Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of mining the EU, are the S&V snub fighters from the EU? I recognize the StarViper, but not the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope we do get the Yuuzhan Vong, just to piss people off. Also, a card about dropping a moon on Chewbacca.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Kihraxz and the M3-A Scyk fighter came from the Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of mining the EU, are the S&V snub fighters from the EU? I recognize the StarViper, but not the others.
The Syck and the Kirhazxyrsjooths is from Galaxies IIRC.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Strobe posted:

Good lists are overrated. Get good with a list you like to fly and you'll probably do better than building a list that's good on paper but you're unfamiliar with.

It's why I'm such a big fan of XXX lists. I've flown X-wings more than any other ship in the game, and I like to think I've gotten pretty good with them.

Speaking of, next generation XXX list:

Wedge Antilles (29) [34]
Opportunist (4)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Wes Jansen (29) [30]
Veteran Instincts (1)

Poe Dameron (31) [36]
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Total: 100

Tried this tonight against a defender/decimator list, works very well.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Do we know much about the Ghost expansion? I kinda want it because I really like the physical design of it, but I can't afford to spend huge amounts of money on the game so I'm hoping it's at least a reasonable option for playing with...

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Keiya posted:

Do we know much about the Ghost expansion? I kinda want it because I really like the physical design of it, but I can't afford to spend huge amounts of money on the game so I'm hoping it's at least a reasonable option for playing with...

It might almost be enough to build a list with- it certainly seems designned this way- a centerpiece ship that isn't the standard dodgey pancake.

We'll see, though. It has a lot of upgrades but conspicuously not an EPT, at least in the preview we saw.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Burn all of post-Thrawn EU down to the ground.

That whole era was still decent Star Wars-- it was the Dark Empire era that ushered in the truely terrible it became.

Dark Forces (where HWK comes from), Thrawn books, X-wing/TIE fighter games, all good. Hell even the crazy Han Solo / Lando books were good from the early 80s!

Everything else I am glad is gone.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Trandoshan Slaver (29)
Bossk (2)
Gunner (5)
Tactician (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R4 Agromech (2)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R4 Agromech (2)

Total: 94

Any ideas where I should put my last 6 points, thread?

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Endman posted:

Trandoshan Slaver (29)
Bossk (2)
Gunner (5)
Tactician (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R4 Agromech (2)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R4 Agromech (2)

Pull the Engine Upgrade off the Trandoshan Slaver and put Engine Upgrades on both Syndicate Thugs (plus the BTL-A4 title). Then Swap the Agromechs for Unhinged Astros. You lose a little maneuverability on the big kahuna, but you get a lot more out of your Ys.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Cobbsprite posted:

Pull the Engine Upgrade off the Trandoshan Slaver and put Engine Upgrades on both Syndicate Thugs (plus the BTL-A4 title). Then Swap the Agromechs for Unhinged Astros. You lose a little maneuverability on the big kahuna, but you get a lot more out of your Ys.

I don't know why you'd put BTLs on Y wings instead of just running a swarm beside the slaver. If you're going to use TLTs as your support for the bosskinator load them out for TLT action(and yeah in reality you will not get many chances to boost with the bosskinator build considering the need to turn around often).

I would rather put 5 Zs next to a slaver than 2 BTL Y wings in that config.

Though, to be a bit more constructive- if I were hankerin' to spend 6 points in that particular list, i'd put the title on the Slaver.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 29, 2015

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
Who do I kill to get the SWTOR PC ships? I need the Jedi Sage and Bounty Hunter ships bad.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Panzeh posted:

I don't know why you'd put BTLs on Y wings instead of just running a swarm beside the slaver. If you're going to use TLTs as your support for the bosskinator load them out for TLT action(and yeah in reality you will not get many chances to boost with the bosskinator build considering the need to turn around often).

I would rather put 5 Zs next to a slaver than 2 BTL Y wings in that config.

Though, to be a bit more constructive- if I were hankerin' to spend 6 points in that particular list, i'd put the title on the Slaver.

The title might be a good idea, since it'll be a half-price Binayre Pirate, I guess.

As for the boost, I've found it really useful. A sharp turn and a bank boost means you can sometimes get whatever's behind you into the auxiliary firing arcs.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I really like running 4 Binayre Pirates with Kath so I'm sure it will work out similar with another big ship.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I actually won my first game tonight for this group, after 3 straight loses! I ran a big swarm with 2 Ties, 2 Tie/Fos and 2 Interceptors. My opponent in the game I won had two TIE/FO and a decimator. I shot to pieces one of the ties early on, and he nearly ran the decimator off the board. Trading shots I finished off his other Tie, and he got me down to just a FO and decimator each with one hit, and him with two shots, and I was able to finish it off before it could get its shot in.

