Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mycot posted:

Sorta tying with ImpAtom's post, adaptations tend to not use him because he doesn't really have a reason to exist unless Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Jason Todd/Red Hood also both exist, and most adaptations don't "get that far".

The DCAU skipped Jason entirely, and just had Tim as Dick's replacement. I'd assumed that's what had happened in the Arkham universe, until this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Where does it say the PC is getting DLC?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Random afterthought, but Joker mobile and the rest of that ending was awesome, and the white and orange Batmobile sucks, how do I get rid of it?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I still can't buy this on steam since they took it down. Anywhere else online selling it? Is it good? Is it fixed?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Random afterthought, but Joker mobile and the rest of that ending was awesome, and the white and orange Batmobile sucks, how do I get rid of it?

Change the skin of the the Batmobile the same way you change Batman's skin.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Rasmussen posted:

I still can't buy this on steam since they took it down. Anywhere else online selling it? Is it good? Is it fixed?

There are other resellers, but I'm not sure which are the best /cheapest. It's good (and has some great bits), but it's a bit too padded and the Batmobile stuff never completely justifies its existence. It's largely fixed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chasiubao posted:

Change the skin of the the Batmobile the same way you change Batman's skin.

Tbh I have no idea how to do either.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

NESguerilla posted:

It's one of the main menu options. Gallery? I don't remember, been a while since I booted it up. Anywhere it's where you go to look at all the different skins. You can set which one you want to use from there.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Rasmussen posted:

I bought it off cdkeys for 17.50€ in the premium version (Harley DLC and season pass included) three weeks ago or so.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Sep 23, 2015

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Dogen posted:

I would like to know this too, it doesn't say anything about the PC in that description or in that video.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

It doesn't.

NESguerilla posted:

I don't know what system you're on, but when you're on the screen with all of the Batsuit headshots in a grid, move to the one you want to play as and look at the onscreen text at the bottom to choose the one you want to pick. It will say "Select Skin", I think. Do the same from the Batmobile list. You can't pick the Jokermobile, though, unless you haxx0r the PC files.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 23, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Hfo70-dVo

SomecallmeJohnny did his review of the game finally.

Johnny seems like a pretty cool guy.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Looking forward to using Red Hood in challenge maps at least. His attacks have a real sense of weight behind them, even if some of the counter moves are a bit sluggish.

Guessing the rumour of Aslyum/City HD updates never came to anything?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I replayed them after playing AK and they really hold up, I wouldn't see the point except maybe higher res textures?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://store.playstation.com/#!/es...d=so-ga-5-82754

All the Batman games are at discount until sunday.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Came back to the game after awhile to do some of the AR challenges and this happens:

One dude materialized outside the blue walls and there was no way to get him, and he just hung around with his arms crossed. I had a big-rear end combo multiplier that was going to kick in too. :argh:

edit: stuck it to the man by shooting a remote batarang straight up and turns out there's an upper limit to the walls. Went up and over and all the way back down, tapped the goon with it which caused the game to glitch him back inside just above me on the corner posts. Tossed a batarang at him and he went down, letting me complete the round.

:argh:

redbackground fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 24, 2015

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Dogen posted:

Oops, my mistake. I misinterpreted a Blue's News post about both the PC version and the DLC, I guess they're not related. PC version's still apparently still in the perpetual "next few weeks".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

redbackground posted:

Came back to the game after awhile to do some of the AR challenges and this happens:

One dude materialized outside the blue walls and there was no way to get him, and he just hung around with his arms crossed. I had a big-rear end combo multiplier that was going to kick in too. :argh:

edit: stuck it to the man by shooting a remote batarang straight up and turns out there's an upper limit to the walls. Went up and over and all the way back down, tapped the goon with it which caused the game to glitch him back inside just above me on the corner posts. Tossed a batarang at him and he went down, letting me complete the round.

:argh:

That is the smuggest glitch I've ever seen.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Knormal posted:

Oops, my mistake. I misinterpreted a Blue's News post about both the PC version and the DLC, I guess they're not related. PC version's still apparently still in the perpetual "next few weeks".

