being a shameless crook

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
J---------------------------

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

Not only is FIFA going down, with some luck they will draw Platini down with them. :wave:

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

FuzzyBureaucrat posted:

Blatter actually having to stand up for his actions sounds wonderful, but I'll believe it when I see it

He's 79, he'll never see a single day in prison. His punishment will be having to spend the rest of his life in court fighting appeal after appeal, or if he can bribe his way out of Dodge, in Russia as a protected guest of Putin, unable to travel to a civilised country ever again for the advanced medical treatment he will certainly need. Which I'm kind of okay with.

But god drat, the next two world cups need to be boycotted so hard.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

shadok posted:

He's 79, he'll never see a single day in prison.

they said that about Rolf

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Blue Star Error posted:

they said that about Rolf

What did that Muppet ever do to anyone?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
erm...

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

porkface posted:

If the Swiss want him to go down and they fail, they can always still turn him over to the US.

If they Swiss don't give a poo poo and they fail, he could skate free if he can beat this one charge.

I've said this before and will repeat it here, there's a huge loving ocean of difference between Switzerland extraditing Jack Warner (a foreigner and known black man) and Switzerland extraditing a prominent Swiss national to the US for crimes ostensibly committed in Switzerland, it's never going to happen

That's basically anathema to the entire point of Switzerland existing

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Tigey posted:

Its loving on now. Don't screw this up Switzerland

- Hermann Goering

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
The U.S. Treasury has been ruthless with the Swiss over banking records and tax evasion...I wonder if the recent cooperation between Swiss authorities and the U.S. might be motivated by an agreement for the Swiss to serve up a big trophy for Loretta Lynch in return for less aggressive financial posturing.

Also seems very clear that the Swiss are not going to allow UEFA to control the aftermath and chose to leak the bribery allegations to Platini in favor of other potential scandals. It's masterful end-game stuff.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I've said this before and will repeat it here, there's a huge loving ocean of difference between Switzerland extraditing Jack Warner (a foreigner and known black man) and Switzerland extraditing a prominent Swiss national to the US for crimes ostensibly committed in Switzerland, it's never going to happen

Not true

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Except Switzerland aren't extraditing Jack Warner, he's not even there, he's in Trinidad & Tobago

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/26/michel-platini-fifa-sepp-blatter-swiss-attorney-general

cool

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I hope they find dirt on all the potential presidential candidates they all seem like dodgy cunts

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Cool and good.

They need to get rid of anyone who's been in FIFA for any length of time.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Blue Star Error posted:

I hope they find dirt on all the potential presidential candidates they all seem like dodgy cunts

Do they really need to find any dirt for that?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Blatter made football great.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Elliptical Dick posted:

Do they really need to find any dirt for that?

They need to find dirt to get them out of the running or we're going to end up with a middle eastern Prince as ruler of football

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

advanced statsman posted:

FIFA needs someone who can make football great again.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Blue Star Error posted:

They need to find dirt to get them out of the running or we're going to end up with a middle eastern Prince as ruler of football

Prince Ali's have a history of being dishonest shits, but he's probably still better than the alternatives

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Blue Star Error posted:

They already are?

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

pik_d posted:

Prince Ali's have a history of being dishonest shits, but he's probably still better than the alternatives

One might say...he's a diamond in the rough?

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

advanced statsman posted:

Blatter did nothing wrong

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bobby Digital posted:

FIFA needs someone who can make football great again.

Hmm, now that I think about it has Trump ever actually specifically said what he's running for president of? Maybe he's been running for president of FIFA this whole time and nobody realized.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

I am so happy.

Blatter also said something about how the Platini money is totally legit because he took taxes out of it. Doesn't explain why it was nine years late or super shady but whatever.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I wasn't there to see it, but I hear Michel Platini started sobbing like a little girl when they took him away.

Blatter had no intention of going that quietly.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm assuming that's until February or whenever the next election is?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

I wasn't there to see it, but I hear Michel Platini started sobbing like a little girl when they took him away.

Get busy bribin' or get busy dyin'. That's god drat right.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Blatter remains indignant through everything. Even if he gets thrown in prison. Deny, deny, deny, deny--dead.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I too hope he dies

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm assuming that's until February or whenever the next election is?

If not, he is a genius.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

NTRabbit posted:

:golfclap:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

NTRabbit posted:

Good poo poo. But a latter is too good for that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
FIFA have taken the bold anti-corruption step of banning Jack Warner from football for life, which will surely end all legal pressure on them going forward.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

vyelkin posted:

FIFA have taken the bold anti-corruption step of banning Jack Warner from football for life, which will surely end all legal pressure on them going forward.

This is great because he was already banned for life for the Bin Hammam thing.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

he's super banned now. like, you have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

dex_sda posted:

he's super banned now. like, you have no idea.

He is probably sitting on his yacht right now, close to his carribean island, thinking "oh god lord help me, what do I do now".