I really love the new ties, with the shield, their ability to lock (without needing the mod) and the 2 bank u-turn.

I've been running imp tie swarms a lot because I've been trying to get a hang of them and learn how to fly them well, but I think next week I'm going to try a x-wing squad and try the new FA x-wing out.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Endman posted:

Trandoshan Slaver (29)
Bossk (2)
Gunner (5)
Tactician (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R4 Agromech (2)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R4 Agromech (2)

How about upgrading the Pilot to Latts Razzi for 4 pts? It gives the Target locks that you can get from Bossk something really useful to do.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Most of the time you just end up using the TL on the gunner shot anyway :shrug:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

E: I would prefer getting lightsaber knees guy as a pilot before getting Vong.

I googled "lightsaber knees guy", and uuuuuuh....

Every time I think the EU can't possibly get any worse, it does.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Endman posted:

The title might be a good idea, since it'll be a half-price Binayre Pirate, I guess.

As for the boost, I've found it really useful. A sharp turn and a bank boost means you can sometimes get whatever's behind you into the auxiliary firing arcs.

You can, but I find with the Bossk build you're often stressed so you rarely get to boost.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Aramoro posted:

How about upgrading the Pilot to Latts Razzi for 4 pts? It gives the Target locks that you can get from Bossk something really useful to do.

Yeah, that could be useful come to think of it.

Panzeh posted:

You can, but I find with the Bossk build you're often stressed so you rarely get to boost.

You have to clear the stress every round in order to use Bossk again, so why not pair it with the ability to make you less predictable after pulling green manoeuvres?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Endman posted:

You have to clear the stress every round in order to use Bossk again, so why not pair it with the ability to make you less predictable after pulling green manoeuvres?

Bossk works if you're stressed, you get a stress token if you don't have one but even if you do have one you still get the focus and target lock.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yep, which is why you can park that ship even on debris fields and give no shits. Bossk as it currently stands is pretty awesome, although the only ship he's truly effective on is the YV-666 because nothing else in Scum has two crew slots.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

Yep, which is why you can park that ship even on debris fields and give no shits. Bossk as it currently stands is pretty awesome, although the only ship he's truly effective on is the YV-666 because nothing else in Scum has two crew slots.

The benefits of the actionless bossk build are many- being able to fly through rocks without worrying about an action lets him get to his spot- and my build uses intertial dampeners so if I need to be somewhere and don't have a handy blocker I can sit still any time, anywhere.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Aramoro posted:

Bossk works if you're stressed, you get a stress token if you don't have one but even if you do have one you still get the focus and target lock.

Huh. I guess I misinterpreted the wording. In that case I'll probably toss Engine for something else.

I could always replace the Y-Wings with Xizor and two Zs, considering the YV-666 could soak a lot of damage for the boss.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Something like this:

Trandoshan Slaver (29)
Bossk (2)
Gunner (5)
Tactician (2)

Prince Xizor (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Virago (1)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Total: 100

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Ran Chewbacca + Falcon title + R2D2, Poe + BB8, and Keyan + PTL vs.
Darth Vader + Squad leader, Omega Ace + Opportunist, Krassis + HLC

Would have been smart to put Merc Copilot on Krassis (since I had the space anyway)

I have such a hard time keeping B-Wings alive. My opponent was wisely keeping distance from Chewbacca, and taking range 3 potshots with the HLC.
It came down to a grind with just a shieldless Vader and a 1 hull Krassis chasing Chewbacca around. A low PS pancake moving first meant that I was often blocking Vader's movements and keeping him from using his actions. It was somewhat of a stalemate and would have been a grind if we played it through. We ended up calling the game after Krassis ended a K-turn with a teeny corner off the mat.

I'm really just cargo-culting Keyan and haven't really made good use of him in the 2 games I've played. What are the good tactics here? Should I be taking different upgrades or crew/droids?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Ran Chewbacca + Falcon title + R2D2, Poe + BB8, and Keyan + PTL vs.
Darth Vader + Squad leader, Omega Ace + Opportunist, Krassis + HLC

Would have been smart to put Merc Copilot on Krassis (since I had the space anyway)

I have such a hard time keeping B-Wings alive. My opponent was wisely keeping distance from Chewbacca, and taking range 3 potshots with the HLC.
It came down to a grind with just a shieldless Vader and a 1 hull Krassis chasing Chewbacca around. A low PS pancake moving first meant that I was often blocking Vader's movements and keeping him from using his actions. It was somewhat of a stalemate and would have been a grind if we played it through. We ended up calling the game after Krassis ended a K-turn with a teeny corner off the mat.