I think I've written the season pass off as a loss. I preordered both the game and pass before I decided to stop that, wish I had learned my lesson earlier.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That is the smuggest glitch I've ever seen.
He also kept verbally taunting me as I tried to think of ways to get him back into the playing area. :saddowns:

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Mr E posted:

I think I've written the season pass off as a loss. I preordered both the game and pass before I decided to stop that, wish I had learned my lesson earlier.

I really wish there was a way to get a refund for at least the season pass.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

gypsyshred posted:

I really wish there was a way to get a refund for at least the season pass.

I bought mine when it was like 25% off and I've learned a valuable lesson about not buying Season Passes.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Season passes are "deals" in that they are cheaper than buying all the DLC piecemeal. But in every season pass I've ever seen there's at least one thing that I would never buy so buying the DLC I actually want piecemeal works out to be cheaper.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if Tim will get a postgame DLC story.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It'll be 2 weeks of him sitting in a cage while watching bodies decompose.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh man the potential, imagine if they brought in Stephanie Brown and who am I kidding he'd just fight Two-Face or something

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Rocksteady already missed out on a great opportunity for an in-game card game ("Tim Drake's Solitaire-y Confinement", copyright redbackground 2015.)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Levantine posted:

I bought mine when it was like 25% off and I've learned a valuable lesson about not buying Season Passes.

Yeah, as someone who bought the Season Pass I have no sympathy for anyone who bought it. :v:

Figured I might as well spend the extra cash for the "final" dollop of Arkham but yeah, just pick and choose what you want. The pass is too expensive for what we've gotten I think.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
What we have gotten? You are not PC masterwaiting race then.

I only paid 17€ for game + season pass and while I enjoyed the game and "only" have to solve riddles now to complete it, I still think calling it a season pass is a joke, judging from what I so far only read about hopefully-at-some-point-coming-to-the-PC DLCs.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, as someone who bought the Season Pass I have no sympathy for anyone who bought it. :v:

Figured I might as well spend the extra cash for the "final" dollop of Arkham but yeah, just pick and choose what you want. The pass is too expensive for what we've gotten I think.

I paid 25 bucks for nothing so far, basically. The PC release of AK has just been hysterically awful.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
There's a walkthrough video of the new Nightwing DLC on the youtube.

16 minutes total, and the same setup as the Red Hood stuff (combat room, predator, combat room)

I figured it'd be short, but...

redbackground fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 29, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I expected little and I'm still disappointed. It doesn't even address anything that happened in the ending aside from the stupid wedding.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Looks like if you got a refund from GMG, Steam are finally revoking the games from your library.

Though, judging by how poo poo the season pass stuff is, I don't even think I'm missing much by not having it in my library for the eventual pc release (which may be soon if they're revoking access I guess).

Maybe I'll pick it back up again in next year's Christmas steam sale or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

16 minutes total, and the same setup as the Red Hood stuff (combat room, predator, combat room)

Jesus Christ, 16 minutes? Why even bother.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus Christ, 16 minutes? Why even bother.

it's ok, as long as Evolve exists there's no way AK DLC even comes close to being the most pointless and worst

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I get that it's not going to be as long as the main game, but if you look at DLC for other games - even other Arkham games - it tends to be a little longer than 16 minutes. What did it take to beat Harley's Revenge in Arkham City? Like an hour? If you can't even stretch it out to that long, what's the point?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

l33t b4c0n posted:

I get that it's not going to be as long as the main game, but if you look at DLC for other games - even other Arkham games - it tends to be a little longer than 16 minutes. What did it take to beat Harley's Revenge in Arkham City? Like an hour? If you can't even stretch it out to that long, what's the point?

Harley Quinn's Revenge was about an hour, Cold Cold Heart in Arkham Origins was maybe 90 minutes. In spite of having money thrown at them the only campaign along those lines we're getting is Batgirl.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

16 minutes? Think I'll just pocket my money then.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

redbackground posted:

fuckin called it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
So apperently WB publishing is going to continue making arkham games. before knight i would have been mad with not-rocksteady batman, post knight, i dont mind so much.

• Locked thread