Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

imagine a romcom with the colour palette of mad max fury road

The Warner Bros. comedy strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The MSJ posted:

Bradley Cooper is a rogue bike-riding leather-wearing bad boy chef. Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kheoozlc-Ew

Fixed. Didn't he already do this with Kitchen Confidential? He even had the leather jacket going.

http://www.hulu.com/kitchen-confidential

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

AFewBricksShy posted:

He even had the leather jacket going.

To be fair, how else do you costume a bad boy rogue without a leather jacket???

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GrandpaPants posted:

To be fair, how else do you costume a bad boy rogue without a leather jacket???

Hey now, sometimes they wear a denim vest over their leather jacket, it's not that straightforward.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

AFewBricksShy posted:

Fixed. Didn't he already do this with Kitchen Confidential? He even had the leather jacket going.

http://www.hulu.com/kitchen-confidential

I totally forgot this even existed.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Back on page 182, you got the teaser for Iñárritu's The Revenant. Here, have more plot and uncomfortably fisheyed closeups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoebZZ8K5N0
also, I caught a flash of "music by Ryuichi Sakamoto" so that's cool.

You guys, I think this winter is going to be like the best movie season ever.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 29, 2015

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

f#a# posted:

Back on page 182, you got the teaser for Iñárritu's The Revenant. Here, have more plot and uncomfortably fisheyed closeups.

I won't be able to make it home for Christmas this year, but spending a day with Star Wars, Hateful Eight, The Revenant and Point Break is a pretty good consolation prize

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

morestuff posted:

I won't be able to make it home for Christmas this year, but spending a day with Star Wars, Hateful Eight, The Revenant and Point Break is a pretty good consolation prize

:crossarms:

:wrong:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Maybe he meant the original when he gets back home from the theater.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Maybe he meant the original when he gets back home from the theater.

I was watching the original on TV the other day and there's a foot chase in there through what seems like half the town and in a bunch of claustrophobic back yards. It was legitimately impressive for even a "decent" action flick.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Nah, I'm fully on board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvFAm4kYCo

"I believe that, like me, the people behind these robberies are extreme athletes."

BonoMan posted:

I was watching the original on TV the other day and there's a foot chase in there through what seems like half the town and in a bunch of claustrophobic back yards. It was legitimately impressive for even a "decent" action flick.

Kathryn Bigelow is a very good director

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

BonoMan posted:

The original Point Break is far better than "decent," even if many of its charms aren't precisely in the action.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Point Break remake legitimately looks really dope and I look forward to seeing it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sir Kodiak posted:

The original Point Break is far better than "decent," even if many of its charms aren't precisely in the action.

Oh I love it personally, but a lot of people I know just consider it a decent flick.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

BonoMan posted:

Oh I love it personally, but a lot of people I know just consider it a decent flick.

Sounds like you know a lot of jackass idiots.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BonoMan posted:

It stands out in a decade full of great action flicks and that's nothing to sneeze at.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

f#a# posted:

also, I caught a flash of "music by Ryuichi Sakamoto" so that's cool.

Holy poo poo this movie looks amazing, and the special effects look great. That bear attack looks startlingly realistic.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

MeinPanzer posted:

Holy poo poo this movie looks amazing, and the special effects look great. That bear attack looks startlingly realistic.

I know man, the Point Break remake is gonna be sick.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MeinPanzer posted:

In a desperate attempt to win an academy award, DiCaprio insisted on being attacked by an actual bear for authenticity.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Jenny Angel posted:

I know man, the Point Break remake is gonna be make people sick.

ftfy

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

morestuff posted:

I won't be able to make it home for Christmas this year, but spending a day with Hateful Eight, The Revenant is a pretty good consolation prize
Addition by subtraction. Plus, white xmas theme.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

morestuff posted:

maybe, the best director.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Does she have anything coming up? Because Zero Dark Thirty is my favorite of what's been a fantastic career, so whatever she's got next has my automatic excitement.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Jenny Angel posted:

Does she have anything coming up? Because Zero Dark Thirty is my favorite of what's been a fantastic career, so whatever she's got next has my automatic excitement.

she's doing a Bowe Berghdal movie and an adaptation of The True American but i have no idea when they're coming out. i think Tom Hardy's in the latter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Point Break remake legitimately looks really dope and I look forward to seeing it.

This is because a really good SVP at Warner Bros. made that trailer and he's good at his job and has lots of real stunts filmed in high def orgasm cameras to use.

I have seen Point Break. I have seen every daily. Unless they did a lot of re-shoots and masterful editing in the last six months it is garbage.

There's a whole subplot about chasing some Buddhist 8 ordeals to achieve nirvana. It's fairly atrocious.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

kiimo posted:

lots of real stunts filmed in high def orgasm cameras

kiimo posted:

There's a whole subplot about chasing some Buddhist 8 ordeals to achieve nirvana.

kiimo posted:

masterful editing

All sounding pretty good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay just so you know going into it that that is the movie you're getting and not anything resembling the original.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm less concerned with how much it resembles the original and more concerned with how much it resembles Pixels

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do any of the protagonists at any point quote XXX or XXX:State of the Union?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

kiimo posted:

This is because a really good SVP at Warner Bros. made that trailer and he's good at his job and has lots of real stunts filmed in high def orgasm cameras to use.

I have seen Point Break. I have seen every daily. Unless they did a lot of re-shoots and masterful editing in the last six months it is garbage.

There's a whole subplot about chasing some Buddhist 8 ordeals to achieve nirvana. It's fairly atrocious.

morestuff posted:

All sounding pretty good.
Yeah kiimo, you're not exactly making it sound like a bad movie haha

I still very much want to see it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm less concerned with how much it resembles the original and more concerned with how much it resembles Pixels

lol

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry, I'll stop :(

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

she's doing a Bowe Berghdal movie and an adaptation of The True American but i have no idea when they're coming out. i think Tom Hardy's in the latter.

Isn't Serial season 2 gonna be about Bowe Berghdal?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Isn't Serial season 2 gonna be about Bowe Berghdal?

huh, really? that's kinda interesting, i was just wondering the other day what was happening with Serial Season 2.

edit: according to a Rolling Stone article, Mark Boal is actually helping with Serial Season 2.

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 30, 2015

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

morestuff posted:

I've been meaning to rewatch Near Dark but I remember the Ron Silver vs. Jamie Lee Curtis showdown in Blue Steel to be very very good.

And of course, Strange Days is awesome, even if it's a dated now.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 30, 2015

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Near Dark is terrific, probably my favorite of hers other than ZDT and Point Break.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

Maybe expand on this a little? This sounds like it could be a total pile or it could be okay.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Young Freud posted:

And of course, Strange Days is awesome, even if it's a dated now.

Lotsa rape in that movie, like a strange fixation.

Also, what ever happened to Tom Sizemore? Dude owns.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

second-hand smegma posted:

Also, what ever happened to Tom Sizemore? Dude owns.

He's a drunk and a crank head that non-C-list movies won't hire because of behaviour and insurance issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Yikes, video game voice acting, celebrity rehab, and and episode of Law & Order. Dude's life is hosed.

• Locked thread