I'm really just cargo-culting Keyan and haven't really made good use of him in the 2 games I've played. What are the good tactics here? Should I be taking different upgrades or crew/droids?

My go-to Keyan Farlander base is
Keyan Farlander + Title (to get another crew) + Kyle Katarn + whatever else points allow.

You can use stress as offensive focus with Keyan. With Kyle, removing stress also gives you a focus...which you can then use for defense if you get shot.

Pairing him with a HLC is pretty nice, for the extra dice. PTL is okay if you don't stress yourself enough with maneuvers, but with that short K-turn I usually have no trouble staying stressed to keep myself in range. I prefer something like Predator to re-roll all those dice.

He's expensive when you kit him out, though, and can't dodge for poo poo. He's an amazing jouster and unlike most jousters is reasonable against (limited numbers of) turrets, because he has that short k-turn to stay in range.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

ConfusedUs posted:

My go-to Keyan Farlander base is
Keyan Farlander + Title (to get another crew) + Kyle Katarn + whatever else points allow.

You can use stress as offensive focus with Keyan. With Kyle, removing stress also gives you a focus...which you can then use for defense if you get shot.

Is it really worth the points to do all this just to give a ship with 1 Agility a defensive focus? I mean I know that statistically "1 green plus a focus" is better than "1 green without" but it still seems like a lot of effort to put into a ship that's weighted much more strongly towards attack than defense.

The times I've run Keyan I've given him an HLC and Advanced Sensors, meaning I can get an action in before I pull a red maneuver, then clear the stress by spending it and go right back to doing another red maneuver next turn. 1-hard and 2-K turns whenever you want with a barrel roll beforehand makes for a pretty maneuverable little gun platform to spit 4 red dice attacks at all ranges with.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kai Tave posted:

Is it really worth the points to do all this just to give a ship with 1 Agility a defensive focus? I mean I know that statistically "1 green plus a focus" is better than "1 green without" but it still seems like a lot of effort to put into a ship that's weighted much more strongly towards attack than defense.

The times I've run Keyan I've given him an HLC and Advanced Sensors, meaning I can get an action in before I pull a red maneuver, then clear the stress by spending it and go right back to doing another red maneuver next turn. 1-hard and 2-K turns whenever you want with a barrel roll beforehand makes for a pretty maneuverable little gun platform to spit 4 red dice attacks at all ranges with.

Every little bit helps.

As you said, he can be quite maneuverable. A bit of dodging and hedging your dice rolls can keep him alive an extra couple of rounds...and that's all he needs.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Stay On Target is excellent with Keyan as well. Set a 2k maneuver, change to whatever you need, they become red for your free focus. Pair with Adv Sensors for a target lock or barrel roll as needed. Cheap and effective. Offer not valid against PS8+.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Thinking about giving this a try tomorrow:

code:
+++ Stressimator v1.0 (100pts) +++

++ Imperial (Standard) (100pts) ++

+ TIE Interceptor (32pts) +

PS 9 - •Soontir Fel (32pts) [Autothrusters (2pts), Push the Limit (3pts)]
····Rules: Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade, Focus

+ VT-49 Decimator (68pts) +

PS 8 - •Rear Admiral Chiraneau (68pts) [Conner Net (4pts), Engine Upgrade (4pts), Extra Munitions (2pts), 
Push the Limit (3pts), •Darth Vader (3pts), •Mara Jade (3pts), •Rebel Captive (3pts)]
····Rules: Boost (Engine Upgrade), Focus, Target Lock

++ Selection Rules ++

Barrel Roll
Boost
Boost (Engine Upgrade)
Evade
Focus
Target Lock

Created with BattleScribe ([url]http://www.battlescribe.net[/url])
First time flying a Decimator and 2nd time using Fel. Im conflicted about using R.A. Chiraneau; I feel like I should be using Oicin and the Title and just ramming it into the enemy causing damage and a cloud of stress, then dropping a connor net on sombody before boosting away sayin "Later, Sithlords" but having been on the recieving end of a brutal Chiraneu / Vader (crew) tag-team i feel the need to go this way. Thoughts?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Tequila Ranger posted:

Thinking about giving this a try tomorrow:

code:
+++ Stressimator v1.0 (100pts) +++

++ Imperial (Standard) (100pts) ++

+ TIE Interceptor (32pts) +

PS 9 - •Soontir Fel (32pts) [Autothrusters (2pts), Push the Limit (3pts)]
····Rules: Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade, Focus

+ VT-49 Decimator (68pts) +

PS 8 - •Rear Admiral Chiraneau (68pts) [Conner Net (4pts), Engine Upgrade (4pts), Extra Munitions (2pts), 
Push the Limit (3pts), •Darth Vader (3pts), •Mara Jade (3pts), •Rebel Captive (3pts)]
····Rules: Boost (Engine Upgrade), Focus, Target Lock

++ Selection Rules ++

Barrel Roll
Boost
Boost (Engine Upgrade)
Evade
Focus
Target Lock

Created with BattleScribe ([url]http://www.battlescribe.net[/url])
First time flying a Decimator and 2nd time using Fel. Im conflicted about using R.A. Chiraneau; I feel like I should be using Oicin and the Title and just ramming it into the enemy causing damage and a cloud of stress, then dropping a connor net on sombody before boosting away sayin "Later, Sithlords" but having been on the recieving end of a brutal Chiraneu / Vader (crew) tag-team i feel the need to go this way. Thoughts?

I'm hugely not a fan of Vader on an expensive ship, but it can work. If you're flying against a 2 or 3 ship list it's fine. Start running into swarmier lists and it's basically a wasted crew slot except to deliver a killing blow. Palpatine with another crew, or the standard Rebel Captive/Gunner/Ysanne combo is good.

Oicunn is a good pilot as well, you just have to know when to ram and when not to.

edit: also, drop conner nets and munitions to buy Stealth or Shields for Soontir if you have the Royal Guard title available.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I agree. Take Vader off and put Jerjerrod (or whatever his name is) in there instead to help avoid a couple of horrible crits. Connor Net is also pretty bad on the Decimator, simply because your action can almost always be used to up your damage output with Target Locks or Focuses instead. I also wouldn't use Push The Limit on the Decimator because it doesn't really have that much green on its dial, and you would be poking along in a predictable manner if you were always stressed. You really do what to make Soontir a little more durable with Stealth Device.

nilstryfe
Dec 22, 2004
Hong Kong Cavalier

The Gate posted:

Stay On Target is excellent with Keyan as well. Set a 2k maneuver, change to whatever you need, they become red for your free focus. Pair with Adv Sensors for a target lock or barrel roll as needed. Cheap and effective. Offer not valid against PS8+.

This is my go to Keyan. Sometimes I put C3-P0 in there too.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I just realized that I have been measuring range all wrong. I was measuring from the post on the ship's base rather than the edge of the base (within the arc). :saddowns:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

canyoneer posted:

I just realized that I have been measuring range all wrong. I was measuring from the post on the ship's base rather than the edge of the base (within the arc). :saddowns:

While wrong, if that's how your local group does it and it was measured that way for everything. No harm, no foul. But now you know better so you can do it right.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

quote:

100 points
Dash Rendar [Push the Limit, Ion Cannon, Kyle Katarn, Outrider, Engine Upgrade] (54)
Ten Numb [Advanced Sensors, Autoblaster, Push the Limit, Engine Upgrade] (46)

quote:

100 points
Keyan Farlander [Advanced Sensors, Autoblaster, Stay on Target, Hull Upgrade] (42)
Dash Rendar [Push the Limit, Heavy Laser Cannon, Kyle Katarn, Outrider, Engine Upgrade] (58)

quote:

100 points
Keyan Farlander [Advanced Sensors, Ion Cannon, Push the Limit, Engine Upgrade] (42)
Dash Rendar [Push the Limit, Heavy Laser Cannon, Kyle Katarn, Outrider, Engine Upgrade] (58)

Which of these would be more effective for League play, and of that one what is a better way to improve it? I have a lot of fun Dashing around, you see.

EDIT:

quote:

100 points
Dash Rendar (58)
YT-2400 Freighter (36), Push the Limit (3), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Kyle Katarn (3), Outrider (5), Engine Upgrade (4)
Ten Numb (42)
B-Wing (31), Advanced Sensors (3), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), Veteran Instincts (1)

I feel like this one kind of wastes Ten Numb a little bit.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 30, 2015

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
If you want to run Dash, I'd suggest pairing him with something more maneuverable than a B-Wing. If I saw one of those across the table I'd just rush the B-Wing with everything and kill it in a turn or two. 8 HP doesn't last long when it's the only target.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Floppychop posted:

While wrong, if that's how your local group does it and it was measured that way for everything. No harm, no foul. But now you know better so you can do it right.

Yeah but just imagine the Dash "what donut?" Rendar meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

Why wouldn't you put a Mangler Cannon on Ten Numb? Unblockable crits are his whole thing.

• Locked